More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:00:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker  (Read 583405 times)
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Re: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
« Reply #175 on: 2010 January 23, 20:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have WA but unzipped the FPSLimiter into the base game root install directory.  Is that the correct way?

EDIT:  Never mind.  I just needed to READ MOAR.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2010 January 23, 23:47:47 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Checks
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 February 02, 22:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering if I can use the 3 booter and fps limiter that is meant for world adventures for the high end loft stuff.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2010 February 03, 12:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3booter updated, should now work for all future expansions and SPs up to 99.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Checks
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2010 February 03, 17:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool thanks , thats awsome so all we do is install it agian and put it in the new games folder? and this might be a dumb question but what does up to 99 mean?
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 February 03, 17:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It means it shall work up to as many EPs up to whatever is defined as EP99.

Hopefully we won't ever need to get that far. But it's nice to know that we have one less thing to worry about.
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 February 06, 10:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I discovered the 3 booter and limiter did not work when I moved them to the new stuff pack - but I see you have updated the 3 booter - so where do I put them this time? I assume it should be the sp seeing we have to use that disk to start the game, or is that wrong?
 I had to move them into WA to work with that  xp and that worked fine - but the stuff pack doesn't.  I just got the stuff pack tonight, but it did not take long for my card to start running a bit warmer than I liked it and my framerate went sky high several times.
Panastasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 February 07, 18:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Writin_Reg - I downloaded the latest version of 3booter.exe from the first post here (looks like it was last modified on February 3) and put it in the HELS folder.  I then deleted the old version from my WA folder and then moved the FPS_limiter, HookHelper, Limiter_D3D9 and Resource.cfg files from my WA folder to my HELS folder.  Then I deleted the old desktop shortcut to 3booter and made a new one from the new file.  Then I ran the game and my fps stays around 30, like it should.

Edit: Don't forget to move your Mods folder (if you have one) from the WA folder to the HELS folder so the Resource.cfg file can find it.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 07, 18:53:47 by Panastasia » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010 February 07, 19:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to move your mods folder. Mine is in the same place it has been since the original base game. The officially recommended solution is that it stays there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Panastasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 February 07, 19:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I moved the Mods folder was because a lot of the store/custom content wasn't showing up in game until I moved it.  I am a techtard, however, so listen to Pescado, as correlation does not always equal causation.

Edit: I moved the Mods folder and Resource.cfg file back to The Sims 3 folder, and everything works fine.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 07, 19:39:33 by Panastasia » Logged
geminia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 February 09, 18:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to make a sort of request/suggestion on the plausibility of FPSlimter usage with CAW. More specifically, with edit town in-game mode to cap the frame rate. Is it possible at all to mod CAW to cap the FPS when it loads TS3 with a sort of CAW booter? Editing the map in-game for even a short time (30 minutes) causes my computer's temperatures to rise and graphical lag because the FPS is back to 93+.

I agree with that 1000% ...I just loaded my CAW tool, and as soon as I went to "edit in game" mode, my ATI could be heard from miles away...I quickly exited and my screen had lovely greenish flickering colors all over it...Is there any way we can make CAW not to bypass fps limiter?
Someone would have expected the latest patch would fix something so importand, but hey it's EA after all Angry

Anyway can I please alaborate on the above question about the updated booter and limiter? We just move the files to the newest EP/SP folder each time, or we just extract in the base game folder and just leave it there? Just to make sure my GC doesn't blow up...Yes i'm blonde- bare with me

NO TINYURLING THE DRAGONS! < ---- Pitty, but good to know anyway
CorrOx
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 February 11, 11:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where the hell is the root install thing?
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 February 12, 07:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems with this setup myself. Downloaded the booter and fplimiter tonight and tried them in both the WA root, and the HELS root. Either way gives me a securom error. Anyway around this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 February 12, 07:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuRom errors are unrelated to 3booter. 3booter is not a noCD. You will need to use an integral noCD, such as the one in AwesomeMod, or the Twallanian version.

mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 February 12, 08:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...well I haven't been running a noCD since I have the digital downloaded version. I have awesomeMod installed as well. Will check further.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 February 12, 08:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, we don't deal in Spyware Edition. Get the real thing.

Dysthe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 February 18, 22:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It runs the game without any custom content. Sure, it's fast but what's the point of playing it? Do I need to do something different?

Custom content was installed in the WA folder and after reading the prior posts, I moved it back to the base game folder... resource.cfg is still iin the root folder and the .dll file in the bin. I have an updated game, all patches installed. But 3-booter doesn't register the mods at all. How do I play mods and 3-booter?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 February 19, 03:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put everything back in the place where it always was, including your resource.cfg, and LEAVE IT THERE.

mimmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 February 19, 18:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry J.M if this is a stupid question, but how do I know if the fpslimiter has kicked in?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 February 19, 18:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry J.M if this is a stupid question, but how do I know if the fpslimiter has kicked in?
The absence of the burning smell, usually.

SMFlynn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Looking for help with FPSlimiter
« Reply #194 on: 2010 April 25, 23:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to get FPSLimiter to work in my game and not having any luck.  I have both 3booter and fpslimiter in the correct location, as well as my mods, framework, and config file.  3booter loads up the sims just fine but does not appear to run fpslimiter.  I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, so I suspected it was an issue with security and/or compatibility, so I made sure all files in question (3booter, fpslimiter, and ts3) were set to run as administrator.  However, there was no change.  I went to the command prompt and ran fpslimiter from there turning on the switch to show fps and to set fps to 60.  The game loaded, but again does not actually seem to be doing anything to fps, and I get no response from pressing F10/F11/F12 (F10 hides/shows the UI in the game as usual).  There must be something I'm missing, but I'm not sure how to proceed from here.  I would really appreciate help as my frame rates are quite high, and I'm getting more and more CTDs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 April 26, 00:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Win64 uses completely different DLLs, so FPSlimiter may not be affecting those. As FPSlimiter is a third-party product, there is nothing we can do about it here.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 April 26, 14:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running Win7 64-bit with the FPS limiter, and it appears to working fine, and holds the frame rate where it should.  I kept an eye on it when I first started using it, and as it was working haven't bothered checking recently.  Next time I run, which will be shortly, I'll bring up the frame rate and keep an eye on it.

Edit: Just ran game for a couple of hours, FPS didn't go above 30.  Graphics card is an Nvidia GTX295 dual board.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 26, 16:55:57 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 April 26, 20:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, well, in that case, PEBKAC.

Raidian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2010 June 02, 22:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I couldn't get the FPS limiter to work at all after I downloaded TS3 Ambitions (I have the full game not a rip just its the digital download from ea store). I have moved it to every root folder I just got pissed off and got Riva Tuner 1 to show my fps in game all the time and 2 for the D3DOverrider that comes with the Tuner it allows you to cap at 30 FPS with triple buffering on as will in D3DOverrider Im get 60 FPS max. If FPS Limiter is working for you then cool but just thought I would add this for anyone its not.

This needs to be fixed by EA I didnt have crashing at all befor I ever ran FPS limiter or D3DOverrider but was told by a friend that it over works your GPU. I looked and I was getting 400-high 600 with my 4850x2 2GB
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2010 June 03, 03:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I disagree.  Just installed FPS limiter and 3booter into Ambitions and it runs just fine.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: