More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:44:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  World of Puddings
| | | |-+  Inge's Pudding
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inge's Pudding  (Read 56039 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Inge's Pudding
« on: 2009 June 26, 15:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simlogical.com/exacc/IngePudding/Jones.Sims3Pack

* Inge_Jones.zip (330.89 KB - downloaded 662 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 29, 17:17:01 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Inge's Pudding
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 26, 15:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I made one, and it's a Sims3Pack.  There are no sims in my Saves folder so I can upload it as a Sims3Pack or not at all.

If you use "editsim" you can get her back into CAS, click on the sim's icon on the control panel at the bottom of the screen, and you get an option to save the sim.  This will create the .sim file, which would be preferable to the sims3pack.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 26, 15:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 26, 15:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately we're not allowed to upload images here.

What I will do is put it on simlogical or something.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 26, 19:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use "editsim" you can get her back into CAS, click on the sim's icon on the control panel at the bottom of the screen, and you get an option to save the sim.  This will create the .sim file, which would be preferable to the sims3pack.

It will work also with "change appereance".

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 26, 19:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately we're not allowed to upload images here.

No one else has a problem posting a picture with their pudding.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 26, 20:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice for them.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 26, 23:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leave Inge alone, Jelly...she's old and frail and not up to the new-fangled technology like image linking that all the young kids are doing nowadays...

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 27, 00:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those damned kids... we didn't have all this fancy webby stuff: we had to telnet uphill, gophers, and veronica, and WE LIKED IT!

*grumbles and shakes fist at the Endless September*

EDIT: I suggest Inge to paste an ASCII-art version of her selfsim; not jocking  Wink.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 27, 01:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Inge actually going to ATTACH anything, or is this a useless thread?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 27, 01:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think her tea cosy has slipped down over her eyes.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 27, 07:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to put it in my own space and link from the first post.  I've been a bit busy, sorry.

Later: Links now added to first post.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 10:45:19 by Inge » Logged

Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 27, 20:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. The Launcher is Evil. We will not accept Sims3Pack puddings here. Your Pudding should be submitted by zipping the .Sim file out of the SavedSims directory. Avoid the Launcher!

Please try to be less fail. A Senator of your caliber should be aware of the rules and set an example. This is not acceptable.

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 27, 20:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No-one will want to play with you now, Inge. You'll have to stand in the corner and watch while everyone else has fun. That'll learn ya.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 27, 22:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please try to be less fail. A Senator of your caliber should be aware of the rules and set an example. This is not acceptable.

I happen to think that is an insignificant detail therefore I ignored it.  Besides which I have broken no forum rule as I haven't uploaded it to this forum.  It takes a matter of seconds to unSims3Pack a sim in one of the several custom unSims3Pack tools available.  Surely you're not that helpless?   Roll Eyes

And you, Emma.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 28, 00:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. The Launcher is Evil. We will not accept Sims3Pack puddings here. Your Pudding should be submitted by zipping the .Sim file out of the SavedSims directory. Avoid the Launcher!

Having to be an "individual" style pain in the ass and be difficult and do it completely differently to everyone else is pretty much Inge's schtick. Hence why she uploads the wrong file and a shit-as-hell tiny little picture of the sim. I wouldn't expect anything less from her, really.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 28, 00:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem, with packaged sims, is that they enter in game as households in the bin, while .sim files are in CAS as custom sims. Sims in the bin will also respawn in game with no control creating random wandering clones; you have to delete it from the bin as soon as you put it in game. If you want, later, to use another copy (like, populating another neighborhood, etc.) you have to reinstall the damned thing again every time.
Sims in .sim file, on the other hand, act the same as good ol' TS2 custom sims: they stay in CAS, in the custom tab, are always there, ready to go, and don't invade your hood whenever they want.

So, it's not simply a matter of file format: they're completely different things, with completely different behavior (and annoyance).

------
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 28, 01:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

trying to download and i get this error message  The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://www.simlogical.com/exacc/IngePudding/Jones.Sims...
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 28, 01:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

trying to download and i get this error message  The XML page cannot be displayed

Your browser has its MIME types borked.

Right-click on the link ---> Save as

------
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 28, 01:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks i just used firefox to download it all is well now.  IE seems to be giving me fits today.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 28, 04:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem, with packaged sims, is that they enter in game as households in the bin, while .sim files are in CAS as custom sims. Sims in the bin will also respawn in game with no control creating random wandering clones; you have to delete it from the bin as soon as you put it in game. If you want, later, to use another copy (like, populating another neighborhood, etc.) you have to reinstall the damned thing again every time.

Quite so.  However, my previous method stands as an alternative.  Load the sims3pack.  Put simInge into the hood.  Delete library to get rid of the Inge "household" to avoid reproduction.  Go to game with Awesomemod installed.  Use editsim on Inge and pull her into CAS and save the .sim file from there.  No worries.

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 28, 07:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang on, what's the point of bringing the sim back into CAS - it's all ready to go in the game.  Sure, unSims3Pack it, but why do the other stuff?  It should be a true likeness of me, character flaws, colour prefs and all, ready to play.   She wasn't in a house she was just a sim straight from CAS.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 28, 07:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang on, what's the point of bringing the sim back into CAS - it's all ready to go in the game.  Sure, unSims3Pack it, but why do the other stuff?  It should be a true likeness of me, character flaws, colour prefs and all, ready to play.   She wasn't in a house she was just a sim straight from CAS.

Hey, spazcaeks - when you pack the sim from CAS it contains all the character flaws and colour preferences. It's not like TS2, where you need to rebuild the traits. They all come pre-packed from the .sim file.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 28, 09:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spazcaeks yourself!  So why does it need to go through CAS before using?

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 28, 10:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spazcaeks yourself!  So why does it need to go through CAS before using?

God you're dense today. Off your meds? As Marhis said, if you don't do the .sim file from CAS and allow people to manually add you to a house of their choosing but rather you do a .sims3pack like you did, you end up with someone from the Sim Bin that spawns clones and other pain in the ass bullshit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: