More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:24:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736509 times)
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2375 on: 2010 April 13, 06:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, making a household Sacred means story progression ignore them. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on that.

If I disable Sims 2 style aging, will Sacred households age with everyone else, or does the Sacred status prevent aging as well as story progression? Or are the two things entirely seperate?

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: 2010 April 13, 07:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, making a household Sacred means story progression ignore them. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on that.
That is correct: Story Progression, either using EA or Awesome, will not affect Sacreds: They will not be chosen as targets for the story actions of others and they will not be the victims of story events. They will still wander about and do generic things, similar to TS2.

If I disable Sims 2 style aging, will Sacred households age with everyone else, or does the Sacred status prevent aging as well as story progression? Or are the two things entirely seperate?
Aging is unrelated to Story Progression. As TS3 time is unified, all sims will age together, but you can slow this down significantly by setting things to "Epic", which is roughly equivalent to playing 30 TS2 famblies in rotation, or use "TS2 Mode" to age like TS2.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Shelbo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: 2010 April 13, 21:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhh so I've been gone for a long time and updated everything, but the ctrl+shift+click isn't working on anything.....Am I doing something wrong? I entered showconfig in the cheat menu, and it shows that awesomemod is installed and working....soo I need a little help lol

I have version 1.11
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: 2010 April 14, 06:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to enable the debug modes, as they are disabled by default. Where might you do that?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: 2010 April 14, 16:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spawnmoreoverlords does not seem to work anymore. It always says it's an unknown command.

Nevermind, it was the fact that my Awesomeconfig file was in the Compatibility Files part of my Mod folder. This Compatibility thing is getting very very annoying when placing mods. I hate Windows 7...
« Last Edit: 2010 April 14, 16:34:13 by ElectricSimmer » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: 2010 April 14, 16:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What "compatibility files"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: 2010 April 15, 02:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spawnmoreoverlords does not seem to work anymore. It always says it's an unknown command.

Nevermind, it was the fact that my Awesomeconfig file was in the Compatibility Files part of my Mod folder. This Compatibility thing is getting very very annoying when placing mods. I hate Windows 7...

What has Windows 7 got to do with anything?  Either save the config file directly to your mods/packages folder when you create it, or save it elsewhere then copy/paste or cut/paste and move it to the mods/packages folder.

I use windows 7 and have no idea what these Compatibility Files are you're talking about, and don't have any problems installing AM and the Config file in the right location.

Edit: fixed your/you're again.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 15, 02:40:46 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: 2010 April 15, 02:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use windows 7 and have no idea what these Compatibility Files are your talking about, and don't have any problems installing AM and the Config file in the right location.

Your = possessive (Like your avatar)
You're = You are

I am getting such a kick out of watching you do this time and time again, especially when I look at your avatar.  Thank you for the LOLZ.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: 2010 April 15, 02:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting such a kick out of watching you do this time and time again, especially when I look at your avatar.  Thank you for the LOLZ.

You are welcome.  Glad the mistakes are beneficial in some way.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jfgraves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: 2010 April 15, 03:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merlin... I think the r-tard above is confusing compatability file with the compatability view.... LEARN HOW TO USE UR COMPUTER NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: 2010 April 15, 12:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merlin... I think the r-tard above is confusing compatibility file with the compatibility view.... LEARN HOW TO USE UR COMPUTER NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's the n00b now?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
jfgraves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: 2010 April 16, 00:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bite me Freezerburn! I was high off of pain meds when I wrote that!. Btw, nice avitar.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: 2010 April 16, 18:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bite me Freezerburn! I was high off of pain meds when I wrote that!. Btw, nice avatar.
And what is your excuse now?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: 2010 April 16, 21:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, what is with the cutesy r-tard? What an F**** cunt.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: 2010 April 17, 01:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bite me Freezerburn! I was high off of pain meds when I wrote that!. Btw, nice avatar.
And what is your excuse now?

Failure is not an option. I was about to poke him/her about that, but being an ESL makes me think that is some kind of slang.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: 2010 April 17, 01:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a feature (or, barring that, an Awesome-compatible mod) that allows users to see if a person is a Young Adult or Adult? It's slightly annoying to woo a person and find that your Sim is ~10 days to Adult and your potential love interest is ~5 days to Elder.

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: 2010 April 17, 01:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a feature (or, barring that, an Awesome-compatible mod) that allows users to see if a person is a Young Adult or Adult? It's slightly annoying to woo a person and find that your Sim is ~10 days to Adult and your potential love interest is ~5 days to Elder.

Well, this may not be a complete fix, but I like to "resetage" any sim I'm wooing to make sure that they are at least at the start of their adult phase.

edited for stupid error

INTP.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: 2010 April 17, 03:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A feature in Twallian's Super computer allows you to see lists of all the sims in the hood who are of a given age.  I don't remember exactly what the path is from "Master Controller" but in the end you can get a nice list of everyone who is Adults, or eveyone who is YA.  Oh, and you can also click on the target sim and choose "Master Controller->Staus->Personal" and it lists a bunch of info about the target sim (I think it lists age since that would make sense).  You can also vew "Master controller->Status->Relatinship" to see how many sims they know and if they've been flirting with other sims.  You can also view thier family tree under the "Basic" menu.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: 2010 April 17, 23:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the "Work on Late Homework" tone for sim kids at school no longer available?  I haven't really paid attention to this for awhile, so I don't know if it was borked with a patch or not.  I know there was a patch that kept this from being available if the "do homework" option wasn't available, so I guess I assumed that it got lost at that time.

I was trying to figure out how I could set up a default work tone for a couple of jobs, and in my poking around in awesomemod to see how the "late homework" was implemented, I noticed that the default work tones I was looking for were already set up in another function in there.  But my chosen sims don't get those default tones, whether I'm currently playing them or not.

So I decided to check on the homework at school tone for my sim kids, and none of them have it available.  They all have the default "normal effort".

Is it something I have to have set in the config?  Or do I have a conflict?  It seems that I did notice at one time, a long time ago, that my sim kids weren't getting the late homework tone any more, but I don't think I had any other mods at the time.  And I only have a couple of mods besides AM, anyway.

I couldn't find anything anywhere that discussed this.  I've been trying to figure out how to set up a default work tone for a couple of weeks so my playable but not current household sims would default to the tone I would give them if I was playing them, but my searches kept coming up short.  I finally was looking at a tutorial on core modding, which I really don't feel up to getting into at this time, when I found this function in AM.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Pretentious
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
CAS slider scale multiplier
« Reply #2394 on: 2010 April 17, 23:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's strange...

I've downloaded AwesomeMod config multiple times, each time with different settings. But I still end up with 5 x range for CAS sliders (I did enable the sliders and deleted caches between each download). I've tried removing mods but it's not helping. It worked fine days ago but I can't figure out what caused this. I do remember how I had to uninstalled all the .Sims3Packs because of unwanted stuff in my game. I did install everything again plus a new world while having AwesomeMod left in the folders.

It's not the end of the world but I'm not used to it. So has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas how to fix this?
« Last Edit: 2010 April 17, 23:46:45 by Pretentious » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: CAS slider scale multiplier
« Reply #2395 on: 2010 April 18, 01:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only there was a thread for basic awesomemod questions.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: CAS slider scale multiplier
« Reply #2396 on: 2010 April 18, 16:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's strange...

I've downloaded AwesomeMod config multiple times, each time with different settings. But I still end up with 5 x range for CAS sliders (I did enable the sliders and deleted caches between each download). I've tried removing mods but it's not helping.

Well, obviously, the 5x is set somewhere.  If it is not in the cache, it is in a configuration file.  Delete the cache and AM configuration file and the 5x will go away.  If you delete the AM config and the 5x is still there, you still have a AM config out there somewhere.  Find and delete.  Repeat as necessary.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Mesha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: 2010 April 18, 19:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the most recent AwesomeMod dated 4/9/10? That's the one I downloaded today and I keep getting the message saying it's expired.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: 2010 April 19, 02:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear your cache.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Mesha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile