More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:30:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4  (Read 129783 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4
« Reply #125 on: 2009 May 23, 11:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will my computer handle this?

Intel Core2Duo, 2.16GHz
4GB of RAM (Displayed as 2.98 on my computer though)
ATI Radeon X1600
Windows XP SP2

I do use some of those resource hogging sprinklers in case that's relevant (Need to delete those. I have a butler anyway.)

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 May 24, 00:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mod doesn't cause lot resets and the startup cheat is the same as 2.3 beta. Are you using the shader.package?

I'm not using the shader package because it makes my pool water look messed up. I guess I must have installed something else to cause a game reset or maybe it was when I was trying to find a bug using the testingCheats. Oh well, everything is fine now, and thanks for your response.
Looking forward to any updates you may have in the future.

Sim Pirate
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2009 May 24, 17:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will my computer handle this?

Intel Core2Duo, 2.16GHz
4GB of RAM (Displayed as 2.98 on my computer though)
ATI Radeon X1600
Windows XP SP2

I do use some of those resource hogging sprinklers in case that's relevant (Need to delete those. I have a butler anyway.)

I used to have the same GPU and processor. You should be able to run the mod as long as you have lighting and shadow on high.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
fear
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 June 09, 11:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is great mod.. it add a lot to the game  Cool
but do you think it's possible to make sims 2 lighting reach the level of sims 3 lighting or it is impossible..  Lips sealed
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 June 10, 01:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dDefinder, I never paid attention to this problem until recently. I have Seasons but the Sun Moon and Stars are missing. I've searched the forums here and at other sites and no one has a solution.
My PC is pretty fast with plenty of memory and my graphics card is Nvidia 9600. All my game settings are as high as they can go.
Is there something in in the lighting mod that will let the stars, sun and moon show, or is this another EA screw up for Seasons?
Edit:
  Nevermind, I used Gunmod's camera mod and looked way the hell up, almost over head and saw the stars at night and a half sun by day looking like it was half way setting in the sky. I think there must be somekind of sky wall with Seasons  that  makes it hard to see the Sun Moon and Stars. It must be another EA screw up.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 10, 09:07:21 by jerryking » Logged

Sim Pirate
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2009 June 10, 10:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@jerryking
For the stars it depends on your lot view distance. The higher the more stars are in the sky. Those problems in both NL and Seasons.

More information is found here with issues with the sky and EP's:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14368.25.html

@fear
No, The Sims 3 engine supports more graphical features such as realtime lighting and shadows, full time cycles, and bloom.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
fear
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 June 10, 16:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked sims 3 lighting seems too complicated..
thanks for your response.. and I must admit that this mod give some sims 3 atmosphere to sims 2.. you did great job  Cool
drace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 July 03, 17:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reporting back now with a complete new graphic card - and it finally works! Kiss Heh.

By the way, my old one was an ATI 9200SE. I still don't know why it didn't work; it should have, but at least the culprit is known now and it resolved itself with the new one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: