More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:27:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Erm.. HELP :)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Erm.. HELP :)  (Read 14530 times)
anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Erm.. HELP :)
« on: 2009 June 23, 10:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, nooblet here. So every time I go to use the Sims 3, my laptop bluescreens. I did just max out the graphics settings right before the bluescreening started, and so I figure that has something to do with it, but now that it bluescreens while loading the Sims 3, there's no way for me to change the graphics settings back. So, what's the best way to go about this? Should I just abandon hope and reinstall it, or is there something else I can do?

P.S. The bluescreen message is unreadable because my computer is freaking out so much.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Erm.. HELP :)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 23, 10:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, a newbie finally got the tealady riled!  Do NOT entitle a thread "Help" without giving some indication what you need help with, and never ever begin a thread title with an "erm.." or an "uhh.."   I can't stand fake hesitancy.  Angry

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 23, 10:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting the entire Electronic Arts folder in your documents ;]. I 'think' it resets the graphic options.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 23, 10:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, destroying "options.ini" in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 should be enough to reset the settings.

anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 23, 11:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehehe, see, I figured I'd start something with someone around here. You guys are feisty :O
But thanks for the help let me go see if that works! Smiley
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 23, 12:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DO NOT delete Electronics Arts folder. This will delete all your downloads, saves, screenshots and what not. Also you may have other games there from EA. You can delete options.ini in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder, the settings will reset to defaults. Or you may want to open the file with notepad and try to change things manually, but don't do this if you don't understand what it says inside.
anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 23, 12:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oookay. So I actually was able to change the graphics settings back and whatnot and I restarted the game, but it still bluescreens on me. Does this just mean my laptop sucks and can't support it? Sad
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 23, 12:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Impossible to tell without any details about your laptop.  Does it meet the minimum requirements listed on the game?

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 23, 12:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. Looks as though my processor speed is too low. Everything else is fine, but the minimum processor requirement is a 2.0 GHz P4 processor, and I have a 1.6 GHz AMD Sempron. Would this be the culprit for the bluescreening, then?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 23, 12:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. Looks as though my processor speed is too low. Everything else is fine, but the minimum processor requirement is a 2.0 GHz P4 processor, and I have a 1.6 GHz AMD Sempron. Would this be the culprit for the bluescreening, then?
Yes. Your processor is probably overheating immediately from the strain of trying to process something that it is completely incapable of dealing with. It may catch fire if you keep doing that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 24, 03:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O_O Thanks Seņor Presidente. Well, that's the end of my TS3ing. Sad
SolaceDevotio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 24, 04:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O_O Thanks Seņor Presidente. Well, that's the end of my TS3ing. Sad

Save up and buy a new processor.  They are not very expensive.  At least not the ones required to run TS3.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 24, 04:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Save up and buy a new processor.  They are not very expensive.  At least not the ones required to run TS3.

Yeah, but if the noob doesn't think to check her system requirements before running TS3, she's probably not skilled enough to take her laptop apart to replace a processor.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 24, 04:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but if the noob doesn't think to check her system requirements before running TS3, she's probably not skilled enough to take her laptop apart to replace a processor.

Dude, you are not really in a position to be calling anyone a "noob".

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 24, 04:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Save up and buy a new processor.  They are not very expensive.  At least not the ones required to run TS3.

I know I'm new here, but so is the OP so I figured she fell under the category of noob, seeing as she called herself a "nooblet".
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 04:40:33 by Budgie » Logged
anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 24, 04:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great pronoun agreement, how do you know I'm a she, Budgie? Or an it? Yeah. That's what I thought.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 24, 04:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm new here, but so is the OP so I figured she fell under the category of noob, seeing as it called itself a "nooblet".

Yes, but you look like an arrogant pot calling a kettle black. I point this out because your other posts seem reasonably nonstupid.

anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 24, 04:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now I'm not a "she" or an "it". I'm officially a kettle. Sigh.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 24, 04:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Headlamp, you are not speshul. All retarded sheep here are referred to as "it". Whining about it just makes us laugh louder.

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 24, 04:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you look like an arrogant pot calling a kettle black. I point this out because your other posts seem reasonably nonstupid.
Oh, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come off as arrogant.
anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 24, 04:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha. You're funny, rohina. Mean, but funny. Cheesy
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 24, 11:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come off as arrogant.

Ignore Rohina.  In order to call you arrogant, it would have to be shown that you had used the term "noob" in a derisory way.  It is apparent you were using it purely objectively, inasmuch as "noob" means someone who has not been around long - rather than someone who has been around only *relatively* recently compared to one'self, which would be the subjective way to use it.

Rohina, you're losing your sharp edge.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 24, 14:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I refer to you to the post above yours, and suggest that if there is any edge-losing going on here, it is not so much mine, as yours.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 24, 16:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I refer to you to the post above yours, and suggest that if there is any edge-losing going on here, it is not so much mine, as yours.

This one? :

Hahaha. You're funny, rohina. Mean, but funny. Cheesy

Ok, so Anemiclampshade thinks you're mean but funny.  That is also true.   I think you used to be mean, funny *and* logical.

SolaceDevotio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 24, 16:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This place would make great study for the final thesis of a sociology student.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: