More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:33:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736713 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2525 on: 2010 July 11, 23:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher does not put copies of sims3packs in the Downloads folder once they are installed.
Yes it does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: 2010 July 12, 05:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher does not put copies of sims3packs in the Downloads folder once they are installed.
Yes it does.

Are they truly copies though or does it just leave the original file there once it's done installing it?

I mean why would it install a sims3pack, delete it, then put a copy in back in the same directory it came from in the first place? That's asinine.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: 2010 July 12, 08:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was using the launcher to install I would simply click on a Sims3pack wherever it was and the launcher would pop up. When it had installed the file/s I had (in addition to my original Sims3pack) dbc files, package files and another Sims3pack in the 'appropriate' places.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: 2010 July 12, 08:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they truly copies though or does it just leave the original file there once it's done installing it?
If the file is already there, it will be used. If the file is not there, it will be PUT there, and used.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: 2010 July 12, 13:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the file is already there, it will be used. If the file is not there, it will be PUT there, and used.

Ah makes sense. I always put the files in the downloads directory and then run the launcher so I never noticed. In fact, I forgot about that double click on the sims3pack to install functionality. Then that leaves the original copy, a copy in downloads, a copy in DCBackup and a copy installed in a dbc file in DCCache. Redundancy much EA?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: 2010 July 12, 14:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget the original, pre-decrapified version, as crapified files won't install.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: 2010 July 12, 21:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah makes sense. I always put the files in the downloads directory and then run the launcher so I never noticed. In fact, I forgot about that double click on the sims3pack to install functionality.

Yeah, same. I also forget n00bs put things all over PCs instead of in the correct places.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
BlueChicken
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: 2010 July 12, 22:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay... so I saw the latest update...

NEW UPDATE: 1.14.11/2.9.10/4.2.32
Fixed Invisible Bike Crash
Stylist and Ghost Hunter Automation Added to SC - More Soon
Fixed Level 10 Mass Boss Generation Spam

So I updated the game... but can't actually download the updated Awesome Mod?  Huh

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: 2010 July 12, 22:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay... so I saw the latest update...

NEW UPDATE: 1.14.11/2.9.10/4.2.32
Fixed Invisible Bike Crash
Stylist and Ghost Hunter Automation Added to SC - More Soon
Fixed Level 10 Mass Boss Generation Spam

So I updated the game... but can't actually download the updated Awesome Mod?  Huh

I don't understand what you are getting at? Are you saying the link to download Awesomemod is not working for you or are you questioning that it's been updated for 1.14/2.9/4/2 etc?

The link works for me and if you updated your game with the latest patch then those are the version numbers he is refering to in that update info so yes you should be able to use it.

BlueChicken
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: 2010 July 12, 22:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand what you are getting at? Are you saying the link to download Awesomemod is not working for you or are you questioning that it's been updated for 1.14/2.9/4/2 etc?

The link works for me and if you updated your game with the latest patch then those are the version numbers he is refering to in that update info so yes you should be able to use it.

The download link is for 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2, which is the last patch... I have updated to 4.2.32, which Pescado said he updated for - yet the downloads don't link to it... I tried downloading from that link anyway and my game gave me a weird error message saying I had a mod in my game that was unsupported for my version level.

I removed Awesome mod... and while typing this message retried downloading and installing for the third time... and *sigh* this time it worked... so now I need to get mad at my computer instead  Angry
Telraven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: 2010 July 13, 01:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question about the latest update. Where it says: "Fixed Level 10 Mass Boss Generation Spam", is that this same problem I ran into a week or so ago?

I had a Sim who was at the top level of the Culinary career, and when she was at work, whenever I would select the 'suck up to boss' mode, it would add a new boss to her relationships and she would do it for a minute or so, then go back to the default work mode. This was a never-ending loop, and added something like 5-10 people to her relationships before I gave it up as a bug and stopped trying to have her suck up to the boss.

Edit: Forgot to add that it only added a new boss when I selected the suck up option. And her relationship with the boss is one of the criteria that affects her work performance.

Edit #2: Crap. Nevermind... I think I found this in the AM bug report thread. I hate it when I find the answer on my own right after I ask the question. Asking is usually a last resort for me.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 13, 03:12:25 by Telraven » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: 2010 July 13, 01:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't understand this.  Why would anyone want to suck up to the boss at level 10?  Either you ARE the boss, or you are already too high on the ladder to care.  Why bother selecting the option at all.  Why is the option even there?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2537 on: 2010 July 13, 02:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faster raises.
simsplayerIIIm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: 2010 July 14, 13:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do you find updates for awesome mod?

Been getting the message it will expire 15 july 2010, 3:47 and I should get the latest version.  It will be the 15th of July in Australia in approx 40 minutes time, and I don't see any updates anywhere obvious.  Originally downloaded from first post here --> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html

alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: 2010 July 14, 16:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado updates the first post frequently, he just doesn't always post in the thread.  Re-download from the same place you got it from last time, and it should be a more recent version.
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: 2010 July 14, 19:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also getting the message for awesome mod being expire, its says it has expires on 7/13.  I downloaded again and overwrote the old one, but I am still getting that message and it forces me to close the game. I even tried downloading it picking a different mirror just incase the first one was a dud, then checked to make sure they didnt have a new patch I diid not know about and they did. Perhaps that was the problem? I have not installed it yet since I have yet to find anything good said about it yet.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 14, 19:46:36 by dragon_tfm » Logged

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: 2010 July 14, 20:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to continue using Awesomemod you need to update to the latest patch. This will always be the case except in the interval between a patch release and when Pescado has gotten a chance to update for it. If you aren't sure check the version numbers in the first post of the Awesomemod thread or the RTFM.

In any case, you need to make a decision patch and Awesomemod or no patch and no Awesomemod.

FWIW, I patched and nothing blew up. Tongue

dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: 2010 July 14, 20:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I broke down and patched, got the new awesome mod but now im getting that error about out dated mod ect. Which i never got before and i dont have any besides awesome mod and delphys breast mod. I removed the breast one thinking it was the problem but it wasnt. Would that message include things like clothing, patterns or hair? Or default replacement make up ect? Just to help me narrow it down a tad.

ETA  I tried playing with just awesome mod and the config. (downloaded updated version), but now im not getting the other warning as before but now its asking for the cd which i have config to not need. Luckily I do actualy know where my cd is, but any ideas to why it would be doing that?
« Last Edit: 2010 July 14, 21:13:40 by dragon_tfm » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: 2010 July 14, 21:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you found out, it's not Awesomemod causing that message but something else. Congratulations. You now get the fun part of trying to narrow down what you downloaded that's causing that. Tongue

As for the CD check, it still works. I just tried it. Be sure that Awesomemod is indeed loading, you could try to the showconfig command for a quick test, and then be sure your config has the CD check disabled.

Also be sure you are running the game directly via the TS3EP02.exe (or TS3EP01 for WA, TS3.exe for just the base game etc) or 3Booter. Don't run from the launcher as the launcher itself will check for a CD and block you from running the game if it doesn't find one.

If you absolutely must use the launcher put your disc in or get a NoCD crack. If you do the latter make sure you make backups of the files that get replaced. If you don't you will not be able to patch in the future.

dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: 2010 July 14, 22:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know what happened but I tried again and now it no longer asks for the cd and awesome is working just fine. Now to go weed out the crappy file or files..joy
And I never use the launcher to play the game so it wasn't that but I won't complain since I can play just not with any custom stuff til I get that sorted. Luckily I really don't have alot anyways
thank you.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: 2010 July 14, 23:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I came into this thread to ask a question, only to find that my question had just been answered right before I showed up.

I have a disc, but I share it with the rest of my family, and I'm tired of family members coming into my room with a bent paperclip while I'm asleep to get the disc out of my computer.

WOW! Hey thanks for sharing that little life snippet, it totally made loading the thread worthwhile.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: 2010 July 15, 04:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a new or alternative process for creating a roof with very gentle slopes? I built some houses with 5° or 7° of roof incline about a year ago, but now RoofSlopeAngle appears to accept values between 15° and 60° only. Perhaps even higher but I haven't tested further. Using the AwesomeMod syntax "rsa [angle] new" doesn't reflect values lower than 15° either, and creates a roof with that apparently mandatory minimum angle.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2547 on: 2010 July 15, 04:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new process for gentle sloping roofs is to use the freaking roof slope tool.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: 2010 July 15, 04:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

roofslopeangle will parse any angle greater than zero, but it is possible the game is not able to generate a roof with a lesser slope.

Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: 2010 July 15, 14:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Claeric
The new process for gentle sloping roofs is to use the freaking roof slope tool.

The tool only lowers the incline to a minimum 15°, which is still too steep for many roofing configurations. It does provide a similar control to what RoofSlopeAngle does but without the input of exact numerical values. The tool does improves on the previous method by allowing the user to pick any roof section at any time and modify it.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
roofslopeangle will parse any angle greater than zero, but it is possible the game is not able to generate a roof with a lesser slope.

Indeed, my game is unable to generate the desired roof slope. I tried in different neighbourhoods with the same negative results. I haven't yet reinstalled TS3 in order to verify whether this is particular problem of my current install or not.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: