More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:40:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722586 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3075 on: 2011 August 17, 04:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naming the fambly home does not stop them from moving out and hasn't done for a long time.

Unless you've fixed it in the last few months.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: 2011 August 17, 05:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh believe me, the situation with the Billingsly family has been one of much humor and fun for me and despite her fetal addiction, Sarah still maintains a good figure and holds up well!  I was more concerned that this would get completely out of control neighborhood-wide so with your sage advice, I shall attempt the re-naming of the homes and sell off some of those cribs. (Guarantee, she'll get pollinated in the process)
 For being a metropolitan area, Bridgeport is not terribly population-friendly and as I've increased the YA and A lifespans significantly, I foresaw a potential for insanity/borkedness in the future.
 I love the Awesome and quite literally worry that one day you'll tire of this or something else and we'll lose it forever.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 17, 06:14:48 by jonas » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: 2011 August 17, 06:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any news on why my buffs are not working? I'm still getting the no "buff entry data" located.
Your buffs are not working because your CustomClass is corrupted. Since the CustomClass cannot be loaded, your buff fails to initialize as loading. Check that you have spelled the assembly name and class correctly: These things are case sensitive and you may have done something wonky. The feature works fine for me, so I know it's working: Removing the CustomClass tag causes your buffs to recognize as they no longer depend on this bad data.

Naming the fambly home does not stop them from moving out and hasn't done for a long time.
Looks working to me: Note that for an example fambly, say "Goth", naming the house "Goth" will not work, while "Goth Manor" will. You are probably doing something silly and Poofslike.

Oh believe me, the situation with the Billingsly family has been one of much humor and fun for me and despite her fetal addiction, Sarah still maintains a good figure and holds up well!
Yeah, fortunately unlike real life, sims don't manage to ever damage themselves from shoving out all that crotchfruit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: 2011 August 18, 20:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a new assembly and new custom classes and they finally show up. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Is it possible to add social actions with Awesomemod? I looked at the code and "SocialData" and "Socializing" XMLs are supposed to work just as traits, skills, buffs, and books are loaded. I tried creating my "SocialData" XML, but the interactions didn't show up. So, I used the "socialinfo" cheat and that didn't work either. The cheat does nothing at all. It doesn't pop up saying "Social Not Found."
« Last Edit: 2011 August 21, 21:59:37 by simsmx » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: 2011 August 24, 00:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Socials can be plugged in with the same method, but Socials are so ridiculously complicated now that even I haven't completely researched it, so don't emulate what I have there, it's got a lot of unfixed legacy stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wnivre
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: 2011 August 29, 03:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ScaleJobProgressToAging
ScaleAmbitionsProgressToAging
ScaleSkillDifficultyToAging

When you say that it will be scaled to aging/age length, does this mean that it will take the amount of days you have set for a sims's lifespan in order to gain 1 skill or promotion? Or is it the total time it will take to max out the entire skill/job?

Example.
Sims lifespan set to 90 days.
It will take 90 days of skill activity to gain one skill point?
Or.
It will take total 90 days to max out the skill?
Or is it something else?

Would enabling these automatically always increase the amount of time it will take to achieve anything?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: 2011 August 29, 08:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal Aging is the baseline, so if you set your scale to more than Normal, it will multiply it by the same amount as the increased age lengths.

sanscript
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: 2011 August 29, 22:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new computer so I can finally play The Sims again. Went to download Delphy's Install Helper Monkey and encountered a weird message saying I don't have access to the page, despite being logged in to Mod The Sims. I have already found a way to get the program elsewhere, I'm just wondering if it will still work with the current incarnation of Awesome Mod? I don't want to blow up my game before I've started it.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: 2011 August 29, 22:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new computer so I can finally play The Sims again. Went to download Delphy's Install Helper Monkey and encountered a weird message saying I don't have access to the page, despite being logged in to Mod The Sims. I have already found a way to get the program elsewhere, I'm just wondering if it will still work with the current incarnation of Awesome Mod? I don't want to blow up my game before I've started it.

It was removed because it's obsolete, search moar.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: 2011 September 10, 19:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever happened to "babyboom"?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: 2011 September 10, 23:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't an AwesomeMod feature, so if it no longer exists, that is because EAxis removed it.

Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: 2011 September 11, 12:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still exists as I used it for the first time a few days ago.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
mininessie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: 2011 September 11, 22:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can anyone explain to me what the Awesome CAS Relationship Rules are like what can i do with it enabled i know it gives me more weird relations ship connections like ya be the child of adult but i would like a whole list of available connects with it enabled
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: 2011 September 11, 23:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: 2011 September 11, 23:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generally, people have to understand what you're saying if you want them to help you.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: 2011 September 12, 05:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the AwesomeMod CAS rules instead, any biological relationship that you could create legally in-game should be available with the right finagling, while any relationship that is impossible given your aging rules will thus not be enabled. The valid relationships are determined procedurally, and starting ages affected accordingly.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: 2011 September 30, 22:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an AM console command which allows for the wearing of multiplle accessories that share a catagory such as having a Sim wear multiple rings on the same hand at once? I swear I read there was in a post a few days ago but I cannot for the life of me find it again and it's not for the lack of searching.
The list of commands on the wiki mentions nothing of the sort either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: 2011 October 01, 02:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "allowmultiwear" code enables this. Be warned that this is extremely dangerous and may crash your game, however, and therefore, only certain categories of item are allowed to even attempt this on.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: 2011 October 02, 15:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would rings that don't sit on the same finger be safe enough to use this on then?
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: 2011 October 14, 04:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Twallan, CRAP happens to be a small-scale version of the Pets EP. I was just wondering if Pescado has looked into the coding available for viewing in the demo to prepare Awesome for the full EP.

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: 2011 October 16, 10:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. The process of upgrading AwesomeMod is, ideally, mostly performed by computer anyway, so there is no value in examining fake code.

Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: 2011 October 18, 10:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick heads up - The Pets EP is starting to appear on Arrrr websites. Haven't grabbed it yet, but I assume it's almost a certainty that it'll not work with AM straight away.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: 2011 October 18, 15:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New patch that downloaded yesterday is not compatible with AM. I get the AM warning when starting my game up. Just an FYI I haven't downloaded Pets yet.

meh.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: 2011 October 18, 15:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New patch that downloaded yesterday is not compatible with AM. I get the AM warning when starting my game up. Just an FYI I haven't downloaded Pets yet.

Thank you for warning us that a new patch won't work with an older Awesomemod.  This is indeed a startling turn of events.  What would we ever have done without you?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: 2011 October 18, 15:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol! I was just thinking to myself, DON'T Do IT! : P

meh.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »