More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:44:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722559 times)
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2125 on: 2010 February 03, 20:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post a link to where this improved PAY PLUS version of AM that you speak of exists.

I can't post a link, because I wasn't aware of it's existence, or lack of. However, I can post a link where it is mentioned, thus piquing my curiosity.

Did you pay the subscription fee? The free version is crappy, the pay version of Awesome Mod is much better.

I imagine this user was speaking facetiously?

*Silent Dreamer walks away laughing her ass off.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Elektro Guy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: 2010 February 03, 20:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post a link to where this improved PAY PLUS version of AM that you speak of exists.

I can't post a link, because I wasn't aware of it's existence, or lack of. However, I can post a link where it is mentioned, thus piquing my curiosity.

Did you pay the subscription fee? The free version is crappy, the pay version of Awesome Mod is much better.

I imagine this user was speaking facetiously?

Well, if you go to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com you'll see an area you can click on that vaguely explains 'whatever' for the $39.95 subscription fee.  There's even a sale going on right now!  Awesome!!  But that might be for new customers...who knows...

Without more details on whatever it is I'm buying (an improved AwesomeMod?; the one and only Awesome V.I.P. area?; who really knows?), I'll be fine with the free version of AwesomeMod, and I'm more likely to make a donation for it since the mod really does improve Sims 3, even though I have some homeless people running around, and I can't seem to get Unified Depreciation enabled in-game (but it's enabled in the optional configuration pack...weird).

'hoy, small fry!
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: 2010 February 04, 01:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the subscription version.  It's cool to be able to come up with any interaction I want with any properties I want and have the subscription version incorporate it into the game.  I love my "Bow in Worship of [my real name]" interaction. Wink

Actually, I'll give you a little hint if you want to figure out what's really going on:

See the "Attention KMart Shoppers" box in the upper right corner of the screen.  See if there's anything in there that suggests whether or not this site would be run for profit.
zanzertem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: 2010 February 04, 01:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thanks to those that answered my question, albeit in a very roundabout way. I hope I have brought you MOAR LULZ. This is a lesson to not take things so literally.

I will resume my status of LURK MOAR and on the sad day I return I hope to be less retarded.

Feel free to continue to mock me and serve Him MOAR LULZ.
Lightnings-Shadow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: 2010 February 04, 14:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a problem with AM.
First off, I use a Mac OS X and have not bought World Adventures yet. I Just now downloaded and 'installed' Framework and AM following coconnor's instructions (placed AM in the Mods>Packages folder and Resources.cfg in the Sims 3 directory). When I first tried the game, it loaded fine but gave me a pop up saying something along the lines of, "We can't verify that you're using a valid Sims 3 CD. Contact Customer Support." Then it quit the game. So, I removed FW and AM from the folder and tried loading the game again. Loaded fine. I then quit out and put FW and AM back in the S3 directory to see if the problem was lingering or a one-time thing. Interestingly enough the game loaded fine and I didn't get the Customer Support pop up. So I started playing, opened up the cheat console, and typed 'showconfig'. I got an 'unknown command' message.

What should I do about this?
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: 2010 February 04, 16:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I use a Mac OS X and have not bought World Adventures yet. I Just now downloaded and 'installed' Framework and AM following coconnor's instructions (placed AM in the Mods>Packages folder and Resources.cfg in the Sims 3 directory). When I first tried the game, it loaded fine but gave me a pop up saying something along the lines of, "We can't verify that you're using a valid Sims 3 CD. Contact Customer Support." Then it quit the game. So, I removed FW and AM from the folder and tried loading the game again. Loaded fine. I then quit out and put FW and AM back in the S3 directory to see if the problem was lingering or a one-time thing. Interestingly enough the game loaded fine and I didn't get the Customer Support pop up. So I started playing, opened up the cheat console, and typed 'showconfig'. I got an 'unknown command' message.

Try downloading a fresh AM and reload it in your game. I run Mac OS too, I'm still troubleshooting my game because i can't seem to get it to work. Also...uhm, try taking out any cc and just leave AM. I find it to work that way when I do it, that way when you put back your cc you know it can't be AM and it must be something else you're doing.. Hope I helped..If not...*shrug*

Edit: And the "We can't verify that blah blahzy blah" message i think has to do with you running the game for the first time and either not registering it or SecuROM being a retard...just a guess, I could be wrong though  Huh
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: 2010 February 04, 20:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thanks to those that answered my question, albeit in a very roundabout way. I hope I have brought you MOAR LULZ. This is a lesson to not take things so literally.

I will resume my status of LURK MOAR and on the sad day I return I hope to be less retarded.

Feel free to continue to mock me and serve Him MOAR LULZ.

I just have one comment then I'll drop this, a comment about something much more obvious than the roundabout way I suggested you find your answer, the point I'd have made if I had wanted to answer your question directly rather than give a roundabout hint:

What sense would it make to have a secret subscription version of AM, regardless of anyone's feeling about pay sites?  A subscription version, if enough improved, would make some sense if Pescado were in favor of pay sites.  A secret version...perhaps, if Pescado wanted to give extra features to people he really likes.  It would be a lot of work to keep both versions going; but while highly unlikely, it's not unthinkable.

But if there were a subscription version, it would be done for profit (or at least for income).  So why wouldn't he want as many people as possible to know about it, so as to maximize income?  Would T$R keep the fact that subscribers can get extra pay content secret?  Isn't it in their best interest to advertise that?  Now, T$R's spyware and the like is what's secret.  But I think you'd find that any site that offered a paid version of content wouldn't have it "secret."

That was the lulzy part to me.  Having a "secret subscription version" is something that no one would ever do.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2132 on: 2010 February 04, 22:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be secret if it was illegal.  Maybe he's offering content that is inappropriate, like something where you could eat your babies - that would be sick.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: 2010 February 04, 22:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be secret if it was illegal.  Maybe he's offering content that is inappropriate, like something where you could eat your babies - that would be sick.

BAhahahaha!!!  Cheesy
Lightnings-Shadow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: 2010 February 05, 16:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try downloading a fresh AM and reload it in your game. I run Mac OS too, I'm still troubleshooting my game because i can't seem to get it to work. Also...uhm, try taking out any cc and just leave AM. I find it to work that way when I do it, that way when you put back your cc you know it can't be AM and it must be something else you're doing.. Hope I helped..If not...*shrug*

Edit: And the "We can't verify that blah blahzy blah" message i think has to do with you running the game for the first time and either not registering it or SecuROM being a retard...just a guess, I could be wrong though  Huh

Thanks. I'm gonna try that now...

Took out FW and AM (slipped my mind that you only said AM - my bad) and opened the game launcher. The Welcome tab is showing this "HTTP Status 500" error page; an 'Exception Report' with the given description being, "The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request." This remained even I put FW back, and when I deleted AM. I took FW out again and tried loading the game despite the strange Welcome-tab error page. Loaded fine, seemed to play fine. Same when I put FW back. (I know; I do too much. Grin) Re-downloaded AM, and placed it in Mods>Packages folder. Game loaded fine again (error message still on the Welcome tab!) but 'showconfig' still said 'Unknown Command'. *headdesk*
I don't think Custom Content's an issue here. I downloaded FW and AM at the same time; everything that could be considered CC was downloaded straight form the Sims 3 website with the free points. And as for "running the game for the first time", I've been playing TS3 for a couple months now. But that message hasn't showed up again yet, so... meh.

Hmm... looking back at the install instructions on the Manual page...
Place in TS3/Mods/Packages. Requires Hack Framework.
Install optional configuration package.
Delete the file MYDOCU~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/scriptcache.package.

... yeah. *skullcrack* Someone's pointing at this and laughing at me right now. Shamelessly.  Embarrassed Okay, NOW let me try it...

Loads fine, same ol' same ol'... aaaand, 'Unknown Command' again. Cry

Any other ideas?
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: 2010 February 05, 18:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sick isn't the word for it!  Why would you want to eat your own babies?  It would be a better mod if it would allow other people to "EAT" your babies.   Wink 

Om Nom Nom Nom!
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18005.0.html
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: 2010 February 05, 18:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The nice thing about the pay version is it has no bugs... and never has had any bugs.
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: 2010 February 05, 21:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pay version is  CLEARLY sooo much better..you can make your simmies FLY O_O!! and they can go to the moon..and...and and and you can even have like..a like ginormous block party and watch like 1000+ simmies dancing the smustle...Viva AM Pay!!

*Silently walks away
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: 2010 February 05, 21:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pay version is  CLEARLY sooo much better..you can make your simmies FLY O_O!! and they can go to the moon..and...and and and you can even have like..a like ginormous block party and watch like 1000+ simmies dancing the smustle...Viva AM Pay!!

*Silently walks away

STAY SILENT AND KEEP WALKING.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: 2010 February 05, 21:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Silently walks away

Good, take your tardly tripe with you.
Lightnings-Shadow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: 2010 February 05, 22:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Silently walks away

Haha! Seriously! But you can't forget the Jedi powers. Or the Shoop Da Woop toggle. XD
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: 2010 February 06, 00:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Silently walks away

Haha! Seriously! But you can't forget the Jedi powers. Or the Shoop Da Woop toggle. XD

Someone delete this shit or move it to Retardo land?
Poking fun is only open for those who are MORE awesome. Not for those who are more retarded than the retard who is being poked at.

Edit: Verb-tense fail.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 06, 00:27:47 by immortelleMuse » Logged

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: 2010 February 06, 02:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear Lord I'm so glad you guys were just joking about all this PayMod jazz, I seriously thought it was going pay haha!  Cheesy Someone please slap a "guillible" tag on me somewhere lol... :X
Although, special jedi-ninja powers for my sims wouldn't be a bad idea... o_O

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Mastra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: 2010 February 06, 06:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that annoys me is the male townies never seem to give themselves a beard/razor stubble. Is this something that can be remedied with awesomemod to add a bit of variety?
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: 2010 February 06, 11:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about elders losing their facial hair. What's up with that?
ooglafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: 2010 February 06, 18:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always assumed that pay page would break your game for being so stupid to think that it was real pay content, so I ran in terror.

My sims ate their babies all the time in Sims 2. It was a good free source of food. If I was gunning for a girl and they had 6 boys in row they would actually get fat. Can't remember if I've posted here or not, but I suspect not. So feel free to abuse me.
Mentally Slow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: 2010 February 08, 14:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To J.M.

I have very recently noticed this revision note :

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.msg518610.html#msg518610

and was particularly interested by this sentence:

Enabled non-standard pollination ONLY if valid outfits available & at science lab: May require third-party pollinators to perform pollination.

So I sent my (married) simsladies to the science lab. There, in the test room, they could only kiss or woohoo. So AwesomeMod WILL require another mod to work fine.

Which brings my question: what pollinator-mod do you recommend? And where can we find it?
The peasantry here, at MATY, never did such thing. Same for Twallan, of NRAAS Industries. The only mod I could find is the one from MTS2, but it is no longer supported, and does not work with the latest versions of the game.

Thanks in advance Smiley
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: 2010 February 08, 20:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the latest version of AwesomeMod work with the latest patch version 2.4.7?  I have been holding off patching my game but cannot find any info on it.

ETA: I should have searched with just 2.4 and I would have found my answer.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: 2010 February 09, 23:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so AwesomeMod has a new updated version and I let the Launcher update my game.  But my game is now version 1.1/2.5.  This is getting absurd.  Should I yank AwesomeMod or continue with my fingers crossed?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: 2010 February 09, 23:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double post. There is a modify button for a reason. Learn to use it.

Also, the new versions are 1.10/2.5/3.1. It isn't really absurd since apparently the new stuff that came with HELS had some stupid bugs.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: