More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:19:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Playing Tag Bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playing Tag Bug  (Read 6739 times)
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Playing Tag Bug
« on: 2009 June 23, 00:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed in a few of my sims that if they play tag with someone while they are a child (or I suppose if they have the Childish trait) that after they stop Playing Tag, they continue to gain LTR with the sim they are no longer Playing Tag with.

In at least one of these scenarios, the sims in question, upon becoming teenagers, were unable to advance in romantic relations because even after several romantic interactions, the other sim would think they are "Being Okay"

Has anyone else noticed this bug?
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Playing Tag Bug
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 23, 21:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed that particular scenario, however, I noticed sometimes when they're standing around, they'll get the relationship gains while seemingly doing nothing but standing there, no talking, no visuals.  What I've noticed is the sims that are getting these gains all have "Wait Outside" in their queue.  I think that is the command for after a sim gets orders to leave a home because it is late (not because of motive failure), also, I think this is some sort of borkedness, though not sure if it is to do with some mode or not.  Sounds like the Prez' doing, since he's a control freak and such.  STAND, IN THIS COORDINATE.  Plus, there are other times where one can be watching TV as others eat, and still others are standing around having drinks, yet they are all involved in the same conversation.  At least the positive/negative indicators would lead me to believe as such.  So, even though they are no longer playing tag, there could something else at play that you haven't noticed.  Like, they're simply in close proximity to one another. Or maybe the "play tag" relationship gain icons are merely delayed...  Or, maybe the sky is actually red... Grin

As for the romance, I do believe there is some sort of "chemistry" at play, even if this wouldn't seem so.  Town whores and whore hoppers are usually a must for my own enjoyment.  I've noticed, when setting things up for them, that some romances are much easier than others, while other romances actually spawn on their own, their being single or not hasn't mattered.  If you haven't noticed, this is the case for potential friends as well.  The more traits/favorites they share, the sooner they are friends.  And with certain perks, they are instant friends upon introduction; those are always easy romance targets as well. 

You should check if your sims in question have any of the same favorites and traits because when they do, things are much easier.  Except for "fambly values" or whatever it is, those are difficult but can be molded into sluts with just a bit of extra effort, such as complimenting everything you can about them (from within the "friendly" section), talking about their favorite topics over and over, then suddenly, compliment appearance gets the target to lean in, a few more romantic compliments followed by flirt, repeat as needed then bang, "first kiss" option is enabled.  Although, I always repeat compliment/flirt beforehand, to avoid possible kiss rejections. 

Err, I guess that goes for potential standard monogamous partners as well.
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 24, 13:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your input. I'm going to do some more testing regarding Playing Tag, because I'm certain that is what's causing the borkedness.

In one such case, the 6 turned 12 and invited her only friend over, with whom she had max relationship score, due to playing tag, and she was mean to him, dragging their relationship back down to a point where they were no longer friends. Immediately after such actions she asked him to leave and that night, while sleeping, she got happiness points from becoming his friend again. No matter how many times she flirted, complimented, amorously hugged, or flirtatiously joked, with positive results, she never got him to think she was even being flirty.

The one time she did get up to flirty with him was because she managed to get enough charisma to unlock flirtatious greets, which she did the next time she invited him over, but immediately upon doing a successful flirt they reverted to merely being okay. Now that I think of it, I'm going to see if this apparent bug affects being funny as well with the sims in question.
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 24, 14:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This playing tag issue explains a mysterious bug I was noticing in my game. All of my sims with the "childish" trait would have friendships that improved instead of decayed over time spent apart from their friends who were children or teens.  I can't guarantee that they played tag with all of them, but I did with most of them. 
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 24, 15:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it's similar to the skilling-by-TV bug that I spotted once.  If a Sim was watching, say, the cooking channel, and another Sim sat down to play video games, the skilling Sim would keep skilling.  Even as they went around doing other things, they'd be gaining skill.  Perhaps there is the same sort of bug at play here, where the action doesn't get closed cleanly, and so keeps on going, blocking all other social progress.

Have you tried resetsim to see if that fixes it?

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 24, 17:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it's similar to the skilling-by-TV bug that I spotted once.  If a Sim was watching, say, the cooking channel, and another Sim sat down to play video games, the skilling Sim would keep skilling.  Even as they went around doing other things, they'd be gaining skill.  Perhaps there is the same sort of bug at play here, where the action doesn't get closed cleanly, and so keeps on going, blocking all other social progress.

I'm curious as to which TV you were using, the Ubervision Panoramic in my game has caused that bug you describe several times for different sims.  Rather than reset them, having them watch non-skill channels on the same TV properly closed the skilling interactions.
Stormibrooke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 24, 17:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed in a few of my sims that if they play tag with someone while they are a child (or I suppose if they have the Childish trait) that after they stop Playing Tag, they continue to gain LTR with the sim they are no longer Playing Tag with.

In at least one of these scenarios, the sims in question, upon becoming teenagers, were unable to advance in romantic relations because even after several romantic interactions, the other sim would think they are "Being Okay"

Has anyone else noticed this bug?

I have had this as well. In my situation, when the sims were teens for a couple of sims days (can't remember exactly how many) their relationship did finally start to decay as normal.

Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 24, 22:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it has anything to do with playing tag because I've seen it happen with an adult and her teen step-daughter. Neither of them has the childish trait and never played any games together, but they did dance together at a party. After that, instead of decaying, their relationship improved daily, up to best friends without any further interaction. Then it just stopped and went back to normal decay.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Alorana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 24, 22:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that might explain why I had one particular sim gaining cooking skill points completely randomly, like when he was asleep.  He got up to cooking 9 without setting foot inside the kitchen.
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 25, 18:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roflganger: Yes, i did resetsim on both the teen in question and her friend, but they were still unable to become romantic interests. I suppose I'll have to just give them time for the playing tag or dancing or whatever the case may be to reset itself. Thanks for your input though. I have noticed that TV skilling bug before too, but my sims actually stopped skilling once they stopped watching their family member play video games... or so I think they did.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: