More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:32:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734144 times)
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2150 on: 2010 February 10, 02:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my problem is, I made a world in CAW, and I gave all the lots in my 'rich' subdivision a 75 for beautiful vista.  In playing the game however, I realized what a mistake this was.  Now I am looking for a way to either remove the beautiful vista moodlet entirely, or reduce it to a smaller value on each individual lot.  Does awesomemod have any functionality like this yet?  If not, I would like to request it. 

Also, I would like to know how to change the address of a lot using Ctrl-click or whatever - if that's possible.  If not, I request that too!

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: 2010 February 10, 03:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question. I am just getting back to playing WA with Windows 7 (I haven't played since late Nov. or December sometime). I don't have the stuff pack yet and not sure when I will be getting it. And the dumb launcher forced me to update to the 2.5.12 patch. My question is am I going to be able to run my game with AM or is it not going to work now?
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: 2010 February 10, 03:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double post. There is a modify button for a reason. Learn to use it.

Also, the new versions are 1.10/2.5/3.1. It isn't really absurd since apparently the new stuff that came with HELS had some stupid bugs.

Look Silent Dreamer, first, I have been a member of this site since 2005, so I am not a Newbie as you are, so shut the fuck up.  Second, I did not double post, they really are two different topics, so kiss my ass on that one.  Third, it is absurd the way that EA seems to update one ahead of Awesome over and over.  Now, go back to your stupid Newbie position and Lurk MOAR!
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: 2010 February 10, 04:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double post. There is a modify button for a reason. Learn to use it.

Also, the new versions are 1.10/2.5/3.1. It isn't really absurd since apparently the new stuff that came with HELS had some stupid bugs.

Look Silent Dreamer, first, I have been a member of this site since 2005, so I am not a Newbie as you are, so shut the fuck up.  Second, I did not double post, they really are two different topics, so kiss my ass on that one.  Third, it is absurd the way that EA seems to update one ahead of Awesome over and over.  Now, go back to your stupid Newbie position and Lurk MOAR!

While I stand corrected in the double post point, I find it hilarious you're telling me to lurk moar when you, twice in a row, have proven you don't lurk enough. Joining in 2005 doesn't make it any more asinine to ask questions you, yourself can answer with some simple T&E. Join date and n00bishness do not work linearly. I admit, I'm still new enough, however I don't think your artificial pedestal is very stable. Pot meeting kettle and all that.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: 2010 February 10, 07:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed fish keep disappearing from the new HELS aquarium, sometimes within less than one Sim day.  Is that a Hand of God thing, or is the aquarium broken?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: 2010 February 10, 07:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my problem is, I made a world in CAW, and I gave all the lots in my 'rich' subdivision a 75 for beautiful vista.  In playing the game however, I realized what a mistake this was.  Now I am looking for a way to either remove the beautiful vista moodlet entirely, or reduce it to a smaller value on each individual lot.  Does awesomemod have any functionality like this yet?  If not, I would like to request it. 

Also, I would like to know how to change the address of a lot using Ctrl-click or whatever - if that's possible.  If not, I request that too!

Have you tried editing each lot by selecting it? I'm new to CAW but I noticed you can (apparently) edit the values by selecting the lot. The info comes up in the middle-left column, if that makes sense. Anyway, I changed the beautiful vista value in one lot that way, although I'm nowhere near testing anything out so I might be wrong about that actually working.

INTP.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2156 on: 2010 February 10, 18:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I already exported the world and started playing it.  I'm looking for a way to edit in-game, so I don't have to rebuild all the buildings and reload the families.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: 2010 February 10, 19:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my problem is, I made a world in CAW, and I gave all the lots in my 'rich' subdivision a 75 for beautiful vista.  In playing the game however, I realized what a mistake this was.  Now I am looking for a way to either remove the beautiful vista moodlet entirely, or reduce it to a smaller value on each individual lot.  Does awesomemod have any functionality like this yet?  If not, I would like to request it.  

Also, I would like to know how to change the address of a lot using Ctrl-click or whatever - if that's possible.  If not, I request that too!

If you bulldoze the lot the Vista goes away completely.  If you want to keep the house, you can package it first and re-lay it after bulldozing.  There is a mod that allows you to alter your vista BF's.  Find it here…
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=366436

You can change the address by selecting ‘edit details' in buy/build mode.  Edit town mode, rather.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: 2010 February 11, 12:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a d/l link for a 2.3 version of AM (for those who still don`t feel that comfortable updating)?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: 2010 February 11, 12:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, because it no longer exists. Suck it up. Patching isn't that painful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: 2010 February 11, 19:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to ensure that the NPC's don't get allocated specific items, and if not is there a way to fix it? One of the maids in my 'hood has the stupid Santa hats and I'm not sure how to get rid of it.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 2010 February 11, 20:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, the nudist colony mod.
DarkAssassin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 2010 February 11, 20:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where's the link to the 2.5 version of awesomemod? The awesomemod thread says that it has been updated to 2.5, but the link only contains the 1.9, 2.4, and 3.0 version.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 2010 February 11, 20:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm, right here?  Would you like me to walk you across the internet superhighway also?
DarkAssassin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: 2010 February 11, 20:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm, right here?  Would you like me to walk you across the internet superhighway also?

Thank you for showing me the link to the 2.4 version, but I asked for the 2.5 version. The thread clearly states that AM has been updated to the 2.5 version, but here is what I saw.
OFFICIAL 1.10/2.5/3.1 UPDATE
Updated for latest patch.
Fixed issue with sims spawning with an everyday uniform in every category.

So, where is the update? 
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: 2010 February 11, 21:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wording didn't get changed in the first post, but it is indeed the updated mod.
DarkAssassin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: 2010 February 12, 00:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wording didn't get changed in the first post, but it is indeed the updated mod.

Ok, thanks for clearing up the confusion.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: 2010 February 12, 00:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When in doubt, download the awesome.zip file from the main page, and then read the rtmf.txt file included in the .zip file, it shows what updates it is currently compatible with, and also contains a detailed list of bugfixes.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 12, 13:19:22 by ChilltownNJ » Logged
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: 2010 February 12, 01:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to ensure that the NPC's don't get allocated specific items, and if not is there a way to fix it? One of the maids in my 'hood has the stupid Santa hats and I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

If you have AM installed you should be able to type the cheat, "mirror [sim first and last name]" and then have the ability to change the maid's hair and makeup. I've done it before, although it was a while ago.

INTP.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2010 February 12, 09:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have AM installed you should be able to type the cheat, "mirror [sim first and last name]" and then have the ability to change the maid's hair and makeup. I've done it before, although it was a while ago.

Ah thank you so much, that tip will be extremely useful. The Santa hat is definitely not the only stupid NPC hairstyle I've seen, it's just the stupidest.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: 2010 February 15, 09:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you specify what type of fish you want to fish for with Supreme Commander?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: 2010 February 15, 09:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once Supreme Commander is active, CRTL-Click again to pop the Fish Chooser.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 2010 February 15, 09:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once Supreme Commander is active, CRTL-Click again to pop the Fish Chooser.
Ah thanks. Been trying to figure it out since yesterday Smiley
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2173 on: 2010 February 15, 22:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that having censorship turned off leaves it on for using the toilet. Is that supposed to happen? I dont mind that they'd have their pants on, I just hate that dumb censor.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: 2010 February 15, 22:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that having censorship turned off leaves it on for using the toilet. Is that supposed to happen? I don't mind that they'd have their pants on, I just hate that dumb censor.

Yes, Claertard.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: