More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:17:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker  (Read 583332 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
« Reply #125 on: 2009 November 24, 12:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you're using the latest, an older version would do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 November 24, 12:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted a picture above, it seems it can't find the file
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 November 24, 15:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oldversion, get new version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 November 24, 15:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get the new version? I downloaded the version that was in one of the first posts in this thread

The second post in this thread has the download for fps limiter version 0.2 which is the version I was just using.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 15:35:58 by Sabrewulf » Logged
Panastasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 November 24, 15:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Day before yesterday I re-downloaded the files from the first two posts in this thread, installed them, and they worked fine.

Edit: Sorry, Sabrewulf - "install" as I used it = unzip files to World Adventures root install directory...Glad you got it to work!
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 20:00:44 by Panastasia » Logged
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 November 24, 16:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got an option to install them.....
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 November 24, 18:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete everything you have right now.

Download 3Booter and FPSlimiter.

"Install" them to the same place you just deleted from. There isn't an installer ,you just put them where they go.

Click 3Booter to launch the game.

INFP or something
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 November 24, 19:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks kuronue, that worked Smiley
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 November 25, 06:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the files from the first two posts of this thread again.
I extracted all the contained files into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\ folder.

Clicking on 3booter.exe does nothing (a command prompt box doesn't pop up, not even for a split second), however double clicking FPS_Limiter.exe briefly displays the following:

However, if I move all the files to the Sims 3 base game's root folder, then double clicking 3booter.exe loads up the game but the FPS is not limited (it goes to about 50-60 most of the time).

I have Windows 7 and the latest patch of World Adventure and the newest version of 3booter/FPS limiter.

Edit: Sorry about the big images again. Here's a screenie of my WA root folder.

Edit 2: Same result regardless of whether or not the Sims 3 launcher is running when 3booter.exe is clicked.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 07:01:22 by byronh » Logged
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 November 25, 18:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are 4 cache files located in My Documents ...The Sims 3. To avoid problems they should be deleted whenever you add a new or changed mod to your game.

The easiest way to do this is to create a batch program file n your Desktop. I have created one that also runs 3booter.

Follow these instructions if you want to do the same:

IMPORTANT NOTE.

This version is for Windows XP only and uses the C drive.

If you have a different operating system or use a different drive, change the TWO lines that start with "cd" accordingly.

1. Update 3booter and fpslimit as per Pescado's instructions.

2. Right click on your Desktop, select New and Text Document.

3. Double click on the "New Text Document.txt" icon that has been created and copy the following in to the text file:

cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\"
del scriptCache.package
del simCompositorCache.package
del compositorCache.package
del CASPartCache.package
cd "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\"
3Booter.exe
exit

4. Select File and Save As. Replace the filename with:  "Sims 3 WA.bat" and Save.

5. Select File and Exit or click on the X.

Now to clear your caches and run 3booter, just double click the "Sims 3 WA.bat" icon on your Desktop. Look for the icon that
shows a cog wheel in a window.

Warning DO NOT attempt this if you are unsure of what you are doing. No refunds are given.

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 November 25, 21:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the files from the first two posts of this thread again.
I extracted all the contained files into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\ folder.

Your screenshot shows 3Booter.exe with a date of July.  The date should be November.  You either haven't downloaded correctly, or you haven't replaced correctly.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 November 26, 01:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your screenshot shows 3Booter.exe with a date of July.  The date should be November.  You either haven't downloaded correctly, or you haven't replaced correctly.

Okay. I found out the problem. Google Chrome consistently downloads the old July version. Downloading from the same place in Firefox downloads the Nov. 25th version. And yes, I was downloading the versions from the first two posts in this thread.

Just in case anyone else also using Chrome was having that problem. I can't imagine why it would be doing that however.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 November 26, 01:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Failure to clear cache, no doubt.

Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 November 26, 01:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. I found out the problem. Google Chrome consistently downloads the old July version. Downloading from the same place in Firefox downloads the Nov. 25th version. And yes, I was downloading the versions from the first two posts in this thread.

Just in case anyone else also using Chrome was having that problem. I can't imagine why it would be doing that however.

I have this info on my desktop in a file. I think I got it from the official Sims 3 site.

Let's start with clearing your browser cache and Temp files.

Here's how to clear the browser cache:

Internet Explorer 8

1. From the Safety menu, click Delete Browsing History... .

2. Check Temporary Internet files and History, and then click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... .

2. Choose the General tab.

3. Under Browsing history, click Delete... .

4. Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files... .

5. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Firefox 3 for Windows

From the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data, and then check Cache. Click Clear Private Data Now.
Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Empty Cache... .

2. When prompted, click Empty to confirm that you want to empty the cache.

Firefox 3 for Mac OS X

1. In Firefox, from the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data.

2. Make sure Cache is checked, and then click Clear Private Data Now.

For your Temp folder, navigate to your hard drive, then the Windows folder.  You should have a Temp folder inside the Windows folder; double-click on it, then hit Ctrl-A to select all, then Delete.

That may be the way to solve the problem, if others encounter it.

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
geminia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 November 27, 22:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... First of all Thanks very much not only for the for the fps limitter but for the hole thread as well , it did enlighten me very much
I do not have a need for booter  but i installed anyway. However when it comes to fps limiter, I really needed it.
I'm currently running on an ASUS ATI HD4870x2 (2GB) -payed plenty of moolah to get this babe- on Vista Home Premium 64bit.  Unfortunatelly, teh makers of this GC decided to not include the fps option for Vista 64bit systems since they claim that that OS manages fps better.. Result? After installing WA major lag and freezes when my sim was running across town even on normal speed..not to mention the crashes.whenever my sim travelled form the one lacation to another i had to zoom out to town view and once she was ther i had to go back and touch nothing until it "loaded" averything on screen, to avoid crashing. Above that U could hear my GC fans working on full speed form miles away. I had no idea about vsync and of course i couldn't figure out how the hell this Game managed to overwork this GC. Once when i shut the game down i freaked out cause i found myself infront of a very greenish dasktop.. After reading this thread i checked my fps... 450+ fps on CAS. I downladed and "installed" immidiately. No lags and crashes since then. However when my sim is travelling on high speed it looks like there are missing frames. Before fps limiter (when i followed my sim around) i could see everything - then i crashed of course - now i can only see parts of it. My sim is at the lake, my sim is at the beach, my sim is at her house , there is nothing inbetween.. is there any way we can change the fps form 30 to 50-60?

NO TINYURLING THE DRAGONS! < ---- Pitty, but good to know anyway
Winsyrstrife
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 November 28, 00:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a difference the FPS Limiter tool makes.  Now I know why my card was getting close to strokeout temps as I watched a Sim prepare French Toast...Average FPS were around 90-100 FPS in-game.  Average temperatures were 85-90 Celsius.  Since using the FPS Limiter, temperatures are averaging at 65-70 Celcius.
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 December 05, 02:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

I have a Question here?

After I installed WA, I had to move my limiter and 3 booter to the WA folder and make the start up short cut to that in order for it to run, as they no longer were running installed as originally directed - in the base game folder.

Maybe I missed some post here that stated we needed to move them - but I just want to know if the Limiter and 3 booter is supposed to be move to each EP and sp as they come out or not? They both began functioning normally once they were moved - but it bothers me that there is now nothing in regard to them in the base game folder. Is this right?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 05, 08:29:38 by Writin_Reg » Logged
Bahr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 December 05, 07:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I ran across this. Haven't had many issues with the sims, but noticed just lately that my PC is running hotter then normal. Hit the fps on after reading a few threads, and saw it topping out at 270. Must give this a try and seeing how it works out.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 December 10, 10:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, someone linked to a MATY thread in that conversation. Here was the EAxian response.

Quote from: SimGuru_BGY_11
kaloesche68 is correct - please refrain from links to adult content, as it violates the forum Terms of Service and rules.  

Thanks,

-Big Guy-

Adult content, I thought? He must mean the above average intelligence and maturity of many of MATY's posters.

"Big Guy". Snork.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2009 December 10, 10:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I skimmed through this thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned and I missed it:
The 3booter doesn't do anything for me. The game crashes at the very beginning of loading time and doesn't reboot. I've tried putting the 3booter in the 2 locations mentioned, I've used it with and without the fps limiter, to no avail.
So what am I doing wrong?

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 December 10, 10:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adult content, I thought? He must mean the above average intelligence and maturity of many of MATY's posters.
MATY contains adults, therefore, it is adult content, as children are not appropriate for MATY.

Anshin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 December 10, 17:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used FRAPS to check the FPS and it was getting as high as 800 during the startup movie and sitting squarely at 575 during the startup loading screen.
Oddly regular gameplay was "only" around 75-85... Shutting the game down was at 675 during the black screen. Angry

I built this computer specifically for TS3, and have already replaced the video card once thinking it was faulty when it died within the first 30 days. Maybe it was the game.

Thank you for FPSlimiter. My game is now running merrily at 30 FPS.

All hail the mighty Pescado!
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 December 10, 17:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't get major heat issues as my case is completely open, but I noticed with TS3 that my fans would start grinding away at max speed periodically. 'Twas like a jet gearing up every 5 minutes, and frankly, annoying. I turned on FPS to find it was bouncing between about 70 and 120 in live mode, so chucked 3booter and FPS limiter on.

When paused, it hovers around 30. Scrolling and camera rotation is smooth. But when unpaused it tends to oscillate between 12 and the low-twenties, which makes for a  jerky, lagtastic experience. It looks like FPS limiter is working too well. Any ideas as to why this might be? I know very little about video card stuff.

Eh, and after installing, I still had a CTD and a freeze over 2 hours of gameplay. At least the fans are quieter though - my computer room no longer sounds like the inside of a factory.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 December 10, 18:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When paused, it hovers around 30. Scrolling and camera rotation is smooth. But when unpaused it tends to oscillate between 12 and the low-twenties, which makes for a  jerky, lagtastic experience. It looks like FPS limiter is working too well. Any ideas as to why this might be? I know very little about video card stuff.
I have never seen that happen in live mode, but if your computer cannot even reach 30 when looking at things, it is already operating at full power and fpslimiter won't help.

Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 December 10, 21:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you're saying my card is too crap to bother with the limiter even though my FPS is 70+ without it? It normally runs much smoother unpaused - I generally only suffer from explainable lag on lots with too much decor or too many sims when not using the limiter.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: