More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:47:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1735577 times)
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2800 on: 2010 November 10, 04:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The following question may be stupid, worthless or just simple and in need of answering. Feel free to throw ridicule and flaming feces.

I have several mods installed including awesomemod(configured via the online configuration tool) and all of them work, except awesomemod. Awesomemod previously worked for me, but I am not sure when it was working or which expansions/stuff packs I had installed at the time. None of the Mods I do have installed right now should conflict with awesomemod and I really do miss the awesomeness of awesomemod, so I would appreciate some help or random theory flinging. Or Flaming Feces. Everyone loves the Flaming Feces.

Basically my question is: How did I fuck up when I haven't really done anything except follow the install instructions?

Additionally the command "showconfig" does not work in the game, which is what makes me think awesomemod isn't working at all.

Specifics: I have all EPs and SPs so far installed, installed awesomemod via the instructions and followed the post by Simius here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18793.0.html

Update That You Don't Care About: I figured out what my problem was and fixed it but I am going to leave this post here so you can all yell at me, because I know you love to.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 10, 05:53:12 by Lakart » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: 2010 November 10, 15:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to leave this post here so you can all yell at me, because I know you love to.

Meh.  I'm good.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2802 on: 2010 November 10, 22:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As the first non-argumentative poster on page 113, I have a question.  What are these new skills that have been added to Supreme Commander?  And maybe if we didn't fill up the forum with these ridiculous arguments, a search for the answers might be more effective.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 11, 08:15:40 by witch » Logged

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: 2010 November 11, 19:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume it means that SC has been updated to recognise and utilise the new LN skills such as Mixology, not that brand new skills have been created.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: 2010 November 11, 20:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume it means that SC has been updated to recognise and utilise the new LN skills such as Mixology
It doesn't seem to work for Mixology yet.  My sim had one point in Mixology and access to a professional bar in his home as well as mixology books at the library, but the option for skilling Mixology did not show up in SC.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: 2010 November 11, 21:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all of them are implemented yet, just some of them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: 2010 November 12, 07:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious how AM is currently categorizing apartment NPCs. Are they considered homeless? While working my way through the apartment buildings trying to eliminate duplicates, I noticed many of them are new NPC types (mixologists, papparazzi, bouncers) and not considered service. On a listhomeless the list is full of single sim families; too many to fit on the popup, wihich makes me think it may be the NPCs in the apartments that are being listed. I wonder if AMStory will then continuously try to move them into available "homes" as I evict, causing the game to spawn more NPCs to fill the apartments (if it even does that).

eta: After some random destroyalltownies it appears this is the case. NPCs will move into the available apartments but are still considered homeless making it impossible to leave certain pieces of real estate open. Evict and delete one, another snaps up the house and another is regenerated to take the place of the evicted/deleted.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 13, 04:43:30 by myskaal » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: 2010 November 12, 23:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will using assorted cheats during building lead to corrupt lots and set you on a slippery slope towards a BFBVFS, most notably when using columns to place floor tiles, then remove the columns after placing the floor tiles?

Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the area which a column will cover, I find the current 5x5 tile space to be rather small and inconvenient in most cases?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: 2010 November 14, 04:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question:

I'm on week 20+ of my neighborhood, and I noticed when I go to vacation spots that there are no explorers in the home base anymore. I'm guessing they all died of old age, but shouldn't new ones spawn? I have the AM "disableexplorersims" turned off, but it still seems to be blocking them.
Valerie
Asinine Airhead

My weiner's longer than your's.

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: 2010 November 14, 16:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I am going on vacation soon for ten days. The last time I tried to play sims without internet, (I'm bringing my laptop for the road trip), Awesomemod said it expired. Is there anyway to override this so you can use it while you have no internet? I'm just wondering because I normally keep very large families and I use Awesomemod to do it as well as other things important to my game.

My computer's clock back? Okay... sounds simple, thank you Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 November 14, 17:59:53 by Valerie » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: 2010 November 14, 17:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an emergency, you can just roll your clock back. If you roll it too far back, it will yell at you, but let you do it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gumballmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: 2010 November 16, 10:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize in advance for my being a n00b. I find this forum to be quite alluring and therefor I'm trying to explore it best I can, yet some things are still non mistakably, unclear.

My question is first of all if there is already an existing mod that reduces the chance of pregnancy when trying for baby TS3? And Secondly if there is a possibility of creating one, if the answer to the first question is "no".

I've been searching but haven't been able to find the answer myself.
Thanks for your time!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: 2010 November 16, 10:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on week 20+ of my neighborhood, and I noticed when I go to vacation spots that there are no explorers in the home base anymore. I'm guessing they all died of old age, but shouldn't new ones spawn? I have the AM "disableexplorersims" turned off, but it still seems to be blocking them.
"Explorers" are actually just sims from other vacationlands. Since they have all probably died and the game only regenerates them in a half-assed way, they're probably much less frequent.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: 2010 November 16, 11:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I am going on vacation soon for ten days. The last time I tried to play sims without internet, (I'm bringing my laptop for the road trip), Awesomemod said it expired. Is there anyway to override this so you can use it while you have no internet? I'm just wondering because I normally keep very large families and I use Awesomemod to do it as well as other things important to my game.

Before you go, grab the latest version, at the moment updates haven't been that far apart, and the expiry time frame appears to be about a month at the moment.  While you may not get a recent update, which would require you to set your computer's date back, you may get a recent update which won't expire while you're away.  The short expiry periods, such as 7 days, tend to apply when AM is first released as a test and public release, once it's reasonably stable, the expiry gets pushed back more.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Valerie
Asinine Airhead

My weiner's longer than your's.

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: 2010 November 19, 00:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you go, grab the latest version, at the moment updates haven't been that far apart, and the expiry time frame appears to be about a month at the moment.  While you may not get a recent update, which would require you to set your computer's date back, you may get a recent update which won't expire while you're away.  The short expiry periods, such as 7 days, tend to apply when AM is first released as a test and public release, once it's reasonably stable, the expiry gets pushed back more.

Oh true. I'll update it before I leave and if it for some reason expires I'll just set the time back. Thank you both Smiley
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: 2010 November 19, 07:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize in advance for my being a n00b. I find this forum to be quite alluring and therefor I'm trying to explore it best I can, yet some things are still non mistakably, unclear.

My question is first of all if there is already an existing mod that reduces the chance of pregnancy when trying for baby TS3? And Secondly if there is a possibility of creating one, if the answer to the first question is "no".

Thanks for your time!

Are you ESL? Just asking. Also, did you notice the handy dandy little "search" box up there? You need to become its BFF. However, I'm feeling particularly helpful today, don't expect the same in future or from others.

Try the Birth Control Mirror

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2816 on: 2010 November 19, 20:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to nuke all martial arts outfits from a sim? Mine are all screwed up, and it would be better for this one to re-regenerate the outfits than  keep the glitchy ones.

Oh, and Martial arts outfits retain old facial features and makeup for some reason. And since this sim was bodysnatched, there's... a lot of weirdness.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
StrandedMoon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: 2010 November 20, 10:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I have a question. I have downloaded and installed S3 til Latest Expansion and I use Custom Launcher. I installed AM but my game freezes. It is because some conflict between Custom Launcher and AM or I should look for a problem somewhere else? Yeah, my pc is average and the downloaded game is bugged but... whatever, I play it ok, except the time when my sim freezes in making its actions.. Well, thanks in advance if I receive an answer.
Gumballmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: 2010 November 24, 15:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your time!

Are you ESL? Just asking. Also, did you notice the handy dandy little "search" box up there? You need to become its BFF. However, I'm feeling particularly helpful today, don't expect the same in future or from others.

Thank you! And yes I'm ESL.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: 2010 November 24, 17:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your time!

The birth control mirror doesn't do what the OP requested. It's only a handy mod for AM users to make the townies have sproglets. Gumballmachine, Twoftmama & Twallan made mods for that. Since Twoftmama's dwelling apparently now needs a log, here's a link to Twallan's: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4695.0
Gumballmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: 2010 November 24, 18:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw shucks, thank you for clearing that up.
Smurfmuffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: 2010 November 27, 00:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable, and more experienced than myself:

1. Can anyone suggest a reasonable number for AwesomeStoryPopCap that will allow for enough sims to make a thriving town, but not become a bloated mess?  Is there any kind of limit in place if that setting is set to zero? I'm not at all sure what to base my decision on in terms of numbers. I read a thread where Pescado states that the cap only related to sim breeding, so if I understand correctly, this has no bearing on service sims or sims moving in and out with the story driver. What is the default limit (if there is one) and what is a reasonable choice, or at least a suggested number that has worked well for some?

2. Does anyone know if those tedious toddler walking, talking 'learnings' are included in the skill multipliers set for lifespan? I am (tentatively) guessing yes, but I'm hoping (truly hoping) no..... I am just not sure if those skills would apply since I don't know if they are part of the general skill set.

Thanks for any information.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: 2010 November 27, 04:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Can anyone suggest a reasonable number for AwesomeStoryPopCap that will allow for enough sims to make a thriving town, but not become a bloated mess?
Nope. Bloated mess is EXTREMELY SYSTEM DEPENDENT, since there is a real-time component to the calculations. Unlike TS2 where an overloaded game just chugged, but ran at full fidelity, TS3 has a real-time brake and limits the timeslice allowed for calculation, so if calculations run overtime, they are suspended and deferred to the next slice, and if the amount of new calculation to be done builds up faster than it can be digested, your game turns into a world of incontinent zombies. My BEEFMACHINE might easily be able to tolerate 300+ sims running around, while your machine turns into melted slag at 100. It all depends.

Is there any kind of limit in place if that setting is set to zero?
If the setting is zero, there is no limit and the game will just behave as default, forming babby whenever it feels like and spawning more overlords when you request it until the houses are full.

I'm not at all sure what to base my decision on in terms of numbers. I read a thread where Pescado states that the cap only related to sim breeding, so if I understand correctly, this has no bearing on service sims or sims moving in and out with the story driver. What is the default limit (if there is one) and what is a reasonable choice, or at least a suggested number that has worked well for some?
Service sims generate minimal load, because they are not active in the world. See, for instance, TS2: TS2 neighborhoods had hundreds and even thousands of sims in them, but because only a single lot was in play at a time, only a dozen or so sims would generally be "in play", the rest simply floating in some dark recesses of computer memory in condensed format.

2. Does anyone know if those tedious toddler walking, talking 'learnings' are included in the skill multipliers set for lifespan? I am (tentatively) guessing yes, but I'm hoping (truly hoping) no..... I am just not sure if those skills would apply since I don't know if they are part of the general skill set.
Yes, if you're playing a longer lifespan, your toddlers will be annoying droolers for longer. Deal with it. That's how it works in real life, too. Consider puppies. They are smarter and learn to stop pissing on the floor faster. Babies are stupid.

Smurfmuffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: 2010 November 27, 07:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, if you're playing a longer lifespan, your toddlers will be annoying droolers for longer. Deal with it. That's how it works in real life, too. Consider puppies. They are smarter and learn to stop pissing on the floor faster. Babies are stupid.

Lol, I think I know what one of your traits happens to be.... and no, it's not just grumpy. It's the whole "babies are stupid" thing. I have to admit, puppies take less than a year to fully train and babies take three times that. I think I've suddenly decided against children in my future.

Here, let me take a wild (or not so) guess at those traits...

Evil
Mean
Grumpy
Genius
Dislikes Children

Thanks for the answers. My machine is BEEF-A-FIED and hence should be able to handle the masses. However, I don't know if I care to have that many Sims soiling my lands, unless they all turn out to be gardeners.
At least 100-300 is a basis for me to go by. I wasn't sure if 100 was way too many, so at least I know it's in that realm if I feel the need to put some sort of limit on it myself.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2824 on: 2010 November 30, 20:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a compiled list of awesomemod non-config commands somewhere?

I'm trying to find the command that forces treasure spawners to respawn but I can't find it, and now that I'm thinking about it there are a bunch of commands that you wouldn't know about unless you read about them, and it'd be nice to know what those are.

I also can't get the setoutfit command to work and I can't find what it's supposed to be.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: