More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 05:54:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Unable to recolour kithchen counters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unable to recolour kithchen counters  (Read 6585 times)
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Unable to recolour kithchen counters
« on: 2009 June 26, 07:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So this is what's happening to my game right now:

I am able to change the textures of kitchen counters as long as they are not placed in an L shape.
What happens is I take a recolored piece and put it against a wall then I take another recolored piece and place it so it will make an L shape, for some reason the piece in the corner turns back to a maxis recolor and when I try to style it it will say that the object can not be recolored.

I have tried placing all maxis colored counters and then styling them with CAST but still the corner portion is restricted for some reason. I have also tried deleting all counters and getting new ones and also getting a different style of counters.
I was able to get all the counters to match before, this started when I was about to make the kitchen bigger and since you can't drag walls with counters placed by it I had to move everything from the wall to get that done, when I tried placing everything back together that's when the issue appeared.

Instant Karma Is Gonna Get Ya!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Unable to recolour kithchen counters
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 26, 08:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that once. I placed all counters in the middle of the floor, coloured them all, then placed them. If I put the corner one in last, it worked.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 26, 08:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try that too but the goddamn thing keeps switching back to the maxis color no matter what order I put the in... 

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 26, 08:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe try reloading the game, in case it's temporarily glitched?

I have also had a dirty counter revert to the original counter colours till it was cleaned.

ETA: My corner one I had trouble with was next to a fridge. Dunno if that makes a difference?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 26, 08:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea if this makes a difference, but have you tried to place counters in a custom color scheme instead of placing counters in original colors and then style them?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 26, 14:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My counters do that, but when I've finished placing them, I grab them up and put them down again without moving them. Then they turn back my chosen colours.
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 27, 21:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried reloading the game and now the issue is only happening with the overachieving counter and island only.
I think that object got corrupted in some unknown way...
I can't even place one that is not the first maxis color but still a maxis recolor because it keeps switching back to the first one... it's really annoying because that's the counter I like the most  Undecided

moxyc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 27, 21:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed the same problem last night when I redecorated my house.  It's only with the Overachieving set and not with every piece.  I can't recolor random counter tops, the fridge, the bookcase, or the ceiling lights.  I wonder if it has to do with the recent patch? 
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 28, 02:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the overachieving cabinets from the store? I have had that problem since day one of installing. Just chunked it up to being another EA corrupted object. However, moving the item around seems to correct it. If by accident I move it again, the cabinet will change to original colors and textures. Usually a corner upper and regular cabinet, doesn't matter what is next to it. Thanks EA.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 28, 09:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the set is from the store, I just downloaded it again and will try re installing the set to see if it will correct the issue. Also I don't have the latest patch installed so I don't assume it has something to do with it, at least not in my case.

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 28, 17:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Overachieving" - is that the same as the "Bayside Set" (Store download)? If yes, then I had the same issue yesterday -- the corner counter not being recolourable --; I worked around it by using one of the vanilla "modern expensive" counters (I have no idea what they're called, sorry) for the corner and applying the same style to it .. since the doors don't show on a corner counter, the difference isn't very noticeable.
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 29, 01:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, overachieving is the in game name for the counters that come in the Bayside set from the store.
My problem was that I usually don't go with the vanilla colored counter but a darker one, customer or not so it kinda stands out... a LOT.

An after placing a counter in a corner even taking it out wouldn't change it back to the original color nor would I be able to recolor it, had to delete and place a new one.

Screenshot here:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vts56s.jpg

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 29, 22:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Save your custom color so that it will show up in the correct category (wood, metal, etc.), then apply it to the alternate counter that pbox suggested using, and it will match your custom-colored overachieving counters.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 30, 03:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Save your custom color so that it will show up in the correct category (wood, metal, etc.), then apply it to the alternate counter that pbox suggested using, and it will match your custom-colored overachieving counters.

I will thanks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: