More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 05:28:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Please,What happens to your non-played gravestones? Because EA Q&A is uselss...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Please,What happens to your non-played gravestones? Because EA Q&A is uselss...  (Read 4053 times)
amileegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Please,What happens to your non-played gravestones? Because EA Q&A is uselss...
« on: 2009 June 24, 00:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen posts where players say "go to the mausoleum and gravestones will be there under manage gravestones."

Unless I am playing a family and they die, I do not get gravestones to move to the graveyard.

Do YOUR non-playables gravestones end up in the Mausoleum under "manage gravestones"?

I have witnessed a family that I had played (MARTINEZ) but switched out of die in the public park while I was playing another family (GLOVER), I then saw the grim reaper come for the unfortunate Old Martinez Matriarch, I SAW the gravestone generated, and then saw gravestone promptly vanish.     I immediately switched to the MARTINEZ family.   It didn't go into any inventory of the family who was mourning (I switched to see), it did not end up on the home lot, and was NOT in the mausoleum under "manage gravestones".

So..EA says this is not a bug, but also didn't explain what the point of the "manage gravestones" is or f gravestones of nonplayables are supposed to dissapear. In fact, they said practically nothing at all.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Please,What happens to your non-played gravestones? Because EA Q&A is uselss...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 24, 04:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my experience... The dead sim needs to be at least friends with a sim from the active family for it to be saved at the graveyard.  Otherwise it seems to just vanish and be gone forever.

Others might have better info though.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Please,What happens to your non-played gravestones? Because EA Q&A is uselss...
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 24, 06:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had mixed, non consistent, results. Some non-played sims got their tombstone in Mausoleum, despite not being met ever by any of my playables (Newspaper: "ohnoes, Algernon Whatthefuck has passed away"; Playable sim: "... who?"); some others, best friends, disappeared without a trace.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
amileegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 24, 12:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!

I should have guessed it was another bit of "developers without a clue" decisions that make no sense.

You'd think there'd be an ape on staff with enough common sense to put in a toggle on or off for gravestone generation, or a way to tag families as "important"
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 24, 15:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had mixed, non consistent, results. Some non-played sims got their tombstone in Mausoleum, despite not being met ever by any of my playables (Newspaper: "ohnoes, Algernon Whatthefuck has passed away"; Playable sim: "... who?"); some others, best friends, disappeared without a trace.
This has been the exact case for me too. In fact, my sim's own mother wasn't added when she died and now she is lost for the forseeble future. Yet, some random freak who I had never come across was added instead.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: