More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:52:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Family members asking sims to the prom: Bug or feature?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family members asking sims to the prom: Bug or feature?  (Read 6164 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Family members asking sims to the prom: Bug or feature?
« on: 2011 December 29, 00:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A while ago one of my teen sims got invited to the prom by his mother, an elder who lived on another lot.  I accepted without looking too carefully at the name and didn't notice before the prom started.  They seemed to hit it off, drinking punch and dancing all nigh.  I was worried they might get romantically involved, but thankfully this didn't happen.  His prom picture did confirm that he was indeed there with his mother.  I feared it might be a sign of impending doom, but no harm seems to have come of it and I forgot about it.
Just now I had something similar happen, in different game, a fresh neighbourhood; another young man was invited to the prom by his uncle.  This time I spotted it and turned him down.

Is this a feature designed to embarrass young sims who can't get a date themselves?
Is it a horrible perverted glitch?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Family members asking sims to the prom: Bug or feature?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 December 29, 00:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always do the inviting, so I haven't seen this.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 December 29, 02:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Horribly perverted glitch. Sims have also been known to receive strange things from farm animals, so...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 December 29, 03:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this only happen to extremely shy teens (or animals)? Perhaps it's a TS3 programmer's experience written into the code? Or, a glitch.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 December 29, 10:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teen in question this time has the loner trait.  I can't remember how it was the first time.

Also, it looks like there is only one other teen in the whole neighbourhood, and she's a first cousin.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 December 31, 04:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teen in question this time has the loner trait.  I can't remember how it was the first time.

Also, it looks like there is only one other teen in the whole neighbourhood, and she's a first cousin.

'em er some slim pickin's thar, I tell ya'! Seems mighty reasonable if granny wants ta go to tha prom. hurr (craptastic!) har!

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 December 31, 04:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just last night I witnessed a Sim's grandmother invite him to prom.

Also on a similarly disturbing note, I recently had a Sim roll a want to skinny dip with her brother. I mean, what is this, season six of Dexter?
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 December 31, 14:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realized that I couldn't use the romance interaction on my boyfriend because he was really my nephew; the damn Sim invited me to the prom and at the time I didn't know they were related. Inside the Friendly interaction branch there is a "worry about relationship" option. Isn't that usually reserved when a relationship is on the rocks from having low friendship?

Also, my Sim has the Loner trait. Hmm. I guess she's that desperate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: