More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:27:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Factory is for downloads: put your lame requests & WCIFs here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pudding Factory is for downloads: put your lame requests & WCIFs here  (Read 1106991 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Pudding Factory is for downloads: put your lame requests & WCIFs here
« Reply #700 on: 2011 October 26, 00:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a pay item, but still eluding me...Create a World Tool 1.13.3.
A link would be gratuitously received.

Take steps found here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15591.msg577967.html#msg577967
But apply to http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
magnetic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2011 October 30, 11:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find this set from the store (critter comforts) :  http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=12232&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:18615... has it been released on MATY? (searching by key words don't give any result)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2011 October 30, 12:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its in a set with another animal/child set, search for animal abound(s).

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2011 November 07, 02:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only there was a downloadable, definitive, easy to use/install set of files of ALL the store content that everybody used and was fully fixed and updated.  More people would then go for that instead of paying for the stuff...

Is that a joke?  I often find it difficult to tell with you.  If not, do a search for Moryrie's posts and then whack yourself on the head.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2011 November 07, 03:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only there was a downloadable, definitive, easy to use/install set of files of ALL the store content that everybody used and was fully fixed and updated.  More people would then go for that instead of paying for the stuff...

Is that a joke?  I often find it difficult to tell with you.  If not, do a search for Moryrie's posts and then whack yourself on the head.

I believe the ellipsis is misplaced to indicate sarcasm.

Flowing with the go.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2011 November 07, 16:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there I was, about to admonish jezzer because I thought you were joking. You're genuinely ticking off Moryrie for excluding a teeny handful of objects which you can easily pick up yourself? Personally, I am glad there's no branded stuff in her packages, and no stupid football shirts with 11 000 recolours.

Stop whinging, you entitled kid.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: 2011 November 07, 18:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do a great job of misspelling my name. I could make a 'Free crap no one in their right mind would ever want' add-on package. But you could do it too. It isn't that hard. I can list off everything I don't include very, very simply. It took days to compile a list of what was included when people nagged me enough. There is only 1 area where the stuff I didn't include was NOT free (before the counter/sectional removal, but hey, that's in the torrent). The Live-Nation crap. That crap wasn't uploaded for a really long time because NO ONE WANTED IT. But here, have a list of what I don't include:

Live Nation shirts and pictures.
Furry-crappy-crap Pets Pre-order. (Which I packaged and stuck in the thread all by itself.)
Christmas Stockings (I don't know where to begin to fix these. That's why I don't include them.)
Goal! Jerseys (I included the shorts. The shorts are useful. This is free anyway, so if you really want it its easily obtained. It has a zillion recolors. They are not all in one row. That bothered me.)
JC Penny 'Teens' (This was not stuff for teens. This was stuff in the store already. All the meshes in that set are in my self. I don't like duplicates.)
Toyota Eco-stuff (I include ALL the stuff from this that is NOT duplicated in the Renault set. I do not like having 2 of the same bleeding item in my item catalog. Do you?)
Dr. Pepper, 'Orange', T-mobile, Fanta, Ford, other? T-shirts (These are all free. They all use a base-game mesh. There is no point. I include the Toyota shirts because they use new meshes, and Tamo uploaded a fix for them to get rid of the ugly logo.)
Fountain of Youth/Gothique Spellbook (Fix included in torrent. Some say this conflicts with the pet's hunting skill. Not included by REQUEST.)
Counters/Sectionals (Also included in torrent. Not included in packages because they're borked and don't recolor correctly unless launcher installed.)
Worlds. Because they need to be launcher installed.

But seriously. If you want your type of definitive set badly enough, why don't you make it? That's exactly how the set I do came about. No one else was doing what I wanted the way I wanted it done. A week later someone requested something like what I was already doing. So I figured I may as well share. I don't expect to be the 'definitive' store-set maker. As you can see, I have very specific reasons for everything I have neglected to include. And I do not think the 'But that's my favorite thing EVAR!' is going to be part of that small list of exclusions. Unless it is the fur-suit-crap, but I do not wish to cater to furries.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2011 November 07, 19:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Make it yourself.
I am grateful to Moryie  for what she does I would not tell her what to do unless I could do it myself
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: 2011 November 07, 20:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took Moryrie's packages, added the counters for decraping, added the spellbook fix / origin fursuits and uploaded it on a torrent. The only serious thing it's missing is the worlds, but I believe it has all their objects in there anyway. Now if you want to gather up all the crap that Moryrie and others [myself included] didn't want added, I will add it to December's torrent.

Otherwise everything a person needs has been put up - fixed - in the last few days.

Which reminds me, thank you Moryrie for taking the time to fix all your files, I know you had to fix the beds on by hand. Most of us are grateful for your work.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #709 on: 2011 November 07, 21:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, all the objects from all the worlds are included, primarily so I could fix the clothing categories so they wouldn't appear on 90% of the town's population. Next month I guess we can include worlds without the objects in the torrent to make it even easier. But honestly, I think having one definitive set is a really bad idea. As long as there are a lot of us, EA will have trouble picking who to target for random file deletion. They've only picked on people who uploaded stuff fresh from the store so far, but that might change eventually. Some people also like having simpacks instead of packages and think that's easier to deal with, and others are just more selective about what they download.

And Skadi, thanks for making the torrent actually work. Also, quit thanking me. As much as I appreciate the sentiment once is enough. We don't need this thread to become a total glompfest, and the person who bought the stuff really deserves more credit.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: 2011 November 07, 21:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You won't need textures for the JC Penny Teens. Its just the same recolors you can do easily on your own using CAST. And here is the link to the Custard tool I mentioned. Check my post history for instructions. I don't want to type that all our again. The worlds are not in the torrent yet. As for the shirts the 'Orange' ones use a different base-game mesh, so you'll probably just want the shirts on their own, no fixes for that. As for the other shirts, you'll want to learn to use Delphy's CTU I guess, but learning to extract the mesh for the soccer jerseys might be problematic. The T-shirt part will be simple enough. You may as well include the stencils for the live-nation shirts on these as well since they use the same worthless mesh. And as far as I know the Christmas stockings are completely unfixable. Someone here tried a while ago and gave up. Basically you get to choose between Lagomorph in Neon, or the Stockings. I chose Lagomorph, because it seemed more versatile.

Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2011 November 07, 22:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZOMGWTFBBQ!

I had to check what this Furry-crappy-crap Pets Pre-order was, I thought it would be some weird looking coats with fur on them.

No sane person would make their sims wear THAT! *shudder* Though I did laugh out loud when I found the pic as it was totally different from what I thought...

tickleonthetum, I can understand you to a point but what you fail greatly at is realizing this is MATY. While I myself don't post much I do lurk and download a lot from here. This is not a place that will bow down to your requests - more like the other way around.

[...]it would be a lot better if there was one definitive, complete set, so everyone has the same and everyone knows exactly what to download and where from.  It would make everyone's life easier[...]

Many people come on here and download all different versions of the same stuff then end up getting ripped to shreds for asking why it doesn't work, isn't compatibly with something they downloaded elsewhere or they are confused how to use it.  If the files were standardised and combined (as Moryrie does up to a point) then it would make everyone's life, browsing and playing more fun!

The part which I quoted is one big, huge fail. What's the next thing you are going to suggest, that all content creators upload their things to one site only just so you don't have to visit several sites to get the content you're looking for? The very basics here on MATY is RTFM - Read The Fucking Manual. There are numerous walkthroughs and guides here and on sites such as Mod The Sims which explains these things on very basic levels. If something fucks up their game for downloading things here, its their own damn fault for not RTFM. I know that none of the creators have to upload and share a thing with me, I appreciate the work they do and that they choose to share. I don't ask them to serve everything on a golden platter for me cause I can't be arsed to look for the separate downloads.

[...] the person who bought the stuff really deserves more credit.
Aye, true that. They sacrificed their monies so we can have more shiny crap in our games. A sacrifice for the community. Some of us would never be able to afford it, and some are unable to even if they could due to the Store not being available in their country. I think some time ago, some one calculated the total cost of buying everything in the store. Each time you download the freebie Store items, you save a big amount of money.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2011 November 07, 22:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is a decrapified package as bad as a decrapified sims3pack?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2011 November 07, 23:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bear in mind that tickleonthetum is the same person who thought a brand new decrapification thread would stop people from asking the same damn "WRY MY STORE CC NO WERK?" questions over and over and over and over again.  Guess how successful that was.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: 2011 November 07, 23:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, my Lagomorph in Neon and Christmas stockings both work fine. I thought I'd gotten a fix from someone else but I guess I must have just done it myself and forgotten to share.

Try this? Decrapified version should work but I threw together the unmodified one just now so it's untested. Ugh, this is just not happening. It must have been more complicated than I thought. I'll poke at it later. For now try the decrapified version.

Edit: Idiocy averted! Both ought to work now.

The unmodified version isn't working for me. Same glitch as always, stocking texture on Lagomorph in Neon. Installation process is the same as all the other overrides of yours I've used.

Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2011 November 08, 00:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's bizarre. It works just fine for me after taking out all my decrapified stuff, putting unmodified versions of the Lagomorph and stockings in Mods\Packages, the fix in Mods\Overrides, and clearing caches. I even tried it several times back and forth between the broken one and the fixed one. I'm not sure what could be going on.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: 2011 November 08, 01:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it working. It was a conflict with my shiftable store objects. I'll have to remove entry in the next version.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2011 November 08, 07:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as far as I know the Christmas stockings are completely unfixable. Someone here tried a while ago and gave up. Basically you get to choose between Lagomorph in Neon, or the Stockings. I chose Lagomorph, because it seemed more versatile.

Huh, my Lagomorph in Neon and Christmas stockings both work fine. I thought I'd gotten a fix from someone else but I guess I must have just done it myself and forgotten to share.

Try this? Decrapified version should work but I threw together the unmodified one just now so it's untested. Ugh, this is just not happening. It must have been more complicated than I thought. I'll poke at it later. For now try the decrapified version.

Edit: Idiocy averted! Both ought to work now.

Is a decrapified package as bad as a decrapified sims3pack?

This was a genuine question and I want one of you tards to answer it NOW! Tongue

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #718 on: 2011 November 08, 07:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably? I never upload decrapified .packages personally, but I think Clara does it for the Mac users who can't decrapify on their own.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2011 November 08, 07:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I am in a catch 22 here, I guess I'm just going to have to give in and sound stupid.  Roll Eyes

Fact: Decrapified sims3packs = bad.

Fact - as I understood it: packages do not need to be decrapified by their very nature.
Therefore why would MAC users need them decrapified?

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: 2011 November 08, 07:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the mac user is using decrapified simpacks, then they need decrapified packages to make the fixes work for them. Decrapification makes an object read as 'different' from its original package, which is also why you end up with a lot of duplicates if you have both simpacks and packages of the same thing installed, unless your packages are decrapified, or your launcher installed things are not decrapified. Using crapified packages in a game with decrapified objects results in a lot of blank, unselectable entries in the catalog since the object being referenced is not present.

fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2011 November 15, 07:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any hack that changes the behavior of the World Editor in-game, and is one even possible? It'd be cool if there were a hack that allowed placement of lots on "un-routable terrain". I'm particularly interested in placing waterfront lots like the beach in Sunset Valley.
Cyber-Surfer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2011 November 15, 07:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok it's been out a while... So I guess it's safe to ask (well as safe as asking anything is around MATY Tongue ), 

I'm looking for a .pdf version of The Sims 3: Pets Prima Guide, with all the original functionality of the guide as recieved from prima, not a scanned version of the paper version.. 

Anyone seen this laying around anywhere?

Thanks in Advance.
AlbinoBambi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2011 November 15, 10:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moryrie, I can't download the latest version of your part 2. The megaupload link isn't functioning any more and the 4shared link is asking me to log in.
I tried the torrent, but that isn't finding any seeds, so that's not downloading either. Any chance you could upload part 2 somewhere else?

Nvm, the torrent started working. However, I now am a bit confused. At the moment I'm using your 9 combined packages that hold all store stuff. I thought these 4 files would be replacing a few of those, but they're obviously not. Do your 4 new packages hold all store stuff and can I delete the 9 I'm using now?
« Last Edit: 2011 November 15, 13:08:01 by AlbinoBambi » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2011 November 15, 14:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moryrie, I can't download the latest version of your part 2. The megaupload link isn't functioning any more and the 4shared link is asking me to log in.
I tried the torrent, but that isn't finding any seeds, so that's not downloading either. Any chance you could upload part 2 somewhere else?

Nvm, the torrent started working. However, I now am a bit confused. At the moment I'm using your 9 combined packages that hold all store stuff. I thought these 4 files would be replacing a few of those, but they're obviously not. Do your 4 new packages hold all store stuff and can I delete the 9 I'm using now?

Have you tried reading Moryrie's posts?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: