More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:54:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722611 times)
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1875 on: 2009 December 29, 14:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do my child Sim is forced to go home after 12am? I enabled the NoPsychicCurfewPolice configuration but my child Sim is still psychicly-controlled to go home and I can't even cancel that action.

The psychic police are only concerned with teenagers. If you're talking about children and their zombie-like trek home at exactly a certain time, you need to modify kChildStartCurfewHour and kChildEndCurfewHour in XML Sim_0xa29571c6f77aa18d. OR: use this attached tweak.

Sorry for being stupid but do I need to install this to default location of all mods? C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 2009 December 30, 06:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slap me with a trout if I'm being a 'tard, here, but I have a sim that I kicked out of my main house, who I originally thought may have left the neighborhood because she never showed up in a house anywhere (to her detriment, she only got about 2 grand when she left, so she could not afford property). She called her twin (who kicked her out originally!) so she apparently exists somewhere in the ether. Now she has a partner, Artie, but still they have no house in the 'hood that I can find.

So, my question is this:  is she paired up and homeless? I've only kicked out a sim once before since installing AM and that sim moved in next door on her own (of course, she had more cash at the time).

I guess I didn't know they'd do that. If in fact that's what happened, I find it really funny. Also, if I'm so inclined, is there a way to find her and move her into a house, or is she perpetually lost in space? Just curious.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 2009 December 30, 06:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slap me with a trout if I'm being a 'tard, here, but I have a sim that I kicked out of my main house, who I originally thought may have left the neighborhood because she never showed up in a house anywhere (to her detriment, she only got about 2 grand when she left, so she could not afford property). She called her twin (who kicked her out originally!) so she apparently exists somewhere in the ether. Now she has a partner, Artie, but still they have no house in the 'hood that I can find.

So, my question is this:  is she paired up and homeless? I've only kicked out a sim once before since installing AM and that sim moved in next door on her own (of course, she had more cash at the time).

I guess I didn't know they'd do that. If in fact that's what happened, I find it really funny. Also, if I'm so inclined, is there a way to find her and move her into a house, or is she perpetually lost in space? Just curious.

I seem to remember a "listhomeless" command, but I could just be brain farting. You should be able to invite the sim in question over using the phone, and then invite her to move in with you (with cheats if necessary). From there, you could just use the "Edit Town" method to move her in with someone else, regardless of how poor she is.
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: 2009 December 30, 16:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you're right! I forgot about listhomeless. I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: 2009 December 31, 14:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

12. "bodysnatch <sim>": Steals body of sim of compatible age/sex, making your
     currently selected sim appear like that sim, ala SimSurgery. Destroys the
     target sim. Requires testingcheatsenabled. Useful for updating appearance
     of selfsims with better precision than editsim. Will copy weight.

I have a question about the body snatching option in AM.

When you do this, does it also copy traits, name, favorites, and LTWishes ? I don't think it does, but I've never tried it and I want to be sure.

Thanks.

Check out Beauty Central showcased on my Mini-site at TSR. And visit the Home of Beauty Central at SID!
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: 2009 December 31, 15:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OR, you can try it, and if you don't like it, don't save! GASP.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: 2009 December 31, 22:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you do this, does it also copy traits, name, favorites, and LTWishes ? I don't think it does, but I've never tried it and I want to be sure.

Thanks.

I recently used it, and it definitely doesn't copy name, traits, or skills.  It does, however, copy clothing choices.  I'm not sure about favorites and LTW's.

Its best use is if you want to redo a sim's looks because you think you can do a much better job than you did at making them look as you want (most often, this will be if you want the sim to look like a specific person).
Liet-Kynes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 2010 January 01, 02:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I typed in "radar all" for the hell of it. Is there any way I can get rid of the effect without going through every sim separately or reloading a save?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: 2010 January 01, 03:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

radar all off

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ak-tw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 2010 January 02, 16:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is World Adventures required for AwesomeMod to work?

I'm trying to follow this guide, but it keeps mentioning world adventures.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 02, 17:09:53 by ak-tw » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 2010 January 02, 17:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the WA and base game cores are the same, so it will work for both.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: 2010 January 03, 03:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't worked out what triggers these stalker interruptions yet, but rest assured we are focussed on stamping it out with extreme prejudice.

Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 2010 January 03, 14:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

I recently used it, and it definitely doesn't copy name, traits, or skills.  It does, however, copy clothing choices.  I'm not sure about favorites and LTW's.

Its best use is if you want to redo a sim's looks because you think you can do a much better job than you did at making them look as you want (most often, this will be if you want the sim to look like a specific person).

Thank you Anonym, this answers my question. This will save me a lot of trouble, and now I know who to dress!

Check out Beauty Central showcased on my Mini-site at TSR. And visit the Home of Beauty Central at SID!
Zouflain
Blathering Buffoon

"Who set all these labmonkeys free?!"

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 2010 January 04, 05:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod does not do a lot of town-balancing.  It doesn't randomly create sims to maintain an arbitrary or stable population level or any of that sort of thing (as indicated in requests thread recently).  I wonder though, does it control the gender of the resulting child from sims it pollinates?  I've had an uncanny shortage of males in town for at least three generations (with the fourth coming of age, according to family tree).  In every generation, there are about 10+ females and around 2 males born.  It's perhaps ironic that in TS2 this was the balance I had, but there it was intentional (I didn't play legacy).  Now it's getting frustrating, and this problem has been oddly persistent throughout the generations.  Actually it's so bad that most of the town is tightly interrelated - mates are that rare despite there being many families.

If awesomemod doesn't gender balance, I wonder if there's a mod that works alongside awesomestory to do so (probably not possible, but I can hope dammit) or some method I might employ to keep the townie genders relatively equal - or at least within sane ranges (3 males to at least 15 females below elder is current count and clearly untenable).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 2010 January 04, 06:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod does not do a lot of town-balancing.  It doesn't randomly create sims to maintain an arbitrary or stable population level or any of that sort of thing (as indicated in requests thread recently).  I wonder though, does it control the gender of the resulting child from sims it pollinates?
Nope. Once Awesomestory pollinates, it basically ignores the issue and lets the pregnancy engine take it from there. What you get is determined entirely at random.

I've had an uncanny shortage of males in town for at least three generations (with the fourth coming of age, according to family tree).  In every generation, there are about 10+ females and around 2 males born.  It's perhaps ironic that in TS2 this was the balance I had, but there it was intentional (I didn't play legacy).  Now it's getting frustrating, and this problem has been oddly persistent throughout the generations.  Actually it's so bad that most of the town is tightly interrelated - mates are that rare despite there being many families.
Sounds typical. With small numbers, skews can easily occur from random fluctuation. I suggest more apples.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1890 on: 2010 January 04, 06:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious about autosave settings.

-Does "Pausing" count as going into/out of build/buy mode? I am well aware the game pauses to do so, but does autosave recognize it as the same thing?
-Is it a noticable thing? Does the saving thing come up and everything, or is it hush-hush and hidden? Does it interrupt gameplay? I Pause quite often just to move the camera and catch up with what my sims are doing.
-Will autosave save to a separate file, distinct from my intentional save file? If not, is there a way to force it to? I would like autosaving, but not if it saves my game just for going and buying a new lamp.
-Does autosave/can autosave save before leaving for/coming home from adventures?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: 2010 January 04, 07:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Does "Pausing" count as going into/out of build/buy mode? I am well aware the game pauses to do so, but does autosave recognize it as the same thing?
Yes.

-Is it a noticable thing? Does the saving thing come up and everything, or is it hush-hush and hidden? Does it interrupt gameplay? I Pause quite often just to move the camera and catch up with what my sims are doing.
Yes. Saving is a fairly lengthy process in any event, it's not inobtrusive, which is why there are so many options for it.

-Will autosave save to a separate file, distinct from my intentional save file? If not, is there a way to force it to? I would like autosaving, but not if it saves my game just for going and buying a new lamp.
Yes, it will save to the autosave# files, it will not overwrite your real file or change where it will save when you manually save.

-Does autosave/can autosave save before leaving for/coming home from adventures?
No, coming home or leaving from adventures is too sudden.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1892 on: 2010 January 04, 08:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. Doing it when you pause sounds pretty lame, then.

When it runs through the autosave files, I assume it starts over and overwrites the first one, etc?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: 2010 January 04, 08:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is generally how things are done, yes.

wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: 2010 January 04, 14:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I download the new AM and it has a file i have never seen in it before.
"Awesome.res"

Is this soemthign new i need to put in my folder,and what is it?

thanks, Wendy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: 2010 January 04, 20:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to temporarily turn on those little tracker bubbles you see from map view for all sims? Every once in a great while, I end up with a sim or three stuck somewhere*. It causes my game to lag. Unsticking the sim fixes the issue. However, it can take awhile to find the sim.

*This sticking has been my fault for issues with rabbit hole placement and is not an Awesomemod bug.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KayLyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: 2010 January 04, 20:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I update my game to be compatiable with AwesomeMod? I downloaded the framework and did everything it said, but I'm running ver 1.0.631.00001 And I tried the showconfig and nothing comes up. I really wanna use awesomemod as I've heard great things about it. Thanks!!
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: 2010 January 04, 21:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to temporarily turn on those little tracker bubbles you see from map view for all sims? Every once in a great while, I end up with a sim or three stuck somewhere*. It causes my game to lag. Unsticking the sim fixes the issue. However, it can take awhile to find the sim.

*This sticking has been my fault for issues with rabbit hole placement and is not an Awesomemod bug.

Turn it on with radar all and turn it off with radar all off .

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: 2010 January 04, 23:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I download the new AM and it has a file i have never seen in it before.
"Awesome.res"

Is this soemthign new i need to put in my folder,and what is it?

thanks, Wendy

I'm interested in the answer to this too, and I don't want it to be overlooked because it is at the end of the prior page.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: 2010 January 05, 00:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that is junk. Just throw it out. I will fix that right now.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: