More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:38:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722516 times)
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3225 on: 2011 December 19, 00:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado won't add something to Awesomemod if it's A) something he cares nothing about, and B) something that can be readily found somewhere else.  Same-sex pregnancy fits both categories.
No, he will add something he doesn't really care about if enough people badger him for it.

I'm somehow thinking there won't be a giant mpreg uprising.
True, but people badgered Pescado enough for him to add a Pedo feature to AM.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: 2011 December 19, 02:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was more for the lulz, though. If you could convince him there will be MPREG butthurt (hur, pun), maybe he would go for it.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: 2011 December 19, 04:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since men don't have the necessary equipment to give birth, maybe he could give them the mpreg they want, with the added "bonus" of the babby bursting out and killing the father during delivery.  50 billion alien xenomorphs can't all be wrong.

ETA:  C-section, schmee-section.  ALIEN BABBY BIRTH WOULD BE LULZY.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: 2011 December 19, 12:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims cannot become pregnant if they lack pregmeshes. There isn't actually anything in AwesomeMod that specifically excludes it, but if the game can't find a mesh for the sim, AwesomeMod will interpret this as an error and terminate the erroneous data.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: 2011 December 19, 14:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims cannot become pregnant if they lack pregmeshes. There isn't actually anything in AwesomeMod that specifically excludes it, but if the game can't find a mesh for the sim, AwesomeMod will interpret this as an error and terminate the erroneous data.

Ibce
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: 2011 December 20, 10:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*bashes request button*

The request button is somewhere else, but I shouldn't bother. There is no rational reason for Pescado to add this to Awesome.
*moves two tiles away and keeps bashing* Jk, that was a bit of an unsuspected impulse to request it and I haven't used AM other than for testing and even that was before WA came out. So, I guess, I somehow overlooked the awesomely obvious request thread. *performs seppuku*

Pescado won't add something to Awesomemod if it's A) something he cares nothing about, and B) something that can be readily found somewhere else.  Same-sex pregnancy fits both categories.
Actually, since GEN no same sex pregnancy mods that are available other than Woohooer and werismyki's autonomous romantic socials. Woohooer changes a few options that are unrelated to same sex pregnancy and can not be tuned away, same with werismyki's mod. For now I am using a tuning mod, but it only allows the interaction as a standing social, which gets old after a while.
I'm slowly learning to mod to try and create a mod that would work similarly to lostaccount's (aka darkpool) mod used to work. Might take a while though.
Also,

MFW:

On a side note, I can't care less for male pregnancies in my game as I play female sims exclusively and wouldn't have a use for it.

Hm? Now I'm confused. Does it means with AM female sims can get pregnant from one another in any woohooable location?
Off to test that in a moment.

Also:
Anyways, I got a question: Is it possible for NPCWorkUniformRemovalChance be made as a tuning mod?
Thanks in advance.
I bet the answer is no, but its worth an ask.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: 2011 December 20, 12:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this feature is not enabled by default, because that's tuning-style crap and irrelevant to my interests. However, the underlying code correctly processes the results: If you manage to pollinate a sim with another female sim, your probability of getting a male sim out of this is precisely zero, because nobody involved has a Y chromosome. If you attempt this with two male sims, your probability of getting a female sim is not 50%, but 33%, because XY/XY has a 50% chance of producing XY, 25% of XX, and 25% of YY, but YY isn't viable.

Naturally, you can't pollinate ANY sim that doesn't have a valid pregmorph, including 12s and male sims, unless you install these, because this would result in the sim having no body, and therefore, dying.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: 2011 December 21, 01:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amg. What is with these weirdos? First Claeric with his 'no wimmins' and now IMBEcile with no peen in-game. I really don't get it.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: 2011 December 21, 04:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They want to make sure there's no 'unfair' competition for their self sim.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: 2011 December 21, 08:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They want to make sure there's no 'unfair' competition for their self sim.

Shades of Brynne.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: 2011 December 21, 17:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in all fairness, Puddingland isn't exactly male-rich either, although this is more a consequence of the sims available to populate it rather than any intentional effort at exclusion.

Valerie
Asinine Airhead

My weiner's longer than your's.

View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: 2012 January 03, 15:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this has already been covered in another thread, I searched but yeah. To no avail.
I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late night, Generations, and Pets and my game is patched to version 1.29.55.014001 and my awesomemod is downloaded fresh as of like 5 minutes ago (After which I tested again, another no show for my Sim). I know my mods are working via nointro.package working.
My sim had three toddlers to start out with, got married, had 1 kid, got a new room mate, and then had twins. When the second twin was born, she disappeared, which was unexpected for me because I had awesomemod. I don't have any pets (They show up with the weird animation glitch for me so I'm just waiting that issue out before I adopt any). Is there any sort of tricky trick that I can do to try to see what the issue is that I haven't already tried? (Redownloading patch, redownloading awesomemod, restarting game, fixall) All I need is a box for my main sim to show up like they used to because of the fantastic awesomemod. Please and thank you!

Nevermind! Whilst trying to fix the problem I accidentally messed up my household and like half of it ended up being deleted from the face of the planet. Even with the backup, they were gone. So I'm starting new.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 03, 18:19:27 by Valerie » Logged
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: 2012 January 14, 20:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had to reinstall my game to avoid patch 1.29 (i.e. I don't have patch 1.29 as a result) because of incessant crashing, and I've been trying to find the pre-pets-patch-phail AM, but it gives me a 404 page when I tried to download the 1.24 version mirrors. The beta page also doesn't give a link to the pre-pets-borkage version. So I'm wondering, is the current version of AM ok to use on non-1.29'd games? TIA.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: 2012 January 14, 20:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had to reinstall my game to avoid patch 1.29 (i.e. I don't have patch 1.29 as a result) because of incessant crashing, and I've been trying to find the pre-pets-patch-phail AM, but it gives me a 404 page when I tried to download the 1.24 version mirrors. The beta page also doesn't give a link to the pre-pets-borkage version. So I'm wondering, is the current version of AM ok to use on non-1.29'd games? TIA.

I'll bet if you search for the answer, you'll find it on here.

ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: 2012 January 14, 20:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did look. This is the questions and helpful tips thread; if I had looked and found, I wouldn't ask here. Pes's updates on the AM download page don't include the version for 1.26. He includes one for 1.24, but like I said all the mirror links give a 404 error. And the newest update is for 1.29, the update I want to avoid. Smiley

If you'd like screenshots of my Advanced search results to show me where I might have overlooked something, I'll gladly provide them. TIA.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: 2012 January 15, 00:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously didn't look that hard.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: 2012 January 15, 00:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SEARCH, MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU USE IT?
« Last Edit: 2012 January 15, 00:38:15 by Jeebus » Logged

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: 2012 March 16, 15:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to 'unpark' the game after using the Uninstall command?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: 2012 March 16, 15:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could...keep playing? Uninstall does precisely two things:
1. It resets the world, cancelling every interaction in the game, thus removing all Supreme Commander and other AwesomeMod interactions from the queues, so that no AwesomeMod-based interactions will be in the queue and thus cause your save to choke on load. In this way it is exactly the same thing as resetworld.
2. It pauses your game, so that no further actions occur and you may save and quit.

Obviously, if you unpause your game, all this is invalidated.

Zoan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: 2012 March 25, 19:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
After a while of deliberating, I finally decided to switch to Awesomemod. I went through config and changed all the options to how I like them and am loving the features so far. I just have two questions that I have searched here but have not been able to find the answer to:

1) How do I turn on notifications for story mode actions?
Ive used Twallans mod previously, and it gave me notifies everytime something happened in town that was driven by the story mod. Ive read that awesome does this as well, but Ive played for well over two weeks and havent gotten any notifies. I really dont care if it actually notifies me, I just hope to use this as a validation that the story mode is actually doing stuff.

2) Is there a way to turn off the new item value descriptions?
I looked countless times through config and found no option to toggle the description of items back to the single value 1-10. The reason is that I am simply confused by some of the descriptions. For example, how does the pet bowl give 200hunger/hr and also 5fun/hr??. Last i remember, it only fulfilled the hunger need. Am i missing something here?

Thanks for any help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: 2012 March 25, 20:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) How do I turn on notifications for story mode actions?
Turn on "InformOnStoryAction".

2) Is there a way to turn off the new item value descriptions?
BetterBBObjectInfo.

I looked countless times through config and found no option to toggle the description of items back to the single value 1-10. The reason is that I am simply confused by some of the descriptions. For example, how does the pet bowl give 200hunger/hr and also 5fun/hr??. Last i remember, it only fulfilled the hunger need. Am i missing something here?
The Pet Bowl gives 200 hunger an hour, because that's how fast your pet will refill hunger when eating from it. 5 fun per hour indicates that some interaction on the pet bowl gives fun, but not a lot of it. The "single values" that EAxis uses are basically completely bullshit and indicate ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER, since they are just arbitrary values set by the object creator, and not derived from any in-game value. As such, those values are just flat out WRONG: They don't indicate anything about the object at all, not even its relative value compared to other objects of similar rating. If you toggle this option on and off as you compare objects, you will quickly notice this: Objects with lower "ratings" for a motive are frequently better or the same as those with higher ratings, even within a single class of object. Meanwhile, other values are not indicated at all. In short, if you want to be bullshitted and lied to, go ahead and turn it off.

But ask yourself: Would you rather be given meaningless non-information, or information that may exceed your ability to comprehend but is accurate?

Zoan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: 2012 March 25, 20:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the response. If the objects like the pet bowl do in fact give minor amount of fun, then yeah I would like to see the value. I was simply confused because the old values were very simple and single digit, and the new ones are much more in depth and provide real information. I wasnt sure if the new information was completely relevant to the objects. Additionally im guessing, the bed Comfy/Well rested values provide the information about the moodlet boost you will receive from each bed.

Just one last question for now:

Do the skill difficulty modifications clash in anyway with Twallans Relativity Mod skill deltas? Ive used his relativity mod to make time go a bit slower, but that mod also applies deltas to make skilling up relative to the new speed of time. I set my awesomemod skills and vacation skills to be 2X as diffucult to obtain. Do you know if relativity will apply deltas to the new values set by awesomemod, or to the original default game values? Thanks again for any help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: 2012 March 25, 22:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue. The "relativity" mod does not implement things in a "clean" way, so cannot be supported. It's not actually slowing down time, what it's doing is repeatedly yanking the clock back over and over. This is not a proper way of doing things and may cause glitches.

elansims
Asinine Airhead

INFP, actually

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: 2012 April 07, 22:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The RTFM says compatibility is v1.32 and corresponding expansions.  My game says it's v.1.33.2.  So AM is incompatible w/my game, or I'm a tard and didn't read something.  Which is it?
Kayleena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: 2012 April 08, 03:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still playing my game with 1.29.
After getting the message that my version of AM had expired, I reinstalled, and now my game just sits on the Pets loading screen. The only way to exit is forcing the game to shut down. I'm not really wanting to update, so I was wondering if there was a version of AM for those who want to stay at 1.29.

If not, I guess I could update. The only reason I don't want to is because I've seen LOTS of people complaining about new issues. I've got all expansion and stuff packs up to Pets.
I'm really angry because I was hoping to at least play the game over the weekend, and all I've done is found myself troubleshooting the stupid Exception Raised error on my iMac. So I jumped on my PC to play, updated AM, and now it's like I've been slapped in the face.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: