More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:47:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1732672 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2675 on: 2010 July 30, 00:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to add a 'Slave' trait since you mentioned that AM can support 3rd party traits, but have been unsuccessful.  In the process I was able to bork my game so no EA traits existed.  I went into editsim to check something out and the game made fun of me.  It only listed the 'stupid' trait that you added as being available. 

I believe this is called "poetic justice".

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: 2010 July 30, 01:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be able to point me in the right direction on how to create my own trait. 

I would also like this.

INTP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: 2010 July 30, 02:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How to create a custom trait plugin that will work in AWESOMEMOD:
First, take a look at the relevant XML in AwesomeMod: THe instance is FNV64 of "AwesomeTraits". To create your own, use the value "<YOUR ASSEMBLY HERE>Traits", like "SimiusTraits".

Now, inside the Traits block, like so, you will need to have the following:
Code:
<Traits>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name></Name>
    <Hex></Hex>
  </TraitNames>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name>NAME OF TRAIT VARIABLE HERE - NO SPACES, SIMILAR TO EAXIS ENUM</Name>
    <Hex>HEX VALUE YOU WISH TO HAVE THAT TRAIT BY: ONCE YOU SET IT, NEVER CHANGE IT - MAKE SOME SHIT UP AT RANDOM - MUST BE UNIQUE</Hex>
  </TraitNames>
etc.
Repeat the last <TraitNames> block for every trait you wish to define.

Every trait may have an associated "Commodity" indicating that the sim desires that particular advertised commodity. You can leave it blank, or define it similarly to TraitNames, only with "CommodityKind". Add a blank header as above, then proceed to define CommodityKinds. Then proceed to the TraitList block definition as with AwesomeTraits, and define your trait below: The "Name" field will now recognize since you defined it in TraitNames. Two additional categories of trait exist in AwesomeMod: "HiddenInCAS", meaning "real trait, visible, can be learned in conversation, but cannot be chosen in CAS", for special visible-schtick traits, and "Administrative", meaning "not visible, doesn't count, can't be learned", for things like "Sacred" and "Radar".

To verify that your trait loaded successfully, use the "traitinfo" console command to see if data could be brought up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: 2010 July 30, 04:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks.  I was skipping the first couple of steps before.  However, I think I followed your directions correctly but the game still doesn't recognize "addtrait Slave".  It tells me the trait doesn't exist.  Also traitinfo doesn't do anything when I type it in.  Obviously I'm still doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

This is what I have so far:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<traits>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name></Name>
    <Hex></Hex>
  </TraitNames>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name>Slave</Name>
    <Hex>SimiusSlaves</Hex>
  </TraitNames>
  <CommodityKinds>
   <Name></Name>
   <Hex></Hex>
  </CommodityKinds>
 <CommodityKinds>
  <Name>Slave</Name>
  <Hex>SimiusSlaves</Hex>
 </CommodityKinds>
 <Trailist>
  <Name>Slave</Name>
  <Description></Description>
  <ShortDescription></ShortDescription>
  <Hex>SimiusSlave</Hex>
  <AgeVisible>None</AgeVisible>
  <Category>Administrative</Category>
  <CommodityName></CommodityName>
  <Predicate>IsSlave</Predicate>
  <CanBeLearnedRandomly>FALSE</CanBeLearnedRandomly>
  <ThumbFilename>lt_rewards_mybestfriend</ThumbFilename>
  <ThumbPieMenu>trait_slave_s</ThumbPieMenu>
  <ThumbDislikePieMenu>trait_slave_s_crossed_out</ThumbDislikePieMenu>
  <TraitToolTipText0>SlaveToolTipText0</TraitToolTipText0>
  <TraitToolTipText1>SlaveToolTipText1</TraitToolTipText1>
  <TraitToolTipText2>SlaveToolTipText2</TraitToolTipText2>
  <TraitToolTipText3>SlaveToolTipText3</TraitToolTipText3>
 </TraitList>
</traits>

I've also tried <CommodityKind> instead of <CommodityKinds> but neither work.  What am I doing wrong?

I have another question for after I get the game to recognize the trait and allow me to add it to sims:  Right now my Slavebot hack uses the term "BeFrankenstein" to prod simbots to do the laundry and whatnot.  What term would I use to prod my sims with the Slave trait to do the laundry or whatever? Would it be "Slave" or "TraitSlave" or something else entirely?

An attached version of my unsuccessful SlaveTrait hack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/th2c1fcect8pj1m/Simius_SlaveTrait.Package
« Last Edit: 2010 July 30, 05:33:10 by Simius » Logged
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: 2010 July 30, 06:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few questions about how Storymode moves families into new homes:

1. Does the number of beds always have to match the number of sims in the household? For example, if a family consists of a married couple and a kid, will a double bed + a single bed suffice? Or will I need 3 beds total, regardless of the size? Or what if it's just a single parent and one child? Will just a double bed suffice?

2. If I have a household full of "roomies" who are friends (but otherwise unrelated) living on a lot with a crib, will the storydriver move them out into a non-cribbed lot to allow married couples to move in and spawn?

3. Do WA tents (in either the packed/unpacked state) count as beds?

4. Are lot sizes taken into consideration? So if a 1-bedroom 40x40 lot exists in tandem with a 1-bedroom 20x30 lot, will a household with only 1 sim choose the smaller one?

I'm really curious about how the story driver decides whether or not a family is living in an 'appropriate' home. I'm trying to separate sims of different social standings and isolate them in certain regions on the map (sort of like Apartment Life in TS2), but awesomemod quickly mixes them all up.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: 2010 July 30, 08:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simius: I've never touched any of the files but reading the instructions right above your post, you're DOING IT WRONG.

Hint: look up the meaning of the word "Hex".

INFP or something
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: 2010 July 30, 12:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also tried <CommodityKind> instead of <CommodityKinds> but neither work.  What am I doing wrong?

I can tell you that it is <CommodityKind>

The traitinfo command requires that you put the trait after it.  If the trait does not exist, it will tell you.  If it does, it will tell you. 

I looked at your package.  You used the same instance as AwesomeTraits and I think you should use a new instance.  You also used <Trailist> instead of <TraitList>.

Regarding the "hex" values and the comment from kuronue, Pescado uses "<Hex>Tealdeer</Hex>" in his own XML.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: 2010 July 30, 15:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The TraitNames/CommodityKind header must be an actual hex value, 0xDEADBEEFDEADBEEF style. The "Hex" section in the TraitList is EAxis-made, and its name is a bit of a misnomer, but there is nothing I can do about that. The TraitList <Hex> section generates the hex value by processing the enum, but the TraitNames section is a unique AwesomeMod creation that injects the new names into the enum parser so that they WILL process, and thus must be a real hex value.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: 2010 July 30, 23:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Does the number of beds always have to match the number of sims in the household? For example, if a family consists of a married couple and a kid, will a double bed + a single bed suffice? Or will I need 3 beds total, regardless of the size? Or what if it's just a single parent and one child? Will just a double bed suffice?
It's appropriate sleeping spaces. Married couple + kid, single + double = ok. Single parent + child, double bed = not ok, I believe, because Awesomemod requires a single bed for a 6-12.

2. If I have a household full of "roomies" who are friends (but otherwise unrelated) living on a lot with a crib, will the storydriver move them out into a non-cribbed lot to allow married couples to move in and spawn?
Yes, eventually, unless you make the home ancestral.

3. Do WA tents (in either the packed/unpacked state) count as beds?
Not sure. Don't believe so.

4. Are lot sizes taken into consideration? So if a 1-bedroom 40x40 lot exists in tandem with a 1-bedroom 20x30 lot, will a household with only 1 sim choose the smaller one?
Size, no. Awesomemod only cares if the house has enough available beds and if it is affordable. I have huge (7-8 sim) families living in a 12x16 and a 10x15, yet there is an equally affordable house on the mountain that is on a 20x24. Approximately 15 sim days after building it, no one has seen fit to move in, presumably because the existing occupied houses are adequate.

I'm really curious about how the story driver decides whether or not a family is living in an 'appropriate' home. I'm trying to separate sims of different social standings and isolate them in certain regions on the map (sort of like Apartment Life in TS2), but awesomemod quickly mixes them all up.
You're best off making the homes ancestral.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: 2010 July 31, 03:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can tell you that it is <CommodityKind>

The traitinfo command requires that you put the trait after it.  If the trait does not exist, it will tell you.  If it does, it will tell you. 

I looked at your package.  You used the same instance as AwesomeTraits and I think you should use a new instance.  You also used <Trailist> instead of <TraitList>.

Regarding the "hex" values and the comment from kuronue, Pescado uses "<Hex>Tealdeer</Hex>" in his own XML.
Thanks for that.

I actually did change the HEX value, but only a few random numbers in it.  I've found a Hash tool now so I did it correctly.  I'm now using 0x1044f9f0a6880794 as my instance.

I think I've fixed the typos I had previously (and a bunch more that I added as I was playing around with it).  Anyway, I'm still doing something wrong as I can't get it to recognize the 'Slave' trait.

I was wondering if you or phnxflyng or anyone else who might be interested in getting this to work could take another look at what I've done so far and point out any obvious errors I've made. 

I omitted the CommodityKind part of it as it seems to be optional from the directions.  So I intend to add that later after I get the basics to work.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Traits>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name></Name>
    <Hex></Hex>
  </TraitNames>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name>Slave</Name>
    <Hex>0x11FF4E2F6E0476F2</Hex>
  </TraitNames>

<TraitList>
  <Name></Name>
  <Description></Description>
  <ShortDescription></ShortDescription>
  <Hex></Hex>
  <CodeVersion></CodeVersion>
  <AgeVisible></AgeVisible>
  <SetNumbers></SetNumbers>
  <Points></Points>
  <RandomWeight></RandomWeight>
  <Category></Category>
  <CommodityName></CommodityName>
  <FacialIdle></FacialIdle>
  <AutonomousDesiredCommodity></AutonomousDesiredCommodity>
  <AutonomousAvoidedCommodity></AutonomousAvoidedCommodity>
  <IncreasedEffectiveness></IncreasedEffectiveness>
  <ReducedEffectiveness></ReducedEffectiveness>
  <xMin></xMin>
  <DesireMin></DesireMin>
  <xMax></xMax>
  <DesireMax></DesireMax>
  <Decay></Decay>
  <Predicate></Predicate>
  <CanBeLearnedRandomly></CanBeLearnedRandomly>
  <IntimacyLevel></IntimacyLevel>
  <ActiveTopic></ActiveTopic>
  <PreferredBookGenre></PreferredBookGenre>
  <ThumbFilename></ThumbFilename>
  <ThumbPieMenu></ThumbPieMenu>
  <ThumbDislikePieMenu></ThumbDislikePieMenu>
  <ThumbPose></ThumbPose>
  <AddListenerFunction></AddListenerFunction>
  <TraitTipDescription></TraitTipDescription>
  <TraitTipIndex></TraitTipIndex>
  <TraitToolTipText0></TraitToolTipText0>
  <TraitToolTipText1></TraitToolTipText1>
  <TraitToolTipText2></TraitToolTipText2>
  <TraitToolTipText3></TraitToolTipText3>
  <CanBeLearnedThroughConversation></CanBeLearnedThroughConversation>
 </TraitList>
 <TraitList>
  <Name>Slave</Name>
  <Description>IncontinentDescription</Description>
  <ShortDescription>IncontinentShortDescription</ShortDescription>
  <Hex>Slave</Hex>
  <CodeVersion>BaseGame</CodeVersion>
  <AgeVisible>None</AgeVisible>
  <SetNumbers>945</SetNumbers>
  <Category>HiddenInCAS</Category>
  <AutonomousDesiredCommodity></AutonomousDesiredCommodity>
  <AutonomousAvoidedCommodity></AutonomousAvoidedCommodity>
  <CommodityName>Slaved</CommodityName>
  <Predicate>IsSlave</Predicate>
  <CanBeLearnedRandomly>FALSE</CanBeLearnedRandomly>
  <ActiveTopic>Incontinent Trait</ActiveTopic>
  <ThumbFilename>trait_incontinent</ThumbFilename>
  <ThumbPieMenu>trait_incontinent_s</ThumbPieMenu>
  <ThumbDislikePieMenu>trait_incontinent_s_crossed_out</ThumbDislikePieMenu>
  <TraitToolTipText0>IncontinentToolTipText0</TraitToolTipText0>
  <TraitToolTipText1>IncontinentToolTipText1</TraitToolTipText1>
  <TraitToolTipText2>IncontinentToolTipText2</TraitToolTipText2>
 </TraitList>

<! lt_rewards_mybestfriend</ThumbFilename>

</Traits>

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kfah3s19vsgdypk/Simius_SlaveTrait.Package
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: 2010 July 31, 04:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the characteristic of a Sim that has this trait? Will it acts like SimBot?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: 2010 July 31, 04:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the characteristic of a Sim that has this trait? Will it acts like SimBot?
I'm going to make it for my Slavebot mod.  Only sims with this trait will be Slavebots instead of all Simbots being Slavebots.  The Slavebots are compelled to autonomously clean the house like a maid, do all the gardening and repair broken items like a repairman.  They also tinker on appliances to upgrade them.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: 2010 July 31, 11:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that.

I actually did change the HEX value, but only a few random numbers in it.  I've found a Hash tool now so I did it correctly.  I'm now using 0x1044f9f0a6880794 as my instance.

I think I've fixed the typos I had previously (and a bunch more that I added as I was playing around with it).  Anyway, I'm still doing something wrong as I can't get it to recognize the 'Slave' trait.

I was wondering if you or phnxflyng or anyone else who might be interested in getting this to work could take another look at what I've done so far and point out any obvious errors I've made.  

I omitted the CommodityKind part of it as it seems to be optional from the directions.  So I intend to add that later after I get the basics to work.

I did not look at your package but I did take a quick look at AwesomeMod to see what was expected.  The plugin search feature looks to be tied to the list of assemblies.  If your plugin does not appear in that list, AwesomeMod will  not know to look for the traits XML file.

The bottom line is that you need to have a .NET assembly named "Simius" in the package to get the plugin scanner to recognize this.

EDIT: One should not read this and assume that I have this working.  I am just going by what appears to be happening in the code.
EDIT 2: Stay away from <CommodityKind> for now.  AwesomeMod has a bug related to converting from the XML to the enum.  (System exception, can't cast a UInt64 to an Int32 in AddValue)  Operator error
« Last Edit: 2010 July 31, 12:53:33 by lordrichter » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: 2010 July 31, 12:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're certain that occurs? Because that's a soft-error, indicating you're doing it wrong somehow, perhaps by using a value of uint64 length and trying to cram it into an int32 CommodityKind. I have no such difficulty in the Undiscovered Shiny, which does, in fact, use a CommodityKind (and works, which is why this feature exists). It should say an error of the form "Can't cast <VALUE> (<VALUE TYPE>) TO <ENUM TYPE>". What's <VALUE>? Something that is illegal for int32? I'm not sure how you're even GETTING an invalid cast error, since AwesomeMod specifically handles int32s without ever casting.

I omitted the CommodityKind part of it as it seems to be optional from the directions.  So I intend to add that later after I get the basics to work.
Why did you include all of the rubbish for the "Incontinent" trait instead of your own stuff?

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: 2010 July 31, 12:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're certain that occurs? Because that's a soft-error, indicating you're doing it wrong somehow, perhaps by using a value of uint64 length and trying to cram it into an int32 CommodityKind.

Yeah.  Operator error.  I noticed that it needed to be 32 bit and did change it to a 32 bit value, but apparently it was not 32 bit enough.  When I dropped the hex value down to "0xFFFF" it worked. Perhaps my copy/paste did not catch the entire 64bit string when I replaced it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: 2010 July 31, 12:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was the value originally? 0xFFFFFFFF? Because that value would overload int32 and end up as -1.

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: 2010 July 31, 16:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was the value originally? 0xFFFFFFFF? Because that value would overload int32 and end up as -1.

No, it was a meaningful but unique hex string.  In my haste I likely pasted the 32 bit version over the 64 bit version without properly selecting the entire 64 bit string

Edit:  I did somehow have an old copy of the XML around. It was "0xF093C5B9", which is the problem.  Does not like negative numbers.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 31, 16:35:07 by lordrichter » Logged

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: 2010 July 31, 16:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why did you include all of the rubbish for the "Incontinent" trait instead of your own stuff?
I haven't actually created my own stuff yet.  Before, if I got it to work, I was expecting it to display a message that no text tips exist and whatnot when I added the trait, and was just going to figure out how to do that at that time.  Then I thought that might be part of my problem so I decided to use your junk until I got it to work, and then fix it afterward.  Bottom line is I won't use your stuff after I get it to work, it is basically just in there as a placeholder for now.

The good news for me is I have no idea how to add a .NET assembly, so I had no chance of getting it to work before.  But now that that has been spelled out for me I can go to google and find out more about it and get that done correctly.  Then it is just a matter of adding my own thumbnails and tool tips/descriptions and then altering my other mod to actually use the trait.  All of which should be pretty easy.
Alidai
Asinine Airhead

Die wiel draai....

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: 2010 July 31, 17:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the newest version of AM and updated my game(I only have WA).So I installed everything like the manual said,but the problem is that AM doesn't show up,can anyone help?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: 2010 July 31, 18:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you HAD actually done it as the manual said, then you wouldn't have a problem. Try searching the site for answers first, and loading your game without the disc. If it loads without the disc, you have it installed, even if you can't see anything different happening.
Alidai
Asinine Airhead

Die wiel draai....

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: 2010 July 31, 18:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game won't load without the disk,so I'm still idiotic...
I tried to install it in program files and documents,it just doesn't seem to work.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: 2010 July 31, 21:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game won't load without the disk,so I'm still idiotic...
I tried to install it in program files and documents,it just doesn't seem to work.

Are you trying to run the game from the launcher (ie the icon the game installs by default on your desktop)? If so, that would be why. Awesomemod does not disable the CD check on the launcher so you will either need to run the game directly from the actual game or episode exe file or get a cracked file for the launcher. The latter is not recommended as it causes problems patching later on. You can backup your files but many people forget to do so.

If you are launching straight from the game exe and it's still not working without the CD then Awesomemod is either not installed right or you turned off the CD Check disable in the config. I'm assuming the former because by default the CD Check is disabled and you would have had to actively go out of your way to change that.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: 2010 August 01, 04:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're best off making the homes ancestral.

Thanks, Zazazu, for the explanations. I was aware of the ancestral home workaround, but I don't like relying on it due to its limitations - primarily, if your sims get married off and have name-changes, they'll have to find their own place. Also, I think I've seen a family get moved out by awesomemod even though it's assigned to an ancestral home, just to get moved back in an hour later.
Alidai
Asinine Airhead

Die wiel draai....

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: 2010 August 01, 06:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying from the launcher,so now that I know that doesn't work,I'm still idiotic...
Thanks  for replying,any idea how to make AM work though?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: 2010 August 01, 15:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying from the launcher,so now that I know that doesn't work,I'm still idiotic...
Thanks  for replying,any idea how to make AM work though?

Going out on a limb here, but uh don't use the launcher?  Roll Eyes

Alternately if you absolutely insist on needlessly launching your game from that bloated, buggy piece of crap, go back and REREAD WHAT I SAID THE FIRST TIME. There is a way but it involves searching on your part. I am not going to do everything for you. Also, if you do it and then come back at a later date and complain that you can't patch I will point at you and laugh.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: