More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:41:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch released.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch released.  (Read 139716 times)
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch released.
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 26, 03:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck this patch. Awesomemod is all the patches we need.
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 26, 03:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only because I'm feeling nice - http://rapidshare.com/files/248725053/HelpPages.rar
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 26, 04:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES!  That did the trick Bass Junkie.  It installed with no problems after I replaced my HelpPages with the ones you provided.  It'll surely come in handy for people who have the RLD to RZR version of the game.

Many thanks!
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 26, 05:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck, I've taken out various mods and still can't get the bastard to move past 81%.  Considering that I've heard that it gives you more crashes, new bugs, a longer loading time, and possibly AIDS, I think I'll do like I did for Sims 2 and just rely on Pescado's fixes.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 26, 05:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck, I've taken out various mods and still can't get the bastard to move past 81%.  Considering that I've heard that it gives you more crashes, new bugs, a longer loading time, and possibly AIDS, I think I'll do like I did for Sims 2 and just rely on Pescado's fixes.

Have you tried the HelpPages that apparently worked for Malapietra?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 26, 05:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine's crashing on the fucking Launcher for some reason.  I haven't tried the HelpPages because 1. that's not where the installer is failing, and 2. I have the non-arred (bought in a store) version.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 26, 06:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch just plain sucks XD. I'm getting extreme lag. And apparently I'm not the only one. My loading screen went from 10 seconds to a minutes but is now down to about 20 blahhh.
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 26, 07:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the patch that was supposed to work with my region (Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe) from the link provided by Pes but when I tried to run it it comes up with this error:

The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect.

I did check the version the launcher is showing and it is in fact 1.0.631.00002, I also tried the one for 000001 and get the same error.
Anyone having the same issue? or any advice as to how to fix this?

Instant Karma Is Gonna Get Ya!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 26, 07:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Find out what version you DO have, and substitute the number accordingly. Your IP lists you as being from .ar, so I have no idea what region they have.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 26, 07:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, I need help. My disc is randomly ejecting itself now.  Cry. I do not get what is up with this patch, because it sucks. Is there a way to do away with it?
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 26, 08:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Find out what version you DO have, and substitute the number accordingly. Your IP lists you as being from .ar, so I have no idea what region they have.

.ar would stand for Argentina... which would be relevant if I would have bought a copy of the game in my country...

As said in my post the version listed on the sims launcher is 1.0.631.00002
But since I downloaded the Reloaded version and later patched it to change it to the Razor version in order to make the downloads work I am not sure if that would be accurate or not, is there any other way to check the version besides the horror that is the launcher?

I did have to copy the original cracked version of the sims 3 .exe after doing that since the game was crashing on the loading screen, that would be the file that came with the Reloaded version. I wonder if maybe that made a hybrid version...

Instant Karma Is Gonna Get Ya!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 26, 08:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, I need help. My disc is randomly ejecting itself now.  Cry. I do not get what is up with this patch, because it sucks. Is there a way to do away with it?

Premature ejectulation?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 26, 08:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...why are you messing with the disk still? Take it out, put it in a safe place, and use AWESOMEMOD.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 June 26, 11:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone here *not* using awesomemod and can confirm EA did fix the story progression disablement properly?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 June 26, 11:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, we know, you're just chomping at the bit to be able to rip it out.

Razamataz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 June 26, 12:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just like so many others, I had the error and patch failed, But with some searching I found the problem. If you remove the file "Shaders_Win32.precomp" from your The Sims 3/Game/Bin and replace it with the one from your CD it works. I dont know if something in game, or elsewhere changed this file but the Patch dosen't think its the correct file and errors out.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 June 26, 13:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the very first "no mosaic" hack that causes the problem. If you have the old hack that changes the shader properties, then the patch won't install. If you have the newer "no mosaic" hack, that changes the Resource.cfg file under Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and installs a package file under Mods/Packages, then the patch will install.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 June 26, 14:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't install either patch posted by Pescado. Incorrect game region.
I replaced Shaders_Win32.precomp with the one from the disc too. And I inserted the new help pages.
Doing it from the launcher moans about not having EA download manager. We still don't want this right?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 26, 16:41:06 by tizerist » Logged
savioaraujo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 June 26, 14:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the wrong region issue, but edited on the registry a number, and it 'worked' fine... Unfortunately I got another error, 'File not found'. So I discovered the reason: the patch doesn't recognize the game, 'cause it's installed on F:\ hd, and not on C:\...  Undecided I copied and pasted the Bin folder from F to C, and it stopped at 7%, requiring another file out of Bin..

My game isn't original. I downloaded it from Pescado link. I also tried to open the patch with the Resource Hacker, but I didn't find anything...  Huh

Does someone know how to fix this?  Tongue
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 June 26, 15:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having the wrong region issue. I reinstalled the game. I'm using razor patched reloaded version. In the skutext it has the .0002 so I got the matching patch and it still didn't work. I downloaded the HelpPages and still no go. The only other thing I can think of is when Pescasdo says change the number, but I don't know what the number is, where it's located and how to change it. If anyone knows please tell me.

savioaraujo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 June 26, 15:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having the wrong region issue. I reinstalled the game. I'm using razor patched reloaded version. In the skutext it has the .0002 so I got the matching patch and it still didn't work. I downloaded the HelpPages and still no go. The only other thing I can think of is when Pescasdo says change the number, but I don't know what the number is, where it's located and how to change it. If anyone knows please tell me.

Windows Key + R, or Start/Run, regedit or regedt32, HKEY_Local_Machine, Software, Sims, open SKU and change 7 to 2. Hope this is what you're looking for.. x) Ah, this only works with the Worldwide (0002) version!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 June 26, 15:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could just replace the "00002" in the URL with 7, and get that one.

savioaraujo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 June 26, 16:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only change the 00002 to 7.. You must change it to 00107. So, HERE the link.  Roll Eyes
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 June 26, 17:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows Key + R, or Start/Run, regedit or regedt32, HKEY_Local_Machine, Software, Sims, open SKU and change 7 to 2. Hope this is what you're looking for.. x) Ah, this only works with the Worldwide (0002) version!

This worked perfectly and I was able to use my original crack and start the game. I'm putting the resource.cfg and files back in as well as the files. I figured that I'd do it this way so that if something is broke I'll know how and when I broke. Thanks so much for helping.

dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 June 26, 17:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to install the patch with no problems.  I haven't had a chance to see if the SP toggle works, but the 3 speed is indeed faster than it was.  Still not quite as fast as the Sims2 3 speed, but it seemed pretty close. 

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: