More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:26:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker  (Read 583527 times)
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
« Reply #250 on: 2011 June 02, 16:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redownload 3Booter and FPS Limiter.  Watch the command prompt to be sure FPS Limiter is running the right program.  It works.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2011 June 02, 18:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redownload 3Booter and FPS Limiter.  Watch the command prompt to be sure FPS Limiter is running the right program.  It works.

Yea, I suck, it works.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2011 June 02, 20:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I found is that using the old 3Booter and the FPS limiter in the generations folder to launch through the TS3EP04.exe won't trigger the FPS limiter, although the game will launch and run fine.  When launching with the new version of 3Booter from the base game folder where is launches through the TS3W.exe then the FPS limiter kicks in and works just fine.

When people say the FPS limiter isn't working, might need to check from where they are trying to launch the game.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2011 June 20, 13:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly should the files be put when we're talking of Medieval?
I've tried both old and new ts3 locations, yet the card is still overheating.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2011 June 20, 13:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read Page One, and if that doesn't help - Grow A Brain.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2011 June 20, 18:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably needed to put more info.
I am well aware of how this particular set of files works, being that I've went through activating them several times on different machines.
I am also aware how the mistake being made is my own, and went through this whole thread a couple of times already.
Anyway, when it comes to The Sims Medieval, no matter where the files are located, the graphics card is overheating (rendering at about 120 frames at average).
Could it be something other in question? Other than the wrong installation location?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2011 June 20, 22:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, when it comes to The Sims Medieval, no matter where the files are located, the graphics card is overheating (rendering at about 120 frames at average).
Could it be something other in question? Other than the wrong installation location?

As medieval is a stand alone game, it is possible that the fps limiter here will not work with it.  Have you seen anywhere that says the fps limiter will work with medieval, or other people posting to say it is working with medieval?  if so, then you are doing something wrong and should start again.

necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2011 June 20, 22:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your reply, wizard_merlin.
After some searching, Google results have directed me to this thread.
Now Medieval-enabled.
The replies consist of complaints, however, none of them is exclusively talking of the limiter's primary task. In fact, it has been said that, when it comes to cutting down the fps, it's doing the job.
I shall redo everything, as suggested, just after i finish a couple of quests.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2011 June 20, 22:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works - you just need to remember to either run it or use both files.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2011 June 22, 00:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good chance I'm pointlessly kicking the topic again, but, I have noticed that f10-ing ingame does not turn the greenery on.
Command "fps on" brings out the regular white numbers, which can be lowered down by pressing f11. This, however does not affect the card's ridiculous temperature.
After giving up on the stripped version, I've reverted to the old-school FPS Limiter. Not so surprisingly, nothing happened.
To add, the overheating is solely caused by this particular game (it even cools down when the window is minimized).
If it's not the rendering speed, I don't know what is. To be honest, there's not much else to cause such malfunction.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2011 June 22, 03:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If F10 doesn't turn the green FPS numbers on or off while the game is loading or a save is loading, then you are doing something wrong.  It does work just fine with Medieval, so long as you have both files from this thread in the right folder.  It shouldn't be that hard to figure out where they need to be to run The Sims Medieval.  If it is, perhaps a charred video card is for the best.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2011 June 22, 10:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes? No? Yes?

I have said that the regular FPS Limiter didn't help either, haven't I?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2011 June 22, 14:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a guess here but maybe your fail at framework installation is preventing the FPS from working. Or it could have nothing to do with it.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2011 June 22, 15:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a framework issue.  I know it will work on Windows 7.  No clue why running 3Booter from that location wouldn't work.  You are running 3Booter?
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2011 June 22, 16:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed it's not a framework issue.
Doubleclicking 3Booter to run the game, yes.
I'm currently running some other games to check the previous assumption that the game itself is the issue. Unfortunately I'm forced to admit I'm running on Vista.
Haven't tested it on w7, because I'm still on a boycott against it (and there's no way i could infest my precious kubuntu with games), so it just may be an issue, even though i don't see why/how.
Thank you for replying.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2011 June 22, 17:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, what I'm trying to say is your framework IS IN THE WRONG PLACE, maybe this is affecting fps for some reason. Try putting your mod framework where it belongs and see what happens.

Does the command window that pops up say its running from tsm.exe?

DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2011 June 22, 17:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but the use of the TS3W.exe (w3booter) is necessary after the recent patches even for those without the Generations EP.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2011 June 22, 20:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but the use of the TS3W.exe (w3booter) is necessary after the recent patches even for those without the Generations EP.

Keep up with the times, the current discussion is about the FPS limiter running in Medieval, NOT TS3, so unless medieval also has a TS3W.exe, STFU.

I'm running on Vista.
Haven't tested it on w7, because I'm still on a boycott against it

Why would you boycott Windoze 7 for Vista?  7 is so much better than Vista, but it does have it's issues, which are not that problematic.  At least I haven't found them that problematic, but others have.  As kissing toast has mentioned, what information is being thrown up when 3Booter fires up?  What frame rates are you getting?

necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2011 June 22, 22:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit, because I'm an idiot: fps shown in game is about 30-something, after forced down by f11.
Card temperature stays the same.

Why would you boycott Windoze 7 for Vista?  7 is so much better than Vista, but it does have it's issues, which are not that problematic.  At least I haven't found them that problematic, but others have.
Because Microsoft is the source of all evil? Besides, i still remember the moment Vista had bedazzled me with it's fabulous gui. I am aware I'll have to convert to w7 in the end/near future, but allow me to live of the memory for just a little longer.
As for the issues, I'm sure there's nothing strong will can't handle.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2011 June 22, 23:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because Microsoft is the source of all evil? Besides, i still remember the moment Vista had bedazzled me with it's fabulous gui. I am aware I'll have to convert to w7 in the end/near future, but allow me to live of the memory for just a little longer.
As for the issues, I'm sure there's nothing strong will can't handle.
Who said you had to give money to Microsoft?  Windoze 7 is far better than Vista, and you are doing yourself a great disservice by holding on to that piece of crap.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2011 June 23, 14:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who said you had to give money to Microsoft?  Windoze 7 is far better than Vista, and you are doing yourself a great disservice by holding on to that piece of crap.
Who said I'm giving money to Microsoft? Yes, I'm aware of your point, but, there's a masochist in all of us and some are just unable to resist it's influence.

Back on topic, I haven't yet found a solution to the card overheating and will continue using the household fan for the time being.
If, however, I manage to resolve this problem, I will come back and edit this post.

Kicked up the fan speed to 85% and the problem was killed.
Now it even cools my feet at these warm summer nights, ahhh.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 25, 00:48:59 by necromunchy » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2011 June 26, 08:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Framework cannot affect 3booter at all, the two issues are unrelated. However, 30 FPS is normal and therefore everything is working correctly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2011 June 27, 20:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who said you had to give money to Microsoft?  Windoze 7 is far better than Vista, and you are doing yourself a great disservice by holding on to that piece of crap.
Who said I'm giving money to Microsoft? Yes, I'm aware of your point, but, there's a masochist in all of us and some are just unable to resist it's influence.

Back on topic, I haven't yet found a solution to the card overheating and will continue using the household fan for the time being.
If, however, I manage to resolve this problem, I will come back and edit this post.

Kicked up the fan speed to 85% and the problem was killed.
Now it even cools my feet at these warm summer nights, ahhh.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository - Seriously, free Windoze. Get rid of Vista.
Ange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2011 August 15, 08:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there,

I hadn't played Medieval for a while and want to go back to it.  After I just double-clic on the Booter-Link to launch the game I got an error message saying (french translation) :
Impossible to active a requested security "thing".
This program can't be executed (13001)
With an option to analyse the problem.

So I try to figure what was wrong and after the analyse this EA-thing just ask me to send the report to SECUROM !!! WTF  Shocked

If I try to launch the game WITHOUT the Booter but via the .exe, it's working.
Why ?  I don't want to burn my GC  Cry

Thanks guys ^^
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2011 September 06, 15:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem as Ange with TSM. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I was experimenting on how much FPS CAW and CAP are using and found that CAW uses around 600+ FPS and CAP is around 450+ FPS.

I tried using the FPS Limiter on CAW and it maintained at 30-31 FPS but when I tried using the Edit in game function TS3 ran at 1100+ FPS.

Just wondering if anybody has a solution for these? Or does anyone know any memory resident FPS limiter that would automatically activate? Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: