More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:57:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1737471 times)
Ghostie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1525 on: 2009 October 07, 05:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why haven't you even tried redownloading it? BE LESS STUPID.
I have tried 3 or four times !
Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2009 October 07, 08:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried 3 or four times !

Sure you have.
Maybe the mod doesn't really even exist and this whole site is a cruel prank to get people's hopes up, make them feel stupid and offer cheap laughs for the selected few who know the joke?

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
westlife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 2009 October 09, 15:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Everyone, I don't know if I am in the right place but here goes.

I downloaded Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies and installed it into c:program files/electronic arts/the sims 3. And then I downloaded AwesomeMod and installed that into the mod packages. The problem I'm having is that my game will load up to choose what family I would like to play but then it crashes without warning.  I have version 1.2.7.00002 sims 3 installed.  Could anyone help me?

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2009 October 09, 15:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the manual, especially the bit about compatibility:
http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/rtfm.txt
You should always read the manual carefully BEFORE you install anything.
westlife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2009 October 09, 15:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I Will do. I left the Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies installed on my laptop but deleted the AwesomMod out of my packasge folder and my game works fine.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: 2009 October 09, 16:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you really that dense?
PATCH YOUR GAME!
Awesomemod is not compatible with 1.2.  Try patching to 1.3 or 1.4.  Call me crazy, but it just might work.

Base Game Version 1.3.24 or 1.4.6. Compatible with all Awesomeware.
westlife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 2009 October 09, 16:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm Sorry. I have fixed my problem now, but could anyone tell me how I get more than 8 sims in my house please? And yes I know I'm stupid
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: 2009 October 09, 16:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm Sorry. I have fixed my problem now, but could anyone tell me how I get more than 8 sims in my house please? And yes I know I'm stupid

You are doing this on purpose aren't you?  Either that, or you are entirely too stupid to be using Awesomemod.
*takes a deep breath
If you wish to use Awesomemod, you must RTFM!  You have even been given a link.  You should have already read it to solve your earlier compatibility/crash issue.  In this wondrous manual, you will find the answer to that which you seek.  HINT: it is under "CAS Features".  I am done holding your hand.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: 2009 October 10, 02:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, see, when a boy sim and a girl sim fall in love, and there's six other sims in the household....

INFP or something
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 2009 October 12, 18:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to confirm something:  A Pedo Sim does not become a RSO unless observed in the act, correct? So what entails being observed? Observed by the Pedo's victim? Observed through a window? Observed by other Sims nearby? If a Pedo Sim has a young companion who he or she does not sexually molest until he or she has brought said companion into the privacy of his or her own home, does that mean Pedo never evolves into a sex offender?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: 2009 October 12, 19:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to confirm something:  A Pedo Sim does not become a RSO unless observed in the act, correct? So what entails being observed? Observed by the Pedo's victim?
It has to be a third-party observer who is not pedo-related.

Observed through a window? Observed by other Sims nearby?
Other sims nearby will do it. I don't know if the game will actually raytrace through windows to determine this.

If a Pedo Sim has a young companion who he or she does not sexually molest until he or she has brought said companion into the privacy of his or her own home, does that mean Pedo never evolves into a sex offender?
Right.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sifaradia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 2009 October 15, 13:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need some clarification regarding household aging, story progression and blessed households.  I've read through all these threads but not sure what I need to do to play the way I want to play.  I understand that the game's built-in story progression is really crap and does exactly what I don't want it to do, hence the Indie or Awesome alternatives, but not sure what to use exactly or if necessary even.  What I'm interested in is basically the same gameplay as in TS2 - so, I've enabled TS2-style aging in the AM configtool.  My question is, if now aging only occurs in the active household, is blessing a family necessary, or using either Indie or AM story progression to improve it? 

I have about six different families that I've created which I like to play in turns - a couple of sim days each, keeping them aging more or less at the same rate, I hope, by having TS2-style aging on.  If I also bless these families, will this counteract the TS2-style aging, or if I use either AM or Indie progression?  I'm just not sure exactly how these work together. Thanks.
moosemonk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: 2009 October 15, 14:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I also bless these families, will this counteract the TS2-style aging, or if I use either AM or Indie progression?  I'm just not sure exactly how these work together. Thanks.

As far as I know, blessing families only makes them immune to story progression. It shouldn't have any effect on aging.
Sifaradia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 2009 October 15, 14:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized I've most likely misunderstood what aging is regarding story progression.  Like I said, I have TS2-style aging enabled and I just played two sim days with my first family - from move-in day Sunday to Tuesday morning.  I went to play a second family never played before and it's Tuesday morning.  So, does this mean this second family has not aged yet since I haven't played them but time still progressed??  I definitely don't want this to happen to my custom families - I want to play one, then the others in order, all starting from the same days (not sure if I'm explaining this clearly).  So, before I start all over again, is this possible?  Is this what bless does?  Or is this something that can be done with either AM or Indie progression?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: 2009 October 15, 14:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time in the neighborhood is unified, so if it is Tuesday in one fambly, it's Tuesday everywhere. However, if TS2 aging is on, sims of other famblies should not increment their ages, although they might still transition if you zapped out while they were queued for age-up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sifaradia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: 2009 October 15, 14:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, if I played two sim days with my first family with TS2 aging on, can I assume that NOTHING has happened with my other unplayed as yet families those past two days (Monday and Tuesday)?  Kids in my other families didn't need to go to school or adults to work, etc.?  Is there a point to blessing them if TS2 aging is enabled?  Thanks.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 2009 October 15, 15:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 aging only affects the aging of the sims.  If you truly wish for nothing to happen to any of your sims while you are not playing them, you must turn story progression off.  Indiestone will override this setting, so don't use it if you wish to turn it off.  "Blessing" a household works in conjunction with Awesommod story progression to stop those households from being affected by story progression while you are not playing them.  Obviously, it would be silly to "bless" your entire neighborhood, so it is mostly designed for those few households you actually want to play, if you are a household switcher.
TS2 aging is global, though, so NO sims will age if you are not actively playing them.  If you wish to have only the households you actively play not age when you are not playing them, allowing the rest of the hood to age, you can use Indiestone (or twallan's) "stasis" mode while not playing the household.  This setting prevents aging and story progression from occurring within the unplayed household.  Be forewarned, though, it does not always work the way it should, and there will be a lot of school failure and poor work performance upon returning to the household.

If you really want to play TS2-style, I would suggest playing TS2.  TS3 is designed to be played differently and will force you to alter your play-style accordingly.  Unless you like beating your head against a wall.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 2009 October 15, 15:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you wish to have only the households you actively play not age when you are not playing them, allowing the rest of the hood to age, you can use Indiestone (or twallan's) "stasis" mode while not playing the household.  This setting prevents aging and story progression from occurring within the unplayed household. 

Isn't the exactly what blessing families through AM does?

So far I use the IS option of sticking families I want to play later into Stasis mode, but I'm sick of IS, so I thought I'd switch over to AM story-mode and just use the sacred command instead of stasis. That works the same, yeah?

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that I need to, what, go around the neighborhood installing cribs in houses in order to keep the population at an even keel? I searched the forums for "crib" but couldn't find any postings that made sense regarding this, so now I have to ask. I don't really want my population to die out because I didn't put cribs in every house in the town...
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 2009 October 15, 16:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Blessing" (with AM story driver) does not prevent aging, just story progression (moving, marriage, pregnancies, etc.).  "Stasis" (with IS driver or twallan's driver) will prevent aging in addition to story progression.

I placed cribs in about half of all existing households in the hood.  Some households have more than one crib.  The "breeders" (those with "family-oriented" trait) flock to those households.  If you find your population is getting out of control, remove cribs.  If you find it is not growing, add more.  AM story progression is far superior to Indiestone, in my opinion, because everything it does makes sense. You will lose the "stasis" ability, however, as there is no true "stasis" with AM.  You can turn TS2 aging on and off to get this effect, but I found the process too tedious to keep up with and just changed my playing style, accepting that when I switch households, aging will happen.  Just do not forget to enable story progression in your game options to turn AM story progression "on" and set your config to "informonstoryaction (or whatever it is called) true" so you get the notifications when something happens.  YOU WILL NOT GET BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS!  Hint hint, Pescado.

After switching from Indiestone to Awesomemod story progression, I would never go back.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: 2009 October 15, 16:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, crap. The lack of ageing in IS's Stasis mode is the only reason I'm still even using IS. Thanks for warning me before I switched it.  I don't want TS2 style ageing in the whole 'hood, I just want to have MY SAY with certain families. I assume Twallan's stasis mode is not compatible with AM any more than the ISM's is...?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: 2009 October 15, 16:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"stasis" mode is actually an EAxian functionality that is buried, and both ISM's method for enabling it and Twallans are probably the same and exist independently of AwesomeMod, and will continue to persist even if all hacks are removed, because it is actually an EAxian functionality that normally cannot be accessed, but will continue to exist independently of any mod once turned on.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 2009 October 15, 16:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But stasis mode is not sold separately, so if you want to use it, then you need to add Twallan's story progression mod in place of yours.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 2009 October 15, 18:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But stasis mode is not sold separately, so if you want to use it, then you need to add Twallan's story progression mod in place of yours.

Or Indiestone, correct.  AM story driver works best with AM, though.  If you do make the switch, make sure you disable "stasis" in all households where it is enabled, or it will carry over...even without the specific mod that uses it, as Pescado states.  Better yet, start a new hood, which is what I did.  People, you do not need "stasis" like you think you do.  You get used to it.  AM story driver is so much better (in my opinion) that you will hardly miss that little feature.

Edit: clarification
« Last Edit: 2009 October 15, 18:23:07 by snowbawl » Logged
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 2009 October 15, 21:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try Buzzler's Aging Control in the Pudding Factory. I haven't used it - I like my people to age - but I can recommend his mirror for birth control.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 2009 October 15, 21:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"stasis" mode is actually an EAxian functionality that is buried
How is this actually called or where is this buried? I searched in reflector for debug, stasis, freeze, hold, stop and basically all synonyms I could think of, but didn't find this.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: