More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:15:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722466 times)
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2250 on: 2010 February 26, 15:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows Update downloaded an update that crashed my whole system. I lost everything and had to reinstall the operating system. So I've played the game with AweomeMod before the crash and I will tell you, without the mod this game is pretty much a waste of money. I'm really disappointed, but thanks for trying to help me.

You might want to check for a rootkit on your PC, it seems MS patch 977165 causes BSOD if PC has Alureon malware rootkit.
FuzzySockSucker
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: 2010 February 26, 18:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A shortish problem and question.

Problem:  Sometime prior to the AM update on the 13th one of my sims became victim of the "parent of some random vacation locals" bug.  I didn't notice this till yesterday when I finally got about to having him knock up someone (invited to move in foreigner) and took a look at the family tree for the first time (Unmarried, I never twigged to the fact that 'ask to go steady' had stopped showing up).  I was reading another thread about this problem and its been indicated that babies from this situation tend to be a lead up to a BFBVFS.

Question:  While the bug is squashed in AM now, and my AM is at the latest version, will this legacy fuckery of my family tree/relationships still eventually cause a BFBVFS even if I fix the tree/relationships?  The oldest save I have of this neighbourhood has the randomly added vacation locals in the tree, but before the affected sim started making babies.
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2252 on: 2010 February 27, 04:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question that might be stupid, but I really would like to know the answer to this. If this has already been answered, sorry.
If I were to have both AwesomeMod and the SuperComputer installed together, would it affect the story driver or anything else important? I would like to have both of these mods if possible, but I don't want the EA story mode because it's awful.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: 2010 February 27, 04:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both AM and SC play well together, Nekonyami.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: 2010 February 27, 13:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto ciane. I use most of the NRaas mods, including story progression and supercomputer, and they play perfectly nicely with AM.
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2255 on: 2010 February 27, 19:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering my question. I installed the SC and both mods seem to be running well so far.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2256 on: 2010 February 28, 18:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: If I have the configuration set to "no unified billing", do the non-active sims still earn money from their jobs daily?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: 2010 February 28, 23:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: If I have the configuration set to "no unified billing", do the non-active sims still earn money from their jobs daily?

The "unified billing" has nothing to do with sims earning money from their jobs, what makes you think it does?. 

What part of the description "All other households must also pay their bills when the active household does(will occur automatically)." don't you comprehend, or says they don't earn money from working?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: 2010 March 02, 03:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made her come home, when she got there I decided to edit her in CAS to fix her clothes and stuff, I noticed her picture was a little off, her arms were sticking out.. So when I got her into CAS she was a teenager!? I was baffled, but fixed her anyways, exited CAS and she was showing as a teenager on the age meter, with 14 days until being a YA, which was odd seeing as the day before she had 7 days until childhood.. Then I looked up at her, and she was a midget, so to speak! She had teenager clothes/shoes/hair, but she was the size of a child, and walking around like a toddler!! When she walked her body stretched out all funny to accommodate her grown up clothing I assume, lol.
Oddities like this have been reported in unmodified games as well. The cause is not known.
Have you had any insight in the three months since this was posted as to the cause or a possible fix for the midget bug? I've now had two in Asherton. The first one, I'm not sure what her true age was supposed to be. This second one (Kristy Carter) is supposed to be a child. Her true age is shown in the image. I was just checking days to adult on her older sister, Camilla Carter, because one of my chosen is waiting on her to age up so that he can move out of his mom's house with her.

Typical TS3 midget: teen head and clothing, child stature.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2259 on: 2010 March 02, 03:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you edit their size or age in editsim?
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: 2010 March 02, 03:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious, if the sims pictures/map tags, showing up for all the sims my sims know from map view is from AM? I hadn't played in a couple weeks, so once I got HELS I installed it and updated everything. The game itself runs fine, but I noticed from map view today that its showing all the map tags for all sims mine know.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: 2010 March 02, 04:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you edit their size or age in editsim?
Nope. Haven't editsim'ed a single sim. I've done mirror and dresser, but not on Kristy or the other victim.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: 2010 March 02, 05:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. There is no mechanism that presently stops them from doing so, and the cash-earning behavior remains EAxis-default. I may add an option and tie it to TS2Mode + Job Progress.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: 2010 March 02, 06:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious, if the sims pictures/map tags, showing up for all the sims my sims know from map view is from AM? I hadn't played in a couple weeks, so once I got HELS I installed it and updated everything. The game itself runs fine, but I noticed from map view today that its showing all the map tags for all sims mine know.

The next time I loaded up the game, the problem had progressed from sims they knew, to every sim in the neighborhood! You couldn't see the buildings or anything from map view, just sims map tags. Maybe I should post this in the bugs section, since the problem has changed now
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: 2010 March 02, 11:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The next time I loaded up the game, the problem had progressed from sims they knew, to every sim in the neighborhood! You couldn't see the buildings or anything from map view, just sims map tags. Maybe I should post this in the bugs section, since the problem has changed now

In the bug thread Pescado replied to another poster asking about the orange tags "Orange tag is due to story mode telling a sim to do something. It's harmless.". 

I wonder if the high number you are seeing is related to one or more of the config settings for AM, such "InformOnStoryAction"?  I have that one disabled as I really don't care too much about what everyone else gets up to.  It is just a thought, and I may be way off mark.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: 2010 March 02, 20:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that disabled as well. I am curious now as to why it was so severe! When I started a new game, it did not occur at all, for sims they knew or didn't know. Going to go post in bug thread now.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2266 on: 2010 March 03, 21:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod is the cause of the icons for cars when in map or edit town, right?

Are said cars an issue? I'm building a lot(residential) which has lots of cars parked on it, and it will be made community when I'm done. Theres a sea of icons above it for cars with no owners.

Is this an issue apart from an aesthetic one on map view? Sad
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: 2010 March 03, 22:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod is the cause of the icons for cars when in map or edit town, right?

Are said cars an issue? I'm building a lot(residential) which has lots of cars parked on it, and it will be made community when I'm done. Theres a sea of icons above it for cars with no owners.

Is this an issue apart from an aesthetic one on map view? Sad

I have a vehicle parked on my beach that shows a purple bubble in map view, as if it were abandoned.  When I hover over it the caption says that it belongs to the beach.  It will not adversely affect your game in any way.  You can even use the TowDerelict command, which nukes all unmanned vehicles, and the cars on your lot will be unharmed.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2268 on: 2010 March 03, 23:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, that's good ot know. I'd hate for it to cause slowdown or something, because this lot just isn't itself without these cars.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2269 on: 2010 March 04, 04:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is still driving me crazy:  I have the WA registers in my main 'hood, but the AI doesn't want to keep them manned.  I don't know whether awesomeMod intended to solve this problem, but I started using Twallan's register mod to let you choose who was at the register.  It wouldn't let me choose sims that I have not listed as chosen (i.e. the homeless townies), so I removed it.  Now the registers are never operational even if I delete them and put them back in.  Is there a solution out there?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: 2010 March 04, 19:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is still driving me crazy:  I have the WA registers in my main 'hood, but the AI doesn't want to keep them manned.  I don't know whether awesomeMod intended to solve this problem, but I started using Twallan's register mod to let you choose who was at the register.  It wouldn't let me choose sims that I have not listed as chosen (i.e. the homeless townies), so I removed it.  Now the registers are never operational even if I delete them and put them back in.  Is there a solution out there?

I'm not sure how you are playing your game that this might be happening.  I have 3 shops with WA registers in them.  I haven't had a problem with them.  The first time one of your Sims visits the shop the game will send a random unemployed Sim to man the register.  If the Sim comes from a household you play often, they will quit their job at the market when you switch to their household and send them home.  The register will remain unmanned until another active Sim visits the Market.  The game will then choose a new unemployed Sim to take their place.  It might take a while for the new employee to arrive at the market, depending on how far away they live.  I've also seen the game man the cash register, without sending an active Sim.

So; do you have any unemployed adult Sims in your hood to take the job?  Do you have the cash register placed on a kitchen counter? (I'm not sure if it has to be a counter, but that is what I'm using, and what the game uses)  Is there space on both sides of the counter for Sims to stand?  I have never seen a ‘homeless townie used as a cashier.  I created 4 households of jobless folks specifically so my town would have cashiers.  The game gave some of them other jobs but I always have a ready supply of workers to take over when one quits in order to be the boss of one of my other Sims.  I haven't tried Twallan's register mod.  I try to play my game with as few mods as possible.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: 2010 March 06, 00:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also now having the issue with the town residents passing out on the street, pissing themselves and walking around with green clouds. Is there some sort of system is in place to refresh the townie's motives? Or must they manually acquire CPU cycles to fulfill them as controlled sims do? If so, how does that work if they are in low detail mode and what pushes them to do so? I noticed the inactives typically just stand inside their doorways regardless of their dire motives so I'm unaware how they are suppose to be replenished. This issue is resulting in a stagnate in being able to reproduce for the sims I control as every person I invite over gives me the "I'm not in the mood to do that right now" speech when attempting to woohoo.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: 2010 March 06, 04:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could type maxmotives, which refreshes the entire neighborhood, but if your neighborhood's main loops aren't processing, your neighborhood is toast.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MuggleLouise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: 2010 March 06, 06:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got AwesomeMod to work. Hallelujah! Does the lifetimehappiness cheat still work with AwesomeMod? Because for some reason it's telling me that it's an unknown command.
Amandralynn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: 2010 March 06, 12:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love AwesomeMod, it made my game fun again, and worked great for awhile, then suddenly I start to nice that all my sim children are faiiling school, and many of the adults are have either been fired, or about too.  When I play with one family they go to school and work just fine, but I notice that no one else in the town does.  I've searched the forums and have found others with the same problem as well, but I haven't seen any fixes.  Any solution to this problem would be greatfully appreciated.

Things that I have tried include:
-Sacred on and off.
-AllowInactivePerfGain
-Story mode off
-Supreme Commander
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: