More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:38:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722580 times)
Stepper
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2825 on: 2010 December 07, 03:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AM make any changes to the Celebrity XML? I want to use HP's harder celebrity difficulty mod, but it's unclear if the two are compatible because AM also makes adjustments to celebrity disgrace.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: 2010 December 07, 05:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. AWesomeMod's tuning are to the detections inside the core, making some types of non-recorded actions require physical witnesses. The actual XML is untouched.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: 2010 December 07, 06:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to force story actions? I know of the "runstoryaction moveinhousehold" or whatever that one is. I'd like to do a forced "partner" and "marry" interaction. My hood is thriving due to a combination of ASM hooking sims up and Buzzler's mirror knocking them up. The sims rarely get to the point where they marry. Could it be that there are too many and the story doesn't get that far too often?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: 2010 December 07, 07:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cannot force any specific action under AwesomeStory. But yes, as one of the responses to population pressure in AwesomeStory, marriage rates decline as sims no longer have a need to pursue romances all the way to the conclusion. AwesomeStory's goal is basically just to help sims accomplish things they would otherwise be too brainless to do on their own, but if that thing doesn't need doing, then why help them do it?Also a LARGE part of the problem IS your use of Buzzler's mirror, which introduces a very strong distortion into AwesomeStory's progression rules by derailing the sequence.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: 2010 December 07, 11:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cannot force any specific action under AwesomeStory. But yes, as one of the responses to population pressure in AwesomeStory, marriage rates decline as sims no longer have a need to pursue romances all the way to the conclusion. AwesomeStory's goal is basically just to help sims accomplish things they would otherwise be too brainless to do on their own, but if that thing doesn't need doing, then why help them do it?Also a LARGE part of the problem IS your use of Buzzler's mirror, which introduces a very strong distortion into AwesomeStory's progression rules by derailing the sequence.

Hum, could you explain this, please?
Do you refer only to the automated use of Buzzler's mirror (Sustain-O-Mat, or something like that), or is it also a potential problem, or distortion, if we use the more manual action (use the mirror as a filter to select female candidate(s) to pollinate)?
Does the 'distortion' get worst the more massively we pollinate?

When you mention sequence, do you mean that there can't be any pollination in unmarried couples with AwesomeStory? I can't remember any in my worlds indeed. So if I use Buzzler's mirror or Twallan's Master Controller to give illegitimate children to my flirty sims, that's messing things up for Awesome SP?

Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: 2010 December 07, 19:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But yes, as one of the responses to population pressure in AwesomeStory, marriage rates decline as sims no longer have a need to pursue romances all the way to the conclusion.
Why? And how exactly do you calculate population pressure?
AwesomeStory's goal is basically just to help sims accomplish things they would otherwise be too brainless to do on their own, but if that thing doesn't need doing, then why help them do it?
Well, if you put it that way, marriage never needs doing, does it? There isn't really a quantifiable income from it. That's where AwesomeStory is a bit lacking IMHO. I see job-related stuff and couples visiting rabbit holes and that's basically it. Couples just visiting a community lot together would be nice. Or inactive sims forming a band (should be a rare thing, though) and regularly visiting bars to jam there.
Also a LARGE part of the problem IS your use of Buzzler's mirror, which introduces a very strong distortion into AwesomeStory's progression rules by derailing the sequence.
How does it do that? Does it really matter that much if a sim already has a bastard child? I hardly see any marriages with or without the mirror being active BTW. I still see lots and lots of mostly unreasonable promiscuity, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: 2010 December 09, 00:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? And how exactly do you calculate population pressure?
Population pressure is determined by factors like housing available and population cap. Population pressure increases if you have very little in the way of available housing, such as if you placed very few residential lots, or because all your residential lots are far too expensive or low-density, or if you have set a population cap very low.

Well, if you put it that way, marriage never needs doing, does it? There isn't really a quantifiable income from it.
Marriage is done in the game because it functionally results in a tax break in the form of lower bills paid in a merged household, as larger households tend to benefit more from economies of scale and don't pay double taxes on the kitchen. It also reduces population pressure to merge famblies together, as this frees up houses for other sims. Without marriages, you'd get a LOT of single-sim households. But if population pressure already so intense that there is no NEED to merge households together to free up space, because the game will not permit sims to reproduce or expand, then there is no reason to waste CPU calculating these combinations.

That's where AwesomeStory is a bit lacking IMHO. I see job-related stuff and couples visiting rabbit holes and that's basically it. Couples just visiting a community lot together would be nice.
Sims already visit community lots. Microscopic actions like this are irrelevant in the "big picture" level that Story Progression concerns itself with. Even EAxis story doesn't bother with this. In fact, EAxis story doesn't care about creating observable, consistent phenomena at all. At least AwesomeStory makes an effort to show rather than simply tell, but most stuff is simply below the level of what is needed in "Story Progression". Sims are capable of socializing, interacting, and otherwise doing stuff observably without any overhead prodding, and these actions do nothing to advance the "story", so are handled by things other than Story Progression. What you're looking for in terms of visiting community lots is handled by "Meta Autonomy", not story progression.

Or inactive sims forming a band (should be a rare thing, though) and regularly visiting bars to jam there.
Visitation of bars is microscoping. Forming of bands...possible. There are a huge number of prerequisites involved in forming a band, though: You need an entire group of sims, each with high instrument skills in a specific instrument. With only two traits that provide a sim with musical inclination, most of your neighborhood is simply not going to be musically inclined. Plus, a HUGE amount of very fussy computer coordination is needed to get sims to do anything together.

How does it do that? Does it really matter that much if a sim already has a bastard child? I hardly see any marriages with or without the mirror being active BTW. I still see lots and lots of mostly unreasonable promiscuity, though.
By running the engine off the rails, you're distorting the progress of the "story". Story Progression assumes a certain progression, and if you've run the system so far off the rails that Story Progression can no longer determine what the present life stage of the sim is, and what it should be doing, the sim's life falls apart and they simply get stuck there...sort of like in real life, really. It is also possible that your neighborhood has simply rolled a really bad combination of traits.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2832 on: 2010 December 11, 03:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me the setoutfit command? I can't find it anywhere and it would be pretty useful.

I thought it was setoutfit everyday.1 sleepwear.1 or something like that, but it doesn't work.

I also seem to remember a code that put all clothing in all categories, but I can't find that one either.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 11, 07:52:41 by Claeric » Logged
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: 2010 December 11, 05:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about AM Story Mode. Absolutely nothing happens when I have it enabled and have EA's story mode disabled in the options panel. I have inform on story action enabled in the config, and with that set up I get literately nothing. When I have AM's story mode enabled and EA's story mode enabled I do get popups telling of romances, people going to work, people skilling, the odd "so and so has learned a trait of so and so."  I get no marriages, no spawn, with any configuration. I am currently playing in Bridgeport.

My question is, do they both have to be enabled to have any progression? I could not find any info in the rtfm or through searching the site. I am also wondering how to get marriages and spawn. I have placed a few cribs in the city but it hasn't made any difference.
Sundoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: 2010 December 11, 10:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also seem to remember a code that put all clothing in all categories, but I can't find that one either.

I think the code you're talking about is "disableclothingfilter on/off".
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: 2010 December 11, 14:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about AM Story Mode. Absolutely nothing happens when I have it enabled and have EA's story mode disabled in the options panel. I have inform on story action enabled in the config, and with that set up I get literately nothing. When I have AM's story mode enabled and EA's story mode enabled I do get popups telling of romances, people going to work, people skilling, the odd "so and so has learned a trait of so and so."  I get no marriages, no spawn, with any configuration. I am currently playing in Bridgeport.

My question is, do they both have to be enabled to have any progression? I could not find any info in the rtfm or through searching the site. I am also wondering how to get marriages and spawn. I have placed a few cribs in the city but it hasn't made any difference.

In my experience, the EA one needs to be DISabled with the AM story mode ENabled. However, the popup messages could just be disabled for AM story mode; there's a setting for the popup messages, type "help" into the cheat console for a list of commands with a brief explanation of what they do. You'll find it in there somewhere, can't remember what exactly it's called.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: 2010 December 11, 17:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's not like that. You will have to ENable EA SP from the options panel and if you've got AM SP enabled, too, AM will replace EA's progression mode. If you DISable EA SP there will be no SP whatsoever. That's how I play at the moment and there is no story happening.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: 2010 December 13, 03:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Story Progression is on, the selected story progression module, either EAxian or Awesome, will be used. If Story Progression is not on, no story progression occurs. Duh.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: 2010 December 15, 18:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, as far as I understand, with AM SP active the game will not spawn vampires. Correct?
If so, how do I go about creating a vampire? I would like a few in my worlds but don't know how to create them if none exist to begin with. Is there a command I need to use or must I load Bridgeport and befriend/export one from there?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: 2010 December 15, 20:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, as far as I understand, with AM SP active the game will not spawn vampires. Correct?
If so, how do I go about creating a vampire? I would like a few in my worlds but don't know how to create them if none exist to begin with. Is there a command I need to use or must I load Bridgeport and befriend/export one from there?

Not sure how you would go about it using AM but there is a mod at MTS that lets you change your sim to any of the in game "monsters."
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: 2010 December 15, 22:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using AM you could just "addtrait vampire." not sure on the capitalization of vampire, try it and see. Vampire, mummy and SimBot are just hidden traits.

EYA: err, don't do that per Pescaedo. See his instructions instead.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 20, 02:19:06 by LVRugger » Logged
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: 2010 December 15, 23:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that how those works? I thought they didn't do anything.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: 2010 December 20, 01:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using AM you could just "addtrait vampire." not sure on the capitalization of vampire, try it and see. Vampire, mummy and SimBot are just hidden traits.
Do NOT do that. Use CRTL-Shift-Click to change occult status, do not attempt to "add" the traits for it, you will mess up the game.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: 2010 December 20, 11:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well no worries there. I've opted for the creature painting thing at MTS. I tried Ctrl-shift-click options but never saw anything relating to creatures/occult.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: 2010 December 20, 13:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me the setoutfit command? I can't find it anywhere and it would be pretty useful.

I thought it was setoutfit everyday.1 sleepwear.1 or something like that, but it doesn't work.

Do you mean to copy an outfit from everyday to sleepwear? You need outfitcp everyday.1 sleepwear.1

Speaking of which, is there a command that can force an entire neighbourhood to revert back to everyday clothing? I'm getting a lot of lazy sims wandering around in their athleticwear who never appear to revert back to their everyday clothes.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 20, 13:27:32 by uknortherner » Logged

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: 2010 December 20, 23:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well no worries there. I've opted for the creature painting thing at MTS. I tried Ctrl-shift-click options but never saw anything relating to creatures/occult.

Look again.  With degubinteractions true, there is an option labeled "occult", click on that, then "add..." then you can select Mummy, Vampire or Frankenstein.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
eyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: 2010 December 21, 22:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After fulfilling wishes, my time frame gets all messed; it annoys me. E.g., excited for 120 min. when its suppose to be 2hr. Is there something to fix that?
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: 2010 December 21, 23:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After fulfilling wishes, my time frame gets all messed; it annoys me. E.g., excited for 120 min. when its suppose to be 2hr. Is there something to fix that?

Would you like to rephrase the question, counselor?

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: 2010 December 21, 23:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a fix for it, even though it isn't broken.  Disable the fucking option in the AM config. if you don't like it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: 2010 December 22, 04:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realize 120 minutes is 2 hours, don't you?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: