More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 04:48:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Taxi Speed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Taxi Speed  (Read 6079 times)
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Taxi Speed
« on: 2009 June 22, 23:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the speed of the taxi is?  I wanted to know whether buying a cheaper car is worth it if the taxi is of equal or greater speed.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: Taxi Speed
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 23, 00:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The taxi is slower than the adult bike, let alone the cheapest car.  If money is very tight, the bike is a cheap step up.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 23, 10:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you'd think the taxi would be faster. And cost money. What happened to Crazy Taxi?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 23, 22:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a taxi travels slower than a bike, the driver must be trying to rack up meter charges  Tongue
This makes NO sense if Sims don't pay for cab rides.
I like the idea of Sims biking around town, but why doesn't this build body skill?
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 24, 00:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would there be a way to mod TS3 to charge you for taking a taxi?

Not sure what would be involved, but I would think there is parameter in the game that would count as "flag/use taxi" that could impose a fee when activated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 24, 00:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a taxi travels slower than a bike, the driver must be trying to rack up meter charges  Tongue
Yeah, but taxis rack up meter charges by distance, not speed. That's why taxis in real life tend to drive crazy fast, so they can dump you and pick up a new fare faster.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 24, 01:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but taxis rack up meter charges by distance, not speed. That's why taxis in real life tend to drive crazy fast, so they can dump you and pick up a new fare faster.

In Australia, our taxis charge based on both time and distance, so theoretically a taxi driver going under 26km/h would make significantly more than one going fast and picking up more.

Distance Rate     $1.85 per kilometre
Waiting Time    $48.00 per hour (80c per minute) while vehicle speed is less than 26 km/h
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: