More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:52:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731926 times)
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1575 on: 2009 October 21, 03:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ORLY? It's always said ORLY? Funny I never noticed before. OK, I guess I will cease to wonder about the trait acquisition. She is an elder so I assumed she had simply lost her marbles, til I interfered.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2009 October 21, 03:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ORLY?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skelley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 2009 October 21, 13:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else notice that when you use falconpunch the pop-up says "Falcon! Paunch!"
The desired action works just fine, and I find the idea of a paunchy bird amusing, but when there aren't any other real issues that need to be addressed you might want to fix it.
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2009 October 21, 13:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else notice that when you use falconpunch the pop-up says "Falcon! Paunch!"
The desired action works just fine, and I find the idea of a paunchy bird amusing, but when there aren't any other real issues that need to be addressed you might want to fix it.

/facepalm

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"Everything becomes absolute truth when shouted." - kiki
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 2009 October 21, 15:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

alright ill try taking out awesome mod to see if i can change a lifetime wish

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2009 October 22, 03:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

Just wanted to give a very big thanks for implementing the getcertificate command.

I've been noticing that after some time, the game breaks ownership links for certain items. Like fishes (who caught the certain fish and fish weight, fish becomes "store bought"), it also has been happening to paintings (paintings become riddler tiles) and certificates. So far with books it has not yet occurred, perhaps the AM functionality for purchasing player written books at the bookstore keeps the link in check.

The certificates link gets broken that it does not have the "view" pie menu and becomes a mere functionless decorative.

For fishes it's easy to catch new ones and paintings is also replaceable (unless the painting is based on a happenstance event or a portrait and the subject sim is not anymore available to pose.)

So thanks once more for the AM. Really, a very unique, wonderful asset to TS3.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 2009 October 22, 05:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod does not control LTW or changing them. You can change your LTW if you haven't filled it. Once a sim has fulfilled their LTW, the perk for changing the LTW is no longer available to purchase, and so you can't change it anymore. This is a normal game behavior (and why would you WANT to change it, if you did it already?). As far as cost-per-yield goes, LTWs tend to be a relatively poor payoff, anyway, and have no real lasting effects, unlike their TS2 equivalents.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 2009 October 24, 00:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah but thats the whole point i have NOT completed it not even close on every occasion that i have tried to change it is not one thats been completed, trying to change that was complete as you said would be silly. but on several sims that ive married into my main group of sims have lifetime wishes that dont suit them and each time i tried to change them the pop up comes up and it acts like it lets me choose a new one but wheni click on the one i want then click ok nothing is changed

Eta:  i just removed awesome mod and choose one of my sims that had enough points and without it i was able to change their lifetime wish, i tried it again with awesome mod and now it works for all but one sims i tried and dont know whats up, im not 100% sure but i think i may have edited her with a cas cheat so that would explain her but i tested with other sims that i tried and failed before and now they work, well some are better than none atleast.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 24, 01:05:52 by dragon_tfm » Logged

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2009 October 24, 11:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is part of capturing Captain Falcon's accent, yes.

AwesomeMod does not control the ability to change an LTW, that is a feature of the default game: You cannot buy the perk to change your LTW if you have already beaten the LTW and it is plated over in the UI.

Kaiils
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2009 October 24, 22:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I get rid of awesome mod?
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2009 October 24, 22:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You delete it out of the Mods folder.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: 2009 November 07, 23:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just started using supreme commander(a little late on the game, I know, but I was scared off by all the tales of game borking I'd heard), and I'm having some trouble.  I'm currently playing the apocalypse challenge(using adapted ts3 rules, not pinstar's), and I wanted to have a sim skill up gardening without my having to babysit her all day.  This is what I got the impression supreme commander is for.  However, at this point in the challenge, I haven't unlocked the ability to use the shower yet, so all my sims are stinky.  I think this might be why supreme commander comes up with an icon for her to "use bathroom", even though her bladder motive is completely green.  Is that what's happening, and if so, is there a way to use supreme commander with this challenge?  Or is it meant for more optimal play, and will I just have to wait?

If it's meant for more optimal play, I do have a slight grievance with it, because it sent her to the swim center(which has cheap showers), rather than the athletic center(which has expensive showers).  That is not awesome, at ALL.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2009 November 08, 02:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alaira - Maybe the swim center was closer than the gym.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 2009 November 08, 05:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was.  But, the cheap showers have a random chance of giving a negative moodlet, whereas the expensive ones have a random chance of giving a positive moodlet.  I would have thought that an extra 5-10 minutes in the car would have been worth it for a +10 rather than a -10 mood.(I just pulled that number out of my ass, I have no idea what the boost is for those moodlets)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 2009 November 08, 13:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was.  But, the cheap showers have a random chance of giving a negative moodlet, whereas the expensive ones have a random chance of giving a positive moodlet.  I would have thought that an extra 5-10 minutes in the car would have been worth it for a +10 rather than a -10 mood.(I just pulled that number out of my ass, I have no idea what the boost is for those moodlets)

Why don't you replace the cheap showers in the swim center with the expensive ones?
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: 2009 November 08, 14:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I understand, Awesomemod optimizes sim/object interactions so that the sims go to the nearest object that will fulfill the need. Whether the nearest shower is the cheap one or the expensive one won't make any difference, the sim won't take that into account at all - and besides, the moodlet is so minor, I would think that the time saved by this fix more than makes up for it in the long run.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: 2009 November 08, 16:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you replace the cheap showers in the swim center with the expensive ones?

I'm playing against a friend, so it wouldn't be fair to modify my neighborhood.  Though if I wasn't attempting a challenge, and was just playing, yes that would be something I'd do(and have done in the past).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 2009 November 09, 03:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what's happening, and if so, is there a way to use supreme commander with this challenge?  Or is it meant for more optimal play, and will I just have to wait?
Supreme Commander does not understand your arbitrary rules and restrictions, and there is no realistic way to make it do so since you people seem to constantly invent new ones, so no, Supreme Commander is not compatible with arbitrary rules that you impose on yourself, it only knows what is actually in the game.

As far as I understand, Awesomemod optimizes sim/object interactions so that the sims go to the nearest object that will fulfill the need. Whether the nearest shower is the cheap one or the expensive one won't make any difference, the sim won't take that into account at all - and besides, the moodlet is so minor, I would think that the time saved by this fix more than makes up for it in the long run.
It does. AwesomeMod prefers to avoid harmful actions.

jfgraves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 2009 November 10, 00:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I missed this, or it doesn't exist, but is it possible to change a Sim's job level through Awesome mod?
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: 2009 November 10, 21:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the "set fit/fat ness" command been dropped from AM?  I was going to use it today and it no longer appears in the drop down list.  I play with the config set to enable all debug commands but leave debugging interations and testing cheats disabled.  I set the config in game to enable both debugging interactions and testing cheats in case I had just forgotten either, or both, of those should be enabled as well but stil it was not listed and an attempt to try it anyway just gave an unknown command response.

I have the 11/02/09 AM version and the last time I had used the command was a couple of versions ago.  It is still listed in the RTFM but have to consider the possibility it was just an oversight not to remove it.   
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1595 on: 2009 November 10, 23:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used it recently and it worked. o.0

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 2009 November 11, 05:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, bizarre.  Tried again tonight and the "set fit/fat ness" command is still not there.  Also noticed that "dropoldloves" is also MIA.  Thanks for letting me know it is still in game for someone else.  I'll futz around and put in a fresh AM version and config to see if anything changes. 
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: 2009 November 12, 00:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wish I could use AwesomeMod...but every time I patch past 1.2.7 my audio stammers and stutters..thanks out to EA for the alpha software.

Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: 2009 November 12, 19:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wish I could use AwesomeMod...but every time I patch past 1.2.7 my audio stammers and stutters..thanks out to EA for the alpha software.

If that's your only problem there is a solution.
Background:
I had the same problem with stuttering sound.
At the beginning it was only me in the whole wide word with that problem. More and more people reported the same problem at thesims3.com but we are still very few. There was three echoes every 6:th second and by coincident I checked my sound drivers and I had three drivers. I removed one and I got two echoes and heureca!! I found it.

It seems that after the patch EA have opened sound channels to all available sound drivers or something.

There is another EA game called Dead Space that have exactly the same
problem and the solution is the same as we have found out.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/32762.page

On thesims3.com olivermypup describes what to do in proper english. The "Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device" we finally identified as the sound device for the internal dial up modem of type "Windows 56 kb software modem". If you really use dial up modem today I don't know what to do:

olivermypup wrote:
"I had gone in to Device manager and turned off all audio device but the one for my speakers and it didn't work.. However I either missed one or it wasn't in the list before because I just tried it again, and there was a device listed that I don't remember being there. It's strange. I don't know how i could've missed it. Anyways I disabled it and sure enough the skipping has stopped. I am beside myself with joy! Apparently that is the issue. A thousand thank you's to Morphar!

Just to note, I figured out the device causing the issue on my system was "Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device" "

Some SimGuru have made a case at EA of this but no fix yet.

SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: 2009 November 13, 22:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Morphar...I'll make another attempt in a couple days and post my results.

Update 11/23:
I updated to 1.6.6, but still the problem persists.
I read the info on Morphar's link and the consensus is that the sound 2 tab in Direct X Diagnostics is the root of the problem...unfortunately I can't see any way to remove it as specified as there is no indication of the culprit 56k modem in my device manager or control panel. Changing the hardware acceleration didn't help either.

I did find an odd Multimedia audio controller in 'Other devices' in the device manager, but disabling it had no effect.

Until there is a fix by EA or a more comprehensive understanding of the issues, it's 1.2.7 for me...
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 19:15:01 by SickPuppy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: