More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:19:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734173 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2200 on: 2010 February 19, 11:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's worth twice what I pay for it. Damned good value for money IMHO.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: 2010 February 19, 12:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 questions:

I had a perfectly good, working version of awesomemod which I was required to update as I was told this version had expired.  Why is it necessary to put an expiry date on a version?   There appears to be a compatibility problem as I have taken out everything from my mods folder except the latest awesomemod and config file and my game is still not loading.

I have patched up to 2.3.33.  What further patches do I need to get AM working?

Thanks for any help.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: 2010 February 19, 13:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need ALL the patches, you also need to get the new versions of AM as they are provided. Read JMP's thread and his manual, its all in there.

More F than you
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: 2010 February 19, 13:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you read?  Have a look at the line above the download links, and see if you can work out what version of the game you need to have.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: 2010 February 19, 16:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 questions:

I had a perfectly good, working version of awesomemod which I was required to update as I was told this version had expired.  Why is it necessary to put an expiry date on a version?   There appears to be a compatibility problem as I have taken out everything from my mods folder except the latest awesomemod and config file and my game is still not loading.

Thanks for any help.

WAIT, AWESOMEMOD EXPIRES? AND YOU MUST PATCH? WHAT IS THIS?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: 2010 February 20, 00:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 questions:

Thanks for any help.

WAIT, AWESOMEMOD EXPIRES? AND YOU MUST PATCH? WHAT IS THIS?

They obviously don't have the pay version.

kiwitoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: 2010 February 20, 02:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I've played with awesomemod for about a week now it's started lagging, like sort of skipping. Does anyone know why/how to remedy this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: 2010 February 20, 05:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce. I've used AwesomeMod since the earliest versions, not encountered anything like this before.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: 2010 February 20, 08:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I've played with awesomemod for about a week now it's started lagging, like sort of skipping. Does anyone know why/how to remedy this?

Possibly something in the neighbourhood becoming corrupted.  My recent saved game suddenly started lagging/skipping when increasing the speed to 3 or 4 times.  It hasn't done this for the longest time, and over several games.  However, if I go into a new game, everything is fine, and as it should be.  Therefore I suspect something in the saved game may have become corrupted, thus causing the problem.  It may also be attributable to some bad CC/mods/hacks you are using.

Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: 2010 February 20, 12:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They obviously don't have the pay version.

Sorry, am I missing something?  Is there a version of awesomemod that I can pay for which doesn't expire? If so I would gladly give the bucks as this is a really painful process, especially as I was quite happy with the version I had.

Can't you read?  Have a look at the line above the download links, and see if you can work out what version of the game you need to have.

Yes, I can read.  I see 1.10/2.5/3.10.  I am assuming I am patched to 2.3.33 currently but need to be patched to 2.5 and then 3.1?  Is that assumption correct.  Can I download these patches from the launcher?

You need ALL the patches, you also need to get the new versions of AM as they are provided. Read JMP's thread and his manual, its all in there.

Thank you, but why do I need to get them as they are provided or is it all in the manual?
« Last Edit: 2010 February 20, 12:15:12 by Willee » Logged
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: 2010 February 20, 16:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are missing something: JMP is awesome and we are SO LUCKY that he keeps fixing things that go wrong in the game. AM needs to be updated because each version fixes more stuff. He also only makes AM compatible with the latest version of the game. He makes it available to us free of charge. Now STOP WHINING or go complain to EA about all the problems in their game.

You can get all the patches when you use a legal game via the launcher, I don't know where else you can get them from.

AND STOP ASKING WHY YOU ARE NOT A 0.

More F than you
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: 2010 February 20, 18:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question.
I'm not sure if this is related to AwesomeMod, but this didn't happen to me before.
I have a MacBook Pro, with decent specs. I've played The Sims 3 before without any problems. Lately though, no matter the configuration, the games runs perfectly but like every 3-4 minutes, it's slows down for 30 secs. A slow down similar to when a PC cannot meet the requirements. Then, it returns to it's normal state.
This makes the game almost unplayable, it's very annoying.
Maybe it's kind of obvious, but should i try taking awesomemod out?  Huh
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: 2010 February 21, 03:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pyrobon, you have barely given us any information to go on as far as what your problem could be.  "Decent specs" doesn't mean doodily squat if we don't know the actual information.  We have no clue whether it's the BG or an EP.  We have no clue whether your good experience was prior to any EP or update.  We Have Nothing!
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: 2010 February 21, 05:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that.
I believe problems began after i installed the EP. I had several months without playing The Sims. As soon as i got the EP, and i installed it, i downloaded AwesomeMod and installed it too.
Specs:
Intel core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
2Gb ram
Geforce 8600M Gt 256 mb
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: 2010 February 21, 10:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I can read.  I see 1.10/2.5/3.10.  I am assuming I am patched to 2.3.33 currently but need to be patched to 2.5 and then 3.1?  Is that assumption correct.  Can I download these patches from the launcher?

1.10 is the Base Game version, 2.5 is the WA version and 3.1 is the HELS version.  The current versions that is, until the next EAxis patch comes out.

Sorry about that.
I believe problems began after i installed the EP. I had several months without playing The Sims. As soon as i got the EP, and i installed it, i downloaded AwesomeMod and installed it too.
Specs:
Intel core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
2Gb ram
Geforce 8600M Gt 256 mb

Those specs are close to borderline, definitely NOT what could be described as decent specs for the game.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: 2010 February 21, 10:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like your computer can handle the base game but not the base game plus EP.

More F than you
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: 2010 February 21, 13:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.10 is the Base Game version, 2.5 is the WA version and 3.1 is the HELS version.  The current versions that is, until the next EAxis patch comes out.

Thank you Wizard Merlin for your civil answer.  According to the launcher, my game is currently 2.5.12 so I am patched to WA which is all I have got.  I am not really understanding this incompatibility story as I don't have HELS.  I think my launcher is borked as it will not display anything except the Update page.   

Is there any way around this other than to reinstall both Base and WA and patch.  I know that launcher is a dirty word around here, so can anyone suggest what the sequence of patches is if I am to patch manually.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: 2010 February 21, 14:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're getting an incompatible warning, you need to also patch your base game, which the WA Launcher will not do. You can try launching the base game launcher, maybe that will do the job. Or just patch manually. The Launcher sucks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: 2010 February 21, 14:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way around this other than to reinstall both Base and WA and patch.  I know that launcher is a dirty word around here, so can anyone suggest what the sequence of patches is if I am to patch manually.

Download the dashboard from here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 Just extract and then run the dashboard, it will show you your current game version numbers, corrupt CC (which it can try and fix) and possible conflicting mods.

You can download the patches from here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006  I would recommend downloading them all and keeping them for future use should you need to do a re-install for any reason.

It may be that the launcher didn't do the base game update like it should.  If that's the case, you should be able to apply the patches without having to reinstall everything.  I would recommend making a back-up of your saved games first, then try a fresh game after applying the patches first, and if everything is fine, try an old saved game if you want.  That way you'll know if the old saves are borked or not.

Spiderdom
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: 2010 February 21, 16:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so ever since HELS came out I've been experiencing technical difficulties with my game and AM. When I reinstalled, I removed my downloads from My Computer>EA Games> The Sims 3> Mods> etc... to try and salvage them for the reinstall. The folder was safe on my desktop. After I reinstalled, none of the content, not even AM is properly installing.My downloads folder, complete with framework, is sorted exactly as Scenario 3 from ChilltownNJ's post about getting AM to work with HELS. No content is properly installing, and I've tried to move things around to no avail. Currently, my downloads are in the Mods folder in the TS3 folder under My Computer and the resource.cfg is in that same section. Only d3dx90_31.dll is in the HELS folder.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: 2010 February 21, 23:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently, my downloads are in the Mods folder in the TS3 folder under My Computer and the resource.cfg is in that same section. Only d3dx90_31.dll is in the HELS folder.

This is probably the problem. I put the framework in the most recent installed pack folder, not all over the place. When I install a new pack, I take everything from the previous one and drag it all over to the new one. It works for me. And by the dll being in the HELS folder, I hope you mean in the HELS/Game/Bin folder, otherwise that's another problem.
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: 2010 February 22, 00:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those specs are close to borderline, definitely NOT what could be described as decent specs for the game.

Nevertheless,  i still think it's an odd problem. I believe that if it was simply a thing of my mac not handling it, it would express itself in some other way. It doesn't make any sense that even in the lowest configuration, it's the same behavior than in some of the highest configuration.

And if my mac can handle Bioshock 2, i believe than it should run to certain degree the sims 3 with ONE ep O_o
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2222 on: 2010 February 22, 03:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to solve a mystery. I just started a game in my finished CAW neighbourhood, and my sims can't buy anything from the grocery store except fish and bath products.  I'm sure this worked for me a little while ago.  The only things I can think of that might be related are 1) I am using the WA registers in my hood (none of them sell anything either) and 2) I planted harvestables on the community lots.  Can anybody guess why this is happening?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: 2010 February 22, 04:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to solve a mystery. I just started a game in my finished CAW neighbourhood, and my sims can't buy anything from the grocery store except fish and bath products.  I'm sure this worked for me a little while ago.  The only things I can think of that might be related are 1) I am using the WA registers in my hood (none of them sell anything either) and 2) I planted harvestables on the community lots.  Can anybody guess why this is happening?

I heard a rumor that this can happen if you have certain seeds in your inventory. 
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2224 on: 2010 February 22, 05:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind - it turns out I had an outdated version of the "Cooking and Ingredients" mod from MTS.  Everything works now.  But on the other hand, how do you actually get the General Store and Nectar registers to sell their wares?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: