More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:52:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Legacy Spreadsheet
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Legacy Spreadsheet  (Read 22334 times)
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Legacy Spreadsheet
« on: 2009 June 23, 00:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this for my own use so that I could track my Legacy Sims's progress.  My biggest concerns were remembering to do portraits of everyone, plus the 32(!) unique lifetime wishes.

Anyway - I thought it might be handy for others.  I'm not a spreadsheet whiz and this has undergone exactly ten minutes of testing, if you find errors let me know and I'll try to fix them.  There are no macros to worry about, just straight-up formulas.  Sample data for you to copy is included. Just fill in your own details in the pale yellow areas and it will add up your current score. I didn't include a column for 200,000 aspiration points.  I'd make up a good reason, but the reason is that I forgot. If you do hit 200K, you could just add another line for that Sim and give them a second "Yes" under the 100K column.

There is room for 200 Sims. Should be enough?

It's Excel 2003, but since it's so straightforward, I don't think anything is stopping me from saving it as an older version, if someone wanted it.

Edit:  Re-upload only has one sheet, might be openable in MS Works.  Otherwise, check out the Google docs version:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=r8sZ2UPrXEGMhkpQgldVF4Q

* legacy_spreadsheet.rar (4.21 KB - downloaded 706 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 14:29:01 by infamy » Logged
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
Re: Legacy Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 23, 00:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a nice spreadsheet, thank you for posting it here.  I printed out the rules and was planning on starting a legacy game today, this will be a great help in keeping track of things.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 23, 00:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Webspiration (www.mywebspiration.com) to make a diagram of my Legacy family.  It's handy to have an expanding family tree in it.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 23, 02:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My open office opens it just fine. I Just wish you had a blank one along with it so i could have been lazy and not deleted your info that was put in as examples.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 23, 13:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My open office opens it just fine. I Just wish you had a blank one along with it so i could have been lazy and not deleted your info that was put in as examples.

lol
That's well lazy, you only have to delete about five lines!  Grin
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 23, 14:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe..ya I know and did. it is more then five lines thou, if you delete the yes stuff names, home value, ect. But lucky for me I found the delete all  button and it took out all the one i highlighted.

I am just oen of them that fear ill mess it up deleting the wrong thing is all. I seem to made it okie thou. This will alos be my frist time try to play  Legacy game, looking forward to the fun. Grin
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 23, 15:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just oen of them that fear ill mess it up deleting the wrong thing is all.

I'm not sure about how Open Office deals with spreadsheet locks, but you SHOULDN'T be able to delete the wrong thing.  All of the fields are locked other than the ones for you to change. 
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 23, 22:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have it working just fine.. (( giggles)) some times my blondness takes over.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 24, 05:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not bad. It's a little huge and formatted oddly, but I wouldn't have thought of naming names. Also, not enough colors! You should see my personal spreadsheets. It's like a rainbow threw up on them.

I do my family trees manually in Photoshop because I'm a masochist.This is my Riverview prosperity family tree:

EDIT: You have Five-Star Chef and Creature-Robot Crossbreeder twice.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 11:36:50 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
crazysim
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 24, 07:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are worried about messing stuff out, Google Docs handles revisions pretty well.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rqj5BYKCi2RQhPB6V3RvjvQ
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 24, 08:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are worried about messing stuff out, Google Docs handles revisions pretty well.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rqj5BYKCi2RQhPB6V3RvjvQ

Yup, that's what I did.  Google Documents is a godsend.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 24, 11:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not bad. It's a little huge and formatted oddly, but I wouldn't have thought of naming names. Also, not enough colors! You should see my personal spreadsheets. It's like a rainbow threw up on them.

I do my family trees manually in Photoshop because I'm a masochist.This is my Riverview prosperity family tree:

Twice in my list of Lifetime Wants?  I'm not seeing it.  And yeah - now that I look again - it is huge. Those headers look like a child worte them with one of those fat pencils.  I'm no-one's idea of a designer, that's for sure.

I'll look at Google docs, too.  I've never used it before.  

Edit: Woah.  Google Docs is blowing my mind.  This is fantastic.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 11:35:55 by infamy » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 24, 11:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon me, I haven't been sleeping. I somehow must have made it twice when I was moving things around. I checked your attachment and could only find them listed once.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 24, 14:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to make this compatible with Microsoft Works Spreadsheet?
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 24, 14:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A quick googling seems to indicate that Works can only open XLS files if they are limited to one sheet.  I took out the extras and re-uploaded, so give it a try.  Otherwise, there's a Google docs version that you can use, too. The formulas aren't protected on the Google version, so be sure to stick to the yellow areas when entreing data.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 24, 14:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem my computer is having is due to the encryption, apparently. I'll use the google version.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 25, 14:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the family tree....teach me how to do one too, please, pretty please... Kiss
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 25, 15:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saladoor perhaps you should try following the instructions Zazazu gave in the legacy challenge thread? If you don't understand them there are tutorials on the internet that will explain how to use different programs, but I doubt anyone here is going to give you a very basic tutorial on image manipulation.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 15:23:20 by crunk » Logged
Ellusionist
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 29, 13:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone here is a mac user wanting a numbers document. I've made a cleanly laid out one with the final score automatically worked out:

http://www.bpgaming.com/ts3/Legacy.numbers.zip
bigbadbrat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 10, 14:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was very helpful. Thank you so much.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: