More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:53:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker  (Read 583318 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
« Reply #200 on: 2010 June 04, 15:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this require the framework? Because I still want to use 3Booter & FPS Limiter, but I just installed Ambitions and I did the new install method in My Docs/Mods and I removed the old framework.
Kraken
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 June 04, 16:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShortyBoo I don't have the frame work in I took all my mods and packages out to try Ambitions.  When my card started screaming and going at over 150 fps I decided to try the limiter.  It worked first time just put the file in your ambitions directory this includes the 3booter execute, fps limiter execute, HookHelper dll and Limiter D3D9 dll those are the files I used.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 June 04, 19:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. As soon as AM is working correctly, I'll try it out.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 June 04, 20:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point, you missed it. You can run FPS limiter, using the files Kraken listed, without having Awesomemod installed.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 June 05, 11:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point, you missed it. You can run FPS limiter, using the files Kraken listed, without having Awesomemod installed.

I know that. I just refuse to play my game without AM.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 June 05, 18:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case, I know what you mean.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Morgaine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 June 07, 19:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran Ambitions without mods. Because my former graphics card blew up I turned fps on to check. I seldom saw more than 60 fps, which was different before Ambitions. Could it be that EA worked a limiter in with the newest patch?
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 June 08, 01:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be they did something. I pulled the limiter to test it out and ran about 2 hours and rarely went over 60. Stayed pretty consistently between 50-60fps.

eta: CAS bumps me up to a steady 100+ fps without the limiter.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 08, 03:12:14 by myskaal » Logged
Kraken
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 June 08, 20:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a Vanilla game but running with the Vitality exe I saw more than 150 fps and that was just on the loading screen.  I left to grab a coffee and when I came back the air blasting out of the case, and it has five fans, was very hot and the game was running in map view.  I checked via the cheat menu and it was still whopping up over a 150 fps.  I would be interested to know if this was a fluke but I was not taking a chance with my card screaming at me. 

anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 June 08, 21:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What should the resource.cfg look like that we leave in the root folder with this mod? The same as the new Documents/Sims3/Mods one?
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 June 17, 01:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShortyBoo I don't have the frame work in I took all my mods and packages out to try Ambitions.  When my card started screaming and going at over 150 fps I decided to try the limiter.  It worked first time just put the file in your ambitions directory this includes the 3booter execute, fps limiter execute, HookHelper dll and Limiter D3D9 dll those are the files I used.

I'm banging my head against a wall with this. I've installed the four files you indicate above into Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sim 3 Ambitions and then I tried creating a Mods folder there and putting it in that. No luck. What am I missing?

Edit: Re-downloading 3booter did the trick. Not sure why, but I'm pleased anyway.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 17, 10:01:58 by phnxflyng » Logged

INTP.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 June 17, 04:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the 4 files in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions and are using 3booter.exe to start your game, it should be working.
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 June 22, 19:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I unzipped the 3booter tool in my directory right where the resource is as you said would prevent the crash, but it didn't
the game still crashes when loading. Do you know why?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 June 22, 21:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I unzipped the 3booter tool in my directory right where the resource is as you said would prevent the crash, but it didn't
the game still crashes when loading. Do you know why?

He never said it would prevent crashes.

Is your game refusing to cooperate and crashes immediately after looking like this a lot?

[image snipped]

We don't know what causes it, and this won't solve that, but at least you won't have to relaunch the game. Just plop it in your root install directory next to resource.cfg and Mods directory, and point your shortcut at 3booter.exe instead. If the game crashes within 30 seconds of an attempted start, 3booter will kick it in the taco.

3booter-win.zip

All it does is automatically restart the game if it does crash at the load screen so you don't have to.

Also, there are a lot of causes of crashes and yours may or may not be the well known load screen crashes that everyone just has to live with and keep re-trying until the game loads.

If, for example, this is your first time using mods and in particular awesomemod then there is a specific process for setting things up that varies depending on which version (expansion pack and patches) of the game you are running. You also need to make sure to run the version of awesomemod that's appropriate to your game version.

Search around here or Mod the Sims for more information regarding setting up your game to use mods correctly.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 June 23, 13:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see now. Thank you.

But how would I solve this?  Sad

« Last Edit: 2010 June 23, 13:33:14 by Pureness » Logged
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 July 11, 12:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It turns out I did need the fps limiter after all. I've got it running fine (via 3booter) with Ambitions but how do I run it windowed? I tried the obvious of creating a shortcut to 3booter and passing in the -w command as normal but it still ran fullscreen.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 July 11, 12:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It turns out I did need the fps limiter after all. I've got it running fine (via 3booter) with Ambitions but how do I run it windowed? I tried the obvious of creating a shortcut to 3booter and passing in the -w command as normal but it still ran fullscreen.

My guess would be to add the -w to TS3EP02.exe I run Sims 3 windowed (set from in-game) and 3-booter loads it windowed when I have it set up windowed from in-game.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 July 11, 12:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guessed correct, cheers. I just carried on using the -w command line arg from Sims2.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 July 11, 13:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windowedness is set as an option in-game, you do not need to futz with switches for it. Just uncheck "Full Screen".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 July 11, 14:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have said that I switched to the in game option that I didn't realise was there. I always run windowed and was using the -w on the direct shortcut to the exe (as per Grimma's guess) and assumed incorrectly that any command line args would be passed through to the game when I ran via 3booter.

geminia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 July 12, 20:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do we have any updates on fps limiter working with CAW as well?I 'm afraid of even openning it, cause i can hear my GC blowing up just by the thought of it...

NO TINYURLING THE DRAGONS! < ---- Pitty, but good to know anyway
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2010 July 13, 14:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After triple checking it appears that the FPS Limiter is no longer working in my game. I always start my game with 3Booter(installed as directed in the Sims3 root) and a couple patches ago I noticed that I wasn't getting the big green 30 in the top left corner of my screen anymore. I checked recently in game with "fps on" and it reports frame rates of 80+. I re-downloaded/installed and checked again in game and I'm still getting high frame rates ...

Help?

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 July 13, 19:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I re-downloaded/installed and checked again in game and I'm still getting high frame rates ...

Help?

Have you re-downloaded 3Booter? That worked for me.
Also, FYI, hitting F10 toggles the green numbers and you can do it on the loading screen to check if it's working.

INTP.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: 2010 July 13, 20:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re-downloaded and installed 3Booter - Frame Limiter still not functioning ... Thanks for the F10 tip.

Edited to add: I've rechecked, re-downloaded and re-installed 3Booter and Frame Limiter and Frame Limiter is still not working. It's currently very hot where I live and I fear for my video card. Any more help would be wonderful.

Finally found the solution. After trying and trying to keep everything in the Sims 3 directory I was forced to move it into the Ambitions directory instead. I should have thought of this solution sooner. Now both Frame Limiter and Awesome work. Hopefully if anyone else runs into this they can try what I did and maybe it will work for them.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 15, 01:29:40 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
qelgetlh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 July 28, 06:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks cassblonde. You answered a needed question. I am just about to try 3booter and FL for the first time. Thought it was pretty obvious that it would have to go in the root of the lastest XPack or StufPak, but confirmation is always helpfull.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: