More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:45:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Custom Default Eyes-By meee :) [UPDATED: Final Version added!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Default Eyes-By meee :) [UPDATED: Final Version added!  (Read 19383 times)
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Custom Default Eyes-By meee :) [UPDATED: Final Version added!
« on: 2009 June 24, 05:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so they aren't perfect nor' are they done(completely) but they look good and everything so I thought I'd bring them over here Smiley.
They're hand drawn in gimp. So it's more subtle realism, but not even close to photo realism. Which I doubt is possible. The way EA have things set up is screwed. And their default texture is dead, it's like, a solid color with a dark splotch above it. Mine actually has shade and detail atleast XD.
I'm posting to flickr for the picture, seeing as I'm lazy and don't want to stretch out the forum. Plus it's jpg (ugh) so any smaller and it will be blur city, if it isn't already.

Here it is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockermonkey999/3656415986/

and here the download is: http://www.box.net/shared/q60hig84iz

-enjoy!

Officially finished version is now complete! Here's the download link:

http://www.box.net/shared/uzaeq9jcfq

And preview picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockermonkey999/3662753144/

Stupid mod took way to long XD
« Last Edit: 2009 June 26, 14:37:02 by Rockermonkey » Logged
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Custom Default Eyes-By meee :)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 24, 15:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gonna try 'em out!
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 24, 15:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything is better than the dead fish eyes and yours look pretty darn good!
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 24, 22:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Smiley Please tell me what you guys think. I wanna make sure to improve them before releasing them in a finished version! :]
HopelessCarrot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 26, 09:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm, a delicious improvement over the bland eyes EA landed us with, honestly. I personally like the fact that they're not entirely realistic and they work especially well with Seraphita's default replacement skins. I know this isn't the final version, but I've noticed that the iris shading shifts from left to right with particularly light-colored eyes. I'm not sure if it's something on my end to blame, though, since I previewed your eyes on my bin sims.

Other than that, these are beautifully done and textured nicely. I look forward to the final version, thanks.
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 26, 11:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I like these eyes and plan to try them out, but I have a little nitpick. The format you used for your preview photos, specifically colour eyes and gray faces works nice for a all over perspective, but I think the pictures on the left should have been just the coloured eye blocks. I really have a hard time telling how these are different, and if one of the two left pics is default eyes for comparison. It's a little better in the large image, but barely. For the sake of clarity and composition, I think this needs to be changed.

Constructive and hopefully helpful criticism aside, I'm sure they're better than the default either way.

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 26, 14:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so the final version is done. Mod is taking too long to upload the files so I did it myself XD.

Here's the finished versions picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockermonkey999/3662753144/

And here's the download link: http://www.box.net/shared/uzaeq9jcfq
savioaraujo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Custom Default Eyes-By meee :) [UPDATED: Final Version added!
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 26, 14:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you rockermonkey! Liked it!  Cheesy
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 02, 00:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't downloaded or tried this, but from the pics, it seems like they still have the same EA problem of too bright white-parts.  It would be nice if the whites gradiented towards a darker color (more yellow/brown) as you get further from the center, closer to the outside edges.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 02, 08:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the pure white at the sides? That can't be changed...There's only three DDS's I believe the skintone is what controls the white parts of the eye Smiley.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 02, 11:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean the sclera. 

I've been playing around (in another thread in pudding factory, in fact) with the default face skin, and I can't see any white eye parts there.  The eye itself is a black hole.  If there's a dds with the eye whites, it's elsewhere.

We might be really screwed.  It might be one of those 2 color vector graphics dealies like the clothing swatches.  Wouldn't that bite?  No gradient would be possible in that case.

I'm getting really pissed off at the vector graphics decision.  I can see how it must have saved them a lot of storage, but left us with a less beautiful game than TS2.  Most game sequels try to IMPROVE on the prior game's appearance.  Not this one.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 02, 20:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the eyes only have three files, two are the same and the other is the veins and such, but the middle where the 'white' is, is invisible. So I'm gonna guess it's not possible. But I thought that where the tongue and the teeth are in the facial file there's also a semi- transparent white?
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 02, 22:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the face.  I don't see it. 

Maybe if we can ever find it we can just make it a dimmer white.

daydreamer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 02, 22:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^Oh my. Shocked
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 02, 23:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: daydreamer
Insert Quote
^Oh my. Shocked

My reaction, too.  No wonder they all look like pudding.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: