More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:28:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722605 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1775 on: 2009 December 15, 21:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see "LiveOnCommunityLots False" in showconfig, but I can't do LiveOnCommunityLots true/false/on/off: Unknown Command. So is this command discontinued? What would happen if it's switched on?
It's not a feature that is completed, due to the fact that certain people never made me that mesh I needed, so it's inserted backwards into the config.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 2009 December 16, 18:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  I am so glad to now be able to play my Sims3 with WA with AM....  I was going crazy -- playing a little bit without AM but not saving anything because I hate the way the game plays without AM....  But now I have got the game set up with AM and am having loads of fun with the new WA expansion pack...  Feel like I have my life back....  I know you have been really crunching to get the snarls and traps cleaned up, I do thank you!

Also, there's a thread for thanks. Please to be using it, or the thanks button. Kthnxbai.

Edited to fix image-related fail.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 16, 19:57:06 by Grimma » Logged

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: 2009 December 16, 19:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will awesomemod be updated for the 1.8/2.3 patch soon?
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 2009 December 16, 19:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely, depending on what you mean by "soon."
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 2009 December 17, 01:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Test is up if you are so inclined.
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: 2009 December 17, 16:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm totally getting in on that. I do not like my game with no Awesome. I didn't realize how much nicer it make things until I took the last EA batch and borked it.
Kid Shamrock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 2009 December 17, 20:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you activate the Sell/Refine feature in AM?? I'm guessing it's a console command, but I was unable to figure out the correct syntax.  Huh
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: 2009 December 17, 22:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you activate the Sell/Refine feature in AM?? I'm guessing it's a console command, but I was unable to figure out the correct syntax.  Huh

It's not a console command. Strg + click on the Sim whose inventory items you want to sell/refine, and the option appears. You can only select it if the Sim's inventory holds suitable items.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: 2009 December 21, 08:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a console command. Strg + click on the Sim whose inventory items you want to sell/refine, and the option appears. You can only select it if the Sim's inventory holds suitable items.
I don't know what keyboard you're using, but on my keyboard it's the "Ctrl" key.  Same key for all Sup Com features.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: 2009 December 21, 09:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm sorry, my keyboard is German like me - "Strg" means "Steuerung", which means "Control", so it's the "Ctrl" key. I totally forgot to translate the key.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: 2009 December 21, 11:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just reporting that I have downloaded the test version of AM 1.8/2.3.  I have just loaded retail WA and patched it up to 2.3.  I loaded up the game fine without AM but as soon as I put it back in, it won't even start up in the loading screen where it says WA EP.  

Is there anything I can do?  I apologise if this question has been asked before.

Stuff EA.  I am so angry.  The base game was working fine with 1.8/2.3 , so it must be something to do with the game/latest patch/AM compatibility.  Although I am confused when I read that many people are able to load their game.
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 2009 December 21, 11:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your framework set up correctly? There's an extensive thread on how to set up your framework so that it works with WA.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 2009 December 21, 11:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By framework do you mean, the config file and what's in there? Then I guess I don't.  Which thread do I need to go to for that info?  

Edit: Okay I found the thread.  I will follow the instructions to the T.  Thanks for the tip Nienor.

Edit2:  Followed the instructions and game is now up and running.  Thank you so much for directing me to that thread Nienor.  I was ready to throw the game out of the window. 
« Last Edit: 2009 December 21, 12:18:33 by Audrey » Logged
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 2009 December 21, 13:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my old awesomemod before patches were invented, there was a great feature which allowed you to drag the needs sliders and they were instantly full.  With the new AM, this does not happen.  Has it been removed as a feature or is my game just not doing it?

Secondly, when I go into showconfig, my settings which I saved to cookies and then downloaded to the Sims3 program file show up as incorrect. E.g. I set the sliders in CAS to 4 and they it is showing up in showconfig as 2 and that the sliders are not enabled when I enabled them.  How can I fix this?

Thank you.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: 2009 December 21, 14:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my old awesomemod before patches were invented, there was a great feature which allowed you to drag the needs sliders and they were instantly full.  With the new AM, this does not happen.  Has it been removed as a feature or is my game just not doing it?

WRONG.  It does do it.  I do it all the time.  Turn on testingcheats, if you made a new config file, that command defaults to disabled.  Many other commands previously available with testingcheats now require debugcommands to be enabled.

Try checking everything first.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
SingleMomSim
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: 2009 December 25, 02:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure this question has been asked tons of times. Honestly, I don't have the time to sit here and raffle through each and every post to see if it has. Why oh why oh why oh why does this mod have an expiration date? Is there an honest to goodness GOOD reason for it??
Do you know how long it took me to actually get it installed properly a few days ago? I spent an entire afternoon on it. I'm honestly not sure I can do it again. Very very very frustrating. Is there a way around this?
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 2009 December 25, 02:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure this question has been asked tons of times. Honestly, I don't have the time to sit here and raffle through each and every post to see if it has. Why oh why oh why oh why does this mod have an expiration date? Is there an honest to goodness GOOD reason for it??
Do you know how long it took me to actually get it installed properly a few days ago? I spent an entire afternoon on it. I'm honestly not sure I can do it again. Very very very frustrating. Is there a way around this?

Because otherwise people will constantly be reporting bugs that are no longer bugs.

Once you have installed the mod for the first time, it should be fairly easy to replace it again... all you need to do is replace the mod and config files. You should know, people at this forum have very little sympathy for the computer-illiterate. Or, for that matter, those who don't know how to use the search function. Wink I understand the procedure can seem complicated; you're best off finding a friend who's good at this sort of thing to assist you.

The latest pre-patch edition of AM, which can be found in the downloads file, has a very long period before it will expire, I understand. Though this does mean it won't be supported. Otherwise, you'll have to change your computer's clock to be behind the expiry date, which is a bit of a hassle, but could be worth it depending on how desperate you are not to bother with the expiration.
SingleMomSim
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 2009 December 25, 04:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. I completely understand that people would be reporting bugs, it makes total sense. All I wanted to know was why, it was somewhat frustrating.
2. I'm not an idiot, and I am NOT computer illiterate. Though I'm not a genius at this either.
3. It's a large forum, people should expect that there WILL be idiots out there, and make allowances for that. People are people.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 2009 December 25, 04:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True and Maty is Maty so there will be sporkings.  Go check out the FAQ and it ill tell you all you need to know before asking questions.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 2009 December 25, 09:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. It's a large forum, people should expect that there WILL be idiots out there, and make allowances for that. People are people.
We *DO* have an allowance for that. We repealed the "No Flaming" rule that is common on other forums as an allowance for idiots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 2009 December 25, 16:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee thanks Pes, your magnanimity is overwhelming Wink.  I still haven't got an answer to my show config displaying default settings.  I have saved and put the config file in Sims 3 (not mods/packages).  How do I fix this?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 2009 December 25, 16:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*facepalm*

It says right where you make the config file where it goes. Go read it. Hint: Where you have it isn't it.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 2009 December 25, 18:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*facepalm*

It says right where you make the config file where it goes. Go read it. Hint: Where you have it isn't it.

Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages.

Ermm,  according to the coconnor who made the tutorial for framework to get awesomemod to work, the cfg file is supposed to be in the Sims 3 directory, exactly where I have latest version of awesomemod.  Maybe you can give me another hint!!!!
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 2009 December 25, 19:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know someone already asked this but... I just installed World Adventures today. I uninstalled all of my mods and I'm pretty sure I installed framework correctly (I checked about 5 times). I had to update it to version 2.3 because my base game is updated to 1.8. Now my game will not load unless awesomemod is uninstalled.  Also, does it matter if I start the game with either the World Adventures starter or the regular Sims 3 starter?

here is how my game is set up:
electronic arts/ the sims 3/ game/ bin/ d3dx9_31.dll
electronic arts/ sims 3 world adventures/ resource
electronic arts/ sims 3 world adventures/ game/ bin/ d3dx9_31.dll
electronic arts/ sims 3 world adventures/ game/ bin/ gameplay
electronic arts/ sims 3 world adventures/ mods/ packages/ awesomemod
« Last Edit: 2009 December 26, 01:54:55 by jtrazz » Logged
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 2009 December 25, 19:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*facepalm*

Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages.

Ermm,  according to the coconnor who made the tutorial for framework to get awesomemod to work, the cfg file is supposed to be in the Sims 3 directory, exactly where I have latest version of awesomemod.  Maybe you can give me another hint!!!!

The Resource.cfg file is not the awesome mod config file. I just reread your complaint. You're talking about awesome mod config issues, so clearly you are not working with the Resource.cfg file anymore. They are completely different files and go in completely different places and you can find the location for EACH of these on this forum in the stickied topics. That's as specific as I'm getting. Now go read.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: