More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:08:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722676 times)
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1400 on: 2009 September 20, 21:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows cannot close TS3 hoods if they are bigger than 40MB.

This is the problem you need to solve, rather than bending over backwards and doing insane contortions with your gameplay to try to keep your saves small. I've been running a neighborhood for 4 generations now and my save files have been over 50MB for most of that time. They're now up to 80MB. And 90% of the time they save and load with no issue. I have encountered a few error 12s along the way, but I can always get rid of them by going to a backup save. Saves can take up to 5 minutes when the want trees start getting bloated, but 'resetallwants' is all I have to do to get shorter save times and chop about 10MB off the save size.

I'm sure other MATYians are able to save and play games over 40MB under several versions of Windows. I really have no idea why you cannot, but I think this is the issue you need to be troubleshooting rather than trying to play your way around it.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 20, 21:44:38 by varmint » Logged
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 2009 September 20, 21:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry...is there a way to change the configuration of the Awesome mod instead of using the Configuration Tool?? The file who it generates doesn't work and I'm not able to change the configuration...I don't know why..! How can I solve??

Okay rocky, IF you have Awesome Mod in the correct file then you should be able to bring up the console window with Ctrl-Shift-Click and type in ShowConfig and hit enter, now you should be able to see approx. 4 pages of the Config file and also the specifics that you want to configure. So, let's say you want to enable the Robotic Hand of God, once you've written down all of the elements of AM that you want to configure (make a list), next bring up the console window again and type SetConfig RoboticHandofGod Enabled and then hit enter again. Do this w/all elements that you want to configure and then save your changes. You will need to do this each and every time you play your game, as setting the config in-game is only temporary. The online config is working just fine for me, so you may not have everything set up in your files correctly. Good Luck !   Smiley

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 2009 September 20, 21:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some browsers will (incorrectly) add a .xml or .txt file extension to AweConf.package.  If you remove the extraneous extension, the game should be able to read the configuration file.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 2009 September 21, 05:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a quick question, I accidentally ctrl + shift clicked and impregnated the wrong person, because my kid looks exactly like her mother.. So I have a teenager who is apparently pregnant now, lol! Is there a way to undo this, or should I just kill her? She made it as far as delivery, and she is stuck in have a baby mode, the moodlet is in her box, but if I try to send her to the hospital or have someone take her, nothing happens. So she is totally broken right now
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 2009 September 21, 06:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use falconpunch console code?
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 2009 September 21, 08:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Am going to be put available outside the site as it was done for TS2, when eventually it is considered as "tested enough"? Or when an EP is released and the present AM eventually would only work without the EP? Anyway, is there any plan to make it available without the need of entering the site?
It seems that I do not have any problem left that can be solved, so I decided to abandon TS3 until I can find solutions that match my needs. Of course AM will expire in the meantime and I'll not even notice because I will not be playing this game. Would appreciate to get a new version without having to be ridicularized because of my non-english origin. If I read something, I immediately have new questions or new ideas, so it is better not to read anything.
I always wonder how ESL's can tolerate sims that cannot speak any language just because they cannot at all learn grammar. And it became the most successful creation because it is  international. So, grammar was the most stupid creation of human beings.

I always keep on checking the "free" section to see if something on TS3 was added.
Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 2009 September 21, 08:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Am going to be put available outside the site as it was done for TS2, when eventually it is considered as "tested enough"?
What do you mean "available outside the site"? I don't recall any such thing ever having been done for TS2, either. If someone did this, it wasn't through any effort that I planned or organized and therefore represents an unsupported third-party venture outside the scope of MATY.

Or when an EP is released and the present AM eventually would only work without the EP? Anyway, is there any plan to make it available without the need of entering the site?
No, there are no plans to do anything of the sort. Any such efforts are non-authorized and therefore not supported.

It seems that I do not have any problem left that can be solved, so I decided to abandon TS3 until I can find solutions that match my needs. Of course AM will expire in the meantime and I'll not even notice because I will not be playing this game. Would appreciate to get a new version without having to be ridicularized because of my non-english origin. If I read something, I immediately have new questions or new ideas, so it is better not to read anything.
You can just download it without saying anything.

I always wonder how ESL's can tolerate sims that cannot speak any language just because they cannot at all learn grammar. And it became the most successful creation because it is  international. So, grammar was the most stupid creation of human beings.
Sims have a grammar. They just speak Simlish, but it is clear that there is a grammar involved.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 2009 September 21, 08:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Am going to be put available outside the site as it was done for TS2, when eventually it is considered as "tested enough"? Or when an EP is released and the present AM eventually would only work without the EP? Anyway, is there any plan to make it available without the need of entering the site?

I always keep on checking the "free" section to see if something on TS3 was added.
Thanks.

Hey elbab, if you keep bringing it up you will be struck with a pointy stick. Are you saying you are too stupid to read? ESL only means that you don't speak the language of the culture, i.e. not native to the language in question. That means that you and me, coming from non english speaking countries are ESL since we weren't born in an english speaking country. We are ESL on MATY but on a site where our languages are the norm, we wouldn't be ESL. That has nothing to do with the fact that sims speak gibberish. What you are essentially saying is "Let's make the languageand understanding of it even more confusing by not using the grammar that people all over the world are learning in school!" Great line of thought there, but do keep it to yourself.

It seems to me that you are trying to subscribe to a service that doesn't exist. We will not hold your hand when you come back. If you have any valid questions then that hasn't been answered a hundred times over, then yes, you are welcome with your problems. But saying that MATY is too mean for you and that is the reason you want a holding site for AM so you don't have to deal with the meanies is weak in my book. I am ESL; that is NOT an excuse for acting like a three year old and wailing to mommy that noone answers my stupid questions which I could have easily have found on the site just by doing some reading for ten minutes.

I have to ask: what is this "free" section you are talking about? Awesomemod is free, or didn't you know that? It also doesn't cost a dime to read the forum, only your time. That's right, your time, not mine or anyone elses. Need to have something translated? Fine, I bet there are people on here that might help you with that. PM them with your questions. A GPS isn't required at MATY, which is why I have to wonder why you obviously think that people here are monitoring you in some way. LURK and noone will even recognise that you are present. Yes, it is that easy.

If I read something, I immediately have new questions or new ideas, so it is better not to read anything.

Excuse me?? Are you claiming that you would rather remain ignorant and silent for a while and then come back as an even bigger moron? Keep reading the site but exercise LURK MODE. It will help you immensly.

- INTJ -
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 2009 September 21, 10:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the start screen of this site, there are two options, and one of them leads to simple downloads, and this is what I mean. I prefer to read a simple RTFM. And I'll be using your mod until there are tools simple enough so that I can make my own modifications without help. I don't use most of the features created by modders anyway, so I get something that in the reality I don't fully need. This is the only reason that I'm angry on EA. If one man can modify the game and make it playable, why a company can't. We signed under their EULA that says that everything that is created and related to TS belongs to them. So it is time that they just include tested stuff that were considered as playable and make the game playable. I don't have much of requests related to special features. I buy this game from EA just because there are no similar in the market. Of course they give a damn if I buy it or not and I understand the point perfectly. And sure, the day I find something that pleases me better, I'll take it. I do not post anything in any site because I have a very low level speaking and it is unproper in most of the sites. But most of the sites give correct answer without the need of asking. If you just place updated versions of AM by the same section where you placed your TS mods, probably you will have only your team inside as you like. As said, the only reason we come here is because your mod is, today, the only thing that is making TS3 playable, but this will change and hopefully soon.

PS: please don't answer any of my posts, if you are not named JM Pescado. I'm interested only on the mod, not in opinions.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 2009 September 21, 10:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incoherent ramblings.

I dare say, are you going to pick you toys up and go home now? I'm not even going to bother with your obvious grammatical errors, as new learnings are lost on you. But you have really taken a wrong turn on the internet highway if you think that MATY will shut up just because you ask us to. If you post something on a public message board, be ready for people to answer you. If not, you can always post a PM to the person you want to converse with.

But most of the sites give correct answer without the need of asking.

And there you go again with your wonderfully blissful notion that people on the net use telepathy. Noone is going to answer your questions if you haven't asked them before. But, if the question has been answered time and time again, don't expect people to bend over backwards to accomodate you. This is simple logic and expected of a person partaking in the culture of MATY. I don't know where this TS section is that you speak of. Again, you can swoop in, get the mod and run out the door without noone even acknowledging your presence. It really is that simple.

- INTJ -
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: 2009 September 21, 11:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the start screen of this site, there are two options, and one of them leads to simple downloads, and this is what I mean. I prefer to read a simple RTFM. And I'll be using your mod until there are tools simple enough so that I can make my own modifications without help.
That is unlikely to happen. Script modding is basically as advanced as it's going to get at this point. Unlike TS2, where the how-tos were constantly being discovered, like an onion, TS3 is layered with one hardened layer of protection which protects all of its soft innards, like a turtle. And we have already opened this turtle.

If you just place updated versions of AM by the same section where you placed your TS mods, probably you will have only your team inside as you like. As said, the only reason we come here is because your mod is, today, the only thing that is making TS3 playable, but this will change and hopefully soon.
This is unlikely to change. The Highlander Rule conspires to make this impractical at best. While it is very easy to make a mod, especially if you're just probing the surface or extending the surface, it is not so easy to dig in the the guts of the game without a full core modification. There aren't really any new techniques to discover in scripting, so at this point it's basically a matter of how persistent people are. You're not likely going to find someone capable of sustained persistence, though. That appears to be a me-thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rocky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: 2009 September 21, 12:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some browsers will (incorrectly) add a .xml or .txt file extension to AweConf.package.  If you remove the extraneous extension, the game should be able to read the configuration file.

Wich files are you talking about?? In the folder there are just two files: the AM file and the file generated by the Tool. What do I have to remove??

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: 2009 September 21, 12:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Jordi: Don't worry. It's just another one of Austere/Caraleeches socks. Pescado will surely give it the boot in no time.

- INTJ -
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: 2009 September 21, 16:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some browsers will (incorrectly) add a .xml or .txt file extension to AweConf.package.  If you remove the extraneous extension, the game should be able to read the configuration file.

Wich files are you talking about?? In the folder there are just two files: the AM file and the file generated by the Tool. What do I have to remove??

That's correct, there are only two files: awesome.package and aweconf.package.  However, you said that awesome.package is working and aweconf.package is not.  This can only happen if something has gone wrong.  For example, your download may be corrupt, in which case downloading it again should fix it.  However, it sounds like you are having this problem consistently, so I was looking for another explanation for your problem.

One thing that people have reported is that their browser adds either .xml or .txt to the downloaded configuration file, so that it is named aweconf.package.xml or aweconf.package.txt.  The game will not read these files; it will only load files with the .package file extension.  The operating system can exacerbate this problem by hiding the file extension from you, so that the file appears to be named aweconf.package, even though it isn't.

If this is your problem, then removing the extraneous .xml or .txt file extension should solve your problem.  I would also recommend changing your system so that file extensions are never hidden.  On Windows XP, you can change this option by running the Windows Explorer and choosing Folder Options from the Tools menu.  Go to the View tab and uncheck the option named "Hide extensions for known file types".

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: 2009 September 21, 20:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the NPC Motor Pool unlimited? Or are there just a few available cars? Is it possible to edit this carpool? Cause i have seen that one of my NPC-sims was waiting for hours at his work with the "no way" sign over his head. Then he walks to the road and drove away with the npc motor pool car.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: 2009 September 21, 21:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking at the carpool section the other day and saw that they have a max number of 6.  I was also wondering if it would be a VBT to add 1 or 2 to this number.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: 2009 September 21, 22:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw, is it possible to use a configfile with ISD enabled and ASD enabled? Cause i am currently playing with ISD Disabled and ASD enabled.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: 2009 September 22, 00:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NPC motor pool is unlimited. Any time an inactive household attempts to go somewhere in a car, if they don't actually own a car, they are given a temporary vehicle, which is marked as NPC Motor Pool in the display to indicate this.

btw, is it possible to use a configfile with ISD enabled and ASD enabled? Cause i am currently playing with ISD Disabled and ASD enabled.
No. If you enable them both, ISM driver wil be checked, and if available, used, and AwesomeDriver won't, because you can't use two storydrivers at once, this results in indeterminate behavior.

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: 2009 September 22, 03:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed since this update that my platters of meals are automagically being stored in the fridge. While it seemed like a good thing at first, I am having a bit of difficulty with it. It has rendered my food replicator useless. The food won't sit out long enough to 'store' it. Also, I can no longer call the family and/or guests to meals. I assume this is a robotic hand of god feature. I don't expect you to redo it. I am just registering my opposition to that one feature.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
windandsummer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: 2009 September 22, 17:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey I have a problem. I recently downloaded awesomemod (actually I had a friend who uses it install it for me). We did the config and installed and nothing. Blur still there interactions between teen and young adult still denied. We reinstalled it at least four times and still nothing. I don't have any other mods (other than delfys install mod) I was hoping somebody would know something I could do cuz I'd really love to use this mod. Thanks so much for any and all help.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: 2009 September 22, 17:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed since this update that my platters of meals are automagically being stored in the fridge. While it seemed like a good thing at first, I am having a bit of difficulty with it. It has rendered my food replicator useless. The food won't sit out long enough to 'store' it. Also, I can no longer call the family and/or guests to meals. I assume this is a robotic hand of god feature. I don't expect you to redo it. I am just registering my opposition to that one feature.

Turn it off, ffs.  I run without the robotic hand of god simply so that my neatfreaks can get their wish-on.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: 2009 September 22, 18:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey I have a problem. I recently downloaded awesomemod (actually I had a friend who uses it install it for me). We did the config and installed and nothing. Blur still there interactions between teen and young adult still denied. We reinstalled it at least four times and still nothing. I don't have any other mods (other than delfys install mod) I was hoping somebody would know something I could do cuz I'd really love to use this mod. Thanks so much for any and all help.

It's my understanding that AM only removes the blur in certain situations. That's how it worked on my computer. I use the "no mosaic" mod (I got it at MTS) to always remove the blur. Also I think you need another mod to actually have interactions between teens and young adults, setting it in AM just allows the other mods to work.

That's my understanding. Throw knives and correct if I'm wrong. Undecided

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: 2009 September 22, 20:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere here that Awesomod was capatible with the Sim3 patches. But when I installed that last patch it gave me a lot of problems. I couldn't make the Sims follow my directions if they weren't in the same room. I had to send them to the room then tell the to do what I wanted them to do. I removed Awesomod and it worked fine.  Then I notice that there is a more recent Awesome. Does it fix this problem or should I remove the Sims3 Patch and if so how?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: 2009 September 22, 21:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere here that Awesomod was capatible with the Sim3 patches. But when I installed that last patch it gave me a lot of problems. I couldn't make the Sims follow my directions if they weren't in the same room. I had to send them to the room then tell the to do what I wanted them to do. I removed Awesomod and it worked fine.  Then I notice that there is a more recent Awesome. Does it fix this problem or should I remove the Sims3 Patch and if so how?

You must always get the latest AwesomeMod.  This problem was fixed awhile back.  AwesomeMod is still a work in progress, and Pescado fixes any bugs as they are reported.  He does not want people to use old versions, as they tend to then report old problems.  So, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!

You must also update your game, as AwesomeMod is compatible with the latest version.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 23, 00:34:02 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
windandsummer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: 2009 September 22, 22:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much gtachampion.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: