More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:55:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker  (Read 583440 times)
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
« Reply #50 on: 2009 July 16, 20:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehehe. Besides the night sky is so "awe-inspiring". It's practically the only time you notice it's brillance and vastness, never mind it's ever changing  "surprises". Unlike practically everyone else I know but my hubby, I never miss the meteor showers and the lovely light shows the "Northern Lights" provide us New Englanders. I don't live underground though, but in fact very much above ground - partway up a mountain, atop a foothill of the White Mountains and the White Mountain National Forest.

It works well for me as my pets of choice are Cats - I have 13 which are night creatures themselves. It seems their idea of the only good reason to have sunshine is to grow them herbal grasses and catnip, and as something that provides them a warm and toasty spot to nap away their day in a window.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 July 17, 21:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, the obtrusive, flashing, green "30" in the upper left corner of the screen. Desired result, problem indicator, or Liz doin' it wrong?

Running TS3 windowed?
That indicator is there, but ought to be hidden behind the fullscreen TS3 window.

What do the flashing numbers mean? Now that you told me about pointing the shortcut to the 3booter, I guess the programs are working and I'm getting the flashing numbers. I can put up with it since I don't want to fry my graphics cards, but am just curious about what the numbers mean.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 July 17, 23:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'flashing numbers' are the Frames Per Second. As per Pescado's explanation, TS3 is locked at 30FPS anyway, so it makes absolutely zero sense to allow it to run faster.

If running it at that speed is the best thing for my graphics card, then I am grateful the program was created. Even though my computer is not exactly new, I bought it because of the graphics card, among other things, so I want to protect the card. I just didn't know what the numbers meant.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 18, 00:03:41 by minonda » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 July 17, 23:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minonda, you shouldn't be seeing large green flashing numbers. I had those and didn't need to have them over-riding the game screen. I tried re-downloading the fpslimiter and that seemed to get rid of them. In the cheat console/command line, you can type "fps on" which puts a tiny framerate number at the top right hand corner of the screen and doesn't dominate the game.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 July 18, 00:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The large flashing green numbers thing is caused by the FPSlimiter display attaching itself to the wrong window. This seems to just happen randomly. There is not much we can do about it since it is a third-party program with no source.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 July 18, 00:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minonda, you shouldn't be seeing large green flashing numbers. I had those and didn't need to have them over-riding the game screen. I tried re-downloading the fpslimiter and that seemed to get rid of them. In the cheat console/command line, you can type "fps on" which puts a tiny framerate number at the top right hand corner of the screen and doesn't dominate the game.

Thanks, witch. I'll re-download it, put 'fps on' in the cheat console, and see if that changes things, keeping in mind Pescado's comment that seeing the numbers is a random thing. It's always something, right?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 July 18, 00:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "fps on" has no connection with the fpslimiter, it belongs to either EAxis or awesomemod, probably the latter. You don't have to have it on, it's just a way of seeing the frames your game is running at.

The green flashing numbers belong to fpslimiter and Pescado just explained why that happened.

I stopped using fpslimiter for a while, then went back to it. Don't know if that made a difference. Oh and I also re-downloaded 3booter. I did go back to using it because I was sick of hearing my new, good video card labouring away for no good reason.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 July 18, 01:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "fps on" has no connection with the fpslimiter, it belongs to either EAxis or awesomemod, probably the latter. You don't have to have it on, it's just a way of seeing the frames your game is running at.

The green flashing numbers belong to fpslimiter and Pescado just explained why that happened.

Okay, I thought they were connected. I deleted the fpslimiter and reinstalled it, and as happened when you did it, the flashing numbers stopped.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 July 22, 07:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel stupid...But how does this work without 3booter? I keep trying and I still get to 80 with vsync. And when quitting I get 500 all spastic up to 600...EA WTF.

...but yes, I can't get it to work. I put in the root, directory, and everything do I have to change anything other then plopping it down?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 July 22, 08:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got both 3booter and the FPSlimiter in root directory but every time I start up with 3booter the game gets to loading screen and crashes about midway through and then nothing happens. I have to manually delete the cache files in my documents and open 3booter again which then the game loads completely. I thought it would do this automatically? Using the newest version
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 July 22, 16:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel tardy for asking, but here goes.
I'm playing sims 3 on my laptop, am i still in danger of a melt down?
Do i still need to download this, on occasion i will get the game freezing and colours bleeding in to one.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 July 22, 18:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, your laptop still has a graphic card. And those colors are probably a sign of overheating, leading to a death in the end.

Download it.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 July 22, 22:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, i'm trying to download it to root file, but i am getting a message saying i need admin privileges may be rquired.
Ant advice please? Huh
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 July 23, 05:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, i'm trying to download it to root file, but i am getting a message saying i need admin privileges may be rquired.
Ant advice please? Huh
Download it to your desktop.  Then just copy/paste it to the root directory.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 July 30, 05:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't been using FPS Limiter with 3Booter, then for the heck of it I typed "fps on" in the command console.   It was at that point that I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.  It seems that my computer is far better than TS3 needs... in the upper right hand corner it read 255.  Needless to say I am using FPS limiter now, even though the randomly visible FPS in the upper left corner is a bit annoying.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 July 30, 08:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It helps if you look at another window while this is happening, so the green crap ends up nailed to Furryfox or something, and vanishes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
janinechloe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 July 31, 09:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing TS3 on a laptop - Intel Dual Core (I forgot the ghz) with Mobile Intel (r) 964 Chipset Family. Does this count as a piece of shit computer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 July 31, 10:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Your computer has no graphics capability and cannot be used for games. Don't even bother.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 August 01, 01:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, unbeknownst to me, my Thinkpad actually has a Radeon inside it as well as a crappy onboard graphics card - if I hadn't reformatted, there was apparently a utility in Vista to swap from one to the other for gaming. If your computer has that, you probably need the frame limiter.

INFP or something
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 August 07, 05:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you going to make a new version for the upcoming ep? I'm gonna really need it, as I refuse to play without my fpslimit. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 August 07, 06:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no upcoming EP. These claims are nothing more than lies and propaganda created by the Liberal-controlled media.

Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 August 07, 15:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Denial?

Is there any way I can edit the file so that the highest is like 60 or 40? I find the drop from 31 to 26 is a pretty jagged switch, it only happens when moving one pattern thing from an object to another, but yeah Smiley. And then sometimes I hit 28 in game and it just seems to be jagged-ish. I'd like to be safe but also have a complete smooth experience that I had before. Also, I heard that eyes can see up to 60-more, so wouldn't 30 appear pretty jagged?

Hehe, but if I can't I can live, when I saw my constant frames I was afraid for my own life. Even though my card has never reached 70c.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 August 07, 15:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Denial?
No, I simply don't see any actual expansion pack. Do you? I dare you to demonstrate otherwise.

Is there any way I can edit the file so that the highest is like 60 or 40? I find the drop from 31 to 26 is a pretty jagged switch, it only happens when moving one pattern thing from an object to another, but yeah Smiley. And then sometimes I hit 28 in game and it just seems to be jagged-ish. I'd like to be safe but also have a complete smooth experience that I had before. Also, I heard that eyes can see up to 60-more, so wouldn't 30 appear pretty jagged?
No. You can't see 60-more. That's ridiculous. Try it. Run a 60-frame clip where one of the frames is unrelated and contains a message. I dare you to read that message. Bet you can't. Because you can't see 60 fps. As for the drop from 31 to 26, if you're experiencing frame drop at ALL, nothing will help. If it can drop BELOW 30, that means it would already have done so anyway.

gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 August 08, 03:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game started crashing on the startup, so I loaded 3booter and while I was at it I loaded fpslimiter. The game started great but within a few minutes of play, I would get an extremely long message "Exception: The maximum stack depth for the interpreter has been exceeded........" I'm not sure how to get a copy of the whole message for you. I quit out of the game and restarted several times but keep getting the same message within minutes of playing. I removed fps limiter to restart the game and see what my rate was but now the game crashes when loading the neighborhood I want to play. I put fps limiter back in and same problem. The game loads to where I select my neighborhood but crashes then. Any suggestions?

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 August 08, 05:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err...I can't say I've ever seen that. Stack overflow isn't normal, though. Screenshot the behavior and I will take a look.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: