More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:41:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Glowing objects from performing experiments
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glowing objects from performing experiments  (Read 5063 times)
DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Glowing objects from performing experiments
« on: 2009 June 27, 14:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all, So my Mad Scientist sim has been performing experiments on damn near everything in his house. Some very nice bonuses there (new car smell in the bathroom? Awesome!) however the stupid glowing effects on everything are really too much. With all of the chairs, tables, electronics, appliances glowing like this, the house looks positively radioactive.

Is there any way to make the glowing stop, other than undoing the experiments? Something I can download maybe? It seems to randomly go away after a while, and then randomly come back again. Or it may not be random at all. :p

Thanks!
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Glowing objects from performing experiments
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 27, 16:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I wondered this too.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 18, 10:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to necropost (better than starting a new thread about the same subject?), but I still haven't found an answer to this problem, other than not using the "Perform Experiment On" option.
I have tried here, MTS, and google, and although I found a couple of people asking the same question, I have not found a mod that removed the glow/aura effect from experimented items.

Does anyone know of a mod out there that does this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 18, 10:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The glowpulses are a normal effect of making an item experimental. If you don't want items to glowpulse, don't experient on them. It's hard enough telling what items have been so tortured so you can assign them to the right rooms!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 18, 14:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The glowpulses are a normal effect of making an item experimental. If you don't want items to glowpulse, don't experient on them.

Well, yes, I know that.

It's hard enough telling what items have been so tortured so you can assign them to the right rooms!

Surely the moodlet it gives you would say what it is from? Even if it doesn't, it wouldn't be hard to experiment on each item until you get the desired effect, and then move on to the next. Sure, if you did a load of them, and then forgot, it might be problematic, but having them all flashing and flickering at you, all day and night is surely more of a problem?
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 18, 17:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a mod to disable Perform Experiment On floating around somewhere on MTS, but I haven't seen one to disable the glow. I would say go post in the requests thread in Pudding Factory, and probably find the one at MTS and post there, too. Maybe you'll motivate someone to figure it out for you.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 18, 19:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the glowage can't be prevented (other than by, of course, not doing eet), could it be at least toned down via some sort of default-replacement-style graphics swap?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 18, 19:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since people have been able to get rid of the musical notes and Zzzz, it shouldn't be impossible to get rid of the science effects.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 19, 02:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be easy to do by a vfx replacer, but it is not relevant to our interests here. Someone at MTS2 will probably do something like that if you whine for it enough. I, however, value the glowy effect as a means of knowing which object has been experimented on. It would be even better if we could keep track of WHICH effect it was giving.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 19, 12:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I agree that science experiments that make your fridge give you a happy should announce themselves. My quibble with the glow isn't its existence but the screaming turquoise-and-yellow of it. If it were even just possible to make it a more neutral colour, I'd be chuffed, but you're right - probably coming soon to an MTS2 near you.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: