More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:21:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736637 times)
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2300 on: 2010 March 12, 08:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the hell would you install WA *after* HELS? Are you retarded? Maybe that's your problem right there.

Re-install the ENTIRE framework - you also need that .dll file and the resource.cfg file. They are pretty darn important.

Also, what is up with that moronic signature?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: 2010 March 12, 09:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I missing a step?

It sounds like you have missed more than one step, more like you have missed the whole fucking staircase.

Read more and all will be revealed, especially if you try using that little box in the upper left called search.

Please, I would really appreciate your help.

If you really want help, start by helping yourself first,  think along the lines of the saying about some mythical, magical being helping those who help themselves, same shit applies here.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: 2010 March 12, 11:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say thanx but clearly politeness is something wrong around here =)
& for my signature, if u don't like it then probably wizard_merlin's taste in pictures is more suitable for you =)

I already tried using the search box many times, but cuz of the language gap I keep on missing something.
I would visit a site in my own language but I didn't find any for TS3 problems.

So now, I uninstall WA & HELS the reinstall them in the right order. After that I place the Mods back to TS3 folder, right?
Please excuse my slow understanding, but about the resource.cfg & .dll can anyone explain more or give me a link of where should I search?

& please try not to be rude =)
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: 2010 March 12, 11:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the FAQ. Currently, you are doing several things that are strongly discouraged, which will make sure that no one will feel inspired to help you or even be "polite". Also, not being a native English speaker doesn't magically make someone unable to use the search function or find threads that have been placed in plain sight because they contain basic instructions. Most of us non-native speakers get by just fine.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: 2010 March 12, 12:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete that ridiculous signature, and don't say "u" for "you" or "thanx" for "thanks".

Politeness is in fact perfectly acceptable around here but do not expect it, especially if you started off on the wrong foot by being so irritating. Stop telling everyone how special you are, fake cutesy-poo doesn't cut it here. Thanking people when they have given you advice is not required, that is what the "thanks" button is for.

There are WHOLE THREADS that answer your questions. Read them.

More F than you
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: 2010 March 12, 14:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

& for my signature, if u don't like it then probably wizard_merlin's taste in pictures is more suitable for you =)

Actually the problem with your signature is that it takes too long to load, and for those of us that are pushing the bandwidth limits as it is; it is downright annoying.   Isn't there a rule in the FAQ that states what size and resolution the signatures need to conform to?  I believe you have exceeded those regulations.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: 2010 March 12, 21:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already tried using the search box many times, but cuz of the language gap I keep on missing something.
I would visit a site in my own language but I didn't find any for TS3 problems.

So now, I uninstall WA & HELS the reinstall them in the right order. After that I place the Mods back to TS3 folder, right?
Please excuse my slow understanding, but about the resource.cfg & .dll can anyone explain more or give me a link of where should I search?

No, you do NOT just copy the damn Mods folder. You re-install the entire framework, following the instructions in a thread called *gasp* HOW TO INSTALL AWESOMEMOD. How damn difficult is that, even if you are ESL? Read u sum of that thread, it's right here in the section called... wait for it... Awesomemod!

Also, it is obvious that its next question will be: "what FAQ is?"

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: 2010 March 13, 01:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the problem with your signature is that it takes too long to load, and for those of us that are pushing the bandwidth limits as it is; it is downright annoying.   Isn't there a rule in the FAQ that states what size and resolution the signatures need to conform to?  I believe you have exceeded those regulations.

From the FAQ:

How not to post part 2: Emoticonning and Signature Images
 Smiley Cheesy Wink Grin Shocked Tongue  Wow!!!!11!  This is stupid!!elevnty1!!!   Angry Sad Lips sealed   Roll Eyes
If there are more than two emoticons in your post, your post is either too long or you are retarded.  Fix it, without double posting.  If you use off-site emoticons, keep them reasonably sized, please.  Further, while cat macros and related images are encouraged where appropriate, images in signatures are often not appreciated.  Signature images, if used, should not be taller than your avatar.

Short version: Get rid of that fucking sig, Tardess.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: 2010 March 13, 01:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is highly doubtful that you even tried a search.  I just typed your problem in the search bar, and the 5th result answers your question.  It took less than 15 seconds to find.

If you want some advice, I suggest you go and find the person who set your game up last time to use mods and ask them to do it again, because it is clearly obvious that it sure as hell wasn't you.  Otherwise you could try MTS as they have plenty of tools for dummies that don't require any kind of real brain power, just the ability to read instructions.  However, as you obviously can't read the instructions here, I suspect you'll have the same fucking problem over there.

simmah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: 2010 March 14, 22:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello!  Yes, I set it with the online config tool.

Hello! I'm trying to get enough information to help you.
Oh never mind, it is too late in the evening for me to give a crap.  I guess your neighborhood is just buggy.

Hi Goddess.  I guess I'm a little confused.  I thought I answered your question.  You asked if I enabled the option via the online tool and I said yes.  You could be right about the bugginess though.  I actually had the Indie Stone mod installed before in this neighborhood, but I deleted it.  Perhaps it jacked up my neighborhood permanently even though the mod is gone.  I have started a new hood, so we'll see if that helps.  Thank you for your time! 

So I assume that this feature works for everyone else?  I didn't see anyone say whether it did or didn't. I'm just curious.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: 2010 March 15, 05:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I read that as sarcasm.  Politeness is in short order here.  Yes, others have succeeded in having more than 8 persons in their families.  I don't have any families that large in my hood at the moment, but I have in the past and the mod works fine.  Double check to make sure it is enabled.   You can do that in game by typing ‘ShowConfig' in the cheat bar. 
Sometimes other mods work against each other.  If you have more than just AwesomeMod in your mods folder try temporarily removing all of them except AwesomeMod.  Check to see if the game works that way.  Then put your mods back one at a time, checking the game in-between each one to find which might be in conflict.
If you are still having problems, make sure you are up to date on your patches and the latest AM.  Than try typing ‘fixall' in the cheat bar. 
simmah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: 2010 March 16, 05:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I read that as sarcasm.  Politeness is in short order here.  Yes, others have succeeded in having more than 8 persons in their families.  I don't have any families that large in my hood at the moment, but I have in the past and the mod works fine.  Double check to make sure it is enabled.   You can do that in game by typing ‘ShowConfig' in the cheat bar. 
Sometimes other mods work against each other.  If you have more than just AwesomeMod in your mods folder try temporarily removing all of them except AwesomeMod.  Check to see if the game works that way.  Then put your mods back one at a time, checking the game in-between each one to find which might be in conflict.
If you are still having problems, make sure you are up to date on your patches and the latest AM.  Than try typing ‘fixall' in the cheat bar. 

Haha.  Yes, i've noticed people are quite feisty here.  Cheesy  No worries.  Other than my brief foray into Indie Stone, AM is the only mod I use now..who needs any other?  Wink  I'll try the showconfig and fixall though.  Very nice tips!  Thank you!!
escagirluk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: 2010 March 17, 13:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question. If I have awesomemod, and twallan's story progression mod, can I also have the same-sex-pregnancy mod, or will awesomemod still interfere with that?
bellalunarena
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: 2010 March 17, 19:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've lurked as a guest for about two years now, and I just have to say I'm glad I lurked, as it probably spared me some teasing. I was having problems with Awesomemod not working with my most recently patched game (with WA installed as well). I had Sims 3 installed on a previous computer, also with Awesomemod, and it worked fine.

I almost went crazy trying to get it to work...and then suddenly today, after reading through many threads, I found what I had done wrong, and felt so n00bish it wasn't even funny.

I had placed the aweconf file correctly...but I had neglected to install awesome.package.

I felt like such a douche. So if anyone's having issues with getting Awesomemod to work...make sure you've installed the awesome.package as well as the aweconf file, if you chose to set the configurations that way.

That's my helpful tip. I am fully prepared to be mercilessly made fun of for my gross oversight.  Grin
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: 2010 March 17, 19:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed lately that my inactive Sims are throwing parties. Is this a new feature in Awesome, or did EAxis actually fix that feature?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: 2010 March 17, 21:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've lurked as a guest for about two years now, and I just have to say I'm glad I lurked, as it probably spared me some teasing. I was having problems with Awesomemod not working with my most recently patched game (with WA installed as well). I had Sims 3 installed on a previous computer, also with Awesomemod, and it worked fine.

I almost went crazy trying to get it to work...and then suddenly today, after reading through many threads, I found what I had done wrong, and felt so n00bish it wasn't even funny.

I had placed the aweconf file correctly...but I had neglected to install awesome.package.

I felt like such a douche. So if anyone's having issues with getting Awesomemod to work...make sure you've installed the awesome.package as well as the aweconf file, if you chose to set the configurations that way.

That's my helpful tip. I am fully prepared to be mercilessly made fun of for my gross oversight.  Grin

9 times out of 10 when someone comes for support the issue turns out to be some ridiculously simple step that got forgotten.   I can't tell you how many times I have had to explain that the ‘circle with a line going through the bottom' IS the power button.  Glad you were able to find it without getting flamed.   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: 2010 March 17, 22:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed lately that my inactive Sims are throwing parties. Is this a new feature in Awesome, or did EAxis actually fix that feature?
Oh? What do you mean? That feature has always sort-of existed, but I don't think it triggered often.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: 2010 March 17, 23:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get notices from inactive Sims that are friends talking about "The first guest has arrived to the party. Better make sure everything is in order!" or similar. But the thumbnail isn't part of my active Family. So I clicked on the thumbnail in the notification, camera zoomed to the inactive Sim having a party, and sure enough, people were arriving with food and swarming the host. I brought one of my Sims to the party (they weren't invited), party carried on, people started leaving, and then when my Sim was the last one to leave, I got another notification about the party being a modest success.

This is the second time I've had inactive Sim parties in maybe 3-4 days since installing WA. The first time, I didn't check it out, but still got the notification of the party results.

I also use twallan's Story Progression mod, but I didn't anything about parties. "Gatherings," sure, but this party didn't fit any of the gathering scenarios -
Campaign Gathering Chance
         Specifies the chance each cycle of a Campaign Gathering scenario firing
         Default: 10
      Family Gathering Chance
         Specifies the chance each cycle of a Family Gathering scenario firing
      Family Visitor Chance
         Specifies the chance each cycle of a Family Visitor scenario firing
         Default: 20
      Friendly Outing Chance
         Specifies the chance each cycle of a Friendly Outing scenario firing
      Friendly Visitor Chance
         Specifies the chance each cycle of a Friendly Visitor scenario firing
      Funeral Gathering
         When enabled, the system allowed to call funeral gatherings when a sim passes on
         Default: True
      Marriage Gathering
         When enabled, the system allowed to call marriage gatherings when two sims are wed
         Default: True
      Maximum Gather Size
         Specifies the maximum number of sims to call for a gathering scenario

The host Sim is not in Politics career to use Campaign parties, the guests were not related to the host, it was not an outing, no one died or got married. I don't think the SP mod is responsible for the parties, but simply providing notifications as I've set the stories to show for Blood or Friends of active family.

If this is not your doing (or twallan's, as those are the only two mods I use), then perhaps EA got something right.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 17, 23:12:52 by funkilla » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: 2010 March 17, 23:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be a Twallanian Story feature, then.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: 2010 March 18, 00:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question. If I have awesomemod, and twallan's story progression mod, can I also have the same-sex-pregnancy mod, or will awesomemod still interfere with that?

AM is a core mod and will conflict with any other core mod you attempt to use, if the same sex pregnancy mod is a core mod, what do you think?  Most people when placing mods up for download tend to tell you if it is a core mod or not, go back and check where you intend to get the mod.

If in doubt, try it, if it conflicts, the game won't load and you'll more than likely be advised of a problem.

I also use twallan's Story Progression mod, but I didn't anything about parties. "Gatherings," sure, but this party didn't fit any of the gathering scenarios -

If you're using twallan's Story progression, why not go and ask them over there about it, as they are a hell of a lot more likely to know what it does, and answer your questions about it.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 18, 00:41:20 by wizard_merlin » Logged

funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: 2010 March 18, 01:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question wasn't about what the Gatherings in twallan's mod entails, but rather if inctive Sim parties was something part of AwesomeMod. Seeing as Pescado answered that it isn't in AwesomeMod by way of pointing the finger at Twallan, the question is answered. I don't care what Gatherings do, just wondering where the parties are coming from by process of elimination.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2321 on: 2010 March 18, 04:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question:  Lately, some of my sims have lost the ability to see chosen tags from the neighbourhood view.  This seems to be completely random.  The sims don't really have anything in common, nor are they in the same household.  It hasn't caused any major problems yet, but I am still worried - something similar to this happened earlier, and the family ended up fried.

Let's see - we have Lily Lum, in business, played only once since I ported using Twallan's porter; we have Blair Wainwright and Tamara Donner, both living together.  Both were pulled up the career ladder unwantedly, but not Lily Lum, so that can't be it.  So what the heck is it?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: 2010 March 18, 05:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question:  Lately, some of my sims have lost the ability to see chosen tags from the neighbourhood view.  This seems to be completely random.  The sims don't really have anything in common, nor are they in the same household.  It hasn't caused any major problems yet, but I am still worried - something similar to this happened earlier, and the family ended up fried.

Let's see - we have Lily Lum, in business, played only once since I ported using Twallan's porter; we have Blair Wainwright and Tamara Donner, both living together.  Both were pulled up the career ladder unwantedly, but not Lily Lum, so that can't be it.  So what the heck is it?

Maybe it's the Irish Whiskey (happy Patty's Day) but I'm not understanding what your question is.  Just to be clear I have somewhere around 30 chosen Sims, and never has all 30 showed up with balloons in map view.  My guess is that they are not doing anything note worthy.  I.e. Sleeping, peeing, veging…
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: 2010 March 18, 16:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like every time I start playing my game I'm unable to see any of my chosen sims' map tags.  I just ctrl-click on one of the other chosen sims' lots, remove the view map tag ability, then ctrl-click them again and add it back.

As soon as I remove it, all my chosen sims' tags become visible.  When I add it back, the sims on the lot I changed become visible in map view again.

I've had to do this for quite awhile.  And I had to start my hood over (yet again, because all the crap the patches did to it finally started giving me error 12s constantly) and even with a fresh start it did it.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: 2010 March 18, 16:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I had to start my hood over (yet again, because all the crap the patches did to it finally started giving me error 12s constantly) and even with a fresh start it did it.

Those pesky error 12s quit for me with CFF_Explorer allowing more than 2 gigs of RAM for game play. I think I had to reset it after one of the patches (but it might have been that I restored my computer to an earlier date to undo some other update). Could lack of available RAM be an issue for you?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 19, 03:13:57 by ciane » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: