More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 16:52:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Official Sims 3 Patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Sims 3 Patch  (Read 52701 times)
sacreble
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Official Sims 3 Patch
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 30, 13:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Ive used Razor Crack and it works, but now when I start to play it shows no sims on the left bar in my household and a totally different sim in the sim menu window. Is there a way I can fix it?

What is the awesome mod?
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 30, 13:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search is your friend. ^

Otherwise, here's the spoon, open wide! Awesomemod

- INTJ -
ma_step
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 30, 16:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a NoCD crack specifically for the new update 1.3.24. Tested and works perfectly.
Just copy the crack to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" as normal.

Sims 3 - 1.3.24 NoCD Crack by Ma-step:
http://www.2shared.com/file/6913766/fa94c9bd/Sims3ver1324_NoCD_Crack_by_Ma-step.html

Just need to scroll down to the small "Save file to your PC" link, and your set.
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 30, 19:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a stand alone no censor mod? The precomp file is swapped and the old mod doesn't seem to work anymore.
Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 30, 23:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, the one i DLd wasnt for my version, gave me the region error. i have 1.0.631.00002
i went to the simprograms place again but all those links just give me the redirect, whether using firefox or IE.

why the fel do they have to make it so damn hard for us without net on our sims machines? >.>
would it kill them to let us just dl a patch later than the connected folks who want to be spammed with offers?
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 31, 16:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the MTS link provided back on page one.  The links work, and you can download the patch from there.
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 07, 21:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to see they came out with 1.4 so quickly, I hope it works unlike the stinking 1.3. You know the 1.3 had to be messed up badly for them to release 1.4 so quickly (It only took a week) I had to reinstall my game twice because of 1.3.24 so I'll be waiting a while to see what happens to peoples games with the 1.4.

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 07, 22:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah 1.3 was seriously broken, I had problems with ques dropping and the fridge not having meal options and those stupid green arrows showing up in live mode. I'd hope they made the minor changes they needed to in order to stop those things. It's one thing to fix like 15 things but when you break the fridge so the sims can't eat that's another. I don't care if they fixed all the bugs if the sims can't make a meal it's pretty useless.

(Edit) Well a tuneup program I ran screwed with the settings in TS3 so I decided to reinstall and since uninstall and reinstall doesn't take more than a few minutes I decided to try the new patch to see if they fixed ANYTHING. I can definitely confirm I haven't seen the Green Arrows showing up in Live Mode and I haven't had any problems so far with sims dropping their ques except for when my one sim was pregnant and she got her body change in the middle of fixing the vegetized plumbing. The only minor annoyance I've seen so far is that my handy sim is constantly flipping a wrench up in the air when ever he has nothing to do, Which did not happen to ME before. It seems if you have HP's face shine in CAS a few outfits show up with a slight film over them all the time, Sort of how they look when you scroll over it. However once ingame the clothes do turn out to be the color you selected. I can also confirm the Delphy Slider hack will need to be updated because it caused CTD while loading though most of my other hacks seem to be working. I will update if I find any more that cause CTD I'm installing one at a time and reloading the game. Also another plus is that I was experiencing long save times of about 3 minutes and now with the new patch it took about 30 seconds.

Hacks I have found working with 1.4.6 so far include:
Awesomemod dated 8-7-09
Awesomemod dated 8-8-09
HP's No ZZZs from MTS
Rarely Cough by TigerM @ MTS
Lost Account's Toddler hacks at the 4X Speed from MTS
Faster Cooking & Slower Eating by UserUnknown @ MTS
Sinks Mirrors 3 by UserUnknown @ MTS
Gain Skills faster by MXP from MTS in 30% or 50%
Faster Novel Writing by Chaavik @ MTS
30 Minute Homework by xAlwaysVindicatedx @ MTS
No Autonomous hacks by xAlwaysVindicatedx @ MTS
No Autonomous Stereo Dance by Rolf @ MTS
« Last Edit: 2009 August 08, 15:05:27 by ScorpioMaurus » Logged
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 11, 03:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing patch 1.4 is just a fixed 1.3 patch, do i need to install the 1.3 patch before installing 1.4? or can i just skip 1.3 all together & just install the 1.4 from 1.27?

kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 11, 04:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a crack for the 1.4 version now
MalikNetok
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 11, 05:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone but me notice a performance issue since the last patch? I'm having major slow-downs. It takes forever to load and save as well as the area taking a long time to texturize.
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 12, 01:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing patch 1.4 is just a fixed 1.3 patch, do i need to install the 1.3 patch before installing 1.4? or can i just skip 1.3 all together & just install the 1.4 from 1.27?

Yes you need to install 1.27, 1.3.24 and 1.4.6 in order to get it working. I have not had any performance issues with the patch in fact everything seems much faster for me what are your system specs. I may not be a good judge because I have a Quad core with 8GBs of RAM etc. etc. But my saving times were about 3 to 4 minutes before I used this patch and now they are about 30 seconds.
MalikNetok
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 12, 03:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phenom II X3 705e with 4 GB RAM and a GeForce 8500 GT with 1 GB dedicated RAM. I tried it with 2 GB of 1066 MHz first then popped in 2 more GB of 667 MHz. There was no change. Sadly I was having no issues with my duel core AMD Athlon 64 X2 and 3.5 GB 667 RAM. I thought I'd upgrade but it seems to be worse. I was hoping it was the patch but seems not. The Phenom II runs much faster other than in Sims 3.

I'm thinking of overclocking it since it can get up to 3.0 GHz from the stock 2.5 GHz. I don't want to have to. Any hints on how to get my Sims 3 fix without having to wait 5 minutes or more for every shift from place to place? Possibly reinstall and only go to the second patch?

EDITED: Oh yeah. My motherboard is a Asus M4N78 Pro if that helps.

EDITED AGAIN: I thought of this when I woke this morning. Could it be that I'm having this issue because of all the custom content I use? From patterns and clothing/hair to lots and so on. I don't understand what is supposed to go into those sub-folders other then the obvious one like "patterns". What all goes in them? Would putting the custom stuff into the sub-folders cut the wait time down. I have nearly a GB of stuff in my "packages" folder and much of it I have no idea what it even is due to the million or so random letter/number file names ones.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 12, 14:56:50 by MalikNetok » Logged
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 12, 16:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the computer definitely sounds like it should be able to handle it, mine are Phenoms as well but it's a quad. I'd say try running the game without CC to see what happens would be the easiest way to see if that's causing the slowdown. Personally what I would do since install is pretty fast since there's no EPs yet, Is backup the documents folder and then uninstall and do a totally fresh install with all patches and see if it runs fine. But then if it doesn't you'd need to uninstall again so probably the best option is taking out CC to see what's happening. The only thing that slowed down my game was the core mods like awesomemod or IndieStone but it runs really well for me since this last patch. If all your CC has numbers that start out 0x those are things that should be in another folder I think it's called DCBackup I can't imagine why normal CC from places like MTS would have random looking names, I know exactly where all my CC is from only things from the store or sims3pack files (IE Houses) should show up with weird numbers like that. I'm running mine with about 2GB of CC so I don't know perhaps something went wrong during the update. It's too bad EA didn't give us some way of uninstalling the patch without uninstalling the whole game. But they'd probably never do that because that would count as admitting that they make such bad patches people need to delete them. Also I have a post on MTS that includes a new resource.cfg which will allow you to have 20 subfolders, I currently have 32 subfolders and I keep everything very organized.

http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=355536

I'd say in the long run your best bet to to reinstall your CC in places where you'll know how to find it. That will make things much easier in the future. In TS2 I used to just dl stuff randomly and not pay much attention to it and then after many reinstalls and losing items and families I bought an External HD to store everything on and I keep all my DLs along with pics of everything backed up on there. It has made reinstalls much less frustrating now. I am doing the same thing with Sims 3 as well  and I name the pics the same name as the zip or rar so that they show up in order right next to each other and yes I have OCD but I also have a very low frustration tolerance for reinstalling and losing my favorite stuff lol.

(Edit) Thinking on it perhaps custom houses are the problem as they would show up in that folder with those number names and they could slow down the neighborhood since they aren't default. I only have 7 CC houses and have no issues, How many of your CC are Sims or Houses? Also what are your graphic settings? I found that keeping the Graphic Effects on Medium makes it work much better. I turned off reflections because that only affects the mirrors (Does not affect the water) and I keep Graphic Effects on medium and saw significant improvement. My GPU is an ATI 4650 with 1GB of memory and it does play it fine with every option on high but I saw huge differences in load times and save times after changing the graphic effects. It mostly controls the particle effects from things like the spoiled food, On low it really reduces the quality of thumbnails in CAS so medium would be best to try if you have it on high.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 12, 16:58:03 by ScorpioMaurus » Logged
MalikNetok
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 13, 01:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I'll edit this one with the results. As for the strangely numbered file, I use Delphy's tool for Sims3pack placement since I have had problems, along with many others, since the first patch using just the Sims 3 installer and it is hard to install with that things that aren't downloaded from their site. If there is a way I don't know it.

The test begins: First the removal of custom content... OK, that worked. It was back to a decent speed if not a bit faster. Now to figure out where the slow-down came from. I'll be back to edit.

EDITED: Replaced all the "package" contents and removed only the strangely named ones; example is 0x3f78e98b4b06467f925e22041e8b58e9. Ran like a dream. The only problem with this is there are 390 of them and I have no idea what the heck they are and what I'll be loosing by not using them. There are also 260+ in my Sims 3 downloads file in My Docs.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 02:20:08 by MalikNetok » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 August 13, 02:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes you need to install 1.27, 1.3.24 and 1.4.6 in order to get it working. I have not had any performance issues with the patch in fact everything seems much faster for me what are your system specs. I may not be a good judge because I have a Quad core with 8GBs of RAM etc. etc. But my saving times were about 3 to 4 minutes before I used this patch and now they are about 30 seconds.

No you don't. The launcher will automatically update you to the latest patch from any version in one patch. There's direct links to those base game or 1.27 to 1.4 patches too. I don't feel like hunting them down again but they are in The incoming patch thread at The Horror The Horror and probably at MTS also.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 August 13, 14:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine did not, and I installed using the EA Launcher. It needed the first patches in my case.
lidaja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 September 18, 12:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have razor version of the sims 3 (1911 1.0.631.00002)  and i'm trying to install patch 1.2.7 from here http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/
but i can't. Error says: Invalid file found. Any clue? Please help!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: