More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 04:33:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1730566 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1750 on: 2009 December 13, 06:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way I can stick to the older version of your mod, IE the one I have installed already?  (which is the one prior to this latest one) Another words can I get the update message cleared so that my game and your pre- 1.7 Awemod will work again?
Sure, tell your computer that it's 2008 forever. I don't really see why you'd want to stick to an old, known to be broken version, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: 2009 December 13, 06:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did do the 1.7 thing but some of my mods that are not going to be updated did not work and I cannot do without them

Are you referring to IndieStone? Because Twallan's mod is quite a good replacement. Don't be intimidated by all the options.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: 2009 December 13, 09:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried getting the relationship up really high?

Yeah, it's up as high as it can go, they're still in the eternal 'Friend Zone'. Does it sound like it's something silly I've done at some point?... Nobody else seems to have this issue, so I'm thinking I've done something borky somewhere.

Nevermind, I got him to cooperate eventually. I still don't know what it was, though.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 13, 14:36:35 by Jackathyn » Logged
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: 2009 December 13, 14:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using WA and the latest version of AM. And with AM, my Sims do not go to work or school. There's simply a jump bug and they refuse to go, whether using the carpool or directed to the actual building. When I remove AM, it solves the problem.

I'm loathe to post this in the new bug thread because I haven't seen this reported anywhere else. I am also using Twallan's story mode mod, but removing that does not solve the problem. No other mods.

Anyone have any idea why this would be?

I'm having carpool problems, too.  Just since the AM of 12/7, I think.  I don't get any carpool or work notice of any kind.  About 30 minutes before they're supposed to be at work, the "Go to work" icon appears, and if they're not doing anything else, they automatically go.  But no carpool shows up at all.  I do get bus notifications, though.  And I'm not using any other story mode mods.

I have WA, patched.  I also can't seem to complete some opportunities, because they don't show up on the map tag for whatever building the sim is supposed to report to.  I've tried taking out other mods, deleting caches, etc.  I just figured my town was borked, beacause I didn't see anyone else report either of these, either. 

It's an old town, I've played it for quite awhile.  I don't really want to start over.  And if I do start over, I'll wait until the world creator is out and bug-free - or as bug-free as it can get - then start a whole new town.

The problems I've had with carpools only seem to show up after I've played a town for awhile.  I never seem to have them with a new game.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: 2009 December 13, 14:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't reproduce this, and literally NOTHING has been altered work-related in ages, so this is probably the same thing that happens in purely stock games, where people report this same behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: 2009 December 13, 14:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I figured it was probably just my game.  Good ol' EA, at it again!

theremon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: 2009 December 13, 14:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is meant with:

Added basic support infrastructure for creating custom traits and moodlets.

?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: 2009 December 13, 15:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nothing which probably interests you, but it is now possible for third parties to create their own custom moodlets.

theremon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: 2009 December 13, 17:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nothing which probably interests you, but it is now possible for third parties to create their own custom moodlets.

Thanks for your answer Smiley

That's it, I'm really interested in making new moodlets and primarily new traits!
But I have no idea what to do Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: 2009 December 13, 18:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, both of these functionalities are useless unless you have an object that will APPLY these functionalities.

loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: 2009 December 13, 23:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as Pescado is concerned the old version of Awesomemod does not exist. The only version that exists is the one available for download. Period. End of story. It says this 100 times in this thread alone. As for the rest of it? See my response to you in one of the other million threads you posted this in.

Huh, Silent?    glad to be noticed thank you.

Thank you JMP I never thought of that. 

The old version of AweIndie is just how I like my game to run, have tried other story modes but I always went back to Indie.  Also many other modders are not going to update their mods to 1.7 and I have rather gotten used to them and there are no new ones of the same kind.  IE Gender bias being one of them, essential that one and untill EA brings this to the game I won't budge...lol

kind regards
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1761 on: 2009 December 13, 23:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are certainly other methods to fix gender preferences. Check out Twalllans Super Computer. And his Story Progression is in a way an updated Indie. I assure you they work fine. Do update and get fresh mods, that's the most sensible way. If you don't all kinds of trouble will await you, I am sure.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: 2009 December 13, 23:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The old version of AweIndie is just how I like my game to run, have tried other story modes but I always went back to Indie.  Also many other modders are not going to update their mods to 1.7 and I have rather gotten used to them and there are no new ones of the same kind.  IE Gender bias being one of them, essential that one and untill EA brings this to the game I won't budge...lol

The great thing about Twallan's mod is that you can customise it to run exactly like Indie. Messages and everything. Sure it requires a little fiddling, but don't you think it's worth it for a stable game and working AM?
SnowBunny
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: 2009 December 14, 05:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a noob and I need help. I know this question has most likely already been asked, but I can't find an exact answer for it. (and like I said... I am a noob when it comes to this stuff)
if there's an obvious post somewhere for this, could you just send me the link?
I downloaded awesome mod last week and I modified everything I wanted to modify and everything was going fine. Then my game kept crashing to desktop, and now whenever I try to load TS3 it says that my awesome mod is expired. Is there a new one? or what can I do to fix this?
This is probably the dumbest question in the world... but if someone could help me out, it'd be most appreciated.
PS: if you could break it down to moron terms for me... It'd be great. I'm not that 1337 with mods
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: 2009 December 14, 06:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a noob and I need help. I know this question has most likely already been asked, but I can't find an exact answer for it. (and like I said... I am a noob when it comes to this stuff)
if there's an obvious post somewhere for this, could you just send me the link?
I downloaded awesome mod last week and I modified everything I wanted to modify and everything was going fine. Then my game kept crashing to desktop, and now whenever I try to load TS3 it says that my awesome mod is expired. Is there a new one? or what can I do to fix this?
This is probably the dumbest question in the world... but if someone could help me out, it'd be most appreciated.
PS: if you could break it down to moron terms for me... It'd be great. I'm not that 1337 with mods
Clear your browser's cache.  Redownload the mod.  It is updated almost 2 times a day.  Then put it where you originally installed it.  Same link as before.

And yes, you are retarded... but I guess that is what this thread is for.  And if you don't know how to clear your browser's cache look it up with Google.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: 2009 December 14, 12:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for adding the option for removing the eye candy sparkles, for a while I couldn't figure out what those annoying things were from.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: 2009 December 14, 15:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does "DisableESRB" do?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: 2009 December 14, 15:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that I saw a bunch of "ESRB" checks, which, among other things, prevented you from being able to cross the street if a baby was in the house. Given that I think the ESRB is stupid and sucks, and place absolutely no worth on their opinions and beliefs, I hamfistedly took an axe to it. Lemme know how it goes.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: 2009 December 14, 16:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, now they can leave the house to go shopping or go to work with a baby in the house. I don't need the "neglectbaby" any more.  Grin

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: 2009 December 14, 22:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a quick question. Since I installed TS3, I've been playing with Story Progression turned off because I don't want my sims doing anything without me telling them to. So for that reason, I never bothered enabling AwesomeStory in my config file. Today I went to make a new config file in order to disable the sparkles from the Eye Candy reward and that's when I noticed that AS is now the only option available. If I disable Story Progression in the in-game options, will the game still work the same way? Basically, will AS be disabled when SP is disabled in game so that my sims will do nothing but take care of their needs and go to work/school like I've had it?
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: 2009 December 14, 23:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a quick question. Since I installed TS3, I've been playing with Story Progression turned off because I don't want my sims doing anything without me telling them to. So for that reason, I never bothered enabling AwesomeStory in my config file. Today I went to make a new config file in order to disable the sparkles from the Eye Candy reward and that's when I noticed that AS is now the only option available. If I disable Story Progression in the in-game options, will the game still work the same way? Basically, will AS be disabled when SP is disabled in game so that my sims will do nothing but take care of their needs and go to work/school like I've had it?

Yes, I have done this before with AwesomeStory. I doubt it's changed since then.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: 2009 December 14, 23:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one of those "can't do anything" kind of bugs show up last night.

I sent a sim to China to skill in martial arts for a job opportunity.  I sent him to the MA academy to kick the dummy for awhile.  He had the skill level meter above his head, but the level never rose above just being visible.

I tried having him read a skill book, and the same thing happened.

Also tried having him do an adventure, but he couldn't report in.  He could talk to the guy, but when I clicked on "report in", nothing happened.

His needs were also stuck.  None of them went either up or down,  Tried resetsim, refreshmotives, fixall, etc., but no go.

I wound up just sending him to see the sights and then let him go home, figuring he'd get back to normal once home.  When he got home, it was the same thing.  Everyone else in the house was fine, though.

I had had a toddler with stuck needs about a week ago, and he also could not gain any skills.  When his dad tried to potty train him, after the green bar in dad's icon got to the full point, both of them jumped.  I had tried everything I could think of - every debug command, moving out mods, going back to a previous save - you name it, I tried it.  It finally occurred to me that he acted like he was in stasis.

So I put Twallan's story progression mod in and set the household stasis to true, then back to false, saved and exited.  Took the mod back out, went back to play that house and the toddler was fixed.

I decided that maybe I needed to do that with this sim as well, so I did, and it fixed him.

Is there something in WA that's fiddling with this stasis bit and not getting it set back right?  The sim last night was okay before I sent him to China.  And I have not been using anything that changes the stasis that I know of.

Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 2009 December 15, 00:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using WA and the latest version of AM. And with AM, my Sims do not go to work or school. There's simply a jump bug and they refuse to go, whether using the carpool or directed to the actual building. When I remove AM, it solves the problem.

Just want to confirm that this must have been an un-AM-related coincidence, because the game is now working correctly with latest AM installed. Thanks EA.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: 2009 December 15, 00:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to confirm that this must have been an un-AM-related coincidence, because the game is now working correctly with latest AM installed. Thanks EA.

Yeah they really are doing a terrible job right now, all the bugs here and then the game The Saboteur having major issues with ATI cards.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: 2009 December 15, 01:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see "LiveOnCommunityLots False" in showconfig, but I can't do LiveOnCommunityLots true/false/on/off: Unknown Command. So is this command discontinued? What would happen if it's switched on?

On a separate note, they don't change into martial arts outfit to practice on the dummy or the board breaker or spar.  Is this intentional by AwesomeMod? They can't change into martial arts outfit even when directed. The icon just gets dropped out of the queue.

[Edit] It's marhis-SimTuning that is preventing sims from changing into martial arts.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 15, 19:53:24 by Lion » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: