More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:14:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722465 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1975 on: 2010 January 13, 18:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes more time to get across town and take a shower and get back than it does to just take a bath. :|
There are ton of variables in that, yes. I could add more detailed computation, but at the moment, the heuristic is simply to find a shower as Option 1. You should therefore design your houses accordingly. The alternative is that I have to code in a system to analyze exact values and yields and compute transit costs and delays based on the available transit modes available to every sim, blah, blah. computational expense, lag, etc.. Or...you know, just accept the superiority of showers and don't try to purposely create conditions designed to give bad performance.

Besides, once the sim leaves the house, there is no rule indicating he has to go back, so he will just continue to go about his business in town.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: 2010 January 16, 03:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime one Sim plays the guitar, another appears in his inventory. At first, I couldn't take the guitar out into the physical world or sell it and I couldn't tell him to play it, but then he played an invisible one on his own one day. Everytime he plays, one more guitar shows in the stack. Now I can usually grab one of the guitars in the stack and drag it to the virtual world. (He currently has a dozen stacked in his inventory.) That lasts until he finishes playing and then one more guitar shows in the stack. Often, I just click on one of the guitars and tell him to play and he plays an invisible one. I think it's the cause of my current error 12 problem, so I will have to move him out with the guitar in his inventory and see if that solves my saving problems.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: 2010 January 16, 12:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar issue show up when I error 12'd, except in my instance it was the most expensive camera. I'm fairly certain the cause was a corrupted Sim somewhere, and forcing the game to save after a 12 BFBVFS'd the whole thing. So if you've saved after this has started showing up, it might end up being new neighbourhood o'clock.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: 2010 January 16, 18:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I get an error 12, I just exit without saving and start it up from the last save. This Sim almost has 200k lifetime points and is close to maxing his guitar skill. I don't need to boot him out of the legacy home to make room for another Sim, but I'll boot him out with the bad guitar if it'll stop the error 12 save problem (after he gets those extra 3k points that'll net another legacy point).
Titano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
"...failed executing Romance"
« Reply #1979 on: 2010 January 17, 11:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello I'm new here.

Recently I've been using the Story Progression from Awesome mod for a custom neighborhood I created because EA's is not as good in my opinion. Since the neighborhood starts up with no sims, I created single young adults and placed them each in a separate house. In my first tries testing my neighborhood I started placing around 20 single sims and made them go one generation. Everything went well aside from the occasional "has no available romance victims." In my most resent try (that means starting the neighborhood from 0 again), I placed 34 single sims, and for the first time I've got the following message from Awesome mod:

I tried looking for a solution around here, since I always always try to find it before posting. I looked for something related to this error in here and even tried googling it but found nothing relevant.

In my first tries I've noticed that the sims in my neighborhood take a while before marring, and when they do they only have two children. Either way, should this message worry me about my sims not getting married or the Story Progression not working properly in my game?

By the way, the neighborhood that I created has all the rabbit-holes that a neighborhood is supposed to have. I mention this since I noticed that the sims usually use them for romance purposes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: "...failed executing Romance"
« Reply #1980 on: 2010 January 17, 11:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Failed Executing Romance can only happen if the rabbithole found was null, meaning a rabbithole could not be found. This can only happen if you did something, like, say, not installing them (you said you did), not installing at least one tourable rabbithole that is typically used, installing them incorrectly on residential lots where they can't be visited, installing them in tombs, or if, for some reason, the Emperor of Evil happens to be blockading the lot you put all the rabbitholes on with his aura of evil. Sims vulnerable to the aura of evil will not be sent to an object under its influence, so if the Emperor of Evil is blocking all the rabbitholes this way, that particular sim will be unable to find a suitable place to go, as he will be hiding in fear of the Emperor of Evil.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Titano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: 2010 January 17, 11:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Failed Executing Romance can only happen if the rabbithole found was null, meaning a rabbithole could not be found. This can only happen if you did something, like, say, not installing them (you said you did), not installing at least one tourable rabbithole that is typically used, installing them incorrectly on residential lots where they can't be visited, installing them in tombs, or if, for some reason, the Emperor of Evil happens to be blockading the lot you put all the rabbitholes on with his aura of evil. Sims vulnerable to the aura of evil will not be sent to an object under its influence, so if the Emperor of Evil is blocking all the rabbitholes this way, that particular sim will be unable to find a suitable place to go, as he will be hiding in fear of the Emperor of Evil.

I was wondering if it had to do with the fact that I increased the population of the neighborhood. Would I get this message if the rabbithole is being used by other sims at that exact moment?
This is the first time I've seen this error, and I haven't changed any rabbithole from its original position or deleted any of them, the only thing that really changed is the population going from around 20 yound adults to 34 young adults.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: 2010 January 17, 12:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would I get this message if the rabbithole is being used by other sims at that exact moment?

No, sims can "tour" the rabbitholes in parallel. I often see four or six of them coming out at around the same time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: 2010 January 17, 12:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless the problem recurs repeatedly, especially on a specific sim, I wouldn't worry about it. The system is designed to handle unusual failure states like that gracefully.

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: 2010 January 17, 19:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the "helpful tips" category: I just discovered that Awesome "rsa" also works for roofslopeangles less than 15. I believe this isn't documented anywhere. Shiny!
Titano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: 2010 January 18, 00:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding my earlier issue, I went back to the Configuration for Dummies and enabled the "Uses Token Ring-style RabbitHole entry instead of CSMA/CD" option. I had it disabled and that seems to have been causing the trouble. I'm still not sure what it does but it works.

I have a small question that probably has a simple solution. I gave each of my sims in my neighborhood a car, and I want to seem them park in whatever place they go. When I use AwesomeMod, the sims don't park in the community lot, but instead keep the vehicle in their inventories. What do I need to change in the Configuration for Dummies to get them to park in the parking spaces? I tired disabling the "Disallows visitor parking on foreign residential lots due to lost and stuck vehicles" option but it persists with or without it enabled.

Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: 2010 January 18, 00:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote author=Titano link=topic=15531.msg516840#msg516840 date=1263775750
I have a small question that probably has a simple solution. I gave each of my sims in my neighborhood a car, and I want to seem them park in whatever place they go. When I use AwesomeMod, the sims don't park in the community lot, but instead keep the vehicle in their inventories. What do I need to change in the Configuration for Dummies to get them to park in the parking spaces? I tired disabling the "Disallows visitor parking on foreign residential lots due to lost and stuck vehicles" option but it persists with or without it enabled.[/quote]
I think it's just random. Sims are not very consistent in their parking habits, and this causes lost vehicles. Also, they may not even be using their actual vehicles, but instead, vehicles out of the motor pool.

Titano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: 2010 January 18, 02:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a small question that probably has a simple solution. I gave each of my sims in my neighborhood a car, and I want to seem them park in whatever place they go. When I use AwesomeMod, the sims don't park in the community lot, but instead keep the vehicle in their inventories. What do I need to change in the Configuration for Dummies to get them to park in the parking spaces? I tired disabling the "Disallows visitor parking on foreign residential lots due to lost and stuck vehicles" option but it persists with or without it enabled.
I think it's just random. Sims are not very consistent in their parking habits, and this causes lost vehicles. Also, they may not even be using their actual vehicles, but instead, vehicles out of the motor pool.

I see. That's weird though, when I run the game without AM, the sims in the neighborhood use their cars and park them at community places (the ones that have parking space), and the cars stay parked until they get out of school or work or until they leave the lot.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1988 on: 2010 January 18, 20:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that too! My sims don't park anywhere anymore. I really like that they do, so hopefully there's a solution/it can be fixed.
ur_all_ive_got
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: 2010 January 19, 01:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I have to say is that I am extremely disappointed in EA AND Awesomemod. They both used to be amazing but now that patches and WA came out, neither can live up to their reputations. I have had to completely manually uninstall my game 3 times now. That NEVER happened until I installed Awesomemod. After I deleted it the last time I gave up and had nothing to do with awesomemod, heres the shocker IT WORKED ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS WITH NO AWESOMEMOD! Ive gotten sick of having to stop at 6 kids and tried to load it again now figuring out that AFTER WA came out THEN the "awesome" team figures out that oh delphys framework doesnt work for WA, thanks for letting us know that AFTER we have to delete everything. I have not been able to get Awesomemod to work in my Sims 3 since WA and yes I have been to the downloading framework thread and it did nothing. Im not stupid with computers so I know that this is not MY error. All I want from awesomemod is the ability to have households over 8. If you can make a hack that changes 4 PAGES of things, you can make ONE hack for overstuffed households, then people don't have to go through the bullshit of the whole framework awesomemod crap.
wat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: 2010 January 19, 01:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I have to say is that I am extremely disappointed in EA AND Awesomemod. They both used to be amazing but now that patches and WA came out, neither can live up to their reputations. I have had to completely manually uninstall my game 3 times now. That NEVER happened until I installed Awesomemod. After I deleted it the last time I gave up and had nothing to do with awesomemod, heres the shocker IT WORKED ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS WITH NO AWESOMEMOD! Ive gotten sick of having to stop at 6 kids and tried to load it again now figuring out that AFTER WA came out THEN the "awesome" team figures out that oh delphys framework doesnt work for WA, thanks for letting us know that AFTER we have to delete everything. I have not been able to get Awesomemod to work in my Sims 3 since WA and yes I have been to the downloading framework thread and it did nothing. Im not stupid with computers so I know that this is not MY error. All I want from awesomemod is the ability to have households over 8. If you can make a hack that changes 4 PAGES of things, you can make ONE hack for overstuffed households, then people don't have to go through the bullshit of the whole framework awesomemod crap.
Awesomemod works just fine. Your pants are tight.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: 2010 January 19, 01:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: 2010 January 19, 02:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simply get Twallan's Supercomputer and you can have more than 8 Sims in a household. However, remember that it is EA patches and stupid coding that cause the problems. Complaining about a fix to which  you didn't contribute and aren't required to use makes no sense.
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: 2010 January 19, 18:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a quick question.  I have already searched the forums to see if I could find the answer myself, but I couldn't.  Is there a debug command or ordinary awesomemod command which allows you to keep certain items (like stoves) on a community lot when changing lot zoning from residential to community lot?  I vaguely recall something of the kind being mentioned in a thread somewhere, but am unsure of what the exact name of the command is, or whether it was even implemented in the AM.  Since I didn't know what the command was exactly, searching under various word combinations and rereading several vaguely familiar threads did not help.  If the command does in fact exist, and someone could help me by telling me where to find the exact wording of it, I would really appreciate it.Thanks in advance.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: 2010 January 19, 20:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a debug command or ordinary awesomemod command which allows you to keep certain items (like stoves) on a community lot when changing lot zoning from residential to community lot?

There is a new-ish config option for that, NeverRemoveOnLotTypeChange. Labeled "experimental". That what you mean?
ur_all_ive_got
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: 2010 January 19, 21:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If awesomemod worked just fine, there wouldn't be 80 PAGES of people with problems. What is this supercomputer you speak of?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: 2010 January 19, 21:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If awesomemod worked just fine, there wouldn't be 80 PAGES of people with problems. What is this supercomputer you speak of?

This isn't a "people with problems" thread. This is a "discussion/questions/helpful tips" thread. That, and there's new versions constantly, so half of the so-called problems are obsolete within 24 hours. In other words: observation fail. Try again later.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: 2010 January 19, 23:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave you all the information needed to conduct a search by providing the name of the mod as well as the name of its creator: Twallan's supercomputer. I do realize that where the file is stored has moved around a bit; but really, it is easy to follow the moves as notices have been left behind. The folks at MATY do stress the importance of learning to search for one's self, and I hate to be an enabler. Hopefully, you've found the computer download already and can happily play an overstuffed household.
Titano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: 2010 January 20, 05:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ur_all_ive_got, I got twallan's story-progression mod from this site:

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=996.375

It works fine, and I haven't encountered any bugs so far--but it is sure to have some. It doesn't have some features that I like about awesome mod, but it's worth a shot if you dislike awesome-mod so much. I'm not sure if he even updates the thing, so you are on your own once they update the game. By the way, you should also get his super computer, which must be around there if you search in that link.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: 2010 January 20, 07:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ur_all_ive_got, I got twallan's story-progression mod from this site:

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=996.375

It works fine, and I haven't encountered any bugs so far--but it is sure to have some. It doesn't have some features that I like about awesome mod, but it's worth a shot if you dislike awesome-mod so much. I'm not sure if he even updates the thing, so you are on your own once they update the game. By the way, you should also get his super computer, which must be around there if you search in that link.

Why are you being an enabler? Don't enable. Support the "USE SEARCH!" cause!

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: