More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:31:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722514 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3250 on: 2012 April 08, 05:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still playing my game with 1.29.
After getting the message that my version of AM had expired, I reinstalled, and now my game just sits on the Pets loading screen. The only way to exit is forcing the game to shut down. I'm not really wanting to update, so I was wondering if there was a version of AM for those who want to stay at 1.29.
No.

If not, I guess I could update. The only reason I don't want to is because I've seen LOTS of people complaining about new issues. I've got all expansion and stuff packs up to Pets.
I'm really angry because I was hoping to at least play the game over the weekend, and all I've done is found myself troubleshooting the stupid Exception Raised error on my iMac. So I jumped on my PC to play, updated AM, and now it's like I've been slapped in the face.

Oh darling, don't be so dramatic!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: 2012 April 08, 05:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manual is fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: 2012 April 08, 13:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Kayleena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: 2012 April 08, 17:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more monotone and boring than dramatic, honestly. =/

But mehwell, I'll update. It's not a big deal. I just thought I'd ask first beforehand just to see.

I appreciate all the work that goes into this mod, so I definitely want to use it for as long as I play the game.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: 2012 April 09, 02:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So why, exactly are you bitching? Because it's SO MUCH EFFORT for you to update? What about the effort Pescado puts in? Don't you think it might be comparable? Or even, and I know this is probably unthinkable for a snowflake like you, MORE? Like MORE effort than it takes you?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: 2012 April 09, 05:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she's just woozy from her computer slapping her in the face.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Kayleena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: 2012 April 09, 20:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you not see where I said I appreciate all the work that goes into making this mod? Before you're so quick to jump down some "n00b's" throat and try to make them feel like shit for asking a fucking question why not read my reply where I said "I appreciate all the work that goes into this mod, so I definitely want to use it for as long as I play the game." And then where I said I would update it.

I know that posting any type of question here is subject to mass flaming, so I'm pretty prepared to have at least a few people pick at me for what I say. But you assume I don't want to update because it's, omg, such a big fucking effort for me to do so. No, it's not. I simply didn't want to update due to all the errors I've seen other people getting. I figured I could try to wait and at least ask if there was an older version of AM that I could use until EA released an update that wasn't so buggy. A simple answer is no. Which was given to me.

I won't be replying to any other posts where you try to flame me for being stupid, a snowflake, naive, dumb, whatever you can think of, etc. You people are pretty creative with what you can say to a person you think is an idiot, but I'm not here for that. I got the answer I needed.

So good fucking day.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: 2012 April 09, 21:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I won't be replying to any other posts...

So good fucking day.

Sheep noises are insufficient to convey my appreciation. Also, careful the computer doesn't slap you on the way out.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: 2012 April 09, 23:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm beginning to see why her computer is driven to slap her.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: 2012 April 09, 23:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was a virtuoso demonstration of snowflakery. I shall keep it in mind for the next time someone asks me to define the word "entitled".

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: 2012 April 11, 21:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Protip for patchtards: If you really don't want to update, LEARN HOW TO STOP AWESOMEMOD FROM EXPIRING.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
nimmy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: 2012 May 02, 17:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the mac exception raised issue, I got that until I removed Twallan's mods. The story progression is fine, but the careers mod causes that error message to pop up, for me anyway.

Anyway, is anyone having trouble with the "addtrait" command when trying to add eco friendly as a trait? It says target could not be found whenever I try to use it.

Nevermind, all it takes is "Eco."
butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: 2012 May 12, 17:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of questions. First, I've been having trouble with my game freezing and crashing lately. I'm working trying to figure out what is causing it. One thing I noticed that *might* be causing it is when I used the config tool to switch the AwesomeStoryPopCap from zero to one. Could that cause my game to freeze or crash, or does that not ever cause problems? Also... when I used the AwesomeStroyPopCap to stop sims from spawning, I still get sims randomly spawning and filling up empty houses in the neighborhood, (I'm using a custom world.) Is that supposed to happen?

Also, Pescado added the "custom clothing filter is default" to AM a while ago. I see that its in the rtfm, but the option for it isn't listed in the config tool. I've tried clearing my cookies and reseting to defaults, but the feature is still not available. Has it not been added, or is something just wrong with my browser? (I've tried using both IE and GC)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: 2012 May 13, 07:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of questions. First, I've been having trouble with my game freezing and crashing lately. I'm working trying to figure out what is causing it. One thing I noticed that *might* be causing it is when I used the config tool to switch the AwesomeStoryPopCap from zero to one. Could that cause my game to freeze or crash, or does that not ever cause problems?
It SHOULDN'T crash, but that is an awfully low number and may end up fighting with the game's urge to spawn sims.

Also... when I used the AwesomeStroyPopCap to stop sims from spawning, I still get sims randomly spawning and filling up empty houses in the neighborhood, (I'm using a custom world.) Is that supposed to happen?
StoryPopCap only prevents StoryMode from spawning more sims: Other gamesystems, generally from EAxis, still want MOAR SIMS. It's REALLY, REALLY hard to stop the game from spawning anything at all, since they put sources of more spawning absolutely everywhere. The game just does not like the idea of an empty neighborhood, especially if you start doing things where the game expects you to interact with something. In any event, that's not what StoryPopCap is meant to do: That just stops StoryMode from filling up the game in exponential population growth, if, for some reason, your neighborhood is particularly active.

Also, Pescado added the "custom clothing filter is default" to AM a while ago. I see that its in the rtfm, but the option for it isn't listed in the config tool. I've tried clearing my cookies and reseting to defaults, but the feature is still not available. Has it not been added, or is something just wrong with my browser? (I've tried using both IE and GC)
Fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: 2012 May 31, 10:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If AwesomeStoryPopCap is enabled and you get a neighbor preggers, will that sim have a baby or will the AwesomeStoryPopCap prevent the birth?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: 2012 June 01, 03:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The system won't interfere with anything you caused, so the babby will form.

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: 2012 June 08, 07:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I haven't played in ages. Reinstalled everything. Patched everything. Everything works great. Also have awesomeconfig going. Story progression is disabled. But the game is still filling up my damned households with pets. Storymode action information says bupkis though. Just wondering if this is intended EA behavior and if there's anything I can do besides uninstall the pets expack.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: 2012 June 08, 10:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If story progression is disabled you're using EA story progression and YES therefore it is EA behaviour.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: 2012 June 08, 11:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More specifically: awesomedriver is enabled, but story progression ingame is disabled.

Basically I don't want story progression at all, but dogs and cats are flooding my households, and seem to be a seperate behavior. I don't get any story info popup either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: 2012 June 08, 12:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If storyprogression is disabled, then there is no story progression, and therefore, no notifications. If AwesomeDriver is not enabled, then you will use the awful EAxian version when you turn it on, otherwise you use the Awesome version. And I have no idea what you mean by "dogs and cats flooding your household".

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: 2012 June 09, 00:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have awesomestory enabled. But story progression disabled in-game. It's my understanding there should thus be no story progression.

But every time I switch household then come back the household usually has 1-2 cats or dogs.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 09, 04:21:12 by guardianpegasus » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: 2012 June 09, 04:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen this. Is there anything special about the household you're switching to?

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: 2012 June 09, 04:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing that jumps to mind. These were brand new households in a new neighbourhood, in a new install (all EPs and SPs), all patched and up to date. Just switched to another household for about 48 hours. Came back, had two dogs in it. But the dogs still had names as if they were street dogs; "Gabby Little Dog" and "Moonshine Little Dog". Both dogs memory scrapbooks were blank (no idea if that is normal or not, I would imagine some sort of adoption memory). The character/family in question started out life as an NPC, as the consignment store guy but had since been played by me for several weeks game-time.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: 2012 June 09, 07:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that there is an occasional neighborhood "Pet Adoption" event. This event is where a randomly selected fambly ends up with some random temporary animals that your active fambly may adopt. If not adopted, the animals will just disintegrate, but if you mess with the game while the event is in progress, you could break it.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: 2012 June 09, 10:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could your family have been hosting the Pet Adoption? Which leads me to ask, are Chosen inactives exempt?

Edit: Whoops! I missed a page.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 09, 10:54:25 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: