More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:11:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722476 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3175 on: 2011 November 09, 21:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it making a family or sim sacred turns off some of the aspects of story mode when the family is unselected. They can continue in their job progression but they don't make babies. I think they can still involve themselves in other romance actions around the hood.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: 2011 November 09, 22:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the entire 'hood is affected in that way?  I wonder if that will also affect the pet adoption pool, or being able to breed horses at the Equestrian Center.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: 2011 November 12, 12:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does making a family sacred turn off story progression?  Though I only play one family, I don't want that to happen. 
If I don't make my family sacred, will my 'hood end up being a BFBVFS?
Making a fambly sacred makes them immune to any story progression events. They will have to live out their lives completely manually, without any prodding from the game engine: No being dragooned into careers, no being the actor or target of an EA or AwesomeStory event, etc. It is completely optional and nothing will happen if you do or don't do it. Especailly if you do. Which is sort of the point.

At this point in the time, nothing is known to explode as it has been fixed.

The ACTUAL issue is that Traveler replaces the InWorldState:Startup() function
Wait, what? You can do that? Is there some property about that particular function that enables you to do such a thing, or is there some newfound facility for overwriting any function without a core mod now?

Anyway, I moved the hook to another spot to avoid the conflict.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: 2011 November 12, 21:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least one of Twallens mods is core.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: 2011 November 13, 02:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least one of Twallens mods is core.
He has two core mods, but he clearly states which ones are. Traveller is not.

Flowing with the go.
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: 2011 November 20, 00:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anything been done with the racist trait yet? Perhaps making sims with said trait react to those on other skin sliders or of different general skin shades as they would react to a ghost? I think that sims react to ghosts with disgust more often than fear. I assume it's because ghosts continue to need to eat and digest food, but their bodies are fully transparent.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: 2011 November 25, 21:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, hello.

As you -might- guess, I'm a person to stupid to be able to install Awesomemod correctly. It just keeps on crashing. And failing.  Let me fill you in:

-This is the stuff that I'm not sure about the importance of.
 I have Win7.  As EP's go, I have WA, AMB, and GEN. 80% of my game is pirated. I have no other core mods. I do have other mods. I have game version 0.152 (if that's the part I'm supposed to cite.)

FAIL LOG:
I placed it into /Mods. At first, it -"looks like you have installed an unoffical mod... does not match your current game."
Googled, cleared cache, repeated.
Same error.
I stopped being a showoff and downloaded the main copy (first I tried 1.24). It crashed.
I realized I was being derpy and tried to run it WITHOUT also trying out (for the first time) the NRaas master controller.
It crashed.
Tried to run master controller only.
It crashed.
Tested my game by itself, without the mods.
Worked great.
Removed all of my mods, only placed the awesomemod & config.
Game crashed.
Tried only awesomemod without the config.
Crashed.

Obviously, I'm doing something really fucking wrong.
 Probably something to do with my game version, right? No?
 And yes, I did do searches. I've been trying to install AM for three hours or so now, I think. Most of that was searches, here and other places.

Please don't flame me too badly. I'm not a pro at this, or a modder, or anyone else that knows how to mess with their game properly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: 2011 November 25, 21:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "crashed". If your game CRASHES, even if you attempt to run non-core mods, you probably have Framework Fail somewhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: 2011 November 25, 22:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It loaded about 1/8th (each time) The it CTD'd, with a Windows-based error message (as in, "Sims 3 has stopped working..."). That's pretty much all, really. It did this only with the AM and NRaas master controller, though. It loaded my game with my other non-core mods as normal. (this happened with the latest version)
With the 1.24, I got this error all the time: "It seems you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3."
As I said, this only happened with 1.24.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 26, 05:27:12 by Yzisme » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: 2011 November 25, 22:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.24 is obsolete and not really supported anymore.

Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: 2011 November 26, 05:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A solution was found. It seems at least one of my game patches was fucked up masterfully.
 Someone suggested using http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=3709904&posted=1#post3709904. (It's a patching tool.)

I don't know how this affected the core mod, since I'm not a modder, but hey, it works, and it's...it's.... awesome.

Anyway, I'm just posting this in case someone has the same problem.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 26, 05:27:30 by Yzisme » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: 2011 November 26, 05:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double-post.  Just modify your last post.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: 2011 November 30, 16:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using latest patch, all expansions and 'stuff' packs, all patched, and I can get a FEW mods to work, but not awesomemod, and none of the 'no censor' patches work. (Improved body textures and such do work though)

Its a new computer, running win7 64bit x86, so am not compleatly sure what ive done wrong.(With xp i had no issues)

Its in the path : C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, is this the correct path for win7? (all 'working' mods are in this folder, none of them are core, except awm)

I get no errors, no sign its working / not working or anything.

Someone flametroll me and tell me what I did wrong(Am very new to win7 so don't be too harsh Tongue)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: 2011 November 30, 16:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the cfg file as well? Its the same thing as XP, don't blame 7, PEBCAK.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: 2011 November 30, 17:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, its there. from the 'sims3/(etc) point in the path, the files are all in the same exact places as they are on my xp system.

What I'm wondering is, should I do it the 'old school' way of putting the mods/packages(and framework and such) in the actual install directory like we had to do way back?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: 2011 November 30, 20:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm wondering is, should I do it the 'old school' way of putting the mods/packages(and framework and such) in the actual install directory like we had to do way back?

I have my files set up in the original way on Win7 and awesomemod is working just fine. I did however create a root folder on C: for my game installs, as the C:\Program Files (x86) folder was a pig to manage for permissions and I've read of others having problems with that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: 2011 November 30, 20:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have my files set up in the original way on Win7 and awesomemod is working just fine. I did however create a root folder on C: for my game installs, as the C:\Program Files (x86) folder was a pig to manage for permissions and I've read of others having problems with that.
Is UAC still turned on? UAC is ebil. Turn it off, make your life much easier.

Flowing with the go.
AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: 2011 November 30, 20:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well it worked, and odd note, my edits fail(No edited post appears, just sends me back to first page)

In my defense, the last time i played sims was quite a while back, when it was better overall to just drop all package files into the mydoc/blahbha/sim3 folder rather than the installs.

Anyways, it works now for the most part Tongue (No 30foot gout of flame, or random implosions in the computer room)

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: 2011 November 30, 22:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What *exactly* does the "NoCommunityStalkerSwarm" feature do?  Does it just limit the number of Townies that show up on community lots, or does it disable them completely?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: 2011 November 30, 22:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever notice how when your active sim goes somewhere so does everyone else? That's what that is. Someone didn't RTFM.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: 2011 November 30, 22:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just RTFM again -- without speed reading this time.  Sorry, I had teh dumb.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: 2011 December 03, 03:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it disables the stalker behavior: Lots will no longer react to your sim's presence, remaining empty or full depending on the characteristic of the lots, ignoring the behavior of your sim: You can now go to an empty, quiet place and not be immediately stalked by the a fresh mob of stalkers.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: 2011 December 06, 11:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim parents in my current family got the "opportunity" to go on a free vacation the last time I played. I declined as I remember people saying that when parents returned their inventories were empty and that their opportunities had been cancelled.
I know the patch notes state that the inventory emptying was fixed but do Sims still lose their opportunities upon return?
More importantly, does AM fix these issues, if in fact they are still issues?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: 2011 December 07, 01:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're side effects of how EAxis implements this "feature", which basically involves deleting your sim temporarily in the same way homeless sims are deleted when they return home. The process is destructive to any data stored on the character instance. AwesomeMod does not presently alter this feature, because, quite frankly, I'm not seeing the purpose of this option, as you do not actually get to GO on a vacation.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: 2011 December 07, 03:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The parents "go on vacation" so that you can play as a teen and throw a party while the parents are away. If you played the parents on vacation, then you would not be able to access the teen and potential party. Unless there's a way to make the "go on vacation" let you go on vacation with the parents and then, upon finishing the vacation, you returned to the town on the day they left to play as the leftover family.

Flowing with the go.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: