More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:06:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1735225 times)
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2875 on: 2011 January 10, 13:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh...So I have to patch?

Yes.

Is there any way to find like, past versions of AwesomeMod?

No. El Presidente believes in burning the bridges and never looking back.
CatalystToChange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: 2011 January 10, 13:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh...So I have to patch?

Yes.

Is there any way to find like, past versions of AwesomeMod?

No. El Presidente believes in burning the bridges and never looking back.
Thank you for your help. ^ ^ I just searched again and found the answer...I really didn't look hard enough. My bad. But thank you anyway. Smiley
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: 2011 January 10, 15:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any command that lets you set the muscle tone for a sim, similar to "setfitness" or "setfatness"?

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: 2011 January 10, 18:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

editsim?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2879 on: 2011 January 10, 19:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: Is AwesomeMod going to support Sims Medieval when it comes out?  Because I already have a few complaints.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: 2011 January 10, 19:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find this very unlikely, although it is possible an AwesomeMod for that might be made...IF THEY EVER BOTHER TO MAKE THE GAME, SEEING AS THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: 2011 January 10, 20:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: Is AwesomeMod going to support Sims Medieval when it comes out?  Because I already have a few complaints.

Oh yes, I just BET you have.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: 2011 January 10, 22:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am on tenterhooks to find out what insane, anal retentive needs Cwuntz will have for the Medieval L&P.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: 2011 January 10, 22:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am on tenterhooks to find out what insane, anal retentive needs Cwuntz will have for the Medieval L&P.

SERFS KEEP HAVEING WANT MAEK BABBY PLS MAEK STOP ALSO WIZERDS LERN SPELS TOO QWIK

(That wasn't really pointed at cwurts, btw, since I've already mentioned that his form of anal-retentive Sims overlording probably isn't terribly far removed from my own -- which is why I can barely be bothered to play the game these days, since it's just fucking exhausting for me most of the time -- but at the entire new world of spork that's gonna open up when the Medievaltards come busting in here to have Pescado fix their unfixably broken game! It's gonna be so much fun!)
« Last Edit: 2011 January 10, 22:58:15 by spockblock » Logged

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2884 on: 2011 January 10, 22:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I mean first of all, they apparently aren't going to put aging into it, so the king will never die unless he is murdered, in which case the murderer will claim the throne.  What good is a medieval sim without the king needing to marry and produce an heir, who will then ascend to the throne?  The king's sons will never grow into adults, so there will be a flood of children running around the kingdom, just like in TS1.  There will be no advantage in making friends with the king, since the only way you can ascend the throne is to kill him.  They say it's all about telling a story, but the ultimate medieval story is the one where the first king dies, and his heir takes over, then he dies, etc; meanwhile there's a conspiracy brewing with some of the noblemen and their devious plan to wipe out the entire royal family and claim the throne for themselves.

And what's up will those villagers?  I don't think you can even control sims who aren't heroes.  So what good are they, and what is their function in the game?

And that stupid pit monster has to go.  I want a good old fashioned hanging or guillotining.  Are you writing this down?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: 2011 January 10, 23:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I mean first of all, they apparently aren't going to put aging into it, so the king will never die unless he is murdered, in which case the murderer will claim the throne.  What good is a medieval sim without the king needing to marry and produce an heir, who will then ascend to the throne?  The king's sons will never grow into adults, so there will be a flood of children running around the kingdom, just like in TS1.  There will be no advantage in making friends with the king, since the only way you can ascend the throne is to kill him.  They say it's all about telling a story, but the ultimate medieval story is the one where the first king dies, and his heir takes over, then he dies, etc; meanwhile there's a conspiracy brewing with some of the noblemen and their devious plan to wipe out the entire royal family and claim the throne for themselves.

And what's up will those villagers?  I don't think you can even control sims who aren't heroes.  So what good are they, and what is their function in the game?

And that stupid pit monster has to go.  I want a good old fashioned hanging or guillotining.  Are you writing this down?
Look, there's an excellent way to play medieval sims.  It's called TS2- there's plenty of good CC, and you can play any way you want.  So stop complaining about not being able to control everything.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: 2011 January 10, 23:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a complaint which is that it is not medieval at all, it is more like Renaissance Faire. However, if I can make MATY PUDDINGS DO SHAKESPEARE, I will be happy. If I cannot, Pescado better make that possible, chop, chop.

firstcharmander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: 2011 January 17, 21:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are there always hundreds of sims with bad skill modifiers every sim night?  Every night, I type "fixall" and bam, it says it fixed bunchs of sims with bad skill modifiers.  Bigger the town (more sims), the more there is.

Can't the mod just fix the bad skill mods without me having to type fixall?  It really bugs me when I just put in a freshly created sim from the bin, the next day it has level 4 cooking, level 4 handiness. etc.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: 2011 January 18, 00:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are they getting bad skill modifiers, too? This seems unhealthy. I have the same issue...population of around 30 and every day 6-10 sims reported with bad skill modifiers on "fixall".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: 2011 January 18, 02:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad skill modifiers is an intrinsic EA flaw, where damage accumulates over time, due to the really hokey way EAxis accumulates skill modifiers, which is, frankly, awful. We presently do not have a preventative solution that will reduce the incidence of bad modifiers, only a fixer for it afterwards.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: 2011 January 24, 13:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find anything using search....is there no auto-socialize macro with AM?
sbjamesphotography
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: 2011 January 25, 00:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will Awesomemod work with the Late Night 6.1?  If not, does anyone have or know of a list of mods that will work with it?  Thanks.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: 2011 January 25, 00:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will Awesomemod work with the Late Night 6.1?  If not, does anyone have or know of a list of mods that will work with it?  Thanks.

This is the part where we tell you to learn how to search.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: 2011 January 25, 00:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
catsahoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: 2011 January 28, 17:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad skill modifiers is an intrinsic EA flaw, where damage accumulates over time, due to the really hokey way EAxis accumulates skill modifiers, which is, frankly, awful. We presently do not have a preventative solution that will reduce the incidence of bad modifiers, only a fixer for it afterwards.

Haven't played since ambitions and just got the missing ui/sim/naked sim issue when playing in bridgeport.  Though I saved often and under different names, about half of them were borked.  Found out the hard way I have to double check my save files as well as use fixall.

On that note, decided to play around with fixing an old working save file and your mod found 300+ bad skill modifiers along with 3 bad butts (lul).

First time saving after fix, the game borked and did an immediate CTD.  Tried again and it seems ok though I expect it will CTD again.

Anyways, the game must be allergic to working code.  It never CTDed when it saved 5 thoroughly f*ed up files....
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: 2011 January 28, 22:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been tuning 0xC2D9D4BE5390D589 "Books" (prices/availability/career levels) since forever, and this used to work as expected up to 1.8.25. Then I reinstalled and patched to 1.17.something, and now even changing just the prices makes my writers thow wobblies (and also borks up the bookstore interface).

I can't really test the same set of files without AM (since I override the AM careers, and they're interrelated with Books), hence the question: are you doing anything in AM that would affect the way this data is used, in particular the prices, and that's been changed between 1.8.25 and now? Like some calculation going on that relies on the default prices or something? Or do I need to do anything special now if I want to tune this file (like overriding AM, but that I already tried)?

Is this maybe related to the "written books not buyable" issue that has been reported in November and again recently? Written books are not buyable in my game either, with or without the tuning file (and I have the option enabled).

All my XML is from the actual game I have (the reinstall is on a different OS, so I don't have any old files lurking about .. I also re-cloned Books to make sure). Again, the AM I use is *not* the current version, but I can't tell anyway at what point this has changed (I didn't have a game between 1.8.25 and 1.17). I can post a screenshot of the wobblies if that would make sense ("given key was not present in the dictionary" somethingorother about book genres).
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: 2011 January 29, 05:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, the AM I use is *not* the current version, but I can't tell anyway at what point this has changed (I didn't have a game between 1.8.25 and 1.17). I can post a screenshot of the wobblies if that would make sense ("given key was not present in the dictionary" somethingorother about book genres).

Didn't you get the message last time, NO support is offered or available on older versions of AM.  Just because the OLDER version isn't working right doesn't mean that new version has the same problems.  You might want to try patching and use the current supported version of AM.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: 2011 February 01, 15:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing the Crosby's of Riverview. He was just shy a promotion at the end of his shift, so I called up the boss and invited her out. He asked for,and received, a promotion and a raise. As a result of the promotion, he then had the next two days off work. Yet, the next day, his work timer counts down to his previously scheduled work. (The letter "W" for Wednesday is greyed out, but the time until work reflects the time remaining as if it's a work day.) If he doesn't go to work, the work meter drops into the red and he gets the red "missing work" notice even though no notice of work or carpool appeared. If he goes to work, the social and fun mood meters reflect appropriate actions going up if he chats with co-workers or relaxes. However, the work meter doesn't raise at all during a complete shift and if he works on cooking, his almost maxed cooking point doesn't complete. He does get paid for the shift.

I don't have any work mods. I have twallan's overwatch and master controller in addition to AM. I have all EPs and one SP: HELS.

I do have a saved file with him at the library studying cooking about 30 minutes prior to his work shift.

more: I have to click him off at the end of work or just puts in overtime. The timer did reset to normal after his shift though.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 01, 16:47:25 by ciane » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: 2011 February 01, 17:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen much the same thing happen when sims get promoted at the end of a shift that starts before midnight and ends after midnight (i.e. sims in the crime career and sims in the medical & law enforcement careers who get called in to work).

What I've noticed:
- it doesn't matter if the day would be a normal work day or not, the game thinks they are due at work
- if they don't go to work, their performance meter drops until I send them to work
- if they do go to work, their performance meter doesn't rise, unless the shift extends beyond midnight - at midnight they start gaining performance
- at the end of the shift I have to cancel the work interaction otherwise they stay at work

I have AwesomeMod and Twallan's overwatch and master controller.  All EPs / SPs up to Late Night, all fully patched.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lt. Vasquez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: 2011 February 01, 22:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've done a search for patch 1.19, and I'm not asking WHEN it's gonna be updated, just IF it has been yet, if not, I'll wait for El Presidante to update his nice Awesomemod. so, Has it been updated? cause the test version, sadly, is nonexistant. and the main version is not up to the latest patch.

thank you for your time.

*prepares fire retardant suit for being flamed*
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: