More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:44:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Faster Eating & Cooking
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Faster Eating & Cooking  (Read 28876 times)
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Faster Eating & Cooking
« on: 2009 June 24, 02:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod speeds up the eating & cooking process.Also eating out will be a little faster.

Other tweaks added are:
Sims will not get annoyed when a guest makes the bed.
Faster movement around town.
Takes less time to bathe when using Bath & bubble bath on the Shower of Power.
Sims won't endlessly walk around when talking on the phone.
Added Grill & Barbecue items for faster cook outs
Any interaction to do with mirrors has been lowered!
Brushing teeth no longer takes 20 minutes to complete!
Microwave added,cook twice as fast.
Spend less time in jail! Default is 6 hours,changed to 3.
Added Toy Oven & some tweaks.
Cheaper Maid Cost:80 default 120
Tweaked the rate you can "Call Over" sims.
*Makeout time on beds & sofas has been cut to 1/3.
*Sped up stirring process on mixing bow

Notes:The Excessinator stove hasn't been tweaked as I couldn't find the file to do so as it's content from the Sims 3 store.Any item bought from The Sims 3 store will not be affected.
The faster movement speed may conflict with Awesomemod,will change upon request,all needed to do is remove 1 file.

Added as separate package the ability to bathe at anyone's home.In other words 10 people won't be standing at the bathroom door wanting to kick your as*,because it's "Appropriate,not Inappropriate"! Item is finished & complete.

Faster Cooking Only Mod has been uploaded.Do not combine with the Changes file.Slightly enhanced cooking speed on stoves a bit more.**Sped up stirring process on mixing bowl.

Uploaded an XML file that you can adjust the bills for those who know how.Those that don't get this to make the package file: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3ToolsForum/index.php?topic=171.0

Job Performance-Careers http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I8KB765H

* Bathe Anywhere.zip (2.02 KB - downloaded 610 times.)
* Mailbox.zip (1.28 KB - downloaded 509 times.)
* Faster Cooking.zip (13.55 KB - downloaded 915 times.)
* Changes.zip (24.14 KB - downloaded 626 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 04:35:38 by userunknown » Logged
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Faster Eating & Cooking
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 24, 04:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod is awesome, the faster cooking is what I waiting for. I'm downloading it now.

Can you make faster cooking only on stove? I found that preparing food is not that long, but cook on stove is like forever.

And also longer eating? So there's a change to make a whole household members have dinner together. No eating alone.

Can you make it separated package file?
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 24, 07:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you make faster cooking only on stove? I found that preparing food is not that long, but cook on stove is like forever.

And also longer eating? So there's a change to make a whole household members have dinner together. No eating alone.

Can you make it separated package file?

Yes,I can make a separate file.Not sure about the longer eating part,the default is 15 bites per meal & I changed it to 8 & adjusted the hunger per bite at 20.

Update: Makeout for sims on sofas & beds has been set to 15 min.,the default was 30.Updated the file in 1st post.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 24, 12:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too await the separated parts of this mod.  I will be using everything you've included, except the 'faster eating' part.  The 'make out in bed' that just seemed to drag on and on, drove me up a wall.  --Presses thanks button--

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 24, 18:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update:

Added Grill & Barbecue items for faster cook outs.
Any interaction to do with mirrors has been lowered!
Brushing teeth no longer takes 20 minutes to complete!

Added as separate package the ability to bathe at anyone's home.In other words 10 people won't be standing at the bathroom door wanting to kick your as*,because it's "Appropriate,not Inappropriate"!

Updated file in 1st post.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 19:04:41 by userunknown » Logged
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 24, 19:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just added the Microwave,cook twice as fast.That should complete the faster cooking items & will add as a separate file shortly.Updated file in 1st post.

Finished the Bathe Anywhere package,found a few files I missed.Removed the "InappropriateForVisitor" value for sitting on the toilet & in the bathtub.Updated file in 1st post.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 20:14:27 by userunknown » Logged
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 24, 20:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finished the Bathe Anywhere package,found a few files I missed.Removed the "InappropriateForVisitor" value for sitting on the toilet & in the bathtub.Updated file in 1st post.

Would you be willing and able to extend that to repairs? It annoys me that my skilled tinkerers get told off for lending a helping hand by fixing stuff at other Sims' homes.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 24, 20:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you be willing and able to extend that to repairs? It annoys me that my skilled tinkerers get told off for lending a helping hand by fixing stuff at other Sims' homes.

That was going to be my next project,you must have read my mind.I agree it's quite annoying.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 24, 20:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that this is a two way street. Meaning that visiting sims won't hesitate to use your shower either. I didn't test this though.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 21:38:51 by blackcat » Logged
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 24, 20:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thnk that this is a two way street. Meaning that visiting sims won't hesitate to use your shower either. I didn't test this though.

Fell free to test it.I only tested the shower at an acquaintance home during the day & it worked without interference.
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 24, 20:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this is a work in progress.

Found another sink.
Spend less time in jail! Default is 6 hours,changed to 3.
Added Toy Oven for children & some tweaks.
Updated in 1st post.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 24, 22:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my three stinking guests used my showers, seems to work fine. Now we need fridges and we can pAAArty. Also, I understand correctly that none of these modifications can include store items, as they are buried somewhere?

On a side note, try not to double post. You can get sporked for this by allmaties pretty bad.
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 26, 16:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Job Performance-Careers

Included is my tweaks in the .package file,also the default xml file for you to make adjustments.

Minimum job performance set to 0 instead of -50
Car pools will arrive 1/2 hour early
Download in 1st thread
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 27, 16:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll also toss in a request for longer, not shorter, eating. I find it exceedingly difficult to have my sims engage in any communal and get the social benefits from it because they eat so fast. I basically have to micromanage a bunch of them to do nothing around the kitchen area for a while, wait for the cook to finish, they have them all grab the food at the same time and hope to god there isn't a bottleneck where they're all tripping all over each other.

I do also miss the serve interaction from TS2 but I imagine that hardcoded and not in this game.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 28, 00:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed if the Changes mod conflicts with AwesomeMod? I'd like to use both, but if I have to choose one over the other, my loyalty lies with AweseomeMod.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 28, 02:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll also toss in a request for longer, not shorter, eating. I find it exceedingly difficult to have my sims engage in any communal and get the social benefits from it because they eat so fast.

I do also miss the serve interaction from TS2 but I imagine that hardcoded and not in this game.

I'm looking into the former right now and am having a bit of trouble figuring out where the hell the values for foods are kept.  Food names in the gameplaydata just seem to include cooking animation specifics, and all I've found thus far is eating from your hand and eating from a can.  There doesn't seem to be anything for plate/tray/surface that I've found yet.

As for the latter, seconded.

Addendum: eureka!  How long are we hoping for?  Twice as long?  Three times as long?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 28, 03:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Three times as long would be good for me. I like my households to have a meal together once a day to keep their relationships with each other up. At the moment I'm using the telly, but I don't always want them all learning the same skill.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 28, 03:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Czezechael has a mod up for slower eating that works fine,unless you'd like an update from me then you'll have no problems using her mod.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 28, 04:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found that thread, thanks. I see you added one too, to make the food bowl mixer not take an ice-age.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: