More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 19:38:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736099 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1950 on: 2010 January 09, 21:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, AwesomeMod is compatible with World Adventures.  Go back to your original thread and read my post to you there.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: 2010 January 09, 21:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed in their games that the premade houses have white 'THIS SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN GAME' blocks at the bases of the stairs? They can't be deleted. What are these?

Those are spawners (can be seed spawners, beetle spawners, etc.).  You probably wouldn't want to delete them if you could, as it seems sims can walk right through them, and if you want to collect anything for any reason that's where collectables come from.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1952 on: 2010 January 09, 21:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not spawners. They're something else. Nothing spawns at any of these locations, unless you happen to be having problems with butterflies, beetles and rocks spawning INDOORS at the foot of any number of stairs.

*edited horrible spelling error

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: 2010 January 09, 21:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I could tell when I saw them in my game they appeared when EA enabled stair recoloring. Old, non-recolor-able stairs had those in several of my homes.

I may be wrong, however. I haven't seen them in several months.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: 2010 January 10, 02:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd think those white blocks are the portals from one level the next; they're visible in my game too on all lots that I built pre-1.7.11 (which introduced the recolourable stairs). Apparently EA did something with the stairs that accidentially unhid the portals.

I wouldn't worry about it - deleting and rebuilding the stairs seems to clean it up for good.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 2010 January 10, 02:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stairblocks aren't spawners, they're a bug caused by a change in how stairs were implemented internally, when stairs became recolorable. Destroying and replacing them cleans that up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1956 on: 2010 January 10, 06:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way, with awesomemod, to date/woohoo teens without being arrested by psychic police and having your sim's life ruined? Statuatory rape is stupid in the real world and it is stupid in The Sims. Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: 2010 January 10, 06:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the police aren't psychic, so you just have to avoid any witnesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
redShoes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 2010 January 11, 15:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...My question now is, is there anywhere in the mod, commands, Cheesy or are there any other mods compatible to help my sim gain skills faster?
There is a cheat option for that in the Debug Interactions.

I've been searching and searching for this Roll Eyes

Now then, what do I have to do/type exactly, because I can't find the information anywhere?

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1959 on: 2010 January 11, 17:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...My question now is, is there anywhere in the mod, commands, Cheesy or are there any other mods compatible to help my sim gain skills faster?

Now then, what do I have to do/type exactly, because I can't find the information anywhere?

Really?

http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/AwesomeMod#CONSOLE_.26_DEBUG_FEATURES:

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: 2010 January 12, 03:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reread some of the cheats, and it raised an old question for me. How does the purgegenetichairs affect the game? I mean, I get the general idea. It gets rid of weird hair. But which hairstyles are considered weird? And how does it get rid of them, does it cause sims with weird hair to randomly choose a new hairstyle? Or does it just break the genetic thingy that causes their offspring to have the same hair? Do I need to send sims to the Mirror and pick a new style for them for it to work?

I'd very much appreciate if someone could break it down for me, as hair is one of the aspects of the game I get the most anal about, for some reason.

INTP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: 2010 January 12, 03:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will not change the hair setting of any existing sim, it will merely purge the piece of data which causes all sims to inherit that hair.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1962 on: 2010 January 12, 04:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the no-route-wah-wah stand-around-like-a-dumb-skank animation thing turned on, but it doesn't have any effect. My sims still stand around like 15 year old spoiled bitches every time something gets in their way. I don't have anything else that would get in the way of this...any ideas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: 2010 January 12, 07:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the foot-tapping thing for routing collisions between sims, slightly seperate from the routing tantrum. I believing stomping that is an XML hack available at MTS2, and there is a similar one as CSMA/CD, but I have found that messing with it TOO much will greatly exacerbate incidents of outright route fail and queue drop.

redShoes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: 2010 January 12, 09:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?

http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/AwesomeMod#CONSOLE_.26_DEBUG_FEATURES:

Yes really, although I did find it myself about 5 minutes later. Thanks anyway.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: 2010 January 12, 09:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims back from vacation has a few relics stuck in her inventory. Is there a command to get them out?
EDIT: "destroycorruptsims" also doesn't appear to be functioning. Has this command been removed/modified? Its' still listed on the AM Wiki page.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 12, 12:20:06 by Jackathyn » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: 2010 January 12, 14:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This function is no longer current in WA, no. As for stuck in inventory, have you tried CRTL-SHIFT-Clicking and choosing "Nuke"?

Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: 2010 January 12, 17:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try that next time. Neighbourhood just went up in a spectacular fireball of nonsensical glitches- vanishments, stuck inventories, Lisa Bachelor deciding she wasn't related to her siblings anymore and spider-babies a go-go. It went all twilight-zone on my ass.  Tongue

I also have one borked piece of clothing and I can't for the life of me work out what its' from because I haven't recently installed any new CC. It has no upper body part (just makes the head float), but the lower body component is the black silhouette of long shorts and a pair of heels. Is it something broken and shitty I've put in somewhere along the line? It's apparently not deletable, at least from CAS.

I am getting sick of this game so damn hard. If anyone here has ever played Spore, its' also no better in the glitch-tastic fuckuppery department. Christ on a bike, I hate EA.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: 2010 January 12, 19:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will not change the hair setting of any existing sim, it will merely purge the piece of data which causes all sims to inherit that hair.

Does this happen to all sims regardless of hairstyle, or just a few selected as "weird"?
I don't mind if it's everyone, come to think of it. I've always found the inheritance of hairstyles to be very annoying. Who inherits a hairstyle? How scary would that be in RL? We'd all be in bouffants.

INTP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: 2010 January 12, 19:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, it's not COMPLETELY unrealistic. I inherited my hairstyle from my father, and his father before him. I'm sure there are lots of men like that, it's quite common.

wat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: 2010 January 12, 23:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Women don't get complete genetic baldness without severe tight pants or disease.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: 2010 January 13, 01:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my awesome mod needs a boot to the taco. Since installing it, I now can't boot the game up. I use 3booter and FPS limiter, everything is installed in its rightful place and I've cleared all caches but the game will not get past the orange WA loading splash screen without hanging at random intervals. Game previously booted up using 3booter and FPS limiter just fine. I'm not oldversioned, either.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1972 on: 2010 January 13, 08:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any reason my sims ignore their expensive bath tubs in favor of going all the frickin way across town for a shower at the gym when using Supreme Commander?

Like, is it a negative to balance out using supreme commander? Is it intentional?

It is really stupid. Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: 2010 January 13, 13:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bathtubs are extremely suboptimal for hygiene refreshment, and Supreme Commander therefore will only use them as a last resort.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1974 on: 2010 January 13, 18:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes more time to get across town and take a shower and get back than it does to just take a bath. :|
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: