More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 16:05:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1732718 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2025 on: 2010 January 26, 21:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Well, that would explain why weeks have passed without anyone EVER moving in. Great...

And it says runstoryaction is an unknown command.
mrclopes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: 2010 January 26, 21:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Nrass Story Progression compatible with Awesome mod? I noticed both have similar, if not equal features.
If yes, should I turn off equivalent features in Nrass? So Awesome takes precedence when managing some aspects of my game like Unifed Billing, Job Perfomance gain, and so on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: 2010 January 26, 22:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Nrass Story Progression compatible with Awesome mod? I noticed both have similar, if not equal features.
Twallanian Story is a story progression module that operates seperately from AwesomeMod. You can use them together, but no support can be provided if Twallanian Story does something weird. AwesomeStory is inoperable if Twallanian Story is installed, so none of the options pertaining to AwesomeStory will do anything if you have Twallanian Story.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2028 on: 2010 January 26, 22:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I do "Runstoryaction create household" I get "unknown command". :|
mrclopes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: 2010 January 26, 22:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I do "Runstoryaction create household" I get "unknown command". :|

you need to setconfig EnableDebugCommands true or DebugCommands true, something like that
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2030 on: 2010 January 26, 22:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh alright, now I get "FAIL! Failed to create storyAction, "Create Household""

:|

Supercomputer, awesomemod, debug enabler, all this stuff and I STILL can't get a simple household to move into the damn neighborhood? jesus christ.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: 2010 January 26, 22:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supercomputer, awesomemod, debug enabler, all this stuff and I STILL can't get a simple household to move into the damn neighborhood? jesus christ.

So make your own and move it in. Jesus fuck, quit your bitching and do some work.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: 2010 January 26, 22:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait until I add "spawnmoreoverlords", then.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2033 on: 2010 January 26, 22:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So make your own and move it in. Jesus fuck, quit your bitching and do some work.

It's not bitching, ass, I'm looking for a way to do it. Considering this is a basic built-in fucking feature of the game, it shouldn't be THAT hard to get the game to function how it is supposed to- with families moving into town every so often. I'm not going to create and edit the funds of and move in 80 families, the game is SUPPOSED to be able to do that for me to begin with.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: 2010 January 26, 22:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So get your sim a job and have him or her interact with coworkers and bosses that must be spawned.  At this time, AwesomeStory only allows for this type of immigration, otherwise it works with what is already there.  Most people do not want hood spam families.  You are free to not use AwesomeStory or wait to see if/when new features are implemented.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2035 on: 2010 January 26, 23:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as it stands it seems like allowing sims to randomly move in needs to be a config option, rather than just downright 100% disabled. I'm not sure why it was taken away, I'm sure there's a reason, but now that we can have new worlds and they are usually started from scratch, allowing sims to move in is a necessity. It took long enough to freaking build/place 90 lots worth of houses, much like a real town it should just start filling up on its own, as intended.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: 2010 January 26, 23:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as it stands it seems like allowing sims to randomly move in needs to be a config option, rather than just downright 100% disabled. I'm not sure why it was taken away, I'm sure there's a reason, but now that we can have new worlds and they are usually started from scratch, allowing sims to move in is a necessity. It took long enough to freaking build/place 90 lots worth of houses, much like a real town it should just start filling up on its own, as intended.

Mine is filling just fine. I have homeless sims that were spawned to be coworkers (children/teens for the school "friends" and adults for the workplaces) and are now moving in just fine. I made a set of like eight starter sims. They began breeding with each other and with the randomly spawned sims. Within a few generations my town will be populated fully. I planned it accordingly. It works.

Do you have affordable houses? Otherwise no, your homeless will never move in. Clearly, you're doing something wrong.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: 2010 January 26, 23:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, within a couple of generations, I have to start removing cribs.  It is kind of funny to watch the sims duke it out over who gets the right to breed.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: 2010 January 26, 23:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed very few sims in my game are getting married. In fact, the only ones who have recently gotten married are the ones I've prodded along to make it happen. The current situation that my town has am abnormally large single elder population, all going around having affairs with each other, while the the much smaller adult popular do little more than age until it's their turn.

Now I know AwesomeMod doesn't just randomly throw two random sims together forever, but I would have thought that more marriages would result from the many romances going on.

Also, one of my sims (Rhoda Bagley, a pre-made) suddenly has a borked family tree. I can't access it at all from her own simology panel, but when I click on her from another sim's tree (where she is still visible) she has no relatives. Also, her brother has vanished entirely. Is there a way to rectify this, or is it a sign of impending doom? Halp?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2039 on: 2010 January 26, 23:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed very few sims in my game are getting married. In fact, the only ones who have recently gotten married are the ones I've prodded along to make it happen. The current situation that my town has am abnormally large single elder population, all going around having affairs with each other, while the the much smaller adult popular do little more than age until it's their turn.

Now I know AwesomeMod doesn't just randomly throw two random sims together forever, but I would have thought that more marriages would result from the many romances going on.

Also, one of my sims (Rhoda Bagley, a pre-made) suddenly has a borked family tree. I can't access it at all from her own simology panel, but when I click on her from another sim's tree (where she is still visible) she has no relatives. Also, her brother has vanished entirely. Is there a way to rectify this, or is it a sign of impending doom? Halp?

Im not sure if it's AM compatible, but there's a "birth manager" mod that functions by clicking on the large modern mirror. It has a set rate of pregnancies to keep the town well populated and balanced. When I first tried it it said I had 55 elders, 10 adults, 3 young adults, 7 teens, 2 kids, 0 toddlers, and 0 babies. After a sim week of using it, I had much, much more satisfying numbers. Now that I remember this, I should try this for my ghost-town woes. Lemme try and find it.

Edit: Oh jesus, how ridiculous. It's HERE.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=16578.0
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: 2010 January 27, 00:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, moving sims in and out randomly is part of EA's story progression and I believe you can only have one SP running at one time. If you had the game from the beginning, you might remember how it would move sims in and out randomly in a crazy manner. It would take out your created sims as quickly as any others since any sim not being actively controlled was considered an npc. Everyone complained about this - after spending time creating a sim in CAS, the game would eat them. DNW. I think EA claims to have fixed this in one of the patches but I haven't used EA's SP in ages so I wouldn't know.

Getting towns populated without EA's crazy methods, however, has been problematic and you're not the first to bring it up. It sounds like AM will include a feature to do this soon. I have also used Twallan's story progression for a few sim weeks to populate my town, then switched back to AM again to make things more sane since too many sims can make your town asplode eventually.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: 2010 January 27, 00:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wasn't so much "taken away" as it was "never implemented". EA Story has it, but when I gave up in EA Story ever making any sense without turning into a giant freezing mess at 0100, and rewrote a new Story Engine from scratch, the implementation simply did not include creating any households, as it evaluates events based on weighting for famblies. Since a nonexistent fambly has no members to act upon, and therefore, no weight, I simply never built a third-tier of event class for creating new households. Additionally, it is very difficult to assess when such a thing should STOP, since the game does not include any tools for effectively polling the user's system lag.

I think you've done something to unravel your neighborhood. I haven't noticed any of these problems in mine, so...I have no idea what is going on.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2042 on: 2010 January 27, 00:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it truly safe to remove AM and use another core for a while?

The birth manager does not work how I thought- it literally(obviously, but I didn't quite catch it) only...manages...births. I was taking it as more of a general population stabilizer- it is not.

So yeah, I'm desperate enough for the town to develop that I'd swap a core mod out long enough for it to do so, but my game died in a fiery explosion last time I dared to remove AM.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: 2010 January 27, 00:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strongly not recommended. AwesomeMod's core is designed to keep your game from blowing up spectacularly in one of the many ways the other cores don't. This means your game can be held running longer than other cores will allow it to remain stable, and removing AwesomeMod's core will undo the stability maintaining aspects, causing a game pushed past its natural EAxian stability point to rapidly destabilize. Think of it like an undead being held together by magic. When you remove the magic that holds it together, it unravels into a mouldy corpse and remains that way. I suggest you just patiently wait for the SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS command.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2044 on: 2010 January 27, 00:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont want to patiently wait. Sad I want to sit here making sad faces until it happens Sad

Sad

That's what I figured anyway. I removed it once to test something that wasn't working, and when I returned I could not select my sim, nor could I choose actions, I could not do anything at all. Town was totally destroyed and never returned.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 27, 05:58:54 by Claeric » Logged
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: 2010 January 27, 02:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not even going to try to speak for Pescado, so I'm only responding to the comment I made earlier regarding using Twallan's story progression. You don't have to remove AM to use it, so AM's anti toading awesomeness is still in your game. This is because Twallan's SP mod is not a core mod so all you have to do is to disable AM's Story Progression until you're done using Twallan's Story Progression, then enable AM's SP again. But it sounds like a revised AM will be out soon anyway so maybe this is all a moot point. Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: 2010 January 27, 02:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't actually even have to disable AwesomeStory to use Twallanian Story. AwesomeStory is automatically disabled if you put in Twallanian Story and cannot be enabled until Twallanian Story is removed, because you cannot have two story modules functioning at once without the game getting tangled into knots.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2047 on: 2010 January 27, 05:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to use this:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=388170

The auto socials are nice enough, but then it includes same sex pregnancy. BUT...apparently awesomemod blocks male pregnancy, for whatever reason. I can't find anything in the config to stop that function. Is there a way to bypass it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: 2010 January 27, 06:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue is being reevaluated as detection methods for the original issue improve. We will get back to you on this.

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: 2010 January 27, 09:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AM have any influence at all on how sims' motives are being recaculated when a household is made active? Asking because I'm having issues with some motives, sometimes, being dropped all the way to 0 for no apparent reason, and I don't remember having that issue when playing with no story progression, but that was also a few patches ago. So I'm not sure whether to post about it in the Bug thread or whether it's just EAxian randomness.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: