More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:52:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722561 times)
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3150 on: 2011 November 02, 19:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the TS3W application, and I seemed to be doing things well enough up until 1.26 happened.  That being said, I'm going to see if a nice reinstall might make it shape up.
Sars, I found that completely uninstalling every mod, redownloading AM and configuring it using the web-based configurer, and not using the AM-updating launcher works, and that using the launcher causes AM to break. Give it a test, report back with your findings.

Sorry, I've been a long time in responding, but I tried your suggestion this morning and sadly it didn't work.  Again, I haven't had problems due to Doing It Wrong in the past, and I re-installed everything in the same place that I've always installed it, but I still can't manage to bypass the NoCD check.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 2011 November 02, 21:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the TS3W application, and I seemed to be doing things well enough up until 1.26 happened.  That being said, I'm going to see if a nice reinstall might make it shape up.
Sars, I found that completely uninstalling every mod, redownloading AM and configuring it using the web-based configurer, and not using the AM-updating launcher works, and that using the launcher causes AM to break. Give it a test, report back with your findings.

Sorry, I've been a long time in responding, but I tried your suggestion this morning and sadly it didn't work.  Again, I haven't had problems due to Doing It Wrong in the past, and I re-installed everything in the same place that I've always installed it, but I still can't manage to bypass the NoCD check.
Have you tried using Twallian NoCD?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 2011 November 03, 00:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using Twallian NoCD?

Yeah, and that didn't work either.  After "fixing" my game through darker and more shameful means, however, I have found that none of my CC wants to show up.  This sounds a lot like something that's been mentioned in several other threads, so I'll go look over there.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 2011 November 05, 23:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to get a sim to sculpt only in a specific medium, or only do one specific sculpture, when using the Sculpt task in Supreme Commander?

Officially Weird
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 2011 November 05, 23:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not presently. The sculpt task picks the medium based on what is needed to fulfill wants, quests, and achievements, and there is no specific selection of sculpture, so the game just picks one randomly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3155 on: 2011 November 06, 18:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a family is Chosen with AM, does that include the horses? As in - they cannot breed while not being played? I had the oddest thing, a family I hadn't played for some time appeared in the screen with an extra three foals. But when I went into the household, there was simply the Sim and her horse, and the horse was not pregnant.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 2011 November 07, 00:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeStory does not affect animals in any way. You probably saw a lookalike horse or something.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: 2011 November 07, 02:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think inactive families with pets spawn babies randomly, so that you can "look for adoptions around town" or something. I know I put a horse in a family in Bridgeport, and while I was playing another family, the other family asked my active family if they wanted to adopt their new baby horse. I switched back to the other house, and saw that there were greyed out relationships with completely random foals that were nowhere to be found.

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 2011 November 07, 04:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, lovely. There's a fine mess, it will infinitely spam, and then not clean up, the resulting temporary pets, presumably because the fambly then ate them as meat, which is why they are dead.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: 2011 November 07, 05:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the only horse in town. The town was a city, so (as far as I know) there were no wild horses.Thus, I must assume parthenogenesis occured, and that, yes, the family ate the foals after. Four of the foals spawned within the span of a single sim day. I really hope there's a cap.

Flowing with the go.
graccichen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 2011 November 07, 07:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any suggestions as to why aweconf is not working in my game?

It is in the right place, with newest 1.26 awesomemod (which is working). I have deleted the cache files, tried starting a new game, and it is the only copy of aweconf on my computer. But no matter how many times I redownload it, the changes aren't showing up in the game (e.g. no autosave, no robotic hand of god). Opened it up and the xml looks fine. What is going on?
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 2011 November 07, 07:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My config is working fine, but my game still doesn't autosave with it enabled. Maybe I should have mentioned that before, but it's insignificant to me.

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 2011 November 07, 07:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your config file isn't loading, you are doing it wrong. Period.

BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 2011 November 07, 16:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just discussion here. Awesomemod got a mention on Rock, Paper, Shotgun today Smiley

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/05/mods-and-ends-the-sims-3/

I can't believe there are that many "old" simmers who didn't know about it, but from the comments, there are.
graccichen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 2011 November 07, 17:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any suggestions as to why aweconf is not working in my game?

It is in the right place, with newest 1.26 awesomemod (which is working). I have deleted the cache files, tried starting a new game, and it is the only copy of aweconf on my computer. But no matter how many times I redownload it, the changes aren't showing up in the game (e.g. no autosave, no robotic hand of god). Opened it up and the xml looks fine. What is going on?

It appears it was conflicting with Nraas Traveler. Removed offending mod, aweconf now loading fine.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: 2011 November 07, 18:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears it was conflicting with Nraas Traveler. Removed offending mod, aweconf now loading fine.
Are you sure? I don't notice any problems with both installed.

Flowing with the go.
graccichen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 2011 November 08, 05:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure? I don't notice any problems with both installed.

I'm sure. Tested my mods folder by removing then adding back by halves and it was the definitive cause. No idea why though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: 2011 November 08, 06:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes no sense at all. Why would a Twallanian mod include a conflicting XML?

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 2011 November 08, 06:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't at all. I just looked in the Traveler package with s3pe, and there is only a single, itty-bitty xml in it that only mentions a "kInstantiator value," which is not mentioned at all in the config. The rest of the files are STBLs translated into many languages.

Flowing with the go.
graccichen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 2011 November 08, 07:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't at all. I just looked in the Traveler package with s3pe, and there is only a single, itty-bitty xml in it that only mentions a "kInstantiator value," which is not mentioned at all in the config. The rest of the files are STBLs translated into many languages.

Bizarre, I know, but I've tested it seven ways 'til Sunday and it's the only thing that's producing the fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: 2011 November 08, 10:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only explanation I can think of for this is that the Traveller mod is deeply broken, and the static init bootstrap method is producing an uncaught exception which is then derailing the rest of tuninginit. The other possibiility is that the TGI for the bootstrap XML somehow has a collision, but this is astronomically unlikely, so the first case seems to be the plausible case. You should report this finding to Twallan and tell him to try/catch the entire mess. If this is happening, it could be doing serious damage to your game if many of the tuning files don't ever load properly.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: 2011 November 08, 21:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the AM thread:

Fixes "Dead Pet Spam" that afflicts any inactive lot: Sacred will now prevent these events from affecting your pets at all, and the game should properly clean up the dangling gubbins.

Does this mean we have to make our family sacred?
« Last Edit: 2011 November 09, 02:02:20 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 2011 November 09, 10:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want sims in that neighborhood to have spawning pets while you are not playing them, yes. In the event that you do not attend the adoption event, the resulting pets will be ungenerated cleanly, instead of leaving behind dead pets.

twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 2011 November 09, 19:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only explanation I can think of for this is that the Traveller mod is deeply broken, and the static init bootstrap method is producing an uncaught exception which is then derailing the rest of tuninginit.

The ACTUAL issue is that Traveler replaces the InWorldState:Startup() function, in which Awesome has added a call to Main.WorldInitialize().

When Traveler is installed, that routine is not called, causing glorious confusion for Awesome.

The documentation for Traveler has been updated to state that it is NOT compatible with this Core-Mod.

Smiley
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 2011 November 09, 20:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want sims in that neighborhood to have spawning pets while you are not playing them, yes. In the event that you do not attend the adoption event, the resulting pets will be ungenerated cleanly, instead of leaving behind dead pets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does making a family sacred turn off story progression?  Though I only play one family, I don't want that to happen. 

If I don't make my family sacred, will my 'hood end up being a BFBVFS?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: