More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:30:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731780 times)
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2700 on: 2010 August 01, 21:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the "ShapeDeltaMultiplier" thing mean when the "bodyinfo" command is used, and how can it be changed?
(I assume setfitness/setfatness only toys with the beefiness/fatness/thinness values respectively.)

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
ejayy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: 2010 August 02, 06:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can i add new features/tuning files to the awesome mod package file?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: 2010 August 02, 07:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop spamming. You already started a Speshul Snowflake thread for this.

Technically speaking, since Pescado's usage policy is "meh" you can, however if you don't have a good knowledge of coding good luck.

If by some miracle you managed to do it, you would also then sadle yourself to be responsible for updating your Awesomemod variant for every patch, expansion and stuff pack that comes out.

Hope you've got lots of time on your hands.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: 2010 August 02, 13:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope you've got lots of time on your hands.

By the way he types, he's got something on his hands, all right.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: 2010 August 04, 01:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the "ShapeDeltaMultiplier" thing mean when the "bodyinfo" command is used, and how can it be changed?
It is a piece of technical information that doesn't mean anything to you. Most of these commands were created for technical purposes and therefore may print out results that are cryptic and meaningless to the uninitiated, and should be disregarded unless specifically mentioned as relevant to your interests.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: 2010 August 06, 10:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: 2010 August 06, 18:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the bookshelves and all the books in my 'hood vanished again. This is a different 'hood than the last one this happened in. It happened twice now and both times with AwesomeMod running; I know twice isn't really a strong indicator, though. Anyone else ever had something like this?

I don't know if it happened at the exact same time, but also all relationships in the 'hood were suddenly gone. I usually don't look often at the relationships panel and only noticed when a sim suddenly rolled the wish to meet her daughter. Again: Anyone ever had something like this?

Like stated, I don't know if these occurances are AM-related, although they happened with AM running. Since the issue is vanished data, I wouldn't even know where to begin investigating it. I rolled back to a previous savegame for now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: 2010 August 06, 21:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod has no ability to vanish objects. If all the bookshelves and books vanished, it's something that did something to the underlying bookshelf OBJDs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: 2010 August 07, 00:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the bookshelves and all the books in my 'hood vanished again. This is a different 'hood than the last one this happened in. It happened twice now and both times with AwesomeMod running; I know twice isn't really a strong indicator, though. Anyone else ever had something like this?
Nope.
I don't know if it happened at the exact same time, but also all relationships in the 'hood were suddenly gone. I usually don't look often at the relationships panel and only noticed when a sim suddenly rolled the wish to meet her daughter. Again: Anyone ever had something like this?
Nope.
Like stated, I don't know if these occurances are AM-related, although they happened with AM running. Since the issue is vanished data, I wouldn't even know where to begin investigating it. I rolled back to a previous savegame for now.
Might be a mod conflict.  I suspect if it was AM related you would see heaps of complaints as everyone would have the same problem.  Given the range of CC and mods available, and the fact everyone uses different combinations of CC and mods, these limited problems are more likely a mod/CC conflict/problem than an AM specific problem.  But I could be wrong.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
pkmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: 2010 August 07, 01:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The catch to making your own traits and moodlets is that, unless you already have your own mod that uses them, they will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I have a mod that could use custom moodlets. I assume instructions are pretty much the same as these ones:

How to create a custom trait plugin that will work in AWESOMEMOD:
First, take a look at the relevant XML in AwesomeMod: THe instance is FNV64 of "AwesomeTraits". To create your own, use the value "<YOUR ASSEMBLY HERE>Traits", like "SimiusTraits".

Now, inside the Traits block, like so, you will need to have the following:
Code:
<Traits>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name></Name>
    <Hex></Hex>
  </TraitNames>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name>NAME OF TRAIT VARIABLE HERE - NO SPACES, SIMILAR TO EAXIS ENUM</Name>
    <Hex>HEX VALUE YOU WISH TO HAVE THAT TRAIT BY: ONCE YOU SET IT, NEVER CHANGE IT - MAKE SOME SHIT UP AT RANDOM - MUST BE UNIQUE</Hex>
  </TraitNames>
etc.
Repeat the last <TraitNames> block for every trait you wish to define.

Every trait may have an associated "Commodity" indicating that the sim desires that particular advertised commodity. You can leave it blank, or define it similarly to TraitNames, only with "CommodityKind". Add a blank header as above, then proceed to define CommodityKinds. Then proceed to the TraitList block definition as with AwesomeTraits, and define your trait below: The "Name" field will now recognize since you defined it in TraitNames. Two additional categories of trait exist in AwesomeMod: "HiddenInCAS", meaning "real trait, visible, can be learned in conversation, but cannot be chosen in CAS", for special visible-schtick traits, and "Administrative", meaning "not visible, doesn't count, can't be learned", for things like "Sacred" and "Radar".

To verify that your trait loaded successfully, use the "traitinfo" console command to see if data could be brought up.

How do I verify if my moodlet loaded successfully?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: 2010 August 07, 20:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

buffinfo X. If it says it found it, then it worked. Doesn't print any other information, though.

Groosalugg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: 2010 August 08, 18:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could someone tell me how does the new "[un]hideobjects" debug building cheat code work? what do i type to activate it?
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: 2010 August 08, 21:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to disable the light cloning feature?  Its is useful, but not always.

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: 2010 August 09, 06:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one Sim in my game that hasn't got any opportunity at all for weeks. Is there any way to fix this? The "refresh" or "restartopportunities" command (can't remember the exact name right now) does not help. In fact I suspect that this command may have started this in the first place, because I had used it twice on that Sim in other hoods before I plopped it into the current one.
The Sim in question does receive adventure opportunites while on vacation but no career, skill or special opportunities in its home world.
Bumber
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: 2010 August 09, 07:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the criteria for an object to be marked "Kewian-based" in the buy mode catalogue?

"There's weather in my house!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: 2010 August 09, 07:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Kewian-based object is one that has been deemed to be unworthy of purchase, due to the fact that it causes negative side effects or is grossly insuperior in a critical way to other versions of it. Don't buy Kewian-based substitutes, as they are worse than nothing at all. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

elrobbbb
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: 2010 August 11, 12:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

getting message that awesome mod expired august 10. Downloaded newest one. installed new framework files. deleted all cache files. still got message expired and game would crash. removed awesome mod and still get the same message and the same result. how do i remove all of awesome mod so my game will start normally?
« Last Edit: 2010 August 11, 12:54:16 by elrobbbb » Logged
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: 2010 August 11, 13:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

getting message that awesome mod expired august 10. Downloaded newest one. installed new framework files. deleted all cache files. still got message expired and game would crash. removed awesome mod and still get the same message and the same result. how do i remove all of awesome mod so my game will start normally?

Acquaint yourself with the "Shift" key.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: 2010 August 11, 13:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Acquaint yourself with the "Shift" key.
Yes.  You have two of them, one on each side of the keyboard, just in case your hand gets tired from all that shifting.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
elrobbbb
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: 2010 August 11, 13:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok..i will put awesome mod back in then try the shift key. Thanks very much.

tried...same result...been with game for years  never used the sift key outside of the game itself. Explain or give me a link with an explanation please. i miss the old days of carrigon and paladin then pescado at MTS in 2006. Things were much easier then. I think I will need to reinstall.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 11, 14:09:21 by elrobbbb » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: 2010 August 11, 15:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok..i will put awesome mod back in then try the shift key. Thanks very much.

tried...same result...been with game for years  never used the sift key outside of the game itself. Explain or give me a link with an explanation please. i miss the old days of carrigon and paladin then pescado at MTS in 2006. Things were much easier then. I think I will need to reinstall.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: 2010 August 11, 15:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: 2010 August 11, 18:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

never used the sift key outside of the game itself.

Obviously. It can't even spell it correctly!

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: 2010 August 11, 18:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I don't know, I think a sift key could be useful for baking cakes.

In all seriousness though, how does anyone use a computer without ever using the shift key UNLESS THEY TYPE IN ALL CAPS? *mind boggles*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2724 on: 2010 August 11, 21:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they could also be typing all in lowercase while only using punctuation that you need do not key for like periods and commas, as i am demonstrating here.

.... But I like my shift key.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: