More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:33:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722497 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3050 on: 2011 August 01, 04:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have fixed the custombooks-bookstore issue. However, the issue you're getting with the assembly-keyed method is CAUSED BY YOUR STUPIDITY.

You see, you named your assembly "SimsMxBooks"...which means the CORRECT book file would be "SimsMxBooksBooks". In the process of trying to track down why YOURS didn't work, I discovered that YOU ARE AN IDIOT, so I added a kludge to also load just the raw file in the event that you somehow named the assembly something ending in "Books". BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: 2011 August 02, 03:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, the general and fishing books are now loaded correctly and my Sims can buy them at the bookstore. However, skill books are not recognized by the library, nor the bookstore.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: 2011 August 02, 04:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible that they aren't recognized because they are for non-valid skills? Do they work in other tests?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: 2011 August 02, 08:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at all this helpful advice. It's got to be worth $10, right?

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: 2011 August 02, 23:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They used to work before you updated (when I was using the old "CustomBooksXX" method), but now they don't show up (I've tried both methods: old and assembly). They are skill books for hidden skills like Arcade Machine, VideoGames, Snake Charming, etc.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: 2011 August 03, 04:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try now.

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: 2011 August 04, 20:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works now, thanks for the help.

rohina, here's $7.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: 2011 August 05, 05:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give your money to Pescado, not me.

pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: 2011 August 05, 20:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi,

i've been using awesomemod for some time now and i am absolutely content but one little thing annoys me: all meals are available at any time, so my sim can eat turkey at breakfast Sad is it possible to turn off this feature? thx a lot.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: 2011 August 05, 20:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi,

i've been using awesomemod for some time now and i am absolutely content but one little thing annoys me: all meals are available at any time, so my sim can eat turkey at breakfast Sad is it possible to turn off this feature? thx a lot.

That's the whole point, you can eat whatever you want at anytime, just like IRL.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: 2011 August 05, 20:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is already set up so that you can eat any food at any time.  You just can't cook it at any time.  Even without Awesomemod, your sims will skip whatever breakfast foods you have prepared and go for the leftover spaghetti in the morning if you leave them to their own devices.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: 2011 August 06, 11:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is already set up so that you can eat any food at any time.  You just can't cook it at any time.  Even without Awesomemod, your sims will skip whatever breakfast foods you have prepared and go for the leftover spaghetti in the morning if you leave them to their own devices.

yes i know that but i think the menu is quite confusing nevertheless. i liked the EAxian way when certain meals are only available at a certain day time. is there a way to turn off the feature to cook them at any time?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: 2011 August 06, 11:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not at the moment, because, frankly, it's stupid, and made it really annoying to complete quests that required it...for absolutely no good reason, seeing as there is no real life analogous force that magically prevents you from making any damn food you wish any time you please.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: 2011 August 06, 15:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes i know that but i think the menu is quite confusing nevertheless. i liked the EAxian way when certain meals are only available at a certain day time. is there a way to turn off the feature to cook them at any time?

Given that you don't capitalize the personal pronoun "I", I am guessing that you spend your day in a fog of confusion as it is.  That menu must make your brain bleed with all its choices.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3064 on: 2011 August 07, 12:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way in AM to turn off teen mood swing notifications? They are completely unrelated to what is happening in the game and simply annoying.

EG teen in house alone - parents off on one of those silly entrapment-weekends - he has no intention of throwing a teen party - and he gets a mood swing message - the whole household is in uproar because of it, it says. Gah! WHAT whole household?

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: 2011 August 08, 02:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I'm done with custom books, I'm trying to make custom traits and moodlets.

I've managed to get my traits to load successfully. However, my moodlets are not working. Everytime I load the game I get a "Flagrant System Error," I have attached the error log.

I'm using the same assembly I used for my traits (as these moodlets are going to be related to the traits) if that matters. Below is the XML, I'm using:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<buffs>
 <BuffList>
  <Hex></Hex>
  <SKU>BaseGame</SKU>
  <BuffName></BuffName>
  <BuffDescription></BuffDescription>
  <BuffHelpText></BuffHelpText>
  <ThumbFilename></ThumbFilename>
  <AxisEffected></AxisEffected>
  <EffectValue></EffectValue>
  <DelayTimer>0</DelayTimer>
  <TimeoutLength></TimeoutLength>
  <PermaMoodlet>False</PermaMoodlet>
  <PermaMoodletColor></PermaMoodletColor>
  <PolarityOverride>NoOverride</PolarityOverride>
  <SolveCommodity></SolveCommodity>
  <AttemptAutoSolve>False</AttemptAutoSolve>
  <SolveTime></SolveTime>
  <Stackable>False</Stackable>
  <IsExtreme>False</IsExtreme>
  <FacialIdle></FacialIdle>
  <IncreasedEffectiveness></IncreasedEffectiveness>
  <ReducedEffectiveness></ReducedEffectiveness>
  <CustomClassName></CustomClassName>
  <Topic></Topic>
  <ShowBallon>True</ShowBallon>
  <Travel>False</Travel>
  <DisallowedOccults></DisallowedOccults>
  <JazzStateSuffix></JazzStateSuffix>
 </BuffList>
 <BuffList>
  <Hex>CustomBuff1=0x6283c82173468974</Hex>
  <BuffName>CustomBuff1</BuffName>
  <BuffDescription>CustomBuff1Description</BuffDescription>
  <ThumbFilename>moodlet_readAMasterpiece</ThumbFilename>
  <AxisEffected>Happy</AxisEffected>
  <EffectValue>0</EffectValue>
  <PolarityOverride>Positive</PolarityOverride>
 </BuffList>
 <BuffList>
  <Hex>CustomBuff2=0x76085706fe7ca9a4</Hex>
  <BuffName>CustomBuff2</BuffName>
  <BuffDescription>CustomBuff2Description</BuffDescription>
  <ThumbFilename>moodlet_outofsorts</ThumbFilename>
  <AxisEffected>Angry</AxisEffected>
  <EffectValue>0</EffectValue>
  <PolarityOverride>Negative</PolarityOverride>
 </BuffList>
</buffs>

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: 2011 August 08, 03:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't include the "0x" part of the Hex. The moodlet and trait thing definitely works fine, because I use it in the Undiscovered Shinies that Fat Gwilly People haven't asked for. Note, however, that traits and moodlets won't *DO* anything unless you put in code that makes them actually function.

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: 2011 August 08, 05:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed the "0x" part and I'm still getting the "Flagrant System Error." Obviously "buffinfo" refuses to find them. It's weird because custom traits load fine (i.e. "traitinfo" finds them and I can add/remove them with "add/droptrait.")

Edit: "buffinfo" says: "BuffName for 'CustomBuff1' found, but no buffentry data was located." What am I missing?

I have another question, how are commodities defined? None of the awesome traits uses them (except Incontinent, which uses "Bladder"). I've tried adding a commodity to my traits and that kept the trait from working. I also tried the method described here (see code below), but it seems outdated and when using it the game crashes.

Code:
  <CommodityKind>
    <Name></Name>
    <Hex></Hex>
  </CommodityKind>
« Last Edit: 2011 August 09, 02:18:53 by simsmx » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: 2011 August 10, 13:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YOu need to add a field <Version>1.0</Version> to the header part of the Buffs entry file. Don't actually use it anywhere else, just put it in the top like is done in awesometraits. Dunno about the commodity thing offhand. Don't think there presently is a method as nothing uses it.

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: 2011 August 10, 14:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding that stopped the "Flagrant Sytem Error," but "buffinfo" keeps telling no buff entry data was located. I tried renaming the XML to "AwesomeBuffs," just to check if there was a problem with my assembly, but "buffinfo" gave me the same messsage. I've also made and added custom classes to the buffs, but that didn't work either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: 2011 August 11, 01:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you're definitely doing it wrong, because it's working perfectly for me. Show me your current file?

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: 2011 August 11, 11:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here it is.

Edit:
Is there any news on why my buffs are not working? I'm still getting the no "buff entry data" located.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 18, 01:32:55 by simsmx » Logged
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: 2011 August 16, 10:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sarah Billingsly is a clown car.

I know this is my fault.  I placed the cribs and the beds.  Quite a few of them actually, to keep them from moving out to a different home when I switch families. But, I don't switch families anymore.  If I do, Sarah will get pollinated again like she has 10 times.  It's 11 children altogether now because I originally had her adopt my vampire's child.  I have the "more than 8 sims" on because I dig large families/parties and have a computer that can handle it.
 Wasn't expecting 10 though.  Before the patch, every sim had their icon at the side, but now I have to find most of the family members to select them.  I just sent 8 children to boarding school because of the madness.
 I don't do the falcon punch...yet.  I'm thinking about killing the father.

I'm writing, because I know I'm doing something wrong. I've searched and know people have had issues with little reproduction happening in the past.  Saw no point in necromancing those threads. As I mentioned, I don't mind the large families and the majority of my homes have 2+ cribs and plenty of beds in them.  Is that the problem?  I'm wary of removing the beds, because they shift homes so easily to spawn if I do, but, Sarah's brother next door is already on his 6th child...and there are others. 

I know it used to be that if we gave the home the family name, they would be significantly less likely to move away. That doesn't seem to happen anymore. I used to be able to control their pollination better with cribs and such, but now that also seems different.  Is there a limit where I can take out the cribs and they'll stop?  Also, do the # of beds have to exactly match the # of household members?   

« Last Edit: 2011 August 16, 10:14:51 by jonas » Logged
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: 2011 August 16, 12:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children and up require beds. Toddlers and below require cribs. Babies can be spawned as long as cribs are available, even if beds are not available. When the babies grow up and require beds, the fambly then decides to pack up and move.

Also note that AM has a population cap setting.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: 2011 August 17, 03:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it used to be that if we gave the home the family name, they would be significantly less likely to move away.
That feature is still in place, but it doesn't prevent individual members of the fambly from moving OUT once they grow up, and it is possible for a house to thus become vacated because all of the original residents died.

But yes, if you take out the cribs, and prevent them from leaving as above, they will stop. Of course, every neighborhood needs a resident clowncar, right?

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: