More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:07:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722665 times)
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2950 on: 2011 March 25, 17:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question regarding the population cap configuration. I have it currently set at 75 and the town I'm playing has some 85 residents. As soon as I enabled Story Progression a couple was moved into town for no apparent reason. They are neither co-workers nor do they hold any of the roles, the only thing that qualified them was that they had enough cash to afford a home. I didn't even know that they existed. Short of deleting the fridges in empty houses or killing all the homeless is there any other way to prevent this from happening?
If not, can I turn this into a request to have a no-immigration option?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: 2011 March 26, 00:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question regarding the population cap configuration. I have it currently set at 75 and the town I'm playing has some 85 residents.
Yes, which means the system will not reproduce more sims until you are once again below cap.

As soon as I enabled Story Progression a couple was moved into town for no apparent reason.
They didn't "move into town" for no apparent reason. They had always existed, and so they were put into the town.

They are neither co-workers nor do they hold any of the roles, the only thing that qualified them was that they had enough cash to afford a home. I didn't even know that they existed. Short of deleting the fridges in empty houses or killing all the homeless is there any other way to prevent this from happening?
If not, can I turn this into a request to have a no-immigration option?
There isn't immigration. Those sims always existed, they just weren't immediately visible because you didn't notice them. The system did not spawn any actual new sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: 2011 March 26, 06:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, it is as I suspected, that the pop cap only refers to baby production, right? And if I want the homeless to remain homeless my only way to achieve this is to not have any homes on offer, by either demolishing empty houses or making them uninhabitable.
If that is the case I have a small problem to report then. In several games I've had so far, there was an issue with roled homeless Sims and it mostly happened at around 11 a.m. when the first bars are about to open. From time to time it happened that mixologists that were on their way to work were suddenly hijacked by SP and moved into town as residents. It seemed as if they had lost their role for a short moment on being spawned and therefore fell prey to move-ins. The game, however does not replace these with some other homeless but generates a new homeless mixologist. So, in the end I have an increased pool of homeless Sims, plus more residents, who, btw, are mostly useless as most of the pre-made homeless, at least in Bridgeport, have less than 5 traits, no skills and quite often lack a LTW - meaning that they'll just hang around town doing nothing.
lsmithiii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: 2011 March 30, 06:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just wondering how to get nectaring on supreme commander to work ? I've tried making my sim use nectar machines before and filling his inventory up with fruit but it keeps complaining 'no nectaring items available

I searched and this is the only topic I can find related to my question/request. I'm not showing that it was ever answered. I'm showing a skill in nectaring in SC but no option to have them make nectar. I was only able to get the skilling to work with the skill books. I would like to have a SC command to have them make nectar. I think if it used a similar engine to the fish for command we could have it set to use 1 of the recipes they have already used.   
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: 2011 April 09, 06:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just wondering how to get nectaring on supreme commander to work ? I've tried making my sim use nectar machines before and filling his inventory up with fruit but it keeps complaining 'no nectaring items available

I searched and this is the only topic I can find related to my question/request. I'm not showing that it was ever answered. I'm showing a skill in nectaring in SC but no option to have them make nectar. I was only able to get the skilling to work with the skill books. I would like to have a SC command to have them make nectar. I think if it used a similar engine to the fish for command we could have it set to use 1 of the recipes they have already used.   
My question is similar to the one above mine. In my current hood there's a non-played Sim with the "Bottomless Nectar Cellar" LTW. Accordingly, AM made it join the self-employed nectar making skill career. Will this actually work or will this Sim inevitably face poverty and then eviction? At least I haven't got any further notice that this Sim is made to advance its career apart from skilling gardening.
bbkdude
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: 2011 April 13, 05:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the "No Idiotic Time Restrictions on Cooking" mod?

I have read the readme and searched the forums but haven't found out if this is possible to accomplish.  The readme and/or auto config tool don't give an option to enable or disable this.

Is it possible to turn it off?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: 2011 April 13, 06:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the "No Idiotic Time Restrictions on Cooking" mod?

I have read the readme and searched the forums but haven't found out if this is possible to accomplish.  The readme and/or auto config tool don't give an option to enable or disable this.

This has been asked before. Short answer: No. If you don't like your sims cooking hamburgers in the morning, just don't tell them to cook hamburgers in the morning. It does you no harm to have all the options available to you, and Pescado has said he does not intend to change it.
bbkdude
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: 2011 April 13, 06:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been asked before. Short answer: No. If you don't like your sims cooking hamburgers in the morning, just don't tell them to cook hamburgers in the morning. It does you no harm to have all the options available to you, and Pescado has said he does not intend to change it.
Ah, I completely understand.  I do wish that option could be toggled.  I did, however, forget to mention that I have a butler.  I have no control over what she cooks.  I suppose the only solution is to fire her, eh?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: 2011 April 13, 17:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, since money is so easy to come by in-game and butlers are generally in the employ of the rich, whenever she makes something inappropriate, throw it out and mark its cost as one of the costs of employing a butler. (I've never had a butler on one of my lots, so whether this would throw the butler into a tizzy of constantly cooking I do not know.)
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: 2011 April 14, 01:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, however, forget to mention that I have a butler.  I have no control over what she cooks. 

I know of a mod that can make your Butler cook less, and there are options to change the price of the butler (increase or decrease). Let me know if you would be interested.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: 2011 April 14, 12:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched the thread for keyword: Crib, but feel my question still needs to be asked...

Do I really need to put cribs in houses in order for Sims to have kids? Honestly, that seems a bit ...stupid.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: 2011 April 14, 12:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched the thread for keyword: Crib, but feel my question still needs to be asked...

Do I really need to put cribs in houses in order for Sims to have kids? Honestly, that seems a bit ...stupid.

Why? Do you leave all your newborns lying around on the floor or something?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: 2011 April 14, 12:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is it stupid? Babies need cribs but sims aren't generally smart enough to purchase/place them on their own. Plus, it's a good way to maintain at least a semblance of control regarding the number of births in your town, and who produces them, without having to manually direct background breeding.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: 2011 April 14, 14:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coltraz apparently slept in a dresser drawer when he was an infant.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: 2011 April 14, 14:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it. My bed for the first six months of my life was inside a meat safe.

Of course we did live in a malaria area.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: 2011 April 14, 21:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, there is nothing better for an infant than a good, warm manger.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Forsaken Horizon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: 2011 April 20, 22:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry and please don't kill me ..but I don't know how to install the awesomemod. I just don't get it. And I already used the search-option.
I just made it to step two. And I'm not even sure if I get step one.
1. I downloaded "framework.zip" and unziped it into the main-folder of the base game and WA and Ambitions.
And now as step 2 I should copy a "d3dx9_31.dll" Huh (what's that? and: where can I find it? it was not at the framework's stuff) into the Game>Bin folder
 of the base game, WA and Ambitions. ( Embarrassed is that right?)
And if I solved this problem I just have to download the awesomemod and unzip it only in the sims 3 base game folder. (?)
And as the last step I have to copy 'Resource.cfg' (Oh no.. Do you mean the 'Resource.cfg' from the framework? From "Sims 3>Mods>Files"?) and paste it into the sims3 base game folder?
That's it? I hope it's not to annoying to help me, I just had to ask anyone.  Undecided This whole thing makes no sense to me..
(And sorry for my bad english as well)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: 2011 April 20, 22:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You failed the AwesomemodIQ Scan (TM) and have been deemed too stupid to use it. Have a nice day.

Forsaken Horizon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: 2011 April 20, 22:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I will give it up ^^' But thank you
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: 2011 April 20, 22:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it when they get all cheerful when you spork them.  WHERE IS OUR RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: 2011 April 23, 07:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really dig this aspect of the Awesome, actually. It's a great method of control for the neighborhood and is very easy to change.  It helps keeps the sims I don't want reproducing from pollinating in Story mode.  Also, when I put a large number of cribs in the house, the parents appear to have kids more frequently.  I'm not certain this is the case as I haven't properly checked, but it sure seems that way and I like it!
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: 2011 April 25, 01:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a command to completely reset the selected sims relationships? ie, make him/her not know anyone?
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: 2011 April 25, 04:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe moving them out to the Bin and then moving them back into town?  I know it happens somehow, but it is usually regarded as a bad side-effect; sorry to be no actual help - but I know it is possible to achieve.
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: 2011 April 25, 23:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe moving them out to the Bin and then moving them back into town?  I know it happens somehow, but it is usually regarded as a bad side-effect; sorry to be no actual help - but I know it is possible to achieve.

Thank you. That actually worked in fixing my bugged out sim who wasn't able to propose or be proposed to.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: 2011 April 26, 02:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really dig this aspect of the Awesome, actually. It's a great method of control for the neighborhood and is very easy to change.  It helps keeps the sims I don't want reproducing from pollinating in Story mode.  Also, when I put a large number of cribs in the house, the parents appear to have kids more frequently.  I'm not certain this is the case as I haven't properly checked, but it sure seems that way and I like it!
Well, that does make sense as both babies and toddlers require cribs. Baby/toddler combined stage lasts approximately 9 days in normal aging speed with Rule of 6. Gestation is three days. Presumably, if you have at least three cribs and requisite beds for spawn to move into after crib stage, the clowncar can spawn continuously (not allowing for *lol* twinz *sparkle* *sparkle*).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: