More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:05:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Donwload not included, so not for Pudding Factory: New Hair CC by Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Donwload not included, so not for Pudding Factory: New Hair CC by Peggy  (Read 25051 times)
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Donwload not included, so not for Pudding Factory: New Hair CC by Peggy
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 26, 20:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So whats the final verdict. I've heard it's bad news, but they might not be doing it right? Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not Peggy is an idiot(again)?

I want it...But I don't want a crash. I'm trying to keep my title as "never crashed" for as long as possible XD.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 26, 20:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So whats the final verdict. I've heard it's bad news, but they might not be doing it right? Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not Peggy is an idiot(again)?

I want it...But I don't want a crash. I'm trying to keep my title as "never crashed" for as long as possible XD.

There's not much to do wrong - you stick the mod in the folder and load the game.  It is very definitely borked.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 26, 20:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure whether or not it's Peggy's fault (since the game seems prone to crashes anyway), but the answer so far seems to be overwhelmingly yes, it will crash your game.

I read over at GOS that Aikea Guinea actually tried this out before Peggy and was successful, but chose not to release the hair because like this one, it replaced an EAxis hairstyle. I'm wondering if she (he?) had the same crashing problems. If she didn't, it's possible Peggy just messed something up.

I sing along with elevator music.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 26, 20:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I don't get this. I took a look at her package file. It has like 8 files in it...Why? It's a mesh, so shouldn't it only be one file?
Mehhh, I don't like how she put it together  Undecided
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 27, 00:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The final verdict is that it's a TEST file.

We have tried to make this set of female hair. Now we provide it with you for downloading and testing. Because of the test-period, some players can use it normally in Sims3, but some players will meet some problems when playing it in Sims3. We hope that every player can help to test the hair and find out the reason of the problems. Then we can resolve the problems together. We will try our best to make everyone enjoy the game. 

This is the link address of the hair.

http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3ObjectFemaleHair.html
  [Emphasis supplied]

In other words, she's looking for beta testers.  Too bad EAxis didn't do the same.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 27, 00:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if she (he?) had the same crashing problems. If she didn't, it's possible Peggy just messed something up.

From what I understand Aikea Guinea simply edited a existing hair mesh.

Peggy added a new mesh, the problem we current face is there is no way to actually create new ID numbers for new meshes, everything ends up taking up a existing ID number and also it seems Peggy also used Delphy CAS Unitool that so far is limited in use.

Of course at this stage she was just trying to figure out how to make things work and used several tricks to get it to work.

Its possible that the reason it crashes is the fact the game uses several meshes for the different LOD and if Peggy Mesh lack those meshes then I guess that is why it crashes.

If anyone do not understand what LOD means ... its simple, it stands for "level of detail" and TS2 actually used for different level of detail options but mesh creators just used the "High" LOD since it was what most users did.

TS3 on the other had have the "seamless neighborhood" and so LOD is also used depending on how close the mesh is to the camera, zoomed out means they will use the lowest detailed (and intensive) LOD option and zoomed in means they will used the highest LOD option.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 27, 03:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, a Sim(Hair)Guru already stated that over at the crap board (kind of expected this sort of issue anyway because I was reminded of the Sims 2 issue with the first "long dress-like shirts" that were made which were crashing the game when you used the phone).  There was also this:

"First off, this appears to be a Sims 2 asset that was converted to Sims 3. Due to performance reasons we're restricted to a certain amount of Vertices per hair, this hair mod exceeds that number. So for lower end computers, it can lead to slow down and cause instability like crashes and game freezing."

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 27, 05:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The final verdict is that it's a TEST file.

<snip>

In other words, she's looking for beta testers.  Too bad EAxis didn't do the same.

Too bad she didn't say something to that effect on the download page, or in the readme. Beta testers are much more helpful when they know they're beta testing.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 27, 05:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's Peggy. They're very ESL there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 27, 06:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy would be the first to release hair purely because of the way she creates hair - she takes a pre-existing poser mesh and just adapts it to the Sims, as opposed to creating the mesh from scratch off a EAxis base like most all others do.

TL;DR / non-mesher version: Peggy dun cheated.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 27, 06:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, maybe just she decided to make it a beta version after all the complaints about crashing. Something alone the lines of, "Oh, you mean this screws up everyone's game? Well, it's just a test version, guys!"

Anyway, isn't this something she would have noticed if she tried it in her own game? Or is it just lower-end computers that are having problems?

I sing along with elevator music.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 27, 07:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, maybe just she decided to make it a beta version after all the complaints about crashing. Something alone the lines of, "Oh, you mean this screws up everyone's game? Well, it's just a test version, guys!"

Anyway, isn't this something she would have noticed if she tried it in her own game? Or is it just lower-end computers that are having problems?

Last I heard, Peggy doesn't play the game herself (but that might just be applicable to The Sims 2).

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 27, 09:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I heard, Peggy doesn't play the game herself (but that might just be applicable to The Sims 2).

Wow, really? What a douche, who makes something for a game they don't play? XD
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 June 27, 09:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Money-grabbing tosspots.

Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 June 27, 10:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm grateful for all the feedback on the hair download, better warned. New sims, new code--so brave players and designers/modders are always risking annoying crashes to further the cause. I suppose i'm gonna wait for some of the kinks to be ironed out for hair files --great news is that there are people doing the work.
I'm impressed with all the meshes coming out!
I had been a silent lurker on this forum since I got the game and the information provided has proved invaluable.

As for charging for hair and clothes files, I guess that's Peggy's prerogative but I did notice on her site that the sims3 downloads were all free.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2009 June 27, 11:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For now. I guess Peggy can't risk alienating her future paycheck by charging for beta items.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 June 27, 11:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She can't, also, charge for anything, as long as she uses wes_h's tool to mesh. His TOU explicitly forbids pay or restricted products.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 June 27, 11:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ARGH Manhis you SUCK I just got rick roll'd by your avatar. Damnit woman!

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 June 27, 13:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy supposely fixed the file, updated yesterday. I will not be able to test it til later today, but you can see her response here.

EDIT: After downloading to desktop, I saw the file is much smaller by 2MB.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 13:54:24 by brownlustgirl » Logged

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 June 27, 13:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, maybe I'll try it out...Once someone responds as to whether it got fixed fully. Maybe I shall download it though, since I'm not one for patience and waiting.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 June 27, 14:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, a Sim(Hair)Guru already stated that over at the crap board (kind of expected this sort of issue anyway because I was reminded of the Sims 2 issue with the first "long dress-like shirts" that were made which were crashing the game when you used the phone).  There was also this:

"First off, this appears to be a Sims 2 asset that was converted to Sims 3. Due to performance reasons we're restricted to a certain amount of Vertices per hair, this hair mod exceeds that number. So for lower end computers, it can lead to slow down and cause instability like crashes and game freezing."

That excuse is a bunch of bullshit.  My computer is brand new with good hardware in it.  My graphics are all maxed and I have no lag and 0 crash issues.  I only crashed when I was at a distance with that hair installed.  To me that means something is messed up in the hair at a distance.  They failed...

I don't mind beta testing CC so that we can finally get things to work, but they should not blame the user.  I know how to install mods and my computer is very good.

Edited: I downloaded the new version and I no longer crash at a distance.  I just can't get over the 500 mile high forehead.  Yuck.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 14:39:49 by slymenstra » Logged
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 June 27, 16:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy added a new mesh, the problem we current face is there is no way to actually create new ID numbers for new meshes, everything ends up taking up a existing ID number and also it seems Peggy also used Delphy CAS Unitool that so far is limited in use.

If anyone do not understand what LOD means ... its simple, it stands for "level of detail" and TS2 actually used for different level of detail options but mesh creators just used the "High" LOD since it was what most users did.

TS3 on the other had have the "seamless neighborhood" and so LOD is also used depending on how close the mesh is to the camera, zoomed out means they will use the lowest detailed (and intensive) LOD option and zoomed in means they will used the highest LOD option.

Delphy's CTU contains no propert support for hair right now - what it outputs if you try to use hair just screws stuff up.  She couldn't have used it to do anything for hers.  Delphy's been working on updating it for hair meshes as I've got replacements working just fine.

Lower LOD meshes aren't just used for zoom in TS3 but also for the portrait image: right now I have a hair that replaces the highest LOD but the portrait images are unchanged.

(Not specifically to you) ...Someone asked upthread why she would replace so many resources.  Not only are there LOD things to replace but if you use a different mapping/textures, you have to replace those too.  Basically like having a mesh + textures for a TS2 hair but ya gotta do all of 'em.  The one I'm working on needs a -lot- of stuff replaced so the file's actually kinda big.  Files tend to be big for TS3.  I think it'll balance out in the end though since you won't need umptyjillion recolours of the same mesh.

If you were having problems with Peggy's and you're willing to be a guinea pig...  Can you please PM me here or on MTS?  I have a hair that's nearing completion (enough to be tested) and would like to get at least a couple other people confirming it doesn't crash their game before I put it up for the masses.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 17:23:53 by HystericalParoxysm » Logged
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 June 27, 22:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sent you a PM @ MTS.  Cheesy

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
minx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 June 27, 22:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing on my boyfriends supa-computer while I'm here for the summer, and its definately not lower-end by any means. Hes tests new hardware/builds computers for a living.. his current box is top of the line.. ddr3, solid state, the whole shebang.. it'd be hard to find better.

That said.. lower end computers are definately not the cause of the crashes - I crashed to desktop everytime I zoomed in/out or went into buy mode with it installed on this machine, which is better than what probably 99% of people are using.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 June 28, 03:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Peggy just failed. Since I'm having no crashing with HP...so the peggster did something wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: