More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:33:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722458 times)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3275 on: 2012 June 09, 12:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, I'll check that out.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: 2012 June 28, 16:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AM have any effect on what videos the TVs play? I mean colour vs black and white? I know that at least one of the cheaper TVs used to play only black and white videos but they all seem to play colour vids now regardless of their price/ratings.
So is this an AM thing or something EA "changed".
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: 2012 October 20, 11:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question regarding AM and the new population controls that we now have in game.
(Not editing my previous post as that was made four months ago.)
Prior to the population controls AM SP was set up do disallow random vampire turnings so that you only got vampires if you created them yourself, correct?
Is this still the case now even though we have the options in-game to stop them being created? Does this aspect also affect the new SN creatures as well?
If AM SP still functions as always and is ignoring the population controls available in the game, could we have it so that AM SP DOES listen and take into account the settings we have set in the game population controls?
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: 2012 November 16, 23:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not yet have Seasons and when I try to use AM with my game, it crashes telling me it's not compatible.  Any answer to what I can do about this short of buying and installing Seasons (which I am hoping to get for Christmas).

Thank you

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: 2012 November 17, 04:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not yet have Seasons and when I try to use AM with my game, it crashes telling me it's not compatible.  Any answer to what I can do about this short of buying and installing Seasons (which I am hoping to get for Christmas).

Thank you

Are you saying that a warning telling you that two things are "not compatible" not enough information as to what to do to rectify the problem?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
LurkieMoar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: 2012 November 17, 10:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need Seasons to run the latest Awesome.  You can update the game to 1.42 for free. 

Alternatively, if you know how to edit, you can go back to the version of Awesome that you were using before and remove the timebomb.  If you don't know how to edit, don't try that or it might make your toilet implode.

CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: 2012 November 17, 10:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I read MOAR, and found the solution to my problem was just what you said, I needed to patch my game.  Got the latest patch updater from MTS and used it and now my game runs just fine.  I hate to run it without AM, so thanks for the help.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: 2012 November 17, 21:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I read MOAR, and found the solution to my problem was just what you said, I needed to patch my game.

Why didn't you do that in the fucking first place.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: 2012 November 18, 05:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I read MOAR, and found the solution to my problem was just what you said, I needed to patch my game.

I don't understand wtf someone who doesn't know that you can patch your game without buying the expansions is doing modding their game.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: 2012 November 18, 14:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that the sound effects from some items on the festival lots will linger to seasons that the item is not located in.  I kept hearing fire and couldn't find a single flame.  I discovered that the sound was coming from a spot that a fire pit had been placed for the winter festival.  This also happened with a beehive I placed in the spring festival.  The sound haunted the spot all year long.  Has anyone else noticed this effect leak over through the seasons?  So far I've only heard it happening with fire and bees.  I'm wondering what other items cause the sound leak.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: 2012 November 18, 19:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my Sim clean up her hotdog plate in the park and she stuck it in a phased out trashcan. I couldn't see it, but I knew it was there from looking at the lot in build mode. Maybe that is why you are hearing the sound of the firepit and beehive. They are still there, usable, but invisible.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: 2012 November 18, 21:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever somesim dies of overheating the fire lingers on that site for the rest of my gameplay. It only leaves if I save & reload the neighbourhood.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: 2012 November 18, 22:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever somesim dies of overheating the fire lingers on that site for the rest of my gameplay. It only leaves if I save & reload the neighbourhood.

Just the sound or the flames themselves?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: 2012 November 18, 23:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just the sound or the flames themselves?

Just the sound.

Shadowsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: 2012 November 20, 17:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone check whether triggering alien abduction from debug interaction works?
I suspect that lack of abductions in my game is an EA bug rather than awesomemod one. If the command works for others, it'll make troubleshooting a lot easier.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: 2012 November 20, 21:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone check whether triggering alien abduction from debug interaction works?
I suspect that lack of abductions in my game is an EA bug rather than awesomemod one. If the command works for others, it'll make troubleshooting a lot easier.

Why the fuck don't you try it yourself, and let us know what happens.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: 2012 November 21, 07:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand wtf someone who doesn't know that you can patch your game without buying the expansions is doing modding their game.

I just didn't know there was a patch out!  That is all it was.  I had not been on the web in a month and was at a place when I posted (with child agro) where I needed a fast solution and couldn't find it.  Once I found out there was a patch, all was solved.  I am SOMEWHAT competent in modding my Sims game.  I also follow directions well.  I always knew I could patch without the expansion.  Have done so many many times.

Shadowsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: 2012 November 21, 17:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the fuck don't you try it yourself, and let us know what happens.

Allow me to rephrase in a way that everyone can follow.
There are no aliens in my game. Triggering an abduction has no effect. It means:
a) I'm dealing with a bug or a broken installation.
b) Triggering the event manually doesn't work.
In the first case I'll be able to spend minutes determining whether it's something I'm able to fix. The second option means the same task will probably take days and even then I won't be certain the "bug" isn't a case of really bad luck.
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Creepy children
« Reply #3293 on: 2012 December 12, 03:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed parent sims going to let their toddlers out of their cribs a few times -- without the action appearing in their action queue, while other actions I've input are visible therein. Is it conceivable AM is causing this? Or is it a bug in TS3?

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Creepy children
« Reply #3294 on: 2012 December 12, 03:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed parent sims going to let their toddlers out of their cribs a few times -- without the action appearing in their action queue, while other actions I've input are visible therein. Is it conceivable AM is causing this? Or is it a bug in TS3?

Quit starting a new fucking thread every time you have a question about Awesomemod.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: 2012 December 13, 20:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few questions regarding Awesomestory. These things never bothered me as much before, as I was so busy creating rather than playing. However, now that I'm actually playing a self-populated world in custom houses built for specific families, with a certain storyline in mind I'm starting to really take notice.

1.) From what I've read, if you include the household name in the lot details, it is supposed to prevent the family from moving elsewhere, with the exception of individual sims moving out on their own.

This is not happening for me. Awesomestory is enabled in the config. My new world starts out with families consisting of 8 sims, both genders for each age. If the household is "Jones" then I just name the lot "Jones". Within 5 minutes of playing, I see around 4 households suddenly switch homes, leaving their old ones with the household name entirely vacant. I will say that the houses that most of these families start out in are probably not sufficient enough to sustain their needs... very small and either entirely or partially unfurnished. (I planned on finishing them later with the architect profession)

I know Awesomestory takes these things into consideration, however aren't lots that contain household names immune from this?  

2.)The population cap is supposed to prevent new sims from moving into the homeworld, however does it affect existing families moving out and having children? If so, is there something I can do to prevent outsiders migrating to my town and moving in, while stil expanding my town from my existing families?

My world consists of certain family names with their own lineage relevant to my storyline, and I don't need any goofy looking - funny named "Creatures" that resemble something I'd see at the local Walmart coming in and screwing things up.  I see these freaks every 1-2 sim days in my town somewhere, I'll immediately head to "Edit Town" to evict and delete the family, only to see a new group move in right afterward.  

3.) A lone, orphan Sim child, moved into a lot to live by themselves will disintegrate upon playing, right after entering "Edit Town" mode. Is this an EA thing? Perhaps a side effect of being allowed to create households consisting of only children that Awesomemod has yet to address?
« Last Edit: 2012 December 13, 21:40:03 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: 2012 December 16, 19:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are also quite a few settings in Twallan's SP that can let you keep progression rolling without dealing with immigration/emigration and a variety of other townie- and inactive-related progression features.
TheRBoy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: 2012 December 23, 11:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, new here. Smiley

I wanted to know - does AwesomeMod somehow affect supernaturals appearing?
I love this mod, it's *awesome*!
But somehow, I don't get supernatural NPC's to appear, other than zombies.

Does anyone know if this mod is the cause?
I tried searching in the Config Tool, perhaps there's a parameter related to supernaturals. Haven't found any.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: 2012 December 23, 12:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, new here. Smiley

I wanted to know - does AwesomeMod somehow affect supernaturals appearing?
I love this mod, it's *awesome*!
But somehow, I don't get supernatural NPC's to appear, other than zombies.

Does anyone know if this mod is the cause?
I tried searching in the Config Tool, perhaps there's a parameter related to supernaturals. Haven't found any.

Let me get this right, you downloaded a mod without reading the descriptions of what it does?

And now you want us to read it for you and tell you if it's what's causing a particular phenomenon within your game?

Fuck off!

TheRBoy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: 2012 December 23, 13:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This tip was useless.
I don't know why are you guys so hostile.

It's either:

I am too lazy to look for the description. OR
You are too lazy to answer my question.

I'm not going to further argue
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: